Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice (21424 Views)

FG Postpones Students Loan Indefinitely / Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN / FG Postpones Population Census To May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by wolexgod(m): 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
The fear of 2023 election
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by Funkybabee(f): 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Election things
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by meedoLock(m): 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
linearity:

All na election IGG, they will never remove the subsidy until after the election.

I even expect the price of cement, fuel, rice, etc to fall drastically this year into next year and heavily subsidized at the backend by the FG, but they will ‘sell’ these lower prices to masses as the good work of the FG now yielding fruits and more reason they should be returned to power.

Immediately after elections, it will be another hike!

Abeg help consult them ooo. Make them elep reduce cement, nigas got a project eating cement at hand as I speak.

The money for a bag dey give me headache already I swear. cry cry cry
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by meedoLock(m): 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Zico5:
These people know they can't try to remove the subsidy. This country will burn and they know it. The level of suffering from the masses is something else. So they must thread softly. Even the rich are feeling it currently.

My dear brother, they aren't under any threat from anywhere, it will not be the first and heaven will not come down should they reduce it. We will just keep lamenting thy kindom come, my naiaj pple,we blve we can take any anomalies our leaders throws at us to our detriment.

Moreover, it's not in our habit to challenge them, our labour forces are toothless and can compromise anytime at the sight of a brown envelope or monetary dialogue.

Africans are not just created to fight for their right

However, the event of not reducing is to play safe for their 2023 kingmaking's time as others have rightly suggested.
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by bejeria101(m): 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
The dull.ard dey fear? Lol
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by NGpatriot: 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
Zico5:
These people know they can't try to remove the subsidy. This country will burn and they know it. The level of suffering from the masses is something else. So they must thread softly. Even the rich are feeling it currently.

Who go burn am?

Eventually den go remove am and nothing go happen.
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by Solababa91(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2022
I agree with you but the govt needs to be sincere and be ACCOUNTABLE, not running a public entity like a Sole proprietorship, there are some beneficial steps govt would have want to take but the populace kick against them because, they've failed them times without number, hence there is breech of trust. We've learnt in the past there is "SUBSIDY SCAM" Government have refused to let Nigerians know the real landing cost of fuel, let us know how much you're subsidizing, all we've hearing are all hear say. You now see where the problem lies? Like I said earlier Diesel and kerosene keeps increasing by the day, if our inevitable petrol" is made to tow same path, a year from now a liter of fuel may go as high as 500/ltr. Don't forget inflation rate keeps increasing with govt finding it increasingly difficult to pay salaries especially State govts due to their selfish interests (Yes, when you go through budget proposals you undestand why I said it's due to their selfish interests)
backbencher:

Well, all in all, if the refineries are privatized, and subsidy is removed so that they make money from the profits they make, not the subsides they get, then I guess we would have running refineries.

The problem with subsidy really is that the source of money from subsidy is from crude oil revenue, which is never stable, and never sufficient.

Subsides also prevent profits being made....especially since the subsidized price is less than the cost of production per liter...subsidy is supposed to cover the difference. That's how we lost our refineries. In the good old days, we subsidized fuel, but kept the price above the cost of production. Then in the late 1980's, the subsidized price went below the cost of production, funding for salaries started coming from government money, and here we are.

I think that subsidy should go, and the refineries should be allowed to sell fuel at a price that guarantees them a profit, as well as the marketers. Yes, we would pay high prices for fuel, but there would be enough profit for maintenance, expansion, salaries, etc etc...and government need not spend money on subventions and subsidies.
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by Artbydris(m): 7:39am On Jan 25, 2022
Lol
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by Fourwinds: 7:51am On Jan 25, 2022
phr0nesis:
This is the period politicians suddenly become humane. Except more kind gestures and policies from these evil men in the coming days. I just hope we don't lose our guards

Thank you my brother...some useless idiots even in this forum will still end up voting the useless party...it is because of election that is why they are behaving humane... Useless terrorist president
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by Fourwinds: 7:56am On Jan 25, 2022
NGpatriot:

Who go burn am?

Eventually den go remove am and nothing go happen.

They should have gone ahead to remove it now...we know it is because of election they suspended it....idiots everywhere
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 25, 2022
Solababa91:
I agree with you but the govt needs to be sincere and be ACCOUNTABLE, not running a public entity like a Sole proprietorship, there are some beneficial steps govt would have want to take but the populace kick against them because, they've failed them times without number, hence there is breech of trust. We've learnt in the past there is "SUBSIDY SCAM" Government have refused to let Nigerians know the real landing cost of fuel, let us know how much you're subsidizing, all we've hearing are all hear say. You now see where the problem lies? Like I said earlier Diesel and kerosene keeps increasing by the day, if our inevitable petrol" is made to tow same path, a year from now a liter of fuel may go as high as 500/ltr. Don't forget inflation rate keeps increasing with govt finding it increasingly difficult to pay salaries especially State govts due to their selfish interests (Yes, when you go through budget proposals you undestand why I said it's due to their selfish interests)

Well, would you support government not allowing you to increase the price of the products that you sell?

