Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? (16775 Views)

Eight New Year Resolutions To Grow Your Savings / I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / Help: I Want To Use My Car For Uber Taxi Portharcourt.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Bigpapi: 3:32am On Jan 25, 2022
DantataIsMyGuy:
Hello all. I'm a 25year old unemployed graduate. I finished my NYSC last year and i was able to save less than 50k. After spending 6months without any forthcoming job, I've used about 20k out of the money and all I'm left with in this life is 30k. I was introduced to a solar installation class during Nysc and i decided to give it a try.

The registration is about 21k plus transport to the venue will cost me about 30k for the 6months. I was told there would be a certificate after the training, but I'm still a bit skeptical about the course because i don't know how lucrative the skill is, because i once read a nairaland post on how a guy bought his panels and fixed it himself after going through the manuals.

So my question now is, should i invest my life savings on this course? Is it lucrative? Will the certificate matter at all? Can i build a career from it?

I just opened this account to hide my identity.
Please lalasticlala help me move this to front page please

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by sonety2k(m): 3:33am On Jan 25, 2022
DantataIsMyGuy:
Hello all. I'm a 25year old unemployed graduate. I finished my NYSC last year and i was able to save less than 50k. After spending 6months without any forthcoming job, I've used about 20k out of the money and all I'm left with in this life is 30k. I was introduced to a solar installation class during Nysc and i decided to give it a try.

The registration is about 21k plus transport to the venue will cost me about 30k for the 6months. I was told there would be a certificate after the training, but I'm still a bit skeptical about the course because i don't know how lucrative the skill is, because i once read a nairaland post on how a guy bought his panels and fixed it himself after going through the manuals.

So my question now is, should i invest my life savings on this course? Is it lucrative? Will the certificate matter at all? Can i build a career from it?

Please go for it
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by DMerciful(m): 3:35am On Jan 25, 2022
Don't. You can learn it on your own if you're a technical person.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by oyeb15: 3:36am On Jan 25, 2022
Invest as a middlemen. Solar installation is not difficult if you can learn fast.

There are some product you can buy in Lagos and sell in other parts of Nigeria making 100% profit
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by illicit(m): 3:42am On Jan 25, 2022
jaxxy:
B4 u invest in learning any business go those in the business and ask what their experience and challenges are.

Also check ur immediate environment and see if there are people inneed of such services.

6months is a long time to learn solar installation. What exactly do they wanna teach?? I would rather go and under study some doing the job itself.

As for the certificate it is useless unless u plan to use it to get a job in a solar company.

Have u tried to get a temporary teaching job?? I think they are easy to get depending on ur location.

Please avoid teaching

You may get stuck and waste progressive time

1 Like

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Stankovic22: 3:53am On Jan 25, 2022
That is not your life's savings but money you are using to hold your side. Keeping it will only amount to you spending on food or problem when the hunger hits hard... So my advise is to learn something with it but do you know what?

Avoid those yeye guys coming to NYSC camp to offer stupid training with certificate at the end. They are no different from Universities that churns graduate with no reasonable skill. They will just put you and probably 5 others in a class with one tiny yeye panel to illustrate rubbish for 6months and at the end you will leave with enough theoretical knowledge but no hands-on skill because you learnt in the class without going out to face real world problem. That is how many of us learnt CCNA in classrooms using home routers and switches but when we came out and saw industrial switches we were like dummies.

They are only interested in your money and will be fast to graduate you for another set to come once your 6months elapses

If you will swallow pride and do away with certificate mentality I will advise you look for where to learn as an apprentice, you pay, buy their drinks and sign the contract to learn for 2yrs or more.

The benefit is that, you get to learn the art deeply

You get to learn the business side of it

You get to go out with your boss or seniors and partake in industrial installation not the classroom own those guys will teach you.

You get to network with potential clients and build your contacts while still learning.

You get to meet other professionals like you (your colleagues).

Those are the benefits and now it is between you and your pride, If you can jilt salary and certificate mentality to stoop low as an apprentice to learn what could change your life forever.

The choice is yours... Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 25, 2022
DantataIsMyGuy:

Use it if you are 100% sure of getting jobs or you van work under someone after. Getting jobs may take longer in the field, and working under someone may be frustrating. Perhaps, you can get little jobs from electronics market places like Alaba in Lagos.

But really, it is a hard area to look into. It's like installing DSTV in those days. How many are doing it? And 90% of those doing it are DIY. Read the comments you have been getting. They mostly advise you to follow DIY instructions which are all over the internet. Most buying solar research it well before making s move. It doesnt mean they wont make mistake, but it means that those who have their presence online are likely to get jobs more. It is not about knowing it, but marketing yourself. It will be hard for you to market yourself at the initial stage.

I will advise you to learn modern marketing. This is the mistake make make. They learn skills without putting themselves out there. Who will call for your service when you are enclosed.

See...principalities and powers can only make humans not to favor you. They cant stop computer algorithms. Lol. You learn how to use google, facebook, linkedin, Instagram, twitter, pinterest, Tiktok, etc algorithms .....you are made for life. Village people will just be working in vain against you..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:38am On Jan 25, 2022
fk001:
The most confusing stage in life in this country is life after NYSC, you will be confused to the extent of doubting your existence.

Only few are lucky

It's just because you guys only go there to play and sleep around, with no thoughts about the future.

