Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause (2517 Views)

2023: Orji Kalu Betrayed Igbo Cause - Edwin Clark / Imo Summit Resolves To Defend Igbo Cause. / Is Ndi Igbo Cause To Fail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Awkabigboy: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
I honestly love your objective submission.
Honestly, the remote location of Abakaliki and it's scattered settlement pattern made it inaccessible and unattractive to the colonial masters.
This contributed negatively towards our exposure to the western civilization.
But following the clamour for improved welfare for the region and her people.
The few elites clamoured for the creation of Ebonyi State.
Which was granted by the military government of Sani Abacha in 1996.
This triggered so many good fortunes for the people like higher access to education, health, wealth, infrastructure, etc.
Today, the narratives is getting better among our people.
The illiteracy rate is declining rapidly.
The infrastructure is growing slow but steady.
Thatched houses are phasing away and are being replaced by bungalows.
I'm an Abakaliki man, but honesty the pride, the ego and arrogance of an average Anambra man is second to non.
They ridicule the Abakaliki man at any slight chance.
My advice to those that are fond of that stereotype is: Trying impacting the lives of the Abakaliki people in any little way you can if you think you are civilised and privileged.
Cause, that is exactly what the Whites did to the third world countries upon their discovery during their expedition.
They sacrificed their comfort, to make sure that we got civilised to the point that we are now and still doing it through World Bank, UNICEF, WHO, FAO, USAID, European Union, etc
The young shall grow, time shall tell.
On the accusations that Abakaliki hustlers in Anambra towns are behind the atrocities of IPOB.
So, all the keke riders in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and Other Anambra towns are Abakaliki people? Nawa o.
He meant that those unknown gun men that drove in SUVs and had confrontation with Security personnels are the Abakaliki people.
Including Ikonso and his boys, the ones that are killed at Nnobi during the heat of Anambra election?
So, he meant Abakaliki people are the ones shutting down Onitsha, Nnewi and other Igbo towns on every Mondays?
Hate is a cancer.
You hate Yoruba, hate Fulani, hate Abakaliki.
This is one of the reasons that Umahi said that Ebonyi cannot be part of Biafra.
Egoistic, arrogant and tribal bigots full of acrimony, rancour and bitterness.
But Ebonyi is not just the Abakaliki division, there is the Afikpo division that joined them from Abia state , how come those ones don't face the same deridment
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Ojiofor: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:

Go and read about the army officers whose actions directly or indirectly led to the civil war. Where are they from?

Go and make research about those that betrayed the Biafran cause and sabotaged the war when situation got worse. Where did most of them come from? I'm not talking about the sabotage from non Igbos like Ijaws, but fellow Igbos from SE!

The so called Igbo coup is made up officers of Anambra state origin.

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by ThinkSmarter: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Awkabigboy:

But Ebonyi is not just the Abakaliki division, there is the Afikpo division that joined them from Abia state , how come those ones don't face the same deridment
Because the Afikpo division had higher access to Western education before the creation of Ebonyi State.
You can recall that Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic is at Afikpo and it is older than the state, including Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu, Close to Uturu, Abia state.
Abakaliki people together with their Enugu counterparts like Nsukka were together called Wawa people and Wawa literally means affirmative disagreement.
This name was coined when the disadvantaged people of old Abakaliki and Nsukka regions affirmatively disagree over some policies that didn't favour them in the old Anambra State cabinet with its capital at Enugu.
Recall that Abakaliki kept migrating from Old Eastern states to Old Anambra State to Old Enugu State and Finally to Ebonyi State.
While Afikpo division migrated from old Eastern States to Old Imo State to Old Abia state and Finally to Ebonyi.
It was after the creation of Ebonyi State that higher institutions like Ebonyi State University, Ebonyi State College of Education, AE-FUNAI, Ebonyi State School of Health Science and Technology were established in Abakaliki division.
The high illiteracy rate among the people of Abakaliki division made them to be politically, economically and socially defranchised.
But the narrative is changing for good.

