Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? (1624 Views)

Sanwo-olu Takes A Course In Leadership At Harvard As He Sets To Govern Lagos / Bodybags: El- Rufai Made A Lunatic Statement -bode George / Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2022
This little write-up is meant for niaralanders that can reason with there heads.

I've studied the governorship trend in Lagos and I concluded that even a lunatic can govern it and things will still come out as averagely ok, because Lagos is largely powered by private organisations and the federal government leaving room for cover up.

Take for instance from Gen. Maruwa, to Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode to the present governor, there is nothing so special they did or are doing as something to behold or should I say something we've not seen before.

In all, Lagos is still begging for attention in basic infrastructure like road, housing, good environment, portable drinking water, etc. So on what grounds can we now use Lagos as the benchmark for our national development?

Bringing such idea of someone been a governor of Lagos state will automatically mean that such person will perform is neither here or there, let's take a look at Fashola, he is now mute, his service as minister of power has shown that the man have not to offer, this is a man that say's and I quote "Any reasonable government can fix Nigeria power sector in six months" and he was given the job, ran the power ministry for four years and failed woefully,

Secondly Osinbanjo our V.P, never a governor but a product of Lagos government, as V.P he is responsible for our nations economy under this present government, I will leave you guys to score his performance.

In conclusion, so on what premises will someone or group of persons want us to believe that our solution lies in Lagos?

That my take, please no insults.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2022
Thats what i call family and friends cycle..whether you are capable or not,when you are among the cycle,you must rule

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by joe54: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2022
Yes
Lagos itself is a crazy place.
Majority of Lagosians are mentally unstable.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by headSmasher: 10:37am On Jan 23, 2022
What are you insinuating, I noticed bitterness and hatred in your post, you referring to Fashola as non performing as Lagos state governor only means you are mischievous and unstable, even the blind and the deaf can see and hear the performance of Fashola, what made Buhari to give him 3 ministries to handle shows his capabilities.

Also the osibanjo you mention deeply exposed your ineptitude and mischief, Osibanjo without any constitutional power could not effect any change in the country except by buhari's permission, when Osibanjo removed DSS DG and try to out perform buhari when he was the vice President, the cabal was against him, he nearly lose his seat

10 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Sergio104(m): 10:39am On Jan 23, 2022
undecided
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by WATCHOVER(m): 10:42am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
What are you insinuating, I noticed bitterness and hatred in your comments, you are referring to Fashola as non performing only means you are mischievous
Is it a lie?
Fashola no dey perform, only thing speaking for him is his Public silence
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 10:44am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
What are you insinuating, I noticed bitterness and hatred in your comments, you are referring to Fashola as non performing only means you are mischievous

The records are there for you to see, my question is, did he perform as expected or are Nigerians satisfied with his performance as minister of power?
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by headSmasher: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

The records are there for you to see, my question is, did he perform as expected or are Nigerians satisfied with his performance as minister of power?
How will he perform where he didn't have a final say, didn't Osibanjo perform when he was acting president?

6 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
What are you insinuating, I noticed bitterness and hatred in your post, you referring to Fashola as non performing as Lagos state governor only means you are mischievous and unstable, even the blind and the deaf can see and hear the performance of Fashola, what made Buhari to give him 3 ministries to handle shows his capabilities.

Also the osibanjo you mention deeply exposed your ineptitude and mischief, Osibanjo without any constitutional power could not effect any change in the country except by buhari's permission, when Osibanjo removed DSS DG and try to out perform buhari when he was the vice President, the cabal was against him, he nearly lose his seat

Is like you don't understand the points I raised, yes in Lagos they are excellent, but in national level they are not.
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by headSmasher: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2022
WATCHOVER:

Is it a lie?
Fashola no dey perform, only thing speaking for him is his Public silence
So Fashola didn't perform as a governor?
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by DrGoodman: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:

A failure just appointed another failure and overloaded him with posts out of bigotry, and 5he failure failed in all his assignments. No surprises there.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by NGpatriot: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2022
Another ipob terrorist rubbish..

You spend your days and nights ranting like ad people about the rest of Nigeria while your own ipob region rot and decay with the most unproductive citizenry..

And you wonder why you hateful and bitter Igbos are always at bottom of everything in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by headSmasher: 10:48am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

Is like you don't understand the points I raised, yes in Lagos they are excellent, but in national level they are not.
How will they perform under someone who don't want them to perform, the head is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 10:50am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
How will he perform where he didn't have a final say, didn't Osibanjo perform when he was acting president?

My friend, Trader Money, School feeding program etc were his brain child, so what happened to this programs if not a failure.
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2022
NGpatriot:
Another ipob terrorist rubbish..

You spend your days and nights ranting like ad people about the rest of Nigeria while your own ipob region rot and decay with the most unproductive citizenry..

