Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean (382 Views)

Deeper Lifers, Is It Okay For Kumuyi To Associate With Worldly Church Pastors? / Don't Feed Your Self With Worldly Information Or Knowledge. / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Tunechi5(m): 4:10am On Jan 23, 2022
Just like the subject what does it mean, is it that Christians do a background check of everyone they meet everyday?
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Stephen0mozzy: 4:53am On Jan 23, 2022
It means, do not knowingly Bam ba, in the question to chill with the big boys.

Religion/faith is one strata of the human existence, it doesn't seclude us from the social interaction inevitable in a world of billions. Howevee, to fellowship
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by helinues: 4:57am On Jan 23, 2022
That statement doesn't make sense...

If people should not engage with worldly people, na Pluto people are they expected to engage with?
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by chatinent: 4:58am On Jan 23, 2022
People who do what your church is against.

1 Like

Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Jan 23, 2022
Tunechi5:
Just like the subject what does it mean, is it that Christians do a background check of everyone they meet everyday?
How can you not mingle with worldly people? You were sent out to live among the people of the world and even commanded to preach to those in the world, so exactly how do you go about not mingling with worldly people?, undecided

Jesus Christ, the Christ in the word "Christian" didn't tell you not to mingle with worldly people though. He instead said something like "... you are in the world but you are not of the world". The Sam Jesus Christ mingled with sinners, healing and preaching His Gospel to them. Ofcourse Jesus Christ called on us to do as He asks, and not one of His instructions to us is that we isolate ourselves from the worldly people. So where did you get this antiChrist suggestion from? lipsrsealed

The worldly people are responsible for growing much of the food you eat, manufacturing the materials you build your homes with, designing and building the car you drive, and most everything else you use. Even the currency you spend on whatever you spend it on is of the system of this world. It is impossible to live in this world and completely isolate yourself from the world. undecided

So what gives you the idea that you can exists on this year world without mingling with the worldly people? Whoever told you you should do that is ether a hypocrite or an ignorant individual. undecided
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Tokskob2008: 5:58am On Jan 23, 2022
Don't mix with worldly people yet they don't want to die and go to heaven to mix with heavenly people.

Don't mix with worldly people yet they are seen buying and using the latest worldly materials.

Na hypocrisy go kill religious people las las.
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Bola146(f): 6:01am On Jan 23, 2022
A dog can't be friends with a sheep

5 Likes

Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by luwiizy(m): 6:16am On Jan 23, 2022
You need worldy people more than you think....

Which soul would you win over if not for the worldy people.....

Worldly people most of them invented what you use today for your everyday living, these worldy people self......

How come your G.Os lives more lavishly than these so called wordly people but yet are considered holy and right...??

We all know everything is vanity but yet you see top pastors enmasing wealth for worldly purposes....

No difference between them and politician..
You can't just differentiate, they talk and act alike....

Righteous people with backyard wordly life..... grin
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 23, 2022
helinues:

If people should not engage with worldly people, na Pluto people are they expected to engage with?

What it means is that though you're in the world, but you're not part of the world. Which means you don't see things the way worldly people see things as a Christian. For instance, you don't hold onto temporary things (such as this "latest in town" orientation). You don't help a person with the aim of receiving help from the same person etc.
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Dtruthspeaker: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2022
helinues:

Exactly as the world is shouting to everyone fuq. up and down, drink, smoke, tattoo, do whatever you like after all it is your right, don't listen to God and His Bible, the statement therefore means "DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM"!

I know you this, but you are just here to ensure that everyone remains an evil thing.
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2022
Funny how the Bible says stay out of the world but the world will never let anyone stay out.

They pursue you, harrass you and when you still refuse to follow them, then they start insulting you and start attacking the God and the Bible.

Funny how they shout 'it's my right" but when it comes to the rights of others to stay away from them, then they start shouting and scratching like the witches and demons they are!
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Righthussle: 11:07am On Jan 23, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

What it means is that though you're in the world, but you're not part of the world. Which means you don't see things the way worldly people see things as a Christian. For instance, you don't hold onto temporary things (such as this "latest in town" orientation). You don't help a person with the aim of receiving help from the same person etc.

Una funny sha.
I am in the world and I am part of the world, you are in the world but not part of the world, but guess what?

I enjoy sex , you enjoy sex.
I am a product of sex, same with you.
I have clothes, you have clothes.
I have money in the bank , you also have money in the bank.
I use computers, internet and smartphones, you use them too.
I enjoy electricity, you also enjoy electricity.
I use cars , aeroplanes, you also use them.

How else do want to be part of the world ?

Christians don't help a person with the aim of receiving help from the same person, but they do so with the hope of being rewarded by their Jehovah. I am "of the world" as Christians call it yet I help people with expecting any reward from ANYBODY or deity. I help because it feels good to help.
Re: Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean by Queenserah26(f): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
In my opinion, it means - do not knowingly entangle yourself with a person or people who do not share and practice Godly principles like you because evil communication corrupts good manners.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Priest Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs In His Parish In Lagos / There Is No Commandment Greater Than These. / Aim For The Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.