Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,775 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming (2425 Views)

Please Can You Recommend A Good Computer ICT Training Center? / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by Unlimited2022: 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2022
Can any one recommend an inverter that can power my laptop(65 watts), fan(80 watts) and some other devices?
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by donsheddy1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2022
Buy the one that can power your devices simple.
Unlimited2022:
Can any one recommend an inverter that can power my laptop(65 watts), fan(80 watts) and some other devices?
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by Unlimited2022: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2022
donsheddy1:
Buy the one that can power your devices simple.
Could you recommend anyone? Thanks.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by donsheddy1(m): 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
They don't come cheap. Go to the market with this specification and they'll suggest the one that works for your budget
Unlimited2022:

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by tollyboy5(m): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2022
Unlimited2022:
Send me a mail if you have UpTo 150k budget for inverter and solar.
Else if your budget is 100k then go for laptop power bank and solar panel.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2022
Unlimited2022:

There's nothing to recommend Sir.

Any solar panel that could charge a reChargeable battery of at least 100AH is OK.

Except you are looking for those Battery Banks marketed as Laptop Battery Banks.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2022
Unlimited2022:

If you're in Lagos/Ogun state, could assist you BUT know that anything having "SOLAR" in it's name rarely come cheap, even the inferior ones
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2022
tollyboy5:

Send me a mail if you have UpTo 150k budget for inverter and solar.
Else if your budget is 100k then go for laptop power bank and solar panel.

Even with 150k, he just would end up wasting that Money because even an average Good Durable Tokunbo battery would cost over 50,000 naira.

Add cost of Solar Panel + Charge Controller.

I never add miscellaneous costs Oooo.

And by the time he realizes that the Number of Loads it would carry is smaller than what a Tiger Generator (I better Pass My neighbor) would carry, he just might have change of Mind.

See OP, Buy New or Used (make sure no cracks/dents) solar Panel of at least 200Watts, and Battery of at least 100AH, then Packet Inverter (should cost less than 10,000). These should get you close to what you want.

But you go still get problem because Qualities varies a lot in market especially among Solar Panels, and batteries. it might be easy to buy an averagely good Solar panel, but you see Deep Cycle Batteries (aka Solar Batteries), except you know what you doing, you must FALL. And those sellers are 99.999% of the time, dubious. If care not taken, your batteries go dey begin useLess before end of 1-year.

If you're around Lagos/Ogun state, have at least 200,000 naira , I could be of Help BUT less than that, I wouldn't suggest jumping into Solar anything else you risk developing hatred for solar.

I know those who have been in such situation - they met those who used them to SHINE
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by tollyboy5(m): 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
bassdow:

Even with 150k, he just would end up wasting that Money because even an average Good Durable Tokunbo battery would cost over 50,000 naira.

Add cost of Solar Panel + Charge Controller.

I never add miscellaneous costs Oooo.

And by the time he realizes that the Number of Loads it would carry is smaller than what a Tiger Generator (I better Pass My neighbor) would carry, he just might have change of Mind.

See OP, Buy New or Used (make sure no cracks/dents) solar Panel of at least 200Watts, and Battery of at least 100AH, then Packet Inverter (should cost less than 10,000). These should get you close to what you want.

But you go still get problem because Qualities varies a lot in market especially among Solar Panels, and batteries. it might be easy to buy an averagely good Solar panel, but you see Deep Cycle Batteries (aka Solar Batteries), except you know what you doing, you must FALL. And those sellers are 99.999% of the time, dubious. If care not taken, your batteries go dey begin useLess before end of 1-year.

If you're around Lagos/Ogun state, have at least 200,000 naira , I could be of Help BUT less than that, I wouldn't suggest jumping into Solar anything else you risk developing hatred for solar.

I know those who have been in such situation - they met those who used them to SHINE
It's not compulsory you buy high end stuff. It's just small inverter. 2 ×40ah battery is enough.

