Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

How Much Would You Recommend As Charges - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Would You Recommend As Charges (1212 Views)

What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming / Please Can You Recommend A Good Computer ICT Training Center? / Which Lucrative Digital Skill Would You Recommend?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
Client wants to transfer domain address to me so I will be providing:
Hosting
Domain Renewal
Ensuring Site and Email Accounts are up and running
Minor adjustments (possibly once a quarter)

Please gurus in the house should advise how I may tailor my charges.

Thanks
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by nnamdiosu(m): 9:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
sonofthunder:
Client wants to transfer domain address to me so I will be providing:
Hosting
Domain Renewal
Ensuring Site and Email Accounts are up and running
Minor adjustments (possibly once a quarter)

Please gurus in the house should advise how I may tailor my charges.

Thanks

Hello bro, nice to meet you here...from Charlie's thread again.

To answer your question properly, there are a lot of options that you need to supply.
There are several types of hosting.so before you place a charge, or before we advise you, we need to know what kind of hosting do they want.

Is it a dedicated server, vps or just a WordPress hosting?

Also concerning the minor adjustments, this also varies. Is it normal test adjustments or is there a software.yoy need to be updating?
Will you be adding databases etc? In summary, what kind of site is it?

So once.yoy supply the above, we can provide you with a suitable answer.
Cheers friend.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
nnamdiosu:

Hello bro, nice to meet you here...from Charlie's thread again.

To answer your question properly, there are a lot of options that you need to supply.
There are several types of hosting.so before you place a charge, or before we advise you, we need to know what kind of hosting do they want.

Is it a dedicated server, vps or just a WordPress hosting?

Also concerning the minor adjustments, this also varies. Is it normal test adjustments or is there a software.yoy need to be updating?
Will you be adding databases etc? In summary, what kind of site is it?

So once.yoy supply the above, we can provide you with a suitable answer.
Cheers friend.

It's nice to have you here sir....... Been a while, hope all is great

A WordPress hosting will do. Adjustments aren't major, it would just entail updating information or changing images once in a while. It's a small company engaged in some engineering services. But I want to acquaint myself with what should be appropriate industry wise.

You seem to be a few steps ahead of me in this journey and it will be nice to learn a thing or two from you besides my question question above.

It's a pleasant surprise hearing from you. Thanks
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by nnamdiosu(m): 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
sonofthunder:

It's nice to have you here sir....... Been a while, hope all is great

A WordPress hosting will do. Adjustments aren't major, it would just entail updating information or changing images once in a while. It's a small company engaged in some engineering services. But I want to acquaint myself with what should be appropriate industry wise.

You seem to be a few steps ahead of me in this journey and it will be nice to learn a thing or two from you besides my question question above.

It's a pleasant surprise hearing from you. Thanks

Hello bro,
You are welcome.

Truth is, for this kind of task, there really isn't a common industry standard of charging. Many times, developers charge clients with work like this based on their personal relationship etc.

However, for hosting and domain renewal , 25k should be fine for a WordPress site that will have the capabilities you mentioned.

Then for updates they have two choices. Either they pay you a all fee monthly, (regardless of whether you update anything or not)...or they pay you a certain fee for every single.time you update.
Both have advantages and disadvantages. But since you said it's small modifications and image upload you will do, then 10-15k per task you do on the site will be fine.

Feel free to buzz me for any other issues and I'll help out if it's in my power. Take care bro
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
nnamdiosu:

Hello bro,
You are welcome.

Truth is, for this kind of task, there really isn't a common industry standard of charging. Many times, developers charge clients with work like this based on their personal relationship etc.

However, for hosting and domain renewal , 25k should be fine for a WordPress site that will have the capabilities you mentioned.

Then for updates they have two choices. Either they pay you a all fee monthly, (regardless of whether you update anything or not)...or they pay you a certain fee for every single.time you update.
Both have advantages and disadvantages. But since you said it's small modifications and image upload you will do, then 10-15k per task you do on the site will be fine.

Feel free to buzz me for any other issues and I'll help out if it's in my power. Take care bro

Thanks for your input sir, I do appreciate. I will take all you've said into consideration.

I'll try and reach out to you via pm or WhatsApp possibly by next month when I'm a little less busy. There are some areas I still need direction on with respect to web development.

Stay blessed sir!!!

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by nnamdiosu(m): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
sonofthunder:

Thanks for your input sir, I do appreciate. I will take all you've said into consideration.

I'll try and reach out to you via pm or WhatsApp possibly by next month when I'm a little less busy. There are some areas I still need direction on with respect to web development.

Stay blessed sir!!!

No problem.
Cheers
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by digitite: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
You are more or less a webmaster , so 30k per month is fine or installmental charge of 5k to 10k per action, depending on lines of codes. You can visit our hosting company for better direction. www.radialhosting.com.ng
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by bet9ja(m): 10:03am On Jan 27, 2022
digitite:
You are more or less a webmaster , so 30k per month is fine or installmental charge of 5k to 10k per action, depending on lines of codes. You can visit our hosting company for better direction. www.radialhosting.com.ng

Go with this advice.
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2022
digitite:

Thank you sir, I will check out your website
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by digitite: 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
sonofthunder:

Thank you sir, I will check out your website

You are welcome.

I am a developer in case you need further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out.
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2022
nnamdiosu:

Hello bro,
You are welcome.

Hello sir, good afternoon

Please what's the best way I can get across to you? There's a few things I need your help/guidance on.
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by nnamdiosu(m): 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
sonofthunder:

Hello sir, good afternoon

Please what's the best way I can get across to you? There's a few things I need your help/guidance on.

My oga, pm me I'll send my WhatsApp no to u
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by ify01: 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
I've been using Usijali Hosting for a while now. 2GB disk space and 5GB bandwidth at N510 for three months.

If what you are looking for is reliable hosting at a cheap price, I would recommend them:

www.usijalihosting.com/Astarter.php

Remember, expensive is not always quality.
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
nnamdiosu:

Done
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 9:46am On Apr 28, 2022
nnamdiosu:

Check your mail boss, thanks
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by nnamdiosu(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
sonofthunder:

Check your mail boss, thanks

I've replied, but if u don't get it, reply the mail and I'll send it again. Thanks
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by sonofthunder: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
nnamdiosu:

I've replied, but if u don't get it, reply the mail and I'll send it again. Thanks

Seen.... Thanks

I've sent a message
Re: How Much Would You Recommend As Charges by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2022
Guys this is our latest multi purpose website, check out, advice will be highly appreciated https://starnt.com.ng/index.php

(1) (Reply)

Programming Languages? They All The Same Language Afterall By Larry Okeke / Help Out! On SQL INJECTION / I Need A Strong Team Members To Work On A Big Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.