Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego (2324 Views)

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Anybody Using The Nokia N9 Here? / Is Nokia N9 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by toladop(m): 4:43am On Jun 21, 2011
Nokia just announced the N9 running Meego. It has NFC and you just have to double tap to unlock the screen so you dont have to use a button to unlock. Sleek design as usual with 8MP camera and a 3.9 inch curved glass AMOLED display. Best multitasking experience with 3 home screens. What do you think of the phone?
  Would you buy this or wait for WP7?
   It really looks cool
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gfE3B6L-Otw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://188.65.36.211/?p=31842

Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by zenus(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2011
Having used N900 and give it a Pass mark,
I must definately owns this toy.
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by amasha(f): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2011

Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
Love the phone but got no keyboard
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:05am On Sep 25, 2011
makes u wonder, the stories about elop.

they had this in development and still went to a half complete winphone7?

smh
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by texazzpete(m): 11:19pm On Sep 27, 2011
4llerbuntu:

makes u wonder, the stories about elop.

they had this in development and still went to a half complete winphone7?

smh

Read the reviews of Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango)

Mango has caught up with IOS and Android now in every meaningful way, surpasses both in some.

N9 was DOA. Nokia needs to continue to move smartphones in volume to willing consumers to stay in the black. Selling a handful of meego powered phones to hardcore nerds is no way to return to profitability
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by Phony200(m): 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
Microsoft was able to roll out the mango update to most phones worldwide simultaneously without issues. Reviews show it's going to be very competitive. WP7 phones will work with Kinect, xbox and windows 8 so it's shaping up to be a very well-immersed ecosystem, albeit the newest entrant to the Smartphone Wars arena. Add that microsoft now has cross licensing deals with nearly all android manufacturers, wp7 can only get better. I'm definitely getting a Nokia wp7 phone next year.
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by shockreaction(m): 6:08am On Oct 30, 2011
I still haven't used a WP7 phone, but I know there are 3 things that will make me "entertain" the platform, so to speak.

1. Proper real-time multitasking (see: Symbian, Maemo or heck, even MeeGo Harmattan)
2. USB mass storage
3. Access to the filesystem on the device

#3's not even a priority if #2 is implemented.

Oh yeah, I got a 64GB N9. You can check out my short run through in my blog.
</shameless plug>
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by spacefreak: 10:55am On Oct 30, 2011
Sup, where did you buy your n9 and any idea what the price of the 16gb version is? Tanx
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by shockreaction(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2011
Computer Village. The 16GB variant should be going for about 100k or thereabouts.
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by texazzpete(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2011
shockreaction:

I still haven't used a WP7 phone, but I know there are 3 things that will make me "entertain" the platform, so to speak.

1. Proper real-time multitasking (see: Symbian, Maemo or heck, even MeeGo Harmattan)
2. USB mass storage
3. Access to the filesystem on the device

#3's not even a priority if #2 is implemented.

Oh yeah, I got a 64GB N9. You can check out my short run through in my blog.
</shameless plug>

All these will not keep me entertained if there are no meaningful apps for it.
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by shockreaction(m): 6:44am On Nov 02, 2011
texazzpete:

All these will not keep me entertained if there are no meaningful apps for it.

Well, I'm more into app development than app consumption, so I guess not having apps really doesn't bother me that much, as long as I have the things I need to do basic stuff.
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by juli9(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2011
i have dumpt all nokia for SONYERICSSON arc s is an amazin fone i bought it from holland last wk 4$1075
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by LordReed(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
Experia Arc for $1075? Are you kidding?
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by jerryben12: 1:31am On Feb 25, 2012
Introducing an all-screen smartphone like no other. It all comes together beautifully with the scratch-resistant glass merging perfectly into the smooth one-piece body. And there's innovation in every detail. The vivid AMOLED display brings everything to life right on the surface, plus the curved glass makes it easy to swipe the touch screen as you move between apps.

This is 16GB NOT 8GB.

Price is N85,000. Just like a give away. Hurry only one left!!! Email me with your number Jerrybenchi@yahoo.com. Brand new from the US.

No BB or iPhone can be compared to the Nokia N9. See link below for what Nokia had to say.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-n9/features
Re: Nokia Releases Nokia N9 Running Meego by ajekpaks(m): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2012
Anybody wanna sell his N9 for a c7 and a fee? I can't wait to upgrade,

(1) (Reply)

The Best Android Phone You Can Buy, As Of June 2013 / Nigerian Dual-sim Phone, Maxtel Mx-3 Makes Market Debut Below ₦4000 / Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.