I installed similar stuff recently at ₦120k but it was sachet inverter.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by airsaylongcome: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
Completely support bassdow on his points. I advice anyone going into Solar to save up first and ensure you go "premium". Naija Premium at least cos Premium dey pass Premium. I had dreams of getting a Tesla Power wall when I started considering solar. When I see bill my eye clear. Save up and go premium. Bought Solar panels last year for around ₦700k for 6 325W panels. I had previously been using an inverter for 4 years up until that point. I was advised to plan for new batteries as adding solar will cause old batteries to rapidly deteriorate. One year after and I am faced with a bill to buy new batteries. Apparently the premium batteries in Naija is a brand called Quanta (abi is it Quantas or Qanta). ₦250k+ for one. And I need to buy 4. I am not smiling right now cos I had been saving with previous projected cost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Completely support bassdow on his points. I advice anyone going into Solar to save up first and ensure you go "premium". Naija Premium at least cos Premium dey pass Premium. I had dreams of getting a Tesla Power wall when I started considering solar. When I see bill my eye clear. Save up and go premium. Bought Solar panels last year for around ₦700k for 6 325W panels. I had previously been using an inverter for 4 years up until that point. I was advised to plan for new batteries as adding solar will cause old batteries to rapidly deteriorate. One year after and I am faced with a bill to buy new batteries. Apparently the premium batteries in Naija is a brand called Quanta (abi is it Quantas or Qanta). ₦250k+ for one. And I need to buy 4. I am not smiling right now cos I had been saving with previous projected cost.

...and the more you delay, the more the COST changes.

Another thing most people (including some who call themselves installers / professionals) don't know is - to have a long lasting battery, at least do the following:

1. Buy at least New/Tokunbo quality batteries like Quanta, and the likes.

2. Ensure you know how much power you need so you SIZE your batteries accordingly. What that means is - if you buy 100AH batteries, ensure you at no time would be running it lower than 50%, hence anyOne buying 100AH battery actually needs 50AH battery or less, and anyOne buying 200AH battery actually needs <= 100AH battery. Hopefully those doing Serial/Parallel connections knows what to put into considerations.

3. If using Solar panels beyond 600 Watts, ensure you invest in a good (or at least average) MPPT charge controller especially if you not a PRO on electronics/electrical things.
Actually an MPPT charge controller is always Good, just that they are expensive especially for small projects BUT as soon as your solar array exceeds 600 Watts, try to have one because it really helps.

4. Don't bother much with those very expensive cables they sell - That wire PHCN uses to connect your compound light to their pole is very good and so much cheaper.

5. Packet inverters are somewhat energy efficient, but not durable. If buying anything bigger than Packet inverter, abeg invest in energy efficient Inverter.

6. Hardly should you trust anyOne in solar business except na your Mama and you sure say She no go cheat you (especially if She know say You no get). Atimes wahala no be say you buy something costly, but na say dem go still sell you nonsense after collecting big money - especially those that calls themselves professional.

7. That you're an Electrician/PHCN worker/Good with Electricity, is no guarantee you would understand Solar language.

8. You don't always need all the accessories they advertise for Solar. Most times, the basics are all you need, even on large installations.

NB: Depending on Size of Solar array, it's possible to skip using a CHARGE controller and have no issue.

PS: If you can't afford to go Full scale, start small & grow - Just be sure you know what you doing. Would have suggested you see a PRO, but lots of the so called PROs are after Fattening their wallets/Bank accounts. If care not taken, you just might have more experience than them.

PSS: Depending on size of solar array, One could get away luckily with running a solar installation without Charge Controller; but whoever doing that sure should know what they doing else at least use a cheap controller.

PSSS: SOLAR is expensive BUT, we make it more EXPENSIVE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by airsaylongcome: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
bassdow:

...and the more you delay, the more the COST changes.

Another thing most people (including some who call themselves installers / professionals) don't know is - to have a long lasting battery, at least do the following:

1. Buy at least New/Tokunbo quality batteries like Quanta, and the likes.

2. Ensure you know how much power you need so you SIZE your batteries accordingly. What that means is - if you buy 100AH batteries, ensure you at no time would be running it lower than 50%, hence anyOne buying 100AH battery actually needs 50AH battery or less, and anyOne buying 200AH battery actually needs <= 100AH battery. Hopefully those doing Serial/Parallel connections knows what to put into considerations.

3. If using Solar panels beyond 600 Watts, ensure you invest in a good (or at least average) MPPT charge controller especially if you not a PRO on electronics/electrical things.
Actually an MPPT charge controller is always Good, just that they are expensive especially for small projects BUT as soon as your solar array exceeds 600 Watts, try to have one because it really helps.

4. Don't bother much with those very expensive cables they sell - That wire PHCN uses to connect your compound light to their pole is very good and so much cheaper.

5. Packet inverters are somewhat energy efficient, but not durable. If buying anything bigger than Packet inverter, abeg invest in energy efficient Inverter.

6. Hardly should you trust anyOne in solar business except na your Mama and you sure say She no go cheat you (especially if She know say You no get). Atimes wahala no be say you buy something costly, but na say dem go still sell you nonsense after collecting big money - especially those that calls themselves professional.

