Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash (5841 Views)

Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / APC Chairmanship Aspirant, Others Die In Boat Accident On Way To Vote / House Of Reps Move To Ban Hiace Buses Over Bayelsa Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by akunta(f): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2011
May the souls of all those lost in that terrible accident rest in peace. Amen!
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by Shampy: 8:23am On Jun 21, 2011
This is sooooooooooo sad cry may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by 9dynasty(m): 8:28am On Jun 21, 2011
being a corper myself-i'd like to express my condolence to the family of the deceased-may GOD give them the strength to bear their losses-may their souls rest in PERFECT peace
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by chamber2(m): 8:45am On Jun 21, 2011
Something is wrong with Peace Mass Transit.Commuters should be careful with this transporter.Every accident occurring along Enugu-Nsukka,Enugu-Onitsha,Enugu-Abakelike etc involves Peace Mass Transit.This is my observation.

Peace Mass Transit should train his drivers well and also replace all these old vehicles.

RIP
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by amumex: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2011
Most drivers on our Nigerian roads behaves like mad persons when they are on the road.most of them drink alot,smokes alot,talks like parrot and weaver birds and to crown it all majority of them are cronic illiterates. they dont obey road signs and at the end of the day they claims right.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 21, 2011
cry
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by samyng(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2011
oh what a loss. may their soul Rest in peace
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by veravee: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2011
Such a sad story. why corp members again? since this year from one death to another. May their souls rest in the perfect blossom of the Lord, Amen
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by 1025: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2011
we are in trouble. the ways nigerians are dying under jonathan, if nothing is done to change this, we will not be up to 50 million at the end of this tenure.
sometimes i am forced to ask if this is part of the fresh air we were promised. read all nigerian newspapers, all u see is tragedy this tragedy that. accident and bombing or boko haram have been on a drastic increase since this jonathan. unless we push pdp out of this govt, we will not know peace because they are not just a political party. we saw how air crafts were crashing day by day under obasanjo today the story has changed and blood continues to flow. are we the only country in this world?
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by samoje1: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2011
;d sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by lexicon(m): 9:36am On Jun 21, 2011
May God never let us experience untimely death anymore. Many God forgive the sins of the unfortunate ones.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by DBestDoc(f): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2011
If i must travel by road, its by big buses(ABC/The Likes)i'm not runnig to anywhere.
All d same sha,na God dey SAVE us
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by DBestDoc(f): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2011
If i must travel by road, its by big buses(ABC/The Likes)i'm not runnig to anywhere.
All d same sha,na God dey SAVE us
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by veravee: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2011
Gush! wat a sad story. sine this year, is all about corp members. why copers again? May their souls rest in the perfect blossom of the Lord, Amen.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by nkirubb: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2011
May their souls rest in peace
i served in benue state, anytime we are passing through that 9th mile nsukka road,
there is no kind of prayer i dont pray, thank God for his merices.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by foward1212(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2011
THis is so sad, its painful, how these ones meet their unexpectedend end, especially for the core members who just finished their youth service programme. May their souls rest in peace, may God strengthen their wards and relations to be able to bear this big loss.   cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry  

We really do need to be connected to God at this time in our lives, a lot is happening, and it takes the grace of God to overcome all these havoks.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by phillipe: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2011
RIP to the lost Souls
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by AkanA1(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2011
While I was in Enugu btw 2003 and 2010, I used Peace Mass Transit steady despite hearing ppl constantly complain about Peace Drivers. I believe its only God that has been protecting us. FRSC should have a system for  screening drivers of all these Transport companies. Coz despite the fact that our roads r bad, drivers still ply these roads daily observing necessary safety rules and taking precautions. We must not wait till our peeps die in massive numbers b4 we realize something has 2 b done.

FRSC and FG but our roads in order and ensure drivers observe safety instructions,
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by ikennahill: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2011
peace mass transist is the most reckless driving outfit in nigeria.their drivers overtake like say 2moro no dey.once you enter peace mass transist you will never be at home till u reach home.What is road safety doing. they should screen their drivers regularly and ban them if they refuse to change.they can be banned for months if not years.nigerians also encorage drivers to run fast and complain when driver is not so fast forgetting that you can only get where you are going if you are alive.we ned to do something about how we drive in this country.the rmay the soul of the departed rest in peace.Road is bad but that is not enough excuse.our drivers and most passengers are inpatient.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by bish2(m): 11:06am On Jun 21, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
U CAN NEVER FIND ME IN A PMT BUS AS I SEE THEIR DRIVERS AS HEARSE DRIVERS.

MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PEACE AND NOT IN PEACE MASS TRANSIT
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by campella(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2011
ikennahill:

peace mass transist is the most reckless driving outfit in nigeria.their drivers overtake like say 2moro no dey.once you enter peace mass transist you will never be at home till u reach home.What is road safety doing. they should screen their drivers regularly and ban them if they refuse to change.they can be banned for months if not years.nigerians also encorage drivers to run fast and complain when driver is not so fast forgetting that you can only get where you are going if you are alive.we ned to do something about how we drive in this country.the rmay the soul of the departed rest in peace.Road is bad but that is not enough excuse.our drivers and most passengers are inpatient.

My brother, I thought I was the only one who has noticed that.
I am so lucky I have no more bussiness doing at Nsukka.

May the souls that this reckless driver put to untimely grave rest in perfect peace.

After years of toiling, you only have the corps to show?
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by sirjec(m): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2011
Overspeeding is the only reason. We are too much in a hurry in this country. outside this country you hear "Enjoy your drive" when someone embarks on journey because the journey will certainly be safe but in Nigeria, it is "safe journey" because the journey is always unsafe.

In London, Aberdeen, etc their buses don't exceed 80km/h despite their good road but in Nigeria with our bad road, we exceeed 120km/h so easily.

Unless we re orientate ourselves, we are just wasting our time. Accidents will continue to occur
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
It is just God that saves. My sister called me b4 i read the news that she went to Nsukka with Peace mass bus yesterday and that what she saw on the road was mass death. Infact she was to complete that illfated Peace mass bus but she decided to wait for the next empty bus when the loading agent asked her for outrageous luggage fees as the last passenger. I thank God in so many ways. I should have lost a fresh medical doctor.

I knew how much I suffered in school and as a corper. The worst death that could ever happen is that of a Corp member. Young people go through hell in the university as well as in their service year. Not to talk of parents that deny themselves most of life's necessities to fend for a child only at the end, for the child to pass away at the point they should have started enjoying the child.

Federal Government should please apply the same compensation to families of the deceased Corp members as was the case with the corp members killed in the north. May the departed souls rest in Perfect Peace. Amen
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by Rudewaterz(m): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
A dear friend of mine lost his dad in this accident. The whole thing has left me devastated. . .almost disillusioned. May his soul (and souls of all the others) rest in peace.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by Talkwisdom(m): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
PMT buses shuld be seized so dat their drivers wil learn their lesson
anyway, RIP 2 d lost souls
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by pepperoni(f): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
@topic
What a pity. Peace Mass Transit drivers are very rough, for those of you dat patronize dat transport company, u'll understand wat ime saying!
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by nwaafo1: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2011
so so so so sad, may their souls rest in peace. and may Go grant their families the fortitude to bear the lost
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by namdo(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
the recklessness shows everywhere you go around the country. we do not enforce laws and rules. if there are speed limits on roads who enforces them. we keep digging our own graves. GOD SAVE NAIJA.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by dustydee: 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2011
Sad. May their souls rest in peace. sad I hope people won't start shouting that the scheme should be scrapped again.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by aquita(m): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2011
May their souls rest in the bossom of the Lord.
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by emmke(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2011
really really sad. So tragic. The corps members, i feel for their families. What's happenin wit corps members this year? My service year still remains the best 1yr of my life, 08B. I really wish every potential corps member a hitch free service yr. cry
Re: Four Corps Members, 24 Others Die In Enugu Auto Crash by otunbadan(m): 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2011
i live in Nsukka, and i knw dat bad road was not d cause of this accident, PEACE MASS DRIVERS are very reckless, dis is not d first,2nd,3rd, not even d 40th, dese drivers re always in a rush 2 make more money, dey act live as if they re invisible n untouchable, this one is not a govt or road tin, it is d drivers' attitude tin dat made so many pple die in dis case

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dreaded Militants Join IPOB, Orders FG To Release Nnamdi Kanu - Zubby Blog / Rivers Rerun Election ; See Crowd Campaigning For APC. PICTURES. / Just In: Senator Akpabio Responds To Defection Rumor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.