And you wonder why you hateful and bitter Igbos are always at bottom of everything in Nigeria

What nonsense write up is this? Please face your type

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by headSmasher: 10:54am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

My friend, Trader Money, School feeding program etc are his brain child, so what happened to this programs if not a failure.
They were his brainchildren but there is nothing he can do without buhari, ask those that are Npower members, there is difference between when it was operating in Osibanjo office and now that it has it separate ministry, go and ask

3 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
They were his brainchildren but there is nothing he can do without buhari, ask those that are Npower members, there is difference between when it was operating in Osibanjo office and now that it has it separate ministry, go and ask

I like your counter argument, but didn't explain why those programs failed after deploying billions on them
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by CUMIN: 11:01am On Jan 23, 2022
You need to leave Lagos and live somewhere in Ogun state and Anambra state to understand the difference.

Ogun state have highest industry in Nigeria. How could they not use that to transform into what Lagos is now.

Anambra state has the highest number of importer and local manufacturing. How could they not tap into what they have to get the state transform.
As good as America is to you as outsider. Those in it still feels it is bad.

Just take a trip to Sabi Yaba where busses from the east arrives every day. You will see the awe in the eyes of every Ibo new comer seeing big strides they never saw in their villages and entire Aba setup.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by SarkinYarki: 11:02am On Jan 23, 2022
OP what do you mean Lagos is averagely okay ? Lagos is not anywhere near average, it's one of the worst run cities on the planet ,one ranking even says it's the second worst run city on earth.

A city without potable pipe borne water supply

No sewage treatment

No street lights s

80 percent of the city remains unplanned

Completely under policed

70 percent of inner roads are still dirt road

No proper drainage in most places

This is no sample of an averagely run state , it's a concrete jungle

Please let's stop glorifying meagre performance

Pound for pound Lagos is the worst run city in Nigeria

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by FoolaniHellman: 11:03am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:
This little write-up is meant for niaralanders that can reason with there heads.

I've studied the governorship trend in Lagos and I concluded that even a lunatic can govern it and things will still come out as averagely ok, because Lagos is largely powered by private organisations and the federal government leaving room for cover up.

Take for instance from Gen. Maruwa, to Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode to the present governor, there is nothing so special they did or are doing as something to behold or should I say something we've not seen before.

In all, Lagos is still begging for attention in basic infrastructure like road, housing, good environment, portable drinking water, etc. So on what grounds can we now use Lagos as the benchmark for our national development?

Bringing such idea of someone been a governor of Lagos state will automatically mean that such person will perform is neither here or there, let's take a look at Fashola, he is now mute, his service as minister of power has shown that the man have not to offer, this is a man that say's and I quote "Any reasonable government can fix Nigeria power sector in six months" and he was given the job, ran the power ministry for four years and failed woefully,

Secondly Osinbanjo our V.P, never a governor but a product of Lagos government, as V.P he is responsible for our nations economy under this present government, I will leave you guys to score his performance.

In conclusion, so on what premises will someone or group of persons want us to believe that our solution lies in Lagos?

Igbos and obsession with Ragous, oh sorry Lagos grin Nigha go back to Aba and stop all this whining

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by dat9jaguy(m): 11:04am On Jan 23, 2022
Well your points are noted, not that I agree with them though.

A state that created innovative ways of increasing their IGR, to the extent that when FG allocations were seize by Obj, they still survived and even increased their IGR.

A state that that tested the constitution by creating LCDAs (which led to their allocation being seized by FG) thereby kick starting the clamoring for restructuring in the country.

A state with so many 1st in the country, like the brt concept, state traffic management, intra city rail etc cannot be said could be run by just anyone.
Lagos has been somehow getting it right in terms of governors they have been getting.

Since the days of Lateef Jakande, Lagos has always had serious governors who know what brought them to governance.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by NGpatriot: 11:04am On Jan 23, 2022
[s]
Ngorbungor:

What nonsense write up is this? Please face your type
[/s]

Find something better to do with your life instead of peddling hatred, bitterness and life frustration on the internet. Hatred of other people outside your ipob region won't develop your rotten and decayed abia apocalypse disaster.

Is it not even sad and pathetic of you to be obsessing that other people are incompetent when your own ipob region is the poorest, the most backward, a region where your leaders are still at kerosene, wheelbarrow and borehole level..

All the people you abuse and obsess over from Lagos to kaduna, Kano and even Borno, they are busy commissioning projects every day, but your own useless isi ewu leaders can not even deal with their own terrorist brothers killing looting,k beheading and roasting their own people like suya and garri for lunch and diner, your beat and kill your own fathers and mothers because they go out to make a living instead of sitting nat home, you burn your own businesses, towns and villages like barbaric Stone Age people.

Dude, you Igbos are in no position to say anything about other people.

lol @ Igbos calling other people lunatic when in fact you are lunatic and barbaric cannibals roasting and eating your own mothers, fathers, brother, children, uncles and sisters..

Have you Igbos looked in the mirror lately?

Sad you..