For those in the medical field, that's the most appropriate time they prepare for and write international licensing exams for re-location.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Enyimbamercedes: 4:42am On Jan 25, 2022
No.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Larryguy(m): 4:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Call this number for solar and inverter installation, training apprenticeship, buy and sell, repairs etc.
Emenike Energy Solutions Ltd

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by na2016: 4:56am On Jan 25, 2022
Kingbenn:
Young man gives it a try, a friend of mine is making a living out of it today. Although he is into an electric works as well, he does automation as well but trust me he is earning big in it. Not everyone can handle the job of solar installation themselves especially the youths of today who are so lazy in flushing their own shit in the toilet.

Trust God and give it a shot Cox no knowledge is a waste.

It's the electric works that give the guy the money, not solar installation. This OP should use the money he has for another thing or he can do manual labor to increase the funds and set up small biz for himself.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by ispeed(m): 5:32am On Jan 25, 2022
i can train you free of charge if yo are really serious . check my website www.zatdirect.com or chat me on 08088419088
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Enosa1(m): 5:33am On Jan 25, 2022
As an installer myself, I will advise you go for the skill, be more concerned about getting the hand_on pratical training not necessarily class room teaching or certificate and market yourself as much as possible.

Forget all this nairaland DIY, there are people that can't even go close to changing a light bulb talk less of installing solar. If you are in warri, you can send me a message for free training.

1 Like

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Livadesh: 5:39am On Jan 25, 2022
[quote author=DantataIsMyGuy post=109655243]Hello all. I'm a 25year old unemployed graduate. I finished my NYSC last year and i was able to save less than 50k. After spending 6months without any forthcoming job, I've used about 20k out of the money and all I'm left with in this life is 30k. I was introduced to a solar installation class during Nysc and i decided to give it a try.

30k is your life savings?
So if you lost the 30k, your hope is lost forever
My brother, you don't have a life yet. So get one. Most of you these nysc leavers don't know anything yet until you enter inside life and know wetin dey sup.
Go get a digital skill bro. Be obsessed and consistent at learning, Look for a very good mentor.. you'll thank me soon.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Spain007(m): 5:50am On Jan 25, 2022
chloride6:
If this wasn't a fresh account with no previous posts I would have sent you the money so that you can keep your life savings.

Lol, grin grin grin

You'll remember this post and laugh..

Yeah....I don't see the reason why he shld hide his ID.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by lailo: 5:51am On Jan 25, 2022
No. Use mine
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:56am On Jan 25, 2022
6 months to learn solar installation is long oo!!!

Some delay teaching for selfish reasons.

Are you job searching?

What are your other options of stuff to learn
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:01am On Jan 25, 2022
Seeing these children building solar I laugh, because when I was their age, I built same , from scratch, from materials I sourced from dustbin, I powered our house till this moment , even the batteries are made by me... no rocket science if you if knw how to use Google and YouTube
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by DonGtoG1(m): 6:19am On Jan 25, 2022
Where do you base/stay?

Drop your contact!.

DantataIsMyGuy:
CrazyMan 1forall mukina2
Please help me
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by sinola(m): 6:22am On Jan 25, 2022
The question is how much is your life savings in question cos I don't think that solar whatever cost that fortune besides it is always good to always try a new thing.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Crafteck1: 6:30am On Jan 25, 2022
Solar installation is easy, learn on your own, use your savings to run advert.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by keko14: 6:31am On Jan 25, 2022
Go for it I see future in this business.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by phorget(m): 6:40am On Jan 25, 2022
But op how will you survive for the 6months period and even after cos it's certain you not going to pick up jobs immediately you are done with your class.
I would have preferred you get a job maybe in hotels or gas station and if you are the brilliant type then you can go for private school teaching job and you'll supplement it with extra coaching class. The job will help you save up more funds and then you can proceed in learning the skill afterwards.
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Nezzjnr: 6:55am On Jan 25, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Let me check....

[img]https://c./jMxQwnzIBJMAAAAd/trump-coin.gif[/img]
This guy you no well cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Login12: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2022
suffering:
I will say yes. That thirty thousand you’ll invest into the skill will quadruple in one or two installations. I’m going through the same situation although for a different skill. I will not regret going for the training.

May God reward you for telling this guy the gospel truth up listen to him
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by handsomeyinka(m): 7:06am On Jan 25, 2022
He be like say devil want to rent you..
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by R0LL0N(m): 7:13am On Jan 25, 2022
Starz825:
Life savings- 30k...
Na wa for you oo

Don't use the word *life savings*...
It sounds somehow.... undecided

I get 30k be say I get 30k...

Anyway you can go ahead...I give you my blessings...
May you prosper in Jesus name amen

Na Nysc saving be this no be life o. Life savings na pension. Na you born am ni grin
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Nellsworld(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2022
I will say learn under an electrical shop that both offer both electrical installation and solar, here in Asaba, big electrical shops do the two, so that u can install solar for the rich and average classes and do electrical work for the poor, the middle class and the rich

2 Likes

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Alfa123: 7:18am On Jan 25, 2022
ashjay001:

If you're based in the north, speak hausa and you're trustworthy, I can feed you while teaching you for free. It's free labour for me, though I will tip u. Nothing like hands on training sha and I'm currently on a job.
For every diy, we have 100s of non-technical individuals who will pay you to get it done.

Am based in d north am interested
Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by octoberman: 7:36am On Jan 25, 2022
Please anyone around University of Abuja,I am interested in this Practical Solar training,I am 40+,I am ready to pay stipend, although I studied Chemistry, but would like to develop my interest in Solar Installation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? by Dshocker(m): 7:41am On Jan 25, 2022
DantataIsMyGuy:

What the hell is wrong with you?
When i was opening the thread,i was hoping to see N5m as life savings not 50k,and inside the 50k you have spent half of it grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy / Zenith Bank New Salary Package / How To Learn A New Skill In 20 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.