Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,889 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra (4702 Views)

Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency / Okorocha: Igbos Will Get Nothing In Buhari’s Second Term For Not Voting For PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by LILTJAY: 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Philistine:

Stop disgracing Yorubas on this forum na! Haba! It is getting too much. How can you call moses simon a Yoruba, simply because he bears Ajala as a middlename. Most of you nairaland Yorubas are just plainly stupid and dumb.
osu you can go and join ikonso in the grave if my comment pain you grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by IGBOSON1: 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

How is this totally different from what I stated earlier?

I said Nigeria is in a bad shape because of the system of government we operate which encourages lazy government officials.

Even if Mandela somehow returns from the dead to govern Nigeria, I honestly don't think he will change much with the system of government we operate.

I think you people are too emotional.

In which case, you were agreeing with the OP then, so why make it a us-vs-Igbo thing! It seems to me you're the emotional one for taking offence that he used the position of Igbos in the super eagles to make his point! He used Igbos and the super eagles as an example because presently, of the three main ethnicities, the Igbo have ended up with the short end of the stick....been marginalised and treated so badly by the present Buhari regime, while his Fulani ethnic grp have been disproportionately favoured the most of the three! Any example could be used by anyone to show that merit benefits the country more than the bigotry, nepotism and anti-Igbo agenda enthroned by this Buhari admin! One of your brothers chose to use tech and IT, which would still be valid!
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by maestroferddi: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
flokii:

Haven't you turned the women football team to biafran team? what's left when you remove the likes of Asisat Oshoala? no be lose una women lose come house?
Yeye!
Over-hyped Asisat Oshoala, is it not during her time that the Falcons are consistently failing to qualify for international tournaments?

That was unimaginable before now....
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Iamgrey5(m): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
IGBOSON1:

In which case, you were agreeing with the OP then, so why make it a us-vs-Igbo thing! It seems to me you're the emotional one for taking offence that he used the position of Igbos in the super eagles to make his point! He used Igbos and the super eagles as an example because presently, of the three main ethnicities, the Igbo have ended up with the short end of the stick....been marginalised and treated so badly by the present Buhari regime, while his Fulani ethnic grp have been disproportionately favoured the most of the three! Any example could be used by anyone to show that merit benefits the country more than the bigotry, nepotism and anti-Igbo agenda enthroned by this Buhari admin! One of your brothers chose to use tech and IT, which would still be valid!
You are confused

So how will electing an igbo man in particular solve the problem of Nigeria when it's the system that is bad?

And I don't know how igbo people are getting shortchanged in Nigeria when Igbos have headed multiple aspects of the Nigerian government and society at large with the exception of presidential powers.

Infact, igbo men were lucky enough to become the military head of state and vice president before Yorubas were lucky enough to get to the same positions.

Like I said earlier, You guys are too emotional and don't even see when you are hardly making any sense..

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by pquaver(m): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
foryourmindnow:

Will Nigeria vote Obama? Yes or no?

No need for long story. We have people that are more or less better than Obama here.

The difference between Nigeria and USA is that they elected Obama, elected Trump, didn't like him, impeached and voted him out.

In Nigeria, Bullhari comfortably won two terms despite spending 200 days in hospital in London. Hahaha cheesy cheesy

Because most Nigerians are programmed to choose Buhari and Tinubu over people like Obama, Igbos like me are not comfortable.

Let Nigeria be on their own, electing Buhari and Tinubu. Let Igbos be on their own electing Kingsley Moghalu, Peter Obi or even Sullivan Chime.

But Igbos voted the incompetent Jonathan and wanted him to continue.. Our people have a very big problem. Because is not a product of political choice u amplify his fails failing to understand that ur most supported candidate also failed woefully. That u fail to acknowledge makes other Nigerians see you as hypocrites. And no matter her u bring solution no 1 listens to u because.. Intent is everything.. Know this and know peace..
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Iamgrey5(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
maestroferddi:
Over-hyped Asisat Oshoala, is it not during her time that the Falcons are consistently failing to qualify for international tournaments?

Yes, because she would play the 11 positions on the field?

