Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

U Have To Read This NOW - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / U Have To Read This NOW (1385 Views)

Do U Have Pups U Find Difficult To Sell / If U Have Great Experience In Turkey Rearing.pls Share Here.proffesionals Pls / If U Have A Parvo Related Case Or your dog Is Sick...a Vet Available In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U Have To Read This NOW by kennynoah1987(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Half of Breeding South African Boerboel dogs-puppies is proper feeding.Being a breeder I get inquiries on feeding regimes and techniques. I am going to attempt to anwser the following questions with this article.*.What to feed raw vs kibble boerboel?*.How much to feed a boerboel?*.How do I get started feeding the raw?*.What is the best kibble?The most complete readily available food for a South African Boerboels ischicken leg quarters. Chicken Leg Quarters available at Walmart or Save Alot in 10 lb bags for about are a great value for the serious boerboel owner have fat muscle and bone in the perfect ratios. It should be fed RAW. With the BONE IN. I know it may sound strange but this is what I do I take my dog outside a toss the chicken leg quarters on the ground. the dog or puppy is allowed to eat until full.Feeding rawdoes not mean boiled grilled deep fried or heated in any type of way. Raw feeding is the absolute best way to feed any canine.After your boerboel pup is full watch it may be sniff the ground this is a signal that the pup needs to potty.Never over feed a South African BoerboelAny dog for that matter should not be over fed or fed to the point that the stomach becomes extended. There are several decreased health rick for dogs who remain leaner versus the dogs who are allowed to gain excess weight. They include increase fertility and mobility, decreased bloat risk and decreased hip dysplasia just to name a few.So what dry kibble dog food do we use and reccommend? I like the Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy. This is really good dog food but some what pricey at 45.00 foe 33 lbs. But quality comes at a price. We notice that Eukanuba does not swell when wet, also the kibble are large so puppies are forced to chew the kibble versus just swallowing down mouthfulls.Feed your dog until it stops eating and not a bite more. Thenwait til its begging for food again.a hungry dog will have more energy because less energy is being devoted to digesting food. If you want a more active dog feed it less. Hunger fules the dog and the tiger a like.First and foremost as breeders we want the strongest most fertile breeding specimens possible. So what we do is research read and study trends patterns and habbits of our chosen breed. Looking at the very best boerboels in the breed historically you will see that the best of the best breeders are advocates for raw feeding ad the proof is in the dogs.Biggest mistake breeders make is letting dogs get overweightTime and time agian I have seen or heard of breeders who have dogs that are not getting pregnant and having lower sperm counts. Well guess what we have a reason for this. Fat dogs and borderline obese dogs alike are not fit for breeding. Many people claiming to be"breeders" do nothing more than feedtheir dogs in cages everyday. If you look closely you can tell which dogs are not getting the excersise and overeating.Many of the problems we experiencewithin in our breed is directly related to diet excersise and routine vet health care. One thing that is very important for us to consider is the fact that dogs and humans have evolved over millions of years along side each other. So many of the problems we have in dogs can be directly correlated with the problemsthat we have as humans.We can directly see a relation ship between obesity and infertility. Obese dogs and people have fertility issues. Coincidence I think not. The fact of the matter is lazy fatter dogs are less fertile.A giant breed like the South african Boerboel does not need to be as large as can possibly be. south african Boerboels do NOT need to eat every day. In Fact I feed our adultdogs every third day in the summer and and oncer per day in the winter. With a day to fast once a week.With that being said do NOT try to put your breeding dog on a crash diet in order to get ready for an upcoming breeding. The way to go about preparing you canine for breeding is by having a consistent diet of excersise and high quality nutrition.WefeedourSouth African Boerboelsraw meat and bones. Whyfeedadog-puppyraw meat.Feeding rawdoes not make adogaggressive,feeding rawis the best way to feed a carnivore.Dogs-puppiescan better digest and absorb nutrients fromrawmeat because thek9species stomach was designed for,Whenfoodis cooked nutrients are lost andboerboelsdon't need theirfoodcooked.Kibble is cooked at very high temperatures and sprayed with vitamins to make up for what was lost in the cooking process. The sprayed on vitamins are for the mostpart synthetic and less absorbable than natural nutrients and minerals.Dogs-and puppiesdo not need thesefortified nutrients to thrive.Boerboelsare carnivores and thrive on an allmeat diet. What you can expect whenfeedingyourBoerboel dog-puppyrawis great healthy shinein you animals appearance, a happierattitude, great muscle tone and definition from the appropriate meat protein source. Becauseboerboeldogs-puppiesare intended to get their protien from meat they absorb and utilize protien better when it is from ameat source.When aBoerboel dog-puppyisfedkibble he isn't doing the extensive chewing is mouth was designed for. In fact a kibblefed Boerboel dogs-puppiesare more prone to bloat, a digestive malfunction twisting of the dogs stomach. Because kibble break down in adogsstomach into a soupy sandy substanceDog-puppieswho arefedkibble see a far greater occurrence of bloat.Small amounts of kibble end up as tartar on the boerboels teeth. Raw fed dogs-puppies on the contrary use bone like a toothe brush when the dog is grinding the bone with his teeth this has the same effect of us using the toothe brush to remove plaque. The tripe we feed our South African Boerboel dog-puppies is like a dental floss.Raw fed boerboel dogs-puppies alsopoop far less . When more nutrients are digestible and absorbable then what you end up with is less waste. The odor is low in comparison to a low quality kibble because the nutrients are absorbed so good. source.Well now you may be thinking how can I afford to feed my boerboel dog-puppy raw meats on a daily basis? Well when you subtract the cost of often visits with your Boerboel to the vet for health related issues. Then add the money you save on items like breath freshener and toothe brushes and toothe paste. The idea the you will live a happier life for longer with your Boerboel dog-puppy. I think that it balances out.Look at all of my South African Boerboel you will notice well filled heads. The muscles are their because of the way that the eat. Muscles are very important for the boerboel. In the videos notice how much time is spent chewing when our boerboels are fed raw. Eating raw is a workout itself. Many boerboels you see these days lack the muscle on either side of the headand that at is where they get that hump on the top of skull or peanut head as I like to call them. The best way to avoid a dog-puppy developing the peanut head is to feed them large meaty bones.How did I start and learn about this way of feeding. When I first began my search for the ultimate championsouth african boerboel bloodlines I came across many web sites that were heavily advocating the BARF (Bones And Raw Food) diet. This was totally new and exciting to me. As a boy people always said bones could cause your dog-puppy to choke, or raw meat would cause him to go mad.My Cane Corso I had at the time would just eat enough dog food to survive it seemed. This dog never got full and would not gain the muscle I was looking for. Point blankshe just wasn't in peak physical condition and I knew it. I could not resist more research about raw feeding dogs-.After weeks of research and talking to my dog mentors I decided to give it a try. I began with a40 pound box of chicken quarters from a local meat market. The chicken quarters worked great. My CC dog absolutely loved the chicken and got fuller than ever. I could see muscles in her chest and legs that I never knew were there. So I continued to feed her both kibble and raw.Later I got my first breeding South African Boerboel Pluto . At the time I had a litter of Cane Corso puppies onthe ground. The difference in the health and appearance of the puppies made me try to find a
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by rumenase(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
I think that eukanuba dog feed is very good because when I went through afrika boerboel website that is what they use for their dogs. concerning the Raw feeding I can only agree with yu. I watched a video on YouTube about fullers boerboels and their boerboels are fed exclusively on meat, exercised and they are muscly but they are other high quality meat based kibbles(unlike plant based that are very common) like earthbound holistic(4.5 or 5 star rating on dog food advisor) that contains prebiotics and is chelated that can also be considered. thank you

