Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings (23606 Views)

Gunmen Kill One, Kidnap Seven On Lagos-ibadan Highway / Calabar: Residents panic Over organ Disappearance. Men Now Walk With bitterkola / Oyo Police Parade Kidnappers Terrorizing Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Recover N7.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Jakumo(m): 11:01am On Jan 22, 2022
EastisBae:

Over 90% of those traveling between Lagos and Ibadan are yorubas.

If these people are economic migrants running away in order to survive, they would have become Mai ruwa, Mai guard, okada riders, shoe menders, foodstuff sellers just like some of their brothers but no, they chose a multi billion naira industry called kidnapping while also pushing their agenda alongside.

It would be interesting to learn about the source of your speculation that "90%" of road travelers along the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway belong to one specific tribe. In reality, with the exception of a tiny minority comprising a generous 0.0001% of the Nigerian populace that has never set foot in Lagos, Nigeria, it is safe to presume that ALL residents of Nigeria have traveled that highway REPEATEDLY in the normal course of their lives, and as such face comparable risk of violent kidnap for ransom or much worse, along that highway.

Secondly, your utopian expectation that ALL those fleeing desertification in the north of Africa would feel ethically compelled to engage in lawful menial labor to make money as they migrate southward, neglects the fact that by statistical probability, every tribal and national group includes a variable percentage of criminals who take to pillage and plunder like fish to water, regardless of where they find themselves
geographically.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by hotwax: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2022
Jakumo:
To all who crow with delight because in their little minds only people from "other" tribes than their own are potential victims of terrorist kidnappers along the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway, note that people of ALL tribes and ALL nationalities travel that vital road link between Nigeria's war-torn north and her increasingly restive south.

Politics and tribal bigotry aside, the root cause of increasing terror activities in West Africa is DESERTIFICATION that is gradually forcing previously peaceful tribes of nomadic cattle rearers to become bloodthirsty kidnappers and crop-destroying invaders swarming southern Nigeria's agricultural heartland. This perilous situation is not going to get better, just as climate change is not going to reverse its calamitous course.

To the tribal rabble-rousers who remain fixated on differences that separate Nigeria's southern cultures and demographic classifications, just be aware that the festering violence being witnessed is much greater in scope and consequence than anything currently preoccupying small minds.

So in west Africa, only Nigeria has to pay for your stupid Desertification?

You are just a typical fulani man without brain..looking for excuse and justification for killings
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by redsun(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2022
Typicalguy:
Where are we headed? undecided

Extinction. People perish for lack of knowledge and that is what's happening there. The bible is the actual story of people on earth, and not for anticipated and delusional heaven and hell.

This is your heaven, and this is your hell. And obviously, the country is more of a hellfire at the moment.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Jakumo(m): 11:51am On Jan 22, 2022
hotwax:

So in west Africa, only Nigeria has to pay for Desertification?

You are looking for excuse and justification for killings

Actually, desertification is incrementally degrading the quality of life across the entire West African seaboard from the Gambia through Ghana, Togo, and The Benin Republic, to Nigeria and even the Cameroons. Furthermore, desertification caused by global warming cannot be characterized as an "excuse" for any resultant human migration, since the absence of water is a verifiable reason that propels the exodus of entire populations southward in the case of Africa over time.

Thank you for the polite and informative contribution you have made to this discussion topic, and do have yourself a fabulous day sir.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Cokahot: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2022
Train na the only way. 600,1k,2k,highest 4k vip. Train na the future
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Jakumo(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Cokahot:
Train na the only way. 600,1k,2k,highest 4k vip. Train na the future

A train was fired upon by roving bandits along the newly installed Chinese-funded railroad tracks plying the deserts of northern Nigeria some months ago, during which the driver's cabin windows were left copiously riddled with bullet holes after the incident. Luckily for that train's occupants, no attempt was made to derail the carriages during that particular attack.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Cokahot: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Na to avoid North,ply South and west. Lag to ogun state,lag to ibadan,pH. North na out of way
Jakumo:

A train was fired upon by roving bandits along the newly installed Chinese-funded railroad tracks plying the deserts of northern Nigeria some months ago, during which the driver's cabin windows were left copiously riddled with bullet holes after the incident. Luckily for that train's occupants, no attempt was made to derail the carriages during that particular attack.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Jakumo(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Cokahot:
Na to avoid North,ply South and west. Lag to ogun state,lag to ibadan,pH. North na out of way

I agree with you. Even if I was promised 72 virgins every day without having to die first as a gate-fee, I will NEVER consider visiting Northern Nigeria for the entire balance of my years walking this glorious green planet.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by DeepSight(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
Jakumo:

. . . walking this glorious green planet.