Even the great Messi struggled to win any major thropy for his country until the recent Copa America victory..
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by mancoconut: 2:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
LILTJAY:
moses ajala simon is Yoruba. .
You can take your wailing to the grave of the esn youths killed yesterday if you dont like it grin

Why am I even wasting my time on a brainless nonentity like you, you're Yaribaa afterall, stupidity and ignorance is proudly embedded on your DNA already.
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by IGBOSON1: 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
louqas:

Merit ko.....demerit ni....please tell me how many ministers got there on merit during pdp era....shey you dey whine me ni....nothing like Merit....not even NOI got there on any merit

Ibo peoples obssession with so called nerit is another name for Domination. They have now moved to sports, anywhere ibos are at the helm of affairs they make sure they populate the place with their kinsmen...and pretend nothing is wrong. Then the moment a yorubaman or a hausa man do the same thing they starts screaming marginalization, islamization and religious persecution.....such hypocrites
The greed among ibos is too much.....they want to control everything from politics business, trade, education, agriculture, millitary, entertainment and now sports....in a multi ethnic and multi religious society like Nigeria?....ko le werk

You're yarning complete and unadultrated bullshit!

The Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and GEJ admins were in no way perfect, but they were miles ahead of this totally inept, bigoted, anti-Igbo, jihadist, sharia-loving and totally clueless Buhari gov't! Don't take my word for it you blithering im'becile, just look at the numbers. Compare the economic and HDI indices under this your Buhari gov't with say the one that preceded it...the GEJ years, and judge for yourself who was on the right track and who is retrogressing Nigeria...not just economically, but socially and security-wise as well!

Just how TF can you can you sit there and lie through your rotten, decaying teeth given the benefit of hindsight!? Is the minister of sports Igbo....is the head of NFA Igbo....is Augustine Eguavon Igbo? If you answer in the negative, then you have no point!

You accuse Igbos of 'wanting to control everything' abi? Now care to mention the times you have in mind when this happened in the past....esp' like we're seeing under this vile Buhari gov't?

I don't know how anyone with a conscience can justify the evil going on in Nigeria today and make it a Igbo-against-the-rest-of-us thing! Igbos have been kicked to the kerb in this present admin'.....look where Nigeria is today, yet you still have mouth to talk!
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by LILTJAY: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
mancoconut:

Why am I even wasting my time on a brainless nonentity like you, you're Yaribaa afterall, stupidity and ignorance is proudly embedded on your DNA already.
while foolishness and criminality was used in creating your accursed satanic race
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by LILTJAY: 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
maestroferddi:

asiasat oshoala is greater than every igbo sport person on earth

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by louqas: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
IGBOSON1:

You're yarning complete and unadultrated bullshit!

The Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and GEJ admins were in no way perfect, but they were miles ahead of this totally inept, bigoted, anti-Igbo, jihadist, sharia-loving and totally clueless Buhari gov't! Don't take my word for it you blithering im'becile, just look at the numbers. Compare the economic and HDI indices under this your Buhari gov't with say the one that preceded it...the GEJ years, and judge for yourself who was on the right track and who is retrogressing Nigeria...not just economically, but socially and security-wise as well!

Just how TF can you can you sit there and lie through your rotten, decaying teeth given the benefit of hindsight!? Is the minister of sports Igbo....is the head of NFA Igbo....is Augustine Eguavon Igbo? If you answer in the negative, then you have no point!

You accuse Igbos of 'wanting to control everything' abi? Now care to mention the times you have in mind when this happened in the past....esp' like we're seeing under this vile Buhari gov't?

I don't know how anyone with a conscience can justify the evil going on in Nigeria today and make it a Igbo-against-the-rest-of-us thing! Igbos have been kicked to the kerb in this present admin'.....look where Nigeria is today, yet you still have mouth to talk!

