Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 (13527 Views)

Kalu Asks Buhari To Pick A Successor From The North East / PDP To Buhari: "Just Go! Nigerians Don't Want A Successor From You" / No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by ScamDemicEra: 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
Fake "One Nigeria" with an over bloated Federal monster and a fraudulent 1999 Constitution is the problem.

In 2023 The South and Middle Belt should support an Igbo candidate with a believable commitment to restructuring, devolution of power and replacing the fraudulent 1999 Constitution with a "We the people" Constitution.

Anything short of this will guarantee South and Middle Belt will continue to argue, blame and insult themselves all day long on social media for another 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by crio: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
skywalker240:
R
R for Rhor
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by linearity: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
hmmmm

More proof that Elections are scam and a waste in Nigeria.

If the incumbent chooses his or her successor, why the hullabaloo about us voting?
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by nzeobi(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:
Obasanjo's selfish intention of wanting to compensate Yar'adua's family for the death of his bosom friend late Musa Yar'adua led to imposition of late Umaru Yar'adua as President of Nigeria. He had healthier and more capable candidates around to support but he allowed selfishness to becloud his sense of patriotism and rationality.

Who was the healthier and more competent person he could have choosen
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by mukthar2000(m): 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
Who they regret? U no see as I they look ur mouth.

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by J3susFr3ak: 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2022
ScamDemicEra:
Fake "One Nigeria" with an over bloated Federal monster and a fraudulent 1999 Constitution is the problem.

In 2023 The South and Middle Belt should support an Igbo candidate with a believable commitment to restructuring, devolution of power and replacing the fraudulent 1999 Constitution with a "We the people" Constitution.

Anything short of this will guarantee South and Middle Belt will continue to argue, blame and insult themselves all day long on social media for another 8 years.

I do second this proposal. From looking at things it all depends on what type of candidate the PDP forwards for 2023. Unfortunately presenting another Northern Fulani dude (after this current disaster) seems like a bitter pill.

If the whole South and MB can agree on an acceptable consensus candidate then it is game over for the core north....

1 Like

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by DrHighchief(m): 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
Year Adua was d best president. May his soul continue to rest in peace..Amen
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
How does Obasanjo regretting affect anybody?
Very useless and pointless article.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Cantonese: 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
nzeobi:
Obasanjos successor yaradua is the best president we have had in this dispensation.

An honest and detribalized Nigeria.
Absolute Respect for the rule of law.
Institutional and electoral reforms.
Peace and justice for the Niger delta.

If yaradua was healthy and finished his tenure, we won't be where we are today

100%
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Cantonese: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Foolish man ... The mistake is also responsible for Buhari's glaring incompetence and leadership failure abi ... Alakori

Hunger bad.

The man dey avoid hunger at his old age so.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by BabaO2: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
alizma:
So, you must be persuaded that the person succeeding you will continue with your programmes and will like you as a person.

politics is not mathematics. You can’t say if I put this person there as my successor, my future is guaranteed. No, it doesn’t work that way.
This man is talking too much recently. These two statement of his are contractive to each other.
The Obasanjo I know is not regretting his decision, ask him about it today and he will tell you he did what was right as at that time.
Is just like telling me that I am regretting that I gave my money to a trusted man to keep for me 10 years ago rather than given the money to a well known thief then, all because the good man suddenly turned criminal last year and has refused to return my money while the then criminal is now a good man.
Face the reality, Obasanjo is regreting. Yaradua singular action of canceling and reverting the sales of refineries to dangote/otedola was a huge setback to the nigeria economy. Nigeria would have been better off by far if that contract was not cancelled.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Cantonese: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:
Obasanjo's selfish intention of wanting to compensate Yar'adua's family for the death of his bosom friend late Musa Yar'adua led to imposition of late Umaru Yar'adua as President of Nigeria. He had healthier and more capable candidates around to support but he allowed selfishness to becloud his sense of patriotism and rationality.

No, the ambition of Atiku at the wrong time caused a problem. But Obasanjo overcame it and delivered the best candidate since 1999.

Obasanjo came out of jail and was handpicked. He did not have any structure, neither did he have any money. Atiku was the leader of the Yaradua political structure and had won the governorship of Adamawa state. He was picked ahead of the likes of Ciroma to become the VP. Obasanjo practically handed over the economy to him and a huge measure of political power. Seeing that he had control of the then governors, Atiku moved to remove Obasanjo is 2003 and that was the genesis of their problem. The late Chief Tony Anenih saved the day.

Obasanjo sidelined Atiku who missed the succession line and sought an honorable leader. Umaru Yaradua transformed his state. Obasanjo trusted him, knowing the family closely and decided to hand over power to him. There was no error. It was just unfortunate that the man had heart related issues and could not survive it.

Obasanjo handed over power to a great leader. There was no mistake whatsoever. Yaradua was a very honest man and very averse to corruption. He declared his assets without delay and we all saw it.