7. That you're an Electrician/PHCN worker/Good with Electricity is no guarantee you would understand Solar language.

NB: Depending on Size of Solar array, it's possible to skip using a CHARGE controller and have no issue.

PS: If you can't afford to go Full scale, start small & grow - Just be sure you know what you doing. Would have suggested you see a PRO, but lots of the so called PROs are after making their wallets/Bank accounts fatter. If care not taken, you just might have more experience than them.

PSS: Depending on size of solar array, One could get away luckily with running a solar installation without Charge Controller; but whoever doing that sure should know what they doing else at least use a cheap controller.

PSSS: SOLAR is expensive BUT, we make it more EXPENSIVE

For me sha o, I no dey do anything without Charge controller. Yes you are right that you can run without one, but the quacks we have as installers and the fact that most people are not willing to invest time and energy reading and learning how best to optimize solar means anyone trying to run am with a controller is just dancing for the gods. Dem fit wound

And you are correct, the need to properly SIZE your setup is very paramount
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by airsaylongcome: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2022
Bassdow,
E be like you don chop ban I, this one wey I dey see say "dem" hide your post

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by Unlimited2022: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:
I'm thinking of buying Beebee jump s1 product but I don't know if its good enough and I haven't seen much reviews on it.

I just need something I can use to power my laptop and fan. Thanks
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 9:47am On Nov 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Bassdow,
E be like you don chop ban I, this one wey I dey see say "dem" hide your post

Don't mind Nairaland's (Bot) Naïve moderation. Na dem know wetin dem see wey make dem suspend me on Technology section. Would go ahead and rePost exactly what I posted that made it/them suspend me. because me just copied & Saved it pending when the suspension is lifted.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2022
Unlimited2022:

I'm thinking of buying Beebee jump s1 product but I don't know if its good enough and I haven't seen much reviews on it.

I just need something I can use to power my laptop and fan. Thanks

Should you need just power your Laptop & Fan, then approximately 150,000 naira should do you VERY well.

Just ensure the fan is DC fan.

Don't bother buying those fans they label Solar Fan - they mostly are expensive piece of crap. Just Buy a (Tokunbo) rechargeable fan and use that instead. Remove it's battery and connect it's terminals to the Solar battery (or to be safe, connect to DC terminal of the Charge controller)

Have no idea about the LINK you shared, but by default, I see such things as expensive compared to performance.

-Solar is Expensive
-We (those in the business) Make it More Expensive
-Our exchange rate + inflations, makes it MUCH MORE Expensive
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by airsaylongcome: 10:11am On Nov 16, 2022
@Bassdow

Is Solar really expensive? Considering that the initial cost to setup Cann be spread over 10years?
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 11:16am On Nov 16, 2022
tollyboy5:

It's not compulsory you buy high end stuff. It's just small inverter. 2 ×40ah battery is enough.

I installed similar stuff recently at ₦120k but it was sachet inverter.

if those 2 batteries are connected in series, means you shouldn't run it lower than 10AH (50%), and if it's in Parallel, means you shouldn't run it lower than 20AH if you want them to last longer.

See eh, with nature of my work & lifestyle, One of ma PC alone would chop over 5Amps within an hour and I have PCs that could last over 4-months without being restarted.

So you see, everyOne's requirements varies.

Now What happens during days of little sunShine or prolonged rainfall ?

OP whatever you do, abeg avoid those shinning Alaba batteries no matter their name/guarantee/warrantee/price.

Better buy Tokunbo quality battery. before now, they were somewhat cheap BUT nowadays, God help You.

If buying Tokunbo batteries, Ensure you (or have someone) who knows how to test them else kukuma Buy Brand New Quality Battery.
Someone made mention of Quanta, but please note there are somewhat cheaper alternatives outside Quanta that would still do a good job.
Also don't know BUT it's possible to imitate a Quality brand hence reason to be careful of where/whom you buy from.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:
@Bassdow

Is Solar really expensive? Considering that the initial cost to setup Cann be spread over 10years?

Care to enlighten us please.

That I share my thoughts here, doesn't mean I'm into the business full time. I just happen to know it well enough to help myself, especially since I run over 1,000 Watts of installation for personal use.

Hopefully, you not speaking of Buy now, and pay small small over a long period of time - because most times, that's sort of expensive compared to one who made outRight payment
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by bassdow: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2022
it's kinda obvious Nairaland suspended me on the technology section for about 3-days soley because I was a bit quick in making responses.