Who doesnt know all your cry of marginalization under buhari is a cry of a sore lose....you have more than enough share of appointments in this government....not considering your inconsequential 5% votes ibos were still considered for juicy positions....you ungrateful lots.
No ibo state has a hausa man as its minister....or a yorubaman as its governor....yet iboland is worse than the places they deride....if ibo this if ibo that...is it not the same ibos we see unable to develop their states?....which magic will they use to develop Nigeria.....oh onitsha is now Dubai....while Aba is Paris because ibo governors chosen on merit govern there.....keep deceiving yourself.
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Friend22(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
mrvitalis:

Nigeria agreed on zoning ..which is rotating president along the six geopolitical zone ...what's wrong with asking for that to be maintained ?

PDP asked for zoning.
And from all indications APC is an anti-Igbo party which you can all testify to.
So,why would you guys be complaining about not getting a chance when you will overwhelming vote for PDP?
Is that fair.

Politics is a game of numbers and outreach,but this is totally absent from the east except in Ebonyi and Imo the rest are not willing to swallow the humble pie.

Even Nnamdi Cowno is a PDP guy.
The video and records are available.

Who una wan decieved!
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by cazchi: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
walefresh3:

Bros naa 4 ibos dey first eleven..
Okoye
Ndidi
Henacho
Chukwuemeze

YORUBA
Moses Ajala Simon
Joseph Ayodele Aribo
Aina ajayi
Awoniyi temitope

South south
Omeruo
Ekot

North
Sanusi
Ibo can lie ooo

Even awoniyi his from kogi state.. while ndidi is from Delta State ...

Ndidi.. please translate that name for me.
Also, Moses don turn Yoruba? grin
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
walefresh3:

Moses Simon is a Yoruba man.. he can claim benue.. even Mikel obi claimed Jos... Ighalo went to install borehole in ajegunle and give widows money... He did that cus he was born and grewup there...

I have a Yoruba friend that's claiming Lagos today because his fore fathers grew up in mushin bit they are from abeokuta...
How is Moses Simon a Yoruba man?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
mrvitalis:
What Igbos want is merit 100% and equity simple

But we know we can never get that ...that's why Biafra agitation would never die
Of course, "merit" to you Eboes is when your people dominate a particular sector but "marginalization" is when your people can't dominate another sector. Bunch of hypocritical clowns!
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
I remember when Eboe man Amuneke packed Nigeria's u-17 team with Eboe boys, and this is what the Eboes call "merit". But if someone from another ethnic group does the same these hypocrites will be wailing endlessly like toy-deprived spoilt brats about "marginalization." What a people. And this one says Eboes are "superior" in football, I wonder why none of your Eboe players have won the African footballer of the year for 22 years now and counting?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
foryourmindnow:

Good.

The presidents of Nigeria since we returned to democracy 20 years ago to 2023.

Yoruba: 8 years
Fulani: 9 years
South south: 5 years.

The people managing the security framework of Nigeria currently.

Police: Fulani
Army: Fulani

Why have Fulani who are less than 10m in population running Nigeria like it's their property? Because of Igbo hatred. Remove GEJ because he gave Igbos some recognition, put Dullard of Sudan even if he authorized Fulani herdsmen to be killing every living thing in Nigeria.

Okay what about Hausas, don't they also deserve to rule Nigeria?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2022
Iamgrey5:
There are hundreds of tribes in Nigeria.

Many of them have not even headed the Nigerian senate talkless of going for presidency.

So what merit are you talking about?

Majority always carry the vote in any democratic election

Igbos should try and convince the majority to vote their candidate rather than focus on tearing the candidates of others down.
What the Eboes understand as "merit" is when their people dominate a particular sector bro. What they call "marginalization" is when their people can't dominate a sector. That was why that low IQ clown Zubby Michael once caller the AMVCA Awards a "Yoruba award" because majority of the people who won that year were Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
foryourmindnow:

Hahaha. Just say Nigeria's politics is about ethnic and religious bigotry.

Obama won two terms of US presidency but blacks in America are just 12% of the population.

