Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash (50073 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tunisia: Head-to-head Of 2021 Afcon's Round Of 16 Opponents / Gernot Rohr Replaces Ndidi With Esiti For Nigeria’s Clash Against Ukraine / Messi, Ighalo To Miss Argentina, Nigeria Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Raph82(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
paulolee:
just too bad....I keep saying dt, na dis covid go spoil dis AFCON for us..
tomorrow I go put special offering for envelope say make the spirit of covid depart from naija camp till e end..
imagine a naija vs cameroon final without simeone iheanacho, awoniyi, ekong, aribo n ndidi....omo caf go reschedule dt finally till dm recover o..
grin
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by baralatie(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
VitoCorleone:
Such a bad start for them. What happens in the unlikely case that all players test positive?
All players ke?
That is match forfeitures
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by wiseone28: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
BlackSpanner:

Yes. Ghana
I didn't say i don't know
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by WoundedLamb: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2022
WibusJaga:

Make dem no use dis nonsense Covid-19 tests spoil this AFCON na. angry

Covid-19, the only disease in the Whole Wide World you can contract and later recover without knowing it.
Even you that is reading this now may have Covid or may have recovered without knowing it. Very nonsense disease. cheesy

Not really. In fact, many viruses that affect the respiratory system behave exactly like that. For example, stats have it that one in three influenza-infected individuals is asymptomatic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by DeepSight(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
VitoCorleone:
Such a bad start for them. What happens in the unlikely case that all players test positive?

Or enough of a team such that 11 players cannot be mustered to start.
Will they be walked over.
And if they are, will that be fair.

That shows that there is something wrong with the entire set up.
What if this happens for example before the final.

Its messed up.
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Nwaajasa: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
VitoCorleone:
they will lose the match by 2 -0
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by DeepSight(m): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Not really. In fact, many viruses that affect the respiratory system behave exactly like that. For example, stats have it that one in three influenza-infected individuals is asymptomatic.

I think what he is suggesting is that Covid is not serious enough to warrant disqualifying players.
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Richy4(m): 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
I hope they did not bring this news so that our players will relax...
Hope it wasn't a trap cheesy
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Nwaajasa: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
wiseone28:
I didn't say i don't know
in other news Ghana vs Nigeria in CAF world cup play off
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by AreaFada2: 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2022
Babaken:
Lol, nothing do them their are just scared

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Weyrey
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by AsawanaDgreat: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
We don win Dem be that
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by 9jaseefinish: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
Otuegbe:
Make them no effect our boys. We still have semi and finals to play.

Not good news at all .
Because the ones not positive yet can still be potential carriers

You’re the only smart person here, it’s not a good news because our boys are not safe cuz their prayers can be potential carriers

Please let them no shake our boys.......CAF has to do something about the match because the number of players affected is way too much to risk our team for a match with them

I am sure that there must be potential carriers among them

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Miller232: 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
paulolee:
just too bad....I keep saying dt, na dis covid go spoil dis AFCON for us..
tomorrow I go put special offering for envelope say make the spirit of covid depart from naija camp till e end..
imagine a naija vs cameroon final without simeone iheanacho, awoniyi, ekong, aribo n ndidi....omo caf go reschedule dt finally till dm recover o..

I swear we go carry protest go Cameroon ooh grin grin grin grin
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Okhuadams(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nigeria village pple at work
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by peterdrock001(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
I pray they get well soon but SE shouldn't because of this underrate them

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by WoundedLamb: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
DeepSight:

I think what he is suggesting is that Covid is not serious enough to warrant disqualifying players.

Yeah, I got that part. I just wanted point out a few facts for the sake of those reading. Besides, I think the fact that Covid-19 behaves differently in different people is the main reason why infected individuals should be isolated.
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Nwaajasa: 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
CAF should also do retest those that tested negative so that our players will not be affected by COVID-19
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by checkoutEnugu: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
fergie0o1:

SOURCE
One by one, them don dey run. They dont want their people back home NOT to expect much from them just in case. If they loose, no back lash. If they win, they are heroes. Anyhow it goes, it is a win win situation for them if this news is true
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by DeepSight(m): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Yeah, I got that part. I just wanted point out a few facts for the sake of those reading. Besides, I think the fact that Covid-19 behaves differently in different people is the main reason why infected individuals should be isolated.

To be honest, as things go along and as time passes, I am not so sure about the absolute necessity of the isolation thing (as opposed to simple social distancing measures). Anyhow, I am not competent to speak on the matter. The thing is, what happens if a team cant muster 11 players due to Covid. CAF says they will be walked over. Now lets just imagine an extreme scenario whereby a team walks over all its opponents from Round of 16 to the Final due to covid and wins the trophy thereby. Would that not be absurd. Even if its unlikely, rules should be made with all scenarios in mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by President2001(m): 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2022
Fake News
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Clevite(m): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2022
Might be a trick to distract Super Eagles' camp and unsettle our game plan. Moreso that the announcement came from their Assistant Coach, not from CAF officials.

I advise Super Eagles should not mind this report but rather stick to their game plan.
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by jrusky(m): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2022
I suspect they are trying to play their useful North Africa mind game cheat to win antic.
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by system21: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
God have done it for Nigeria
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Polynek(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
No matter what,
Nigeria is NOT going to win AFCON
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by sript: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
Mind games cheesy
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by ReneDaniels: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
But how did those players contract COVID when Cameroon has a hot weather. How come, abi na fear
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by kennyaati(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
Hmmnn... Hope this is not one of those Tunisians anthics to make SE feel too relax, Tunisians are very deceptive o
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by zomoears(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
VitoCorleone:

CAF tournament rules say in the unlikely even that a team can’t field 11 players they will be walked over and game awarded 3-0 in favor of team that shows up.

Nasty!
Re: AFCON: Tunisia Head Coach, 12 Players Contract COVID-19, To Miss Nigeria Clash by Abdul4trust1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
VitoCorleone:
Nigeria win automatically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel Obi & Girlfriend Kiss In New Photo With Their Twins / Super Eagles Shocked By Fans At Their Hotel After Their Hotel Address Was Leaked / Emmanuel Adebayor Shows His Gbe Body Moves At The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.