Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,221 members, 7,825,844 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South (8131 Views)

Ohaneze Youths Threaten Not To Support PDP If Atiku Gets 2023 Ticket / 2023: If Presidency Were Zoned To The South-West, Who Would Be Your Choice? / Oshiomhole Threatens To Suspend Ngige: If Presidency Condones Disrespect.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by BJanta: 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
Blogsphere:
[b]Reset Nigeria calls for President of Southern extraction, threatens to vote against PDP if they zone presidency to North[/b]1

https://leaders.ng/reset-nigeria-calls-for-president-of-southern-extraction-threatens-to-vote-against-pdp-if-they-zone-presidency-to-north/

Na you sabi.
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by waziri4biz: 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
ManMountain:

Just like North is seen as one in the South, the North sees the South as one.

If you want the Yorubas to support you, you all have to come and Dobale for Tinubu in Bourdillon and apologize for all your years of intransigence about Yoruba superiority
It is stupid of you to ask regions with great reputable leaders to apologize to Tinubu for what stupid intransigence. So you think we are slave minded like you....
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by madridsta007(m): 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hisbah21:
i'm just eager to see the primary elections of Apc and Pdp

They are both waiting for each other to make the first move.

2 Likes

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by stickle(m): 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2022
EastisBae:
Rubbish!!!

If APC allows any questionable character with dubious past like Tinubu to emerge, then by all means, PDP should give their ticket to Atiku.

He who must come to equity must come with clean hands!!
By your submission, nobody in the south can defeat Tinubu?

3 Likes

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by stickle(m): 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
GreatGod906:
so atiku doesn't have dubious past

Have u forgotten Halliburton scandal?
What about ptdf fund?
Have u read what obj wrote about atiku in my watch?

If u believe tinubu doesn't deserve it cos he's dubious n atiku deserves it then u are not ok.

The hatred for Tinubu is neither age nor corruption. It is purely hatred borne out of jealousy because what Tinubu is being accused of is a constant in all politicians Buhari inclusive.
Tinubu's ability to remain relevant till date is a nightmare to many. But come to think of it, if any of their leaders understand Tinubu formular they would have implemented it. Kalu installed Orji it ended in bitterness, