Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title (23198 Views)

Israel Adesanya Beats Robert Whittaker To Retain His Title / The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title / Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Ofadaman(m): 11:36am On Jan 23, 2022
How do I. Sign up to become a fighter, I'm already 90kg, I few punches here and there but I'd still be making money , after two battles And losses I can retire and open up small peppersoup joint for my town

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Jaycobbs(m): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2022
mikezuruki:

Gane for me would win a rematch.

Agreed
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by kelvindj98: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2022
mikezuruki:

Lol
Is this what you know? It was obvious Nganu was worn out after just five rounds. Boxing is 12! The same thing that happened to McGregor would happen to him. McGregor even tried to have lasted up to 10 round

You cant compare the effort and workload of boxing and MMA, there is a reason one goes on for 12 rounds and the other for 5.

2 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by youngestgrad(m): 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ghostrye:
Francis Ngannou
PAUSE!!
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by HBB1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
PaNnamdi:

These guys fight on the influence drugs
Like cocaine and testerone influencing drugs

They can continue a fight even when they are bleeding from the ears and eyes.so am not suprised ngannou could fight with a torn knee.

undecided

Horse-shit!

3 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by HBB1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
kelvindj98:

You cant compare the effort and workload of boxing and MMA, there is a reason one goes on for 12 rounds and the other for 5.

So the people with the higher workload should be fitter...

Abi no be so?

Why can't they then last longer?
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by soojar(m): 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
123readygo:

Say what you know please. That guy will likely knockout AJ.
And he can take Furry or Wilder to 12th round

You obviously don't follow either of the sports well. It would be a miracle if he can last up to 7 rounds, and if he mistakenly did that's when he would start receiving the punishment of his life.
A lightweight McGregor gassed out at 9th round and was brutally punished at 10th and you expect a heavyweight like Ngano to go 12 with seasoned boxers like Fury or AJ?.

Trust me, the guy is just looking for pay day cheque just as Mayweather made McGregor overnight millionaire. But as for the fight itself, any of those top 5 boxers will beat him silly in a boxing bout.

7 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by nelskals(m): 12:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
This UFC is becoming more popular than wbo ooo

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by techWriter3: 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ko king still
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by rollandben(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2022
Congrats my G.
Much love from Nigeria
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Holluwaphlexy(m): 12:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
definitelyME:
I will be 21 years old by June this year and I am currently out of school(dropped out for some personal reasons last year) but I will going back to school in a few months time since i gained admission this year.. I still live with my parents and to be honest, the pressure to leave my parents house especially from my dad's side has been much this past few years(although he wouldn't say it directly). Although my father is a very well to do man, with lots of properties I can't even keep track of, he always emphasise on the need for me to go a hustle for my own money and not depend on his(which I know is for my own good and I am currently working towards that).. After much thought to it, and not to forget I am the first child of five children, and two of my younger siblings who I senior with 3 and 5 years respectively, will also be writing jamb this year too seeking admission, I am currently nursing the idea to abandon the admission I've gotten this year and go look for a job. A job that pays at least 40-50k so I can work through out the year and make savings of at least 30k every Month, then at the end of the year, I use about half of the savings to start a business that can run while I school. Like okada business. I wouldn't be riding the okada. I will use half of the savings to buy the okada for someone to be riding and bringing weekly income of maybe 10k while me I go to school...

Note- I have already gotten potential jobs I would be submitting my c.v for one of them on Monday. And If I eventually get the job, I would be going to work from my uncle's apartment (he is still young too 27, without kids)..

So would you advise me to sacrifice one year for work or just accept my admission and go to school.

Bro if the admission is Into a university of your choice and a course of your choice,I willadvise you g with the admission, schooling doesn't stop you from working, I'm also a student and I go out to work at every given chance,I school at I ibadan and go to Lagos to work at any given opportunity be it holiday or lecture free days......
I have a coursemate who is a guitarist and a very good and connected one who doesn't joke with his work and still finds time to come to class
So nothing stops you from schooling and working.....mind you I'm into plumbing work

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by dettolgel: 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
Seriously I think these people and those who find it entertaining have some sort of mental problem.

How do you find people pummelling themselves entertaining? I just can't deal.
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by YoungAncient1: 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
Congrats Ngannuo your recent visit to Cameroon was not in vain. The thing work grin
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Passionate888: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
PaNnamdi:

They can continue a fight even when they are bleeding from the ears and eyes.so am not suprised ngannou could fight with a torn knee.

They do test on them
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by MrCork: 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
Zimri:
[/b]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/mma/article-10426851/Francis-Ngannou-vs-Ciryl-Gane-UFC-270-2022-Live-Result.html

[b]USE LESS FIGHT...THAT FRANCIS SHOUD GIVVVVUP UFC FOR AFROBEAT...edddiot man. Even my Gran mother willl wpoooooop him. He PACK MUSCLE LIKE GORRRILA & THEN STARTED fightin light fish. I wasted my pay per view moiney..eddiot man!!
angry
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by vibre: 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
mikezuruki:

Gane for me would win a rematch.
Na so, he couldn't beat a francis that has been inactive for almost a year, was injured and fighting with only one good leg, it's a fully fit francis that he will beat abi? If that rematch ever happens, francis will beat him like a baby. I watched him for the first time this morning and i wondered what all the hype is all about. He is not even as good as Stipe Miocic and his inexperience showed at crucial points of the fight. Francis will kill him in that octagon if they decide to do the rematch any time this year. Gane needs to go garner more experience before fighting Francis again.

6 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by vibre: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2022
MrCork:

USE LESS FIGHT...THAT FRANCIS SHOUD GIVVVVUP UFC FOR AFROBEAT...edddiot man. Even my Gran mother willl wpoooooop him. He PACK MUSCLE LIKE GORRRILA & THEN STARTED fightin light fish. I wasted my pay per view moiney..eddiot man!! angry
He was injured and was fighting with only one good leg so he improvised and took the fight to the floor. He couldn't fight on his feet.

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Tywo2018: 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
I hate this game dearly.. shocked
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Bignuell(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
123readygo:

Omo this one na capping, dem go beat am like pikin wey papa tell am make him no go neighbour house go watch cartoon grin grin

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by vibre: 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:
Watched the match this morning.

Gane won the first two rounds, Francis won the second two. Gane got the takedown in the fifth and final round and made a tactical mistake, giving up his advantage to Francis.

Very close fight.

The rematch would be a banger if it ever happens.

Francis biggest advantage in this fight was not his power. It was his corner. I mean, those guys were telling him the exact right things to do, and to his credit, Francis listened.

I like both men but I'm a bigger fan of Cyril than Francis.
That was a very match rusty francis that has been inactive for a very long time and he was injured and fighting with only one good leg yet Gane couldn't beat him. Believe me, the rematch will be a one sided beat down by Francis if it ever happens this year. Gane is not even as good as Stipe and francis nearly killed him in the octagon. Gane needs another two years of gathering fighting experience before he will be ready to face Francis Ngannou.

2 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by MrCork: 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
vibre:

He was injured and was fighting with only one good leg so he improvised and took the fight to the floor. He couldn't fight on his feet.

EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE...bro i loss £2000 becuz of this gay fat tall goat & am in hidin....the guy been callin be to pay up & i had to present am voicemain say: pleasee leave yor messsage. Francsi is a bassstard. i swaaaar sir!!!(no oofeinse)( angry

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by fredoooooo: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
Amazing performance from the champ. The tolerance, the patience and the grappling at the right time to gain points... Dynamic !!!
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by fredoooooo: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:
Watched the match this morning.

Gane won the first two rounds, Francis won the second two. Gane got the takedown in the fifth and final round and made a tactical mistake, giving up his advantage to Francis.

Very close fight.

The rematch would be a banger if it ever happens.

Francis biggest advantage in this fight was not his power. It was his corner. I mean, those guys were telling him the exact right things to do, and to his credit, Francis listened.

I like both men but I'm a bigger fan of Cyril than Francis.
Credit to Francis and his corner , for sticking to the game plan and not lose his head .. I learn patience and listening to instructions from this fight.. even if you're not at your best, you can still achieve in all you do . Kudos to both fighters but max respect to Francis
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Rephidimhomes: 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Zimri:

Yeah Dana white is an extortionist grin grin cheesy

Dana is a big Reaper, eating where he hasn't sown
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by nullbyte: 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
justi4jesu:
I don't like watching such...
Don't be girly

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by meobizy(f): 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
PaNnamdi:

After watching EFC Africa I realized these UFC guys use performance enhancers of sorts. There, fights hardly went past the second round because the body — no matter how trained — eventually succumbs to repeated physical punishment. The UFC tests for performance enhancers throughout the year, however I believe the most obvious ones are taken a few minutes before their bouts. Some of their athletes are obvious druggies and it shows in their physical appearance.
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
nelskals:
This UFC is becoming more popular than wbo ooo

Boxing became boring since i started watching UFC. Isreal Adesanya brought me into the sport.
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by nelskals(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Skyview01:

Boxing became boring since i started watching UFC. Isreal Adesanya brought me into the sport.

The fight na die . Adesanya really made it popular for we naija to love it
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
kelvindj98:

Hence I cited McGregor's case
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by Rayd502(m): 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
123readygo:

I doubt if he can face Fury,his cardio is so poor.He gassed out after the first 2 rounds and was breathing through his mouth.

Fury will finish him early.
Re: Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title by CrownOfClay724: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
Jaycobbs:

Agreed

Man,
Can I dm you, please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'we Don't Want To Fly Again' - Cardiff Players Scared After Sala's Missing Plane / Man Wins 38 Million Naira With Just 800 Naira On Bet Naija. / Super Eagles Have Reached The Semi-Finals In 15 Out Of 18 AFCON Appearances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.