3 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Conrod: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Wow!! This is the first time I will read you use uncouth swear words. Please don't change to those folks here who can't have decent and intellectual exchange without using bad words sir.
Thank you sir,....you know,even monkeys sometimes fall from trees.

4 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Tellwhat: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Because the Afikpo division had higher access to Western education before the creation of Ebonyi State.
You can recall that Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic is at Afikpo and it is older than the state, including Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu, Close to Uturu, Abia state.
Abakaliki people together with their Enugu counterparts like Nsukka were together called Wawa people and Wawa literally means affirmative disagreement.
This name was coined when the disadvantaged people of old Abakaliki and Nsukka regions affirmatively disagree over some policies that didn't favour them in the old Anambra State cabinet with its capital at Enugu.
Recall that Abakaliki kept migrating from Old Eastern states to Old Anambra State to Old Enugu State and Finally to Ebonyi State.
While Afikpo division migrated from old Eastern States to Old Imo State to Old Abia state and Finally to Ebonyi.
It was after the creation of Ebonyi State that higher institutions like Ebonyi State University, Ebonyi State College of Education, AE-FUNAI, Ebonyi State School of Health Science and Technology were established in Abakaliki division.
The high illiteracy rate among the people of Abakaliki division made them to be politically, economically and socially defranchised.
Wow. Your moniker truly suites you. I have learnt a few things from you today. I believe you must have enlighted a few reasonable people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Awkabigboy: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
I wish you all well, not everyone like the unfounded hate. I basically understand what you're writing about. Most times I have tried knowing what Abakaliki people do differently that make them subject if deridment but i couldn't still see it. Things are changing though
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by mjconcept(m): 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
You are right OP. An average Anambra person believes it has the right to Lord over other Igbo State and they do it openly. I grew up with lots of them, and I can tell you that they are the Fulani we have in Igbo land.

5 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Awkabigboy: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ojiofor:

Why do you hate anything Anambra mr man lipsrsealed
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by izac82: 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
And you brought it to this anti Igbo forum to bash your brothers? Are you not comiting the same sin you are accusing ndi Anambra?
Why not take it to private group and discuss than bringing this to a forum that oozes Igbophobia?

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by heniford2: 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=FactsvsFiction post=109646557][/quote]this is getting interesting i most confess
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
ThinkSmarter:

You're absolutely right!

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Ojiofor: 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
Awkabigboy:

Why do you hate anything Anambra mr man lipsrsealed

I do not hate them but just making a statement of fact.
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by ThinkSmarter: 1:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Awkabigboy:

I wish you all well, not everyone like the unfounded hate. I basically understand what you're writing about. Most times I have tried knowing what Abakaliki people do differently that make them subject if deridment but i couldn't still see it. Things are changing though
Thank your understanding and good wishes.
Stay blessed
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Please ignore the fool! Their day hasn’t started unless they look for a way to try and divide Igbos!

I really don’t know what these peoples problem is!? Their entire existence on nairaland is aimed at lies, hate, negativity and envy towards Igbos’, but you never see them out in any effort or support the bid for a referendum towards secession!

It’s only on nairaland i hear of this ‘hate’ towards Ebonyi people!

You're not intelligent, no apologies.
Choosing to live in denial instead of confronting your challenges and seeking for ways to solve them is the hallmark of dull people.

Social media is a powerful tool and can be used to bring positive change. When we condemn this issues overwhelmingly on the social media, over time everyone will frown at it and eventually it will stop!

However, if we continue to sweep it under the carpet because we don't want to feel embarrassed, then it will continue to metastasize until it becomes cancerous and destroys us.

This acrimony and condescension on other Igbo clans can only bring our collective downfall. No single Igbo state would amount to anything significant without the backing of others. Instead of uniting everyone in mutual respect we continue to fractionalize into tiny bits which would ultimately earn us minority status.

This toxic attitude must be stopped or else Biafra we won't get and neither will we rise to top position politically or economically in Nigeria.