Price controls is not a fit way to run an economy.

You don't want subsidies removed because you fear the price increase. Well, the price we paid for subsidy was skimping on maintenance of our refineries, and a lot of stealing of government money, as well as millions lost in smuggling fuel out of the country to all our neighbors.

Prices rise. It's the reason why I don't pay n1.50K for coke today, like I did some thirty years ago. And in Nigeria, subsidy is ironically a reason why prices are rising...because we spend vital forex funding it...forex that could have been used to keep the value of the naira higher.

And because investors (Dangote is taking a big risk..) don't want to invest in an economy where the prices of the product are set by government, and below production cost even, and the subsidy they would be paid...won't cover the loss.(which is why we are crying Dangote Monopoly. Without subsidy, Dangote would have had competitors by now)..which means we don't get extra billions in forex coming into our country which could have kept the value of the naira low.
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by phr0nesis(m): 11:06am On Jan 25, 2022
Fourwinds:

Thank you my brother...some useless idiots even in this forum will still end up voting the useless party...it is because of election that is why they are behaving humane... Useless terrorist president
People that have sold their future for one bag of rice

1 Like

Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:23am On Jan 25, 2022
ELECTION2023 MANTRA FOR NIGERIANS ALIVE:
STOP SENSELESS KILLINGS, YOU ARE NOT GOD.undecided
MAKE EFFORTS TO OFFER REASONABLE SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS OF NIGERIA undecided
STOP CELEBRATING EVIL RICHES undecided
STOP BEHAVING LIKE VULTURES!
STOP DO OR DIE,POLITICS! angry
STOP FOLLOWING POLITICIANS WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS THEIR JUDGMENT DAY HAS COME!
STOP YOUR VULGAR, DRUG AND CRIME LIFESTYLE!
STOP FOLLOWING FAKE PASTORS WITH MONEY MOTIVES! undecided
STOP BEHAVING LIKE SAVAGES! undecided
STOP BEHAVING LIKE ANIMALS.BESTIALITY IS THE BANE OF AFRICA'S UNDERDEVELOPMENT! undecided
BEHAVE IN NIGERIA THE SANE AND ORDERLY WAY YOU BEHAVE IN EUROPE AND AMERICA,STOP BEING AN ANIMAL! undecided
PASS THIS MESSAGE ONTO 290MILLION NIGERIANS WORLDWIDE kiss
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2022
STOP DOING DEad THINGS! angry
STOP FOLLOWING POLITICIANS WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS THEIR JUDGMENT DAY HAS COME!
STOP BEHAVING LIKE ANIMALS.BESTIALITY IS THE BANE OF AFRICA'S UNDERDEVELOPMENT! undecided
BEHAVE IN NIGERIA THE SANE AND ORDERLY WAY YOU BEHAVE IN EUROPE AND AMERICA,STOP BEING AN ANIMAL! undecided
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2022

IF YOU ARE A NIGERIAN PREACHER OR LEADER,BUT WHAT YOU PREACH IS NOT SHOWING TANGIBLE EVIDENCE OF PROMOTING PEACE,OR COMPASSION,OR GENUEINE SENSES OF CONCERN FOR OTHERS WELBEING OF THE POOR,THE HUNGRY,HOMELESS,JOBLESS ETC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHWOcz8c_Q
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2022

IF YOU ARE A NIGERIAN PREACHER OR LEADER,BUT WHAT YOU PREACH IS NOT SHOWING TANGIBLE EVIDENCE OF PROMOTING PEACE,OR COMPASSION,OR CONTENTMENT OR MODERATE LIFE OR UPRIGHTNESS, OR GENUEINE SENSES OF CONCERN FOR OTHERS WELBEING OF THE POOR,THE HUNGRY,HOMELESS,JOBLESS ETC. ULTIMATELY YOU ARE FAKE AND WORK IS NOT IMPACTING SOCIETY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHWOcz8c_Q
Re: FG Postpones Fuel Subsidy Removal Till Further Notice by kohen: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
Dem no born dem well to remove subsidy before election cos it will spell DOOM for APC. They will subsidise till after election and then, BOOM...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deliver Less Than 50% Votes And See Trouble – Wike Threatens Council Chairman / Fayose Behind Fuel Scarcity, APC Alleges / Reps Gather 113 Signatures For Dogara, Jibrin Probe By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.