Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia (27497 Views)

Jay Jay Okocha Visits The Super Eagles Ahead Of Cote D'ivoire Clash / Super Eagles List For Friendlies With Tunisia & Ivory Coast Released By NFF / Bukola Saraki Visits Super Eagles Ahead Of Friendly Match With England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by mrmayoh: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari Sunday morning gave a pep talk to the Super Eagles, ahead of their second round match against Tunisia tonight in the ongoing African Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4NNour_Syo[/url]

Speaking via video conference from the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the President spoke with Coach Augustine Eguavoen, , Captain Ahmed Musa , Amaju Pinnick, President of Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), and Nigerian Ambassador to Cameroon, Gen Abayomi Olonisakin (retd).

Mentioning two of the players, Kelechi Iheanacho and Moses Simon, by name, President Buhari urged the Super Eagles to continue making Nigerians happy, not only by winning the second round match, but to eventually lift the trophy.

Said the President: “You’ve been doing Nigeria proud. You’ve been winning. Please keep on winning. The Federal Government is supporting you, and I say thank you to all the technical crew and the players.. Please keep doing the country proud.”

The President applauded the good work being done by the Hon Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Sunday Dare, saying the country appreciates it.

Responding, Coach Eguavoen said; “We are so excited that His Excellency, President Buhari, has come to speak with us this morning. On behalf of the players and the technical crew, I want to say thank you very much sir.

“The group stage has passed, and your speaking to us is a morale booster. Thank you for your support, Mr President, we also thank the Hon. Minister, and the NFF President. We are so privileged, and want to promise that you should just relax, we’ll come out victorious. We won’t let the nation down.”

Ambassador Olonisakin said the over 4 million Nigerians living in Cameroon have been giving robust support to the Super Eagles since they arrived Garoua, Cameroon, on January 5, “and they will continue to do so.”

Ahmed Musa, on behalf of the players, appreciated Mr President, noting that it is not easy to speak with the leader of a country, and they count themselves privileged.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/afcon-2nd-round-buhari-in-video-conference-with-super-eagles-charges-them-to-fly/

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by philo04(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
In this life just be successful every other things will fall in place .....can I get 1000 likes for the SUPER EAGLES go Boys

341 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
This man should rest before his bad luck will affect the Super eagles angry angry

321 Likes 22 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by reccy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
God bless my president.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by WibusJaga: 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2022
✌️✌️✌️

Go Super Eagles!
Victoria is Certain.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Baawaa(m): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hope they will not win super eagle,because the caller is a failure ,disappointment and bad luck,Buhari did you make Nigerians happy

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by vibre: 1:17pm On Jan 23, 2022
Why? Oh My God why nah? Whose idea was this?

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by complexBoss12: 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
This man and his badluck

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Starzo: 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
na to go do fasting and prayer to cancel this man bad luck now o

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by usecondom(m): 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
Toh! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by vincentjk(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
The Super eagles should ask Anthony Joshua what happened to him after he visited buhari first.

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Memphis357(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nooooooooo naaaaaaaaa!
This man with im badluck go come jinx Super Eagles for us oooooooo!
Oga Buhari, abeg save this your talk for when Niger national team don qualify for anything, abeg angry

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Heterodox(m): 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
Haha...wahala

Badluck...I won't be surprised.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Kazeem47(m): 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
Him for wait after the match na.which kind wahala be this.Una for put him number for blacklist or divert the call.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by kayzkayz(m): 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
It’s a good time to bet against Nigeria.

Lemme me quickly go and check odds �‍♂️

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by oluwaahmed: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
They have lost. Chai the whitewalker has infected them with misfortune.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Vipro(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
grin If dey loose,you go hear am oo grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Lexusgs430: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
He already spoke bad luck into their ears........

Buhari that would only speak to Nigerian's via recorded video messages, this is either a good or bad omen !!!! cheesy

But I suspect the latter .......... cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ok.
All the best to our Super Eagles in their outing today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by mozona(m): 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
I pray him badluck will not work this tym.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by afamaustin(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bad luck is on the way

14 Likes

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
This man is always stubborn, the secret is for him to congratulate them after the match and not before the match......

But he won't listen......cheeeei may badluck never hit out boys today ooo

Modified..........

Looking for my voice.........Buhari why??

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by premierlead: 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
This is absolute ill luck of a thing as nothing good had never come out of Buhari and I don't think some thing good will ever...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by jsancho(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Super eagles don lose be that

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by Oluwapresley(m): 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
If I knew this would happen, sebi ai for no carry game. Which kind bad luck be this?

Modified: Buhari has finally killed me

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by ayo2008: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
He should have kept quiet o
I hope we win today o..lolz
He has bn silent all this while and we won all our matches..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by AllKnowing: 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Did he really have to? Now they’ve stared bad luck in the face, see how Tunisia thrashes them!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by kenolsquad(m): 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
President Buhari De Grand Commander of failure should never have called those lads doing some good for themselves

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Speaks With The Super Eagles Ahead Of Match With Tunisia by tempex88(m): 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Thank you Mr President.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gracious Akujobi Dies (Super Falcons Media Officer ) / Arsenal To Swap Aaron Ramsey For Ousmane Dembele Of Barcelona / Messi Out Of Super Eagles Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.