A stitch in time saves 9!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Antivirus92(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
History555:

U are wrong. I am from anambra and don't have such views. Only fools pretending to be lgbos have such view. They are fake lgbos
i am also from anambra and i DON'T have such view!
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Antivirus92(m): 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
heniford2:
Seriously am trying to understand this Op oh Asin what's wrong with your thinking Op let me ask you first ?who started the civil war which igbo tribe betrayed the igbos undecided
he keeps writting rubbish just to get at anambra people
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by ekesol: 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=FactsvsFiction post=109646557][/qu

Umahi making this statement to me looks like a mockery.
You can not because of your ambition paint your brother's bad

Thesame Eboyin people umahi said they looked down upon by other igbos where the first people they made the first Gorvernor of east central state in the. Person of Akanu Ibiam,
Thesame Eboyin people produced the Gorvernor of old imo state state in the person of ogbonaya only.

The first minister of education in old eastern region was an Eboyin man

So why is Umahi a sellout at this critical time of igbos emancipation?
Igbos should call him to order
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Donbarry043: 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
History555:

U are wrong. I am from anambra and don't have such views. Only fools pretending to be lgbos have such view. They are fake lgbos
No they are not fake and Anambra will in future further fragment Igbos. This is why Umahi fought for Ebonyi state police command to be under Umahia after it was attached to Anambra and in due time Ebonyi will toe the line of Igbos in south/south, the only problem we had is the geopolitical zones stuff and if given alternative we will opt out of southeast. Good enough no state in the east is near Ebonyi infrastructural drive and God been so kind we hope to have and industrialist as next governor just as Egwu (Educatonist), Elechi (Agriculturist) and Dave infrastructural guru. Ego happen soon as many of us are with Umahi

4 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Antivirus92(m): 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ojiofor:

like kaduna nzeogwu?
i use to have alot of respect for u but it seems you're not whom i thought you are
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=FactsvsFiction post=109646557][/quote]

Ebonyi people should go and burn down Ebonyi state and leave anambra state.

No be by force .
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:
Igbos should start asking serious questions about our history, where we are and where we are headed.

Which people started the civil war?

Which people abandoned and sabotaged the war efforts when things got bad?

Which people are the ones always attacking Ebonyi people, Enugu people, Imo people and Abia people today?

Why are we Igbos so clannish?

Why are Igbo clans at the fringes denying their Igbo heritage?

If we can answer these questions, then we will be halfway towards solving them!

The question have been answered.

Ndi anambra are peace loving people so let them be.
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:

I used to be like you!

I will cleverly blame impostors and paid goons whenever I see most of the shameful and embarrassing posts by fellow Igbos, but over time, I realized that some Anambra people actually have such worldview. However, we can't continue shying away from discussing it because the more we do, the more emboldened these misguided ones become.

If we do not collectively stop this evil, believe me, Igbos will suffer for 600 years and we wouldn't achieve neither our dignity in Nigeria our own nation.

Anambra is moving forward. Go back to your state and suffer.

The future is bright here.
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
History555:

Lol

You are now from anambra

IPOB members can lie? You from anambra state?

May Anambra in Enugu/Ebonyi

Lol
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:
I have stopped blaming Ikwerre people or Ika people for denying their Igbo heritage because if I'm to be in their shoe, I will probably do like them too!!

I'm not from Ebonyi State, but anytime I look at the vitriols they receive from others, particularly from Anambra, I feel bad. They're often made the butt of cruel jokes for no reason.

Yes, it may be true that old Abakiliki division are not as educated as other parts of Igboland which probably caused their proclivity towards menial work but this is not their fault per se. Their geographical location is quite remote which made it difficult for them to grasp opportunities like other Igbo clans.

Going forward, their fortunes are fast changing for the better. Their state has fast opened up in recent years and today, Abakiliki city and even the state generally have the best roads in SE. They're also the food basket of the region!

You are from Ebonyi.

Stop denying your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ojiofor:

What concerns Ojiofor with Anambra people and their superiority complex?
I am from Abia state know this and have peace.

