Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here (578 Views)

Why A Good Software Engineer Should Also Be A Good Cyber Security Engineer / Are You A Software Developer? Earn More As An Application Security Engineer / Data Science Or Cyber Security? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here by Freelane33(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2022
This thread is for the cyber security engineers only . Let’s share ideas . I’m starting security plus course today .
Re: Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here by NNtv(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Freelane33:
This thread is for the cyber security engineers only . Let’s share ideas . I’m starting security plus course today .
i also have interest on learning cybersecurity, but I don't see it being discussed here, even on facebook, there's no group that people truly discuss on it.
Re: Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here by Sheriman(m): 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
NNtv:
i also have interest on learning cybersecurity, but I don't see it being discussed here, even on facebook, there's no group that people truly discuss on it.
Nigeria has not reached that stage joor not only that our society glorify fraud live on fraud celebrate fraud. You can hardly see people doing it.
Re: Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here by NNtv(m): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Sheriman:

Nigeria has not reached that stage joor not only that our society glorify fraud live on fraud celebrate fraud. You can hardly see people doing it.
I think we can't just say it's because of Nigerians lack of honesty, but the confusion and misconception of how the internet works. Some Big companies in Nigeria have no idea of what a bug is, some government agencies don't even have a firewall to safeguard their own information.

Nigerian Yahoo boys and internet fraudsters target international victims with less technical approach. (they lie to them with big promises of love and investment scams), but Russia and Pakistan fraudster use technical methods. They hack into financial websites, steal credit cards details, or capture documents worth millions of dollars and sell them in the black-market. So, the way US, UK Asia look at cybersecurity is different from the way we see it.

Emagine EFCC will arrest people because of applications they install in their phones, instead of remotely hacking into a suspects phone to capture their activities or embed a malware into every app yahoo boys are likely to use and monitor a single download of such app.
Well, just as you said, Nigerian government are not ready to fight fraud
Re: Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here by EvilSec: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
Freelane33:
You can go through my posts or threads.
Re: Cyber Security Engineer Gather Here by Sheriman(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
NNtv:
I think we can't just say it's because of Nigerians lack of honesty, but the confusion and misconception of how the internet works. Some Big companies in Nigeria have no idea of what a bug is, some government agencies don't even have a firewall to safeguard their own information.

Nigerian Yahoo boys and internet fraudsters target international victims with less technical approach. (they lie to them with big promises of love and investment scams), but Russia and Pakistan fraudster use technical methods. They hack into financial websites, steal credit cards details, or capture documents worth millions of dollars and sell them in the black-market. So, the way US, UK Asia look at cybersecurity is different from the way we see it.

Emagine EFCC will arrest people because of applications they install in their phones, instead of remotely hacking into a suspects phone to capture their activities or embed a malware into every app yahoo boys are likely to use and monitor a single download of such app.
Well, just as you said, Nigerian government are not ready to fight fraud
Well said my brother, that is just the fact. Cyber security is no no in Nigeria for now maybe in the future when we get things right in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Ui/ux Design Training In Abuja / Who Wants To Learn Command Line For Free? / Help On How To Copy A Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.