The Earth is a torture dungeon and Earth-life is a horrific game probably instigated by a group of perverse cosmic sadists.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Jakumo(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
DeepSight:

The Earth is a torture dungeon and Earth-life is a horrific game probably instigated by a group of perverse cosmic sadists.

The Panel of Experts' White Paper unambiguously recommends that Oga Deep Sight must endeavor to vaporize some high-quality Ogbomosho Jungle Bush as a matter of paramount urgency.

With that done, Planet Earth will revert back to inscribing the pre-ordained trajectory of its elliptical orbit amid the infinite cosmos, at which point the vigorous ministrations of a 20-year old nubile damsel with supple yet firm and jiggly breasts is hereby prescribed to complete the therapeutic regime.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by DeepSight(m): 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2022
Jakumo:

The Panel of Experts' White Paper unambiguously recommends that Oga Deep Sight must endeavor to vaporize some high-quality Ogbomosho Jungle Bush as a matter of paramount urgency.

With that done, Planet Earth will revert back to inscribing the pre-ordained trajectory of its elliptical orbit amid the infinite cosmos, at which point the vigorous ministrations of a 20-year old nubile damsel with supple yet firm and jiggly breasts is hereby prescribed to complete the treatment regime.

grin grin grin

Reading from you is always a sublime delight!
That said, re: the bold - sadly I swing in the opposite direction from you - activities with girls of that age are infamita to me. I tend to prefer women 40 and above, and properly equipped with both height and weight in ample proportions (and an electrifying haughtiness to boot). An abomination, of course, to thy most scholarly and detached eminence, sire.

Having said that, I hereby knight you Sir 'Kumo of That.
Arise, Sadat!

1 Like

Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Jakumo(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
DeepSight:

grin grin grin

Reading from you is always a sublime delight!
That said, re: the bold - sadly I swing in the opposite direction from you - activities with girls of that age are infamita to me. I tend to prefer women 40 and above, and properly equipped with both height and weight in ample proportions. An abomination, of course, to thy most scholarly and detached eminence, sire.

Having said that, I hereby knight you Sir 'Kumo of That.
Arise, Sadat!

This inexplicable and unjustifiable embargo of young busty damsels by Oga DeepSight is a matter of great concern that calls for prolonged sober reflection but be that as it may I duly hail and implicitly respect all honest endavors that facilitate and further the dedicated acquisition of carnal knowledge by Man Pikin, all things considered.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by ufotunang: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
All of this is as a result of the bad economy .. poverty, hunger , unemployment... make the economy to be good and better and all this criminal activities will reduce drastically
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Sambalove: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
rowosky:

Do you buy $10 Amazon GC or $5 Amazon GC

Yea
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by holluwizzy: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
Smile.

If you bring in a good candidate like osibanjo to apc, then u stand chances.

Else tinunbu is a lost cause.

blowjohn:

When u reason like this, one will think u have ever voted a good candidate before.
Why the hate? If I ask u to name 2 candidates of ur choice u will name people that are worse.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by Hiq0: 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
Really bad
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by blowjohn(m): 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
holluwizzy:
Smile.

If you bring in a good candidate like osibanjo to apc, then u stand chances.

Else tinunbu is a lost cause.

Tinubu is a better progressive than osinbanjo.
More fearless too.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by xperiencelove(m): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
Well, I mostly travels with Camry 04 Sport 1MZ engine and Camry 012 for few times

kay29000:

What kind of car do you drive?

1 Like

Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by rowosky(m): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
Sambalove:

Yea
I don't trust you undecided
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by calcal: 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
Gten:
Don't worry, Tinubu has promised to continue with the good work of Buhari.
Hopefully, this is not one of those good works.

and pay for WAEC for your children since you will are going to have the money to pay
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by seyz91(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
cheesy
holluwizzy:
May God guide the innocent travellers.

When tinunbu take over, na from our house and schools agbero go dey kidnap parents and children.

Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by omotu(m): 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Turn out for train is low so expect worse until una begin patronize Lagos ibadan train. No ask me aw I know oo but naso Dem do 4 kaduna
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by holluwizzy: 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dajupa

Wuwaa ikaa

blowjohn:

Tinubu is a better progressive than osinbanjo.
More fearless too.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by virginchaser(m): 7:32am On Jan 23, 2022
Nothing is difficult in this, if everyone in the affairs of government are sincere and committed to what they were elected / employed / appointed to do.
Re: Travellers Panic Over Lagos-Ibadan Highway Kidnappings by kay29000(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
xperiencelove:
Well, I mostly travels with Camry 04 Sport 1MZ engine and Camry 012 for few times

Okay. Cool. Thanks for the response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father Rapes 10-year-old Daughter To Death In Delta Community / Rail Track Vandalism: Police Arrest Syndicate In Benue / Nigerian Woman Caught Smuggling Cocaine In Her Wig(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.