When a nation ( anambra) decides how to live and relate with others, it now become superiority complex

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Antivirus92(m): 5:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
We all have one thing or the other to say about ourselves,,,
being from anambra, i have encounteredcountless times people from other states insulting us especially people from imo, they call us ritualists,kidnappers, drug lords,traders,illiterates and most times insult us because of "L" and "R" factors we encounter while talking.
we ndi anambra see all those things butdon't take it to heart,,,,

coming to the op,in a faceless forum where anybody can claim anything, you're so dumb to assume that all who claim to come from anambra are actually from anambra

constantly writing this rubbish makes anambra people like me who neither segregate nor descriminate feel bad,,,,
it has to stop
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Antivirus92(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Osagyefo98:

No be by force .
stop writing rubbish!
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Antivirus92(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Osagyefo98:

No be by force .
stop writing rubbish!
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Great0ne1: 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=FactsvsFiction post=109646557][/quote]
Stupid aboki. You no go mind your cattle rearing business.
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by onumadu: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
@OP that my post you cited is actually APT and summarizes the problem brilliantly!

The reverse psychology long being used by Ebonyi politicians to corner South East federal appointments will not continue to work. Quote me.

In the previous governments of this same republic, Ebonyi state produced the highest Igbo federal official because other Igbo groups wanted to disprove this permanent Ebonyi cry-baby syndrome. That is how Pius Anyim was put forward to serve as Secretary to the FG. As I write this, he is one of the Igbos being looked at to run for presidency under “Igbo presidency”. Gov Umahi is also positioning himself to do the same under APC again using Igbo presidency argument.
Has all that stopped the constant lamentation from Ebonyi about other Igbos not becoming like them in the interest of Igbo unity? NO.
Igbo say that enebe ukoro anya enwe anya, ji agwu na oba!
We cannot walk on eggshells for ever while you wreck our state and corner all Igbo positions at the federal level, just to keep you happy in the name of Igbo unity.

My main problem (and I believe it is the same with other Anambra persons) is that Ebonyi elements do in Anambra what they can never do in Ebonyi. EVERYBODY know this truth. So, we should ignore it to continue trying to please people who can never be pleased?

Hear this and hear it very well: ANAMBRA STATE PEOPLE ARE VERY HARDWORKING AND PROGRESS MINDED PEOPLE. That is how/why you have the Air Peaces, Innosons, Coscharises, Chikasons, Cutix cables, etc all coming from Anambra state.
There is a reason for that, and I don’t care what you feel about it! There is a reason Anambra state attracts every Igbo, though some are abusing it now by causing chaos.

Like I said in one of my posts in the other thread, when you interfere with Igbo man’s (certainly Anambra) source of income and livelihood under the pretext of freedom fighting, you cross a RED LINE.

How can the same people be fingered in ALL Anambra cities as persons responsible for chaos and carnage with the way they ride Okada and Keke, and we are to believe that it is only based on stereotype?
Some of us have been champions of Igbo interests for decades, and we have seen ALL parts of it. Emotional blackmail will not continue to work.

My prayer is that the new Anambra governor bans Okada first in ALL Anambra cities. And then ban on Keke should follow. There are better alternatives to these two modes of transportation.

The chaos in Anambra MUST end, Igbo unity or not!

It is up to Ebonyi people to decide whether they are Igbo or not: It doesn’t concern any of us. undecided

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Ojiofor: 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
Antivirus92:
like kaduna nzeogwu?
i use to have alot of respect for u but it seems you're not whom i thought you are

Ifeajuna,Ben Gbulie,Emma Nwobosi,Timothy Onwuatuegwu etc and their Midwest and Western region friends...

1 Like

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Ojiofor: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
Osagyefo98:

When a nation ( anambra) decides how to live and relate with others, it now become superiority complex

Not when that nation drags her neighbours into all her dangerous adventures and make it look like Igbo agenda.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra On Total And Complete Lockdown For Nnamdi Kanu 16/02/2022 / Tinubu Didn’t Make Me President - Buhari / Atiku In Trouble, Begs Governors For Campaign Funds- Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.