Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,326 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule (7930 Views)

Peter Obi strongly condemns Attack on Labour Party supporters In Lagos today / Nigerian Government Condemns Coup D'Etat In Guinea / FG Condemns Mali Coup, Demands Return To Constitutional Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by yuping(m): 8:41am On Jan 25, 2022
undecided
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Buksaylor: 8:43am On Jan 25, 2022
fergie0o1:
@Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

SOURCE

Do you think you would have been in a position to condemn if we were not cowards...
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 25, 2022
Hmmm I hope this doesn’t give military generals in other African counties any ideas. They be like “so it’s this easy”? Who’s to say it can’t happen in Nigeria.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Bolaji26(m): 8:48am On Jan 25, 2022
Can such a thing happen in Nigeria??

I doubt it
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Lordave: 8:51am On Jan 25, 2022
Lol

Obviously, Buhari has been having uncontrollable wet nights since the news of this coup got to him.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by President2001(m): 8:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Bad gorvement always lead to coup

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Onepeople: 8:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Formularcr7:
Why not wait for elections
oga wait for which election? The election outcome that will be spearheaded by the same corrupt government? I know you are commenting as a Nigerian who believe more in hypocrisy than reality.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:55am On Jan 25, 2022
Why is all this happening in franch speaking africa countries

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by tyemi4509(m): 8:57am On Jan 25, 2022
Very soon,the nigerian army will take over power from buhari government.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by adeyemoabiola9: 8:57am On Jan 25, 2022
military government in burkina faso and burkina faso in the quarter final of the nations cup, democratic government in nigeri and Nigeria out of the nations cup. Military government comes with fortunes

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 25, 2022
Buhari has no right to condemn coup. Was he not a part of July 1966 revenge/rematch coup? Was he not leader of coup that removed shagari? Animal
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by adeyemoabiola9: 9:00am On Jan 25, 2022
for your new laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, copiers, projectors, and accessories please contact me @compovine technologies limited on 08167777552
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Maj196(m): 9:04am On Jan 25, 2022
No worry una go soon collect to
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:08am On Jan 25, 2022
Tyrant government too dey talk angry
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by snoopz: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2022
Nigeria should get her house in order before talking
Nigeria sef dey on the edge of coup from the youths
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Joyless004: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2022
PapaNnamdi:
Naija matter no concern me again,

After I saw youths campaigning for thiefnunbu ojuyobo on this platform,
I don give up on naija

Especially most youths who started the endsars campaign. This is the reason I refused taking anyone serious in this country.

Imagine those who knew what happened in oct 2020 n those behind it still campaigning for one of the master planners of those murder cases recorded. People are horrible.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by dhope: 9:24am On Jan 25, 2022
ValCon888:
Before we condemn the coup in another country, let us first condemn the bad governance of this failed administration.

Let us condemn the sleaze and corruption, the naira inflation and the high cost of goods and services.

I see the no practical use of a democracy that stings the people more than the whip lashes of a dictatorship.
Don't mind the person condemning another person. If not because Nigeria politicians have bribed the military top hierarchy, Coup d'etat is overdue here too. Democracy in this part of the world is nonsense and not working. It's not Nigeria government that will condemn this Coup d'etat but the citizens of Burkina Faso because they're the one that know where the shoe pinches

3 Likes

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by angelfallz(m): 9:32am On Jan 25, 2022
I hope the Nigerian army is seeing their mates in other countries?
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Acesexcell(m): 9:34am On Jan 25, 2022
HolarQD:
Looking at the Nigerian situation, one wonders why, after so many years of negligent leadership in the name of democracy, there has been no courageous move by the Nigerian army to rescue the nation. But then, when one considered, albeit carefully, the cause of the rot in Nigerian leadership system, then one accept that the Nigerian Army leadership system is more ineffective and corrupt than their democratic counterparts. This reality, confirms that the Nigerian people seemed to be doomed in all fronts, because there’s apparently lack of hope or succor coming from anywhere.

This situation in Burkina Faso, is virtually obtainable in most African countries because like that of Nigeria, all systems of leadership is ineffective and senselessly corrupt. To move forward, there’s need for Africans to create a form of government away from military autocratic and democratic systems. Evidence has shown that these two systems has contributed little or nothing to the development of most African countries.

Africans need to understand that the emotional and mental capacity, socio-economic characteristics, cultural and moral ideology, religiosity and spirituality plays major roles in choosing a leadership system that works for a group of people.