3 Likes

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 11:10am On Jan 23, 2022
CUMIN:
You need to leave Lagos and live somewhere in Ogun state and Anambra state to understand the difference.

Ogun state have highest industry in Nigeria. How could they not use that to transform into what Lagos is now.

Anambra state has the highest number of importer and local manufacturing. How could they not tap into what they have to get the state transform.
As good as America is to you as outsider. Those in it still feels it is bad.

Just take a trip to Sabi Yaba where busses from the east arrives every day. You will see the awe in the eyes of every Ibo new comer seeing big strides they never saw in their villages and entire Aba setup.

You just stated my position, that's doesn't mean other states are not trying their best in bringing development to there people but Lagos state government is not doing anything different from other states just that the private organisations and federal government are covering for them.
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 11:16am On Jan 23, 2022
dat9jaguy:
Well your points are noted, not that I agree with them though.

A state that created innovative ways of increasing their IGR, to the extent that when FG allocations were seize by Obj, they still survived and even increased their IGR.

A state that that tested the constitution by creating LCDAs (which led to their allocation being seized by FG) thereby kick starting the clamoring for restructuring in the country.

A state with so many 1st in the country, like the brt concept, state traffic management, intra city rail etc cannot be said could be run by just anyone.
Lagos has been somehow getting it right in terms of governors they have been getting.

Since the days of Lateef Jakande, Lagos has always had serious governors who know what brought them to governance.

All you said are not new, and doesn't mean other state are not doing same, but I still stand on my position, Lagos is not doing anything special, only that private organisations and federal government are covering there inefficiency period.
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by NGpatriot: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

You just stated my position, that's doesn't mean other states are not trying their best in bringing development to there people but Lagos state government is not doing anything different from other states just that the private organisations and federal government are covering for them.

So, private organizations are actually building, constructing and commissioning all the projects Sawo Olu commissions every day, including the ones Fashola and Ambode commissioned, they build all the roads, bridges, hospitals, housing estates, schools and so on, in fact, the private organizations are building the Lagos Metro rail and they actually went to the US last week to buy trains for the metro rail instead of Sanwo Olu.

As they say, ipob mentality is always a senseless, ignorant and upside down mentality, you can not even make elementary sense to save your own life.

Sometimes I just feel sorry for you Igbos.. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Ngorbungor(m): 11:22am On Jan 23, 2022
NGpatriot:

So, private organizations are actually building, constructing and commissioning all the projects Sawo Olu commissions every day, including the ones Fashola and Ambode commissioned, they build all the roads, bridges, hospitals, schools and so on, in fact, the private organizations are building the Lagos Metro rail and they actually went to the US last week to buy trains for the metro rail instead of Sanwo Olu.

As they say, ipob mentality is always a senseless, ignorant and upside down mentality, you can not even make elementary sense to save your own life.

Sometimes I just feel sorry for you Igbos.. grin grin

Am not an Igbos and will never be, back to your write-up, does it mean that other states are not building road, hospital, bridges and schools?
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by NGpatriot: 11:24am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

Am not an Igbos and will never be, back to your write-up, does it mean that other states are not building road, hospital, bridges and schools?

Kindly show us the projects private organizations and the FG build and commissioned Lagos.

Support your claim with facts, put your money where your mouth is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by DrGoodman: 11:27am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

My friend, Trader Money, School feeding program etc were his brain child, so what happened to this programs if not a failure.

Give a business person #10,000 and believe he has helped them.

Guguru and epa money grin
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by NGpatriot: 11:30am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

Am not an Igbos

Ngorbungor:

Igbo business men and women have a sophisticated business network, links, route and facilities that no other region has presently if you don't know.

They have one of the best transport system and a good, reliable delivery system in the hole of West Africa.

An average business man or woman in ABA, Onitsha or Nnewi don't need the hole five working days to do his or her business, all what he needs is to get your orders through SMS, Phone calls, e-mail and Alert in his or her bank account and he deliver your goods to you anywhere in Nigeria or outside the country.

Nna, stick to your ipobian shallow and empty chest beating...

lol @ Igbo business men and women have a sophisticated business network, links, route and facilities that no other region has presently if you don't know.....

These ipob comedians sef.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by LILTJAY: 11:31am On Jan 23, 2022
Can a drunkard rule anambra state? Or can an idiot rule Abia state?
Cursed igbo animal

1 Like

Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by DrGoodman: 11:32am On Jan 23, 2022
NGpatriot:

Kindly show us the projects private organizations and the FG build and commissioned Lagos.

Support your claim with facts, put your money where your mouth is.

Like the removal of all oil major HQ from PH to Lagos.
Re: Can A Lunatic Govern Lagos? by Coolgent(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2022
Ngorbungor:

Apt!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please, Why Are My Yoruba Friends Laughing Like Mad About This Pic? / Onitsha Is Still Afraid To Open On Monday. Defies Governor Soludo's Order / You Can’t Use Me To De-market Obi, Archbishop Chukwuma Tells Peter Obi's Enemies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.