Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu (6031 Views)

Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft / Embarrassing Way Some Nigerians Boarded An Aircraft Today / Anenih, Akunyili Stranded In Abuja After Arik Aircraft's Toilet Fails To Flush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by totorimi: 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
Me thinks this was possible because the plane is still new and one of the new generation aircraft that could withstand such dangerous failure during aircraft lift up. IT could have been another thing if it were one of those tokunboh planes.
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by goggs(m): 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
Some of our journalist can embarrass people with sensational reporting, which unfortunately, is grubbed up by the unknowing public. Only if journalist will spend just 30 mins to research issues on the net,
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by blackmann(m): 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
crux84:

My brother was on that flight. both engines failed and the pilot had to dump fuel.

Mumu. U too read what you just typed and tell me if it makes any sense to you. If(and this is a rare occurence) a plane loses power to both engines, where will the power come from to dump fuel? Or do you think someone will siphon the aviation fuel with a hose?
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by chelseabmw(m): 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^^^^^

grin grin grin
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by EuroMeko(m): 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2011
blackmann:

Mumu. U too read what you just typed and tell me if it makes any sense to you. If(and this is a rare occurence) a plane loses power to both engines, where will the power come from to dump fuel? Or do you think someone will siphon the aviation fuel with a hose?

Well to Mumus credit, Captain Sullivan, famous and heroic American Airline Aviator that landed in the Hudson river, did manage to extract his emergency power unit after loosing power to all engines, and able to get some electronic and hydraulic systems back.
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by EuroMeko(m): 11:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
If you speak to long time Pilots you will find that many would prefer to fly older but still rigorously maintained aircraft versus new one if discussing emergency.

The older crafts are more forgiving, easier to operate since there is not much electronic. The newer aircrafts are just too complicated.
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by damola1: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^ Just human nature. Old People getting used to old technology. Don't mean it's better than latest tech.
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by sandee575(f): 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2011
Since you guys wont stop messing around with this topic i shall therefore intervene to clear some delicate points.

1. NCAA issues pilots licences and can revoke same if necessary.
2. With an engine failure on a twin engined aircraft you stand a very good chance of maintaining flight to the
nearest airport to make a landing.
3. Fuel dumping is mostly gravity fed with some assistance from aerodynamic flow as a result of the venturi principle.
4. Following an all-engine failure, the APU i.e the Auxilliary Power Unit can be started and which then acts as an electric generator to power
electric hydraulic pumps and aircraft electrical systems.
5. A well maitained airplane is a pilots joy regardless of the airplane's age. Automation in modern airplanes is actually
a plus towards the enhancement of safety in an overall context.
6. Conclusion: you are all mumus.
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by blackmann(m): 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2011
EuroMeko:

Well to Mumus credit, Captain Sullivan, famous and heroic American Airline Aviator that landed in the Hudson river, did manage to extract his emergency power unit after loosing power to all engines, and able to get some electronic and hydraulic systems back.

Agreed. there is a backup Auxilliary power system that powers up the basic systems and hydraulics so that the pilot will be able to maneuver the plane to safety, but not to dump fuel. besides which pilot in his right mind will think of dumping fuel first in such an emergency? I still maintain the mumu comment.

and by the way, it was Captain Sullenberger, not Sullivan buddy. grin
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by 1WORLD1(m): 3:54am On Jun 22, 2011
Hello every body can any one help out with a cheaper ticket from Nigeria to Brazil for group travelers?

We have used Emirate which will have to stop at Dubai before going to Brazil,
We have used South Africa Airline which will also stop at South Africa before moving on
We used Turkish Airline once they also stop at Turkey before moving to Brazil. and Copa air, that will stop at Panama before going to Brazil presently all these are too expensive
Am looking for some other route for the group. I don't mind any West Africa countries, that is From Nigeria to the West Africa Country and from there straight to Brazil.

please is you have any info concerning this contact immediately

ADENIYI SOLA BUNMI
Business Development Manager

LEARNING IS LIVING ENTERPRISES - AFRICA
100, Obafemi Awolowo Way
Beside, Fan Milk, Opp Intercontinental Bank.
Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria, Africa
Telephone :+2348065220074
Email: sola@learningisliving.ca
Email: infoafrica@learningisliving.ca
www.Learningisliving.ca
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by EuroMeko(m): 4:20am On Jun 22, 2011
blackmann:

Agreed. there is a backup Auxilliary power system that powers up the basic systems and hydraulics so that the pilot will be able to maneuver the plane to safety, but not to dump fuel. besides which pilot in his right mind will think of dumping fuel first in such an emergency? I still maintain the mumu comment.

and by the way, it was Captain Sullenberger, not Sullivan buddy. grin

I stand corrected, I should know better since I have an autographed copy of his book.
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by mkpologwu(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2011
Why dem no comot the air frm the craft? Abi dem forget say witches dey use air dey fly Which means dem de fly witchcraft join! Not just aircraft!
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by ibgreatman: 9:56am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by OmoTier1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
sandee575:

Since you guys wont stop messing around with this topic i shall intervene to clear some points.