We're still saying the same thing. If Nigeria will be electing core officials by who rigs election the most (many people who voted Buhari are Fulani from Niger and Mali) and not competency, then Igbos don't want to be part of such country.
Are you saying "competency" is when an Igbo person is voted for?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
rosebowl01:

Good point. Also note: Moses Simon is Yoruba that grew up in the North.
Moses Simon is Yoruba? How? I learnt he's an Agatu boy so how is he Yoruba?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
tandy2013:

Just check the entire team. Even if 5 igbos are in first eleven, let the same apply in all sectors in Nigeria .
All we Igbos want is meritocracy.
Are you saying "meritocracy" is when you Igbos dominate a sector?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
tandy2013:
Nigeria is not doing well because Igbos which are the light of the country are suppressed and marginalised. Even the so called federal character is not being implemented by Buhari govt ....every thing northernised.
Yeah, because your utterly incompetent governors in the South East are Eskimos.
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Iamgrey5:
Football is not all sector

It's like saying because there are more successful Yoruba musicians than other tribes in Nigeria, then every other aspects of the Nigerian life must have a greater representation of Yorubas.

It doesn't work that way not even in the most advanced of societies

There are more Blacks in the English football team and English sport life than they are represened in every aspect of the English life.

You need to learn to separate different facets of life.
There are more Blacks in the English football team? Since when?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2022
Antivirus92:
moses simon is now a yoruba,,,,i remember how your people use to claim that yorubas don't answer such name,,,
let a crime be reported now with moses simon as the perpetrators name and see yorubas deny bearing such name.
I'm Yoruba, and I know that Moses Simon is an Agatu boy from Benue. He's not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
Golan007:

Yes, but as soon as they don't merit it, you would start crying.
Lol, that's when they remember "marginalization".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Iamgrey5(m): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
Newton85:
There are more Blacks in the English football team? Since when?
There are more Blacks in English Football team than they are represened in other aspects of British life

That is exactly what I said

In the first 11 positions, one will always find 4 to 7 black players playing in the English football team but they don't get such proportional representation in other aspects of life.
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kc3000:

I believe Moses Simon is Idoma.
Moses Simon is an Agatu boy. Are the Agatus also Idoma?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
LILTJAY:
moses simon is not idoma
But he's not Yoruba. He's an Agatu boy from Benue State.
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
LILTJAY:
moses simon full name is moses ajala simon..
Even his wife is Yoruba too
Moses Simon's father is Simon Otene Ijegwa, a retired soldier from Agatu Local Government in Benue State. Moses Simon isn't Yoruba. Don't be like those other people who claim everybody as their own.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2022
walefresh3:

Bros naa 4 ibos dey first eleven..
Okoye
Ndidi
Henacho
Chukwuemeze

YORUBA
Moses Ajala Simon
Joseph Ayodele Aribo
Aina ajayi
Awoniyi temitope

South south
Omeruo
Ekot

North
Sanusi
Ibo can lie ooo

Even awoniyi his from kogi state.. while ndidi is from Delta State ...

Isn't Kenneth Omeruo from Abia State. And once again, Moses Simon isn't Yoruba.
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Quit being a smartass! You know what exactly the OP meant, yet you're now trying to make it look like a Igbo vs evryone else thing! If you, a Yoruba man, can't admit that lack of consideration for merit in leadership recruitment in this Buhari regime is a big problem for this country, then you are part of the problem!

The performance of Igbo governors, at best, can't be said to be any better or any worse than that of governors in ALL other states/regions in the country as well as governance at the centre, and your zeroing in on Igbo governors is just you trying to be diversionary and avoid the central issue at hand! The lacklustre performance of state governors and governance at the centre (Abuja)....together with lack of consideration for merit, are all sympthoms of the broken and warped structure, political-economy and constitution the country has operated under different guises from 1966 to date!
So, if we were to choose Nigerian leaders on merit, how and where should we choose them?
Re: If Nigeria Is Run Like Super Eagles, Most Igbos Will Never Talk Of Biafra by Newton85: 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
Philistine:

Stop disgracing Yorubas on this forum na! Haba! It is getting too much. How can you call moses simon a Yoruba, simply because he bears Ajala as a middlename. Most of you nairaland Yorubas are just plainly stupid and dumb.
Yeah, Moses Simon isn Yoruba, but claiming him as Yoruba is still far better than your utterly plainly stupid and dumb people who claim TD Jakes, Rihanna as Eboe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plateau Result Really Shock Me (explanations Needed) / APC Chooses VP - Amaechi! - Cramjones / Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.