Wonderfully Made in Nigeria
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by 2special(m): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2023
Unlimited2022:
i was ban on the property section for dropping my number zero eight one six nine one zero two nine three WhatsApp
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by airsaylongcome: 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
bassdow:

Care to enlighten us please.

That I share my thoughts here, doesn't mean I'm into the business full time. I just happen to know it well enough to help myself, especially since I run over 1,000 Watts of installation for personal use.

Hopefully, you not speaking of Buy now, and pay small small over a long period of time - because most times, that's sort of expensive compared to one who made outRight payment

Literally seeing this over a year later lol. So what I meant is that while the initial capital outlay can be very expensive, you often don't need any further investment until roughly 10 years later. Assuming you get top quality batteries. My first foray into inverter ls was in 2015 and I did not replace batteries until 2022. In 2021 I added 2.4kw of solar panels and I have not experienced power blackout since then. Sure NEPA "takes light" but asides from the AC turning off, I don't experience even a temporary moment of blackout. I even have to intermittently switch of my fridge and freezer so they can defrost to avoid "over freezing". Add to that the non-monetary savings of not having to buy petrol which can be traumatic during scarcity. My gen sef I have to purposely turn it on intermittently to prevent it from going bad from lack of use.

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by CooldipoMPS: 10:17am On Jan 16
Unlimited2022:

The size of installation you will need is a function of how much runtime you need. Cooldipo range of MPS are one of your best bet out there!

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by RepoMan007: 2:20pm On Jan 19
Programmable type.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by talk2hb1(m): 10:43am On Jan 22
Unlimited2022:
Change your fan to all this 36watts rechargeable fans,
I will assume your consumption rate is 200 watts/hr.
You will need at least
a 200AH battery,
A charge controller,
An inverter (I’ll encourage you to get a pure sine wave inverter, which is a little bit expensive)
A 300watts panel.
Google these items and know your cost.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by fixzycode: 4:54pm On Jan 23
You are learning programming as a Nigerian have you visited codefixzy.com?

I guarantee you that your programming life will be a lot more easier if you follow those programming roadmaps on the site.

e.g

Check this out https://www.codefixzy.com/from-html-to-python-a-comprehensive-roadmap-for-beginner-programmers/

Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by Mojavee: 1:19pm On Feb 16
bassdow:

Could you pls recommend a solar panel for me,

Its been difficult to decide.
I am planning on getting a 350-400 watts solar panels for my 220ah tubular batteries.

Thanks

if those 2 batteries are connected in series, means you shouldn't run it lower than 10AH (50%), and if it's in Parallel, means you shouldn't run it lower than 20AH if you want them to last longer.

See eh, with nature of my work & lifestyle, One of ma PC alone would chop over 5Amps within an hour and I have PCs that could last over 4-months without being restarted.

So you see, everyOne's requirements varies.

Now What happens during days of little sunShine or prolonged rainfall ?

OP whatever you do, abeg avoid those shinning Alaba batteries no matter their name/guarantee/warrantee/price.

Better buy Tokunbo quality battery. before now, they were somewhat cheap BUT nowadays, God help You.

If buying Tokunbo batteries, Ensure you (or have someone) who knows how to test them else kukuma Buy Brand New Quality Battery.
Someone made mention of Quanta, but please note there are somewhat cheaper alternatives outside Quanta that would still do a good job.
Also don't know BUT it's possible to imitate a Quality brand hence reason to be careful of where/whom you buy from.
Re: What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming by shreygautam: 7:08am On Feb 21
For someone learning programming and looking to integrate it with a solar inverter, I would recommend starting with a simple, programmable microcontroller-based inverter. Microcontrollers like Arduino or Raspberry Pi can be used to control the inverter's operations and monitor its performance. These platforms offer a range of programming languages, with Python being particularly beginner-friendly.

Python's readability and simplicity make it an excellent choice for beginners learning to program. With Python, you can easily control the inverter's functions, such as regulating power output based on solar input or managing battery charging. Additionally, Python's extensive libraries, such as NumPy and SciPy, can help with data analysis and visualization, which are essential for monitoring a solar inverter's performance.

To get started, consider taking a Python course for beginners. This will provide you with the necessary foundational knowledge to begin programming the inverter effectively. As you progress, you can explore more advanced topics and incorporate additional sensors and controls into your solar inverter system.

(1) (Reply)

Vb.net Or C#.net / Enquiry On Accessing Bank Transfer API / Pls I Need A Good Hacking Teacher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.