1. NCAA issues pilots licences and can revoke same if necessary.
2. With an engine failure on a twin engined aircraft you stand a very good chance of maintaining flight to the
nearest airport to make a landing.
3. Fuel dumping is gravity fed with some assistance from aerodynamic flow as a result of the venturi principle.
4. Following all engine failure, the APU ie Auxilliary Power Unit can be started and acts as an electric generator to power
electric hydraulic pumps and aircraft electrical systems.
5.A well maitained airplane is a pilots joy regardless of the airplane's age. Automation in modern airplanes are actually
a plus to safety in an overall context.
6.Conclusion: you are all mumus.
Do not come here and post trash!- Venturi principle my foot-
Are you sure you really know anything about fuel systems in B737?

Clarify, NCAA can not revoke pilot license without a board! And not reasons which does not even bother on professional misconduct as alledged by that poster.

In fact, I watched the NCAA dude comment on this incidence and it was a one engine failure due possibily to oil leaks from a filter (similar to the Quantas case) and the engine was already being moved to Germany for further investigation while the aircraft remain grounded.

Care to shed more light on your Venturi before you Benoulli all of us?
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by sandee575(f): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2011
@ Omo Tier 1
Do not come here and post trash!- Venturi principle my foot-
Are you sure you really know anything about fuel systems in B737?

Clarify, NCAA can not revoke pilot license without a board! And not reasonsĀ  which does not even bother on professional misconduct as alledged by that poster.

In fact, I watched the NCAA dude comment on this incidence and it was a one engine failure due possibily to oil leaks from a filter (similar to the Quantas case) and the engine was already being moved to Germany for further investigation while the aircraft remain grounded.

Care to shed more light on your Venturi before you Benoulli all of us?

Chei!! the insult one has to cope with on Nairaland.

However, ive been flying the B737 probably before you were born and when i come across characters like you, i just see another half educated baboon.
1. The 737 is a short/medium haul airplane and thus does not have a fuel dumping system.
2. NCAA will revoke a pilots licence if they have to do so.
3. I did not say i knew the problem the said Arik airplane encountered.
4. I stick to my guns where the venturi principle is concerned in aiding the dispensation of fuel during dumping.
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by OmoTier1(m): 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2011
sandee575:

@ Omo Tier 1

Chei!! the insult one has to cope with on Nairaland.

However, ive been flying the B737 probably before you were born and when i come across characters like you, i just see another half educated baboon.
1. The 737 is a short/medium haul airplane and thus does not have a fuel dumping system.
2. NCAA will revoke a pilots licence if they have to do so.
3. I did not say i knew the problem the said Arik airplane encountered.
4. I stick to my guns where the venturi principle is concerned in aiding the dispensation of fuel during dumping.
Maybe you should be courtious and be mannered when posting. Insulting others does not prove your point.

Go back and reread my post. I said FUEL SYSTEMS not FUEL DUMP SYSTEM -two completely different things- I queried his knowledge of fuel systems in b737 'cos of the very basic -to say the list- principle on which he claimed b737 fuel systems works, which was like saying an aeroplane flies because of lift - a complete misnomer-

As for NCAA revocation of pilot's license, I never said they do not but rather that its a board affair which usually bothers on professional misconduct which I doubt an aborted take-off would command. Since you bragged about been an all know educated B737 pilot, perhaps in Nigeria;something I seriously doubt- why not tell us the procedure in place for NCAA to revoke a pilot's license?

oh what was the lunch year of b737 classic again? hmmm maybe phrune.org will help me out, zooom, oh wait!

, **momentum theory of lift is a theory of reasoning, circulation explains why an airplane flies** , Jukwoski and K grasped thier physics and mathematics,

Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by sandee575(f): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2011
Maybe you should be courtious and be mannered when posting. Insulting others does not prove your point.

Go back and reread my post. I said FUEL SYSTEMS not FUEL DUMP SYSTEM -two completely different things- I queried his knowledge of fuel systems in b737 'cos of the very basic -to say the list- principle on which he claimed b737 fuel systems works, which was like saying an aeroplane flies because of lift - a complete misnomer-

As for NCAA revocation of pilot's license, I never said they do not but rather that its a board affair which usually bothers on professional misconduct which I doubt an aborted take-off would command. Since you bragged about been an all know educated B737 pilot, perhaps in Nigeria;something I seriously doubt- why not tell us the procedure in place for NCAA to revoke a pilot's license?

oh what was the lunch year of b737 classic again? hmmm maybe phrune.org will help me out, zooom, oh wait!

, **momentum theory of lift is a theory of reasoning, circulation explains why an airplane flies** , Jukwoski and K grasped thier physics and mathematics,

What do you smoke?
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by OmoTier1(m): 10:15am On Jun 26, 2011
sandee575:

What do you smoke?
Answer my questions the ALLknow B737 pilot.

Tell us how conservation of energy and pressure degradation - venturi principle - governs fuel system in B737.

wait a min, volume x area
really?, density x velocity x area.But where is friction? it's in phrune.org.

oh ya, b737 tell us,
Re: Arik Aircraft In Near Mishap In Enugu by sandee575(f): 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2011
Answer my questions the ALLknow B737 pilot.

Tell us how conservation of energy and pressure degradation - venturi principle - governs fuel system in B737.

wait a min, volume x area
really?, density x velocity x area.But where is friction? it's in phrune.org.

oh ya, b737 tell us,

Half educated baboon

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Designed Off-road Wheel Chair For Wife To Go Places And People Are Demanding / Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. / How To Get To Murtala Mohammed Airport From Ojota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.