Democracy, same as military autocracy has not and can not work to develop any African country to the extent where Africa will be respected all over the world. Researchers should do more to create an hybrid kind of system that would be effective in leadership administration of the African people.
exactly what I was discussing with my couleagues. It's because our is as corrupt as the politicians
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by angelfallz(m): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2022
Well said
I have always felt that democracy, as practiced by Africans does not suit us. African countries are too heterogenous(made up of different tribes) for the kind of democracy we are practicing. The west can practice this form of democracy because they are homogenous(essentially one tribe, no different culture or language)

HolarQD:
Looking at the Nigerian situation, one wonders why, after so many years of negligent leadership in the name of democracy, there has been no courageous move by the Nigerian army to rescue the nation. But then, when one considered, albeit carefully, the cause of the rot in Nigerian leadership system, then one accept that the Nigerian Army leadership system is more ineffective and corrupt than their democratic counterparts. This reality, confirms that the Nigerian people seemed to be doomed in all fronts, because there’s apparently lack of hope or succor coming from anywhere.

This situation in Burkina Faso, is virtually obtainable in most African countries because like that of Nigeria, all systems of leadership is ineffective and senselessly corrupt. To move forward, there’s need for Africans to create a form of government away from military autocratic and democratic systems. Evidence has shown that these two systems has contributed little or nothing to the development of most African countries.

Africans need to understand that the emotional and mental capacity, socio-economic characteristics, cultural and moral ideology, religiosity and spirituality plays major roles in choosing a leadership system that works for a group of people.

Democracy, same as military autocracy has not and can not work to develop any African country to the extent where Africa will be respected all over the world. Researchers should do more to create an hybrid kind of system that would be effective in leadership administration of the African people.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Quiny32323: 9:40am On Jan 25, 2022
Our civilian soldiers na Sisi, even though this govt have dealt with them still they can't summon courage to do the necessary.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by angelfallz(m): 9:41am On Jan 25, 2022
I don't think so. Is it our civilian men that have sense?
At least the military built refineries that were working, but the civilian leaders destroyed the refineries so that they could be importing fuel and enriching themselves.
The military sold lands to the citizens(my father bought land from the military government) the civilians sold lands to themselves. Same thing happened with NEPA, the civilian leaders sold NEPA to themselves.

Personally, I am not afraid of military rule, Buhari has finished us already, what is the worst thing the military would do to us?

Deicide:
Coup would be the worst thing to happen in Nigeria, cause our military men no get sense.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by angelfallz(m): 9:45am On Jan 25, 2022
I swear

adecz:
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided undecided
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

⏩⏩Our sojas dey fall our hand❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by ablejesus26(m): 9:46am On Jan 25, 2022
Bubu now making people wish for a coup.
What cluelessness and failure can't do does not exist �
Guys let's not wish for something evil ooo.
Military rule no be maimai ooo.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Pootle: 9:49am On Jan 25, 2022
our own wey dey load
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by techWriter3: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2022
A JUNTAist denouncing JUNTA? marvels shall never beginning.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by faste: 10:15am On Jan 25, 2022
LilyColin:
We need coup in this jungle asap
It is clear you were born less than twenty years ago.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by faste: 10:20am On Jan 25, 2022
Acesexcell:
exactly what I was discussing with my couleagues. It's because our is as corrupt as the politicians
More corrupt and more useless,senseless than the politician ..the solution is to split the country into smaller unit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by faste: 10:23am On Jan 25, 2022
ablejesus26:
Bubu now making people wish for a coup.
What cluelessness and failure can't do does not exist �
Guys let's not wish for something evil ooo.
Military rule no be maimai ooo.
Those idiots above us. calling for coup are clearly teenagers.
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Tetrahedron: 10:31am On Jan 25, 2022
tyemi4509:
Very soon,the nigerian army will take over power from buhari government.

Unfortunately all military chiefs in Nigeria belong to one political party or the other
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by Tvoice: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2022
Una never fix una motor engine wey spoil una dey advice another person wey him tire dey lick , una forget say una nor be gaint of Africa again abi , make una dey deceive una sef
Re: Burkina Faso: Nigeria Strongly Condemns Coup, Demands Return Of Civil Rule by wink2015(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2022
KHAKI BOYS ARE COMING TO TAKE OVER POWER IN NIGERIA.

it has happened in at least three ( 3 ) french speaking west africa countries.

1. Guinea
2. Mali
3 Boukina Faso

Nigeria will not be different going by the political fever that has charasterised the two major political party in Nigeria.

IT WILL NOT BE LONG BEFORE THE MILITARY STRUCK IN NIGERIA.

French West Africa is prone to military coup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Ojadah Gifts Over 450 Arise O Nigeria Members With Xmas Packages / APC May Be Kicked Out Of Power In 2027 - Salihu Lukman Warns / Governorship Election: FG Orders Closure Of Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.