It is very unfortunate that the supporters of BAT are blinded by the crumbs that they want to receive. Nigeria has gone too far in this ethnic divisions caused by these politicians that the only option is to go separate ways.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by kkinternet: 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
festacman:

Then former governor of cross river wanted that position oo.. Donald duke
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by alizma: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
BabaO2:

Face the reality, Obasanjo is regreting. Yaradua singular action of canceling and reverting the sales of refineries to dangote/otedola was a huge setback to the nigeria economy. Nigeria would have been better off by far if that contract was not cancelled.
Your own view
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by PoliteActivist: 6:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Foolish man ... The mistake is also responsible for Buhari's glaring incompetence and leadership failure abi ... Alakori

One of the most convoluted. Illogical, and confused statements any Nigerian politician has made of late
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by BabaO2: 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2022
alizma:

Your own view
We should and must all know our economy determinants.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
alizma:
So, you must be persuaded that the person succeeding you will continue with your programmes and will like you as a person.

politics is not mathematics. You can’t say if I put this person there as my successor, my future is guaranteed. No, it doesn’t work that way.
This man is talking too much recently. These two statement of his are contractive to each other.
The Obasanjo I know is not regretting his decision, ask him about it today and he will tell you he did what was right as at that time.
Is just like telling me that I am regretting that I gave my money to a trusted man to keep for me 10 years ago rather than given the money to a well known thief then, all because the good man suddenly turned criminal last year and has refused to return my money while the then criminal is now a good man.

"The Obasanjo I know". So you know Obasanjo? So you and Obasanjo are buddy boys, uhn? So you know Obasanjo and you still de Nairaland to Share and Like?
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by EagleNest(m): 7:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
Year Ardua is better than his immediate successor and far, far more better than current president. Can any former Nigerian president ever be worst than current president? No!
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by alizma: 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
omoolokunEsin:

"The Obasanjo I know". So you know Obasanjo? So you and Obasanjo are buddy boys, uhn? So you know Obasanjo and you still de Nairaland to Share and Like?
Your comment shows where you belong on nairaland. Obviously you believe nairaland is limited only to your class.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
alizma:

Your comment shows where you belong on nairaland. Obviously you believe nairaland is limited only to your class.

You got me wrong there! Mine was meant as sarcasm. I'm sorry if I offended you.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by lagosrd: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://independent.ng/obasanjo-regretting-mistake-he-made-about-successor-in-2007-ogunlewe/

Ingrate of an asshole. If not for obasanjo who knows the likes of you. As minister for works and later contested alongside with funsho williams
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Banter1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2022
This Burdilion and Bullion Van spoke person talks too much. What bullion van can't do does not exist
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by seglabsy(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Maxymilliano:

YES ALAKORIN,WHO KILLED FUNSO WILLIAM?O DEEP GAN
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by calcal: 1:31am On Jan 25, 2022
I cannot understand the trash going on here.

Picking a successor is the same as selection then why the voting?

nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://independent.ng/obasanjo-regretting-mistake-he-made-about-successor-in-2007-ogunlewe/
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by CoolAmbience(m): 5:55am On Jan 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:

To say that Buhari is incompetent is very incorrect.

Only unpatriotic people say so.

Do you know, one inch, how much infrastructures his administration has put on ground?

Tell me, what were the gains of PDP's 16 years of sharing money?
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by juman(m): 12:37am On Jan 27, 2022
Aremu obasanjo oloriburuku oleeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by KanwuliaExtra: 12:38am On Jan 27, 2022
Useless man.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Ovamboland(m): 8:36am On Jan 27, 2022
alizma:

Yaradua was a big mistake, pairing him with Jonathan raised that mistake by exponential proportions.

Just like having 2 left legs and one now having elephantiasis
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Ovamboland(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2022
nzeobi:
Obasanjos successor yaradua is the best president we have had in this dispensation.

An honest and detribalized Nigeria.
Absolute Respect for the rule of law.
Institutional and electoral reforms.
Peace and justice for the Niger delta.

If yaradua was healthy and finished his tenure, we won't be where we are today

Yaradua ordered the closure if channels when a false news about his death was announced.
He was a poster boy and protector if ibori. He quickly removed Ribadu as EFCC chair immediately Ibori was arrested and pretended he was sending him to school in Kuru. Eventually gunmen were pursuing Ribadu until he ran to exile. Ibori eventually had his 170 count charge thrown away, until he pled guilty of sane offences in UK all under your Mr Rule of law.

He reversed the sale of refineries in 2007 without any plan on what to do with them. They are still moribund till today,

He encouraged a winding and unending investigation into power sector investment under Obj, which yielded no fruits or any convictions for crime. Meanwhile all further works on reforming the power sector was suspended waiting for the probe. At least Jonathan did something though with lots of flaws, Yaradua did nothing.

It was an arrant waste of 3 years and reversal of previous gains and growth. The sentiment being displayed is just the pity because he died in office of illness

1 Like

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Ovamboland(m): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2022
teejayreal:
These people just talk as if they're talking babies. So obasanjo successor is why a big rice is over 30k now. All of you are just doing yourself

It is still this food, no other emotion beyond the immediate stomach

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Be Met With Electoral Consequences – Onaiyekan / Collect Your PVC And Vote Peter Obi, Labour Party - Peter Psquare / Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.