at this point let me call somebody I respect in Petland lordregalia . greene66 yu are also invited sir
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by kennynoah1987(m): 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
rumenase:
I think that eukanuba dog feed is very good because when I went through afrika boerboel website that is what they use for their dogs. concerning the Raw feeding I can only agree with yu. I watched a video on YouTube about fullers boerboels and their boerboels are fed exclusively on meat, exercised and they are muscly but they are other high quality meat based kibbles(unlike plant based that are very common) like earthbound holistic(4.5 or 5 star rating on dog food advisor) that contains prebiotics and is chelated that can also be considered. thank you

at this point let me call somebody I respect in Petland lordregalia . greene66 yu are also invited sir
At what age do u think the raw feeding should commenced for boerboel pups.
Can the pups be fed raw exclusively without adding any oda thing? Dnt they need Carbs?
Are there any side effect if i feed my boerboel pup raw alone fr a whole year without adding any oda food? Plz more lights
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by rumenase(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
am not really keen on raw feeding so I can't really answer yur questions. I seldomly feed raw but I know someone who can answer yur questions @oluomoadebayo pls help
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by oluomoadebayo: 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
kennynoah1987:

At what age do u think the raw feeding should commenced for boerboel pups.
Can the pups be fed raw exclusively without adding any oda thing? Dnt they need Carbs?
Are there any side effect if i feed my boerboel pup raw alone fr a whole year without adding any oda food? Plz more lights

You can start feeding raw food as early as 5 weeks, you just need to follow this formula: 80% meat, 10% bone, and 10% organs.

If you leave close to Osun STate, I can recommend a good kibble to you.
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by welzyj2(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2017
@op Nice post. Try editing the post, so it can be easier to read.
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by kennynoah1987(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2017
oluomoadebayo:

You can start feeding raw food as early as 5 weeks, you just need to follow this formula: 80% meat, 10% bone, and 10% organs.

I live in Lag sir
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by kennynoah1987(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2017
welzyj2:
@op Nice post. Try editing the post, so it can be easier to read.
Ok sir iv learnt that now
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by oluomoadebayo: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
kennynoah1987:

I live in Lag sir

Unfortunately, the food is not yet in Lagos.
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by ayamprecious: 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
oluomoadebayo:

What of Ibadan
Re: U Have To Read This NOW by oluomoadebayo: 7:01am On Sep 11, 2017
ayamprecious:

What of Ibadan

The food is sold in Osogbo for now.

(1) (Reply)

Bobbysaxy's Kennel Saying A Big Tank U To Nairalanders.gift Items Available... / Animal Rescue Centre In Nigeria / 5month Sable Male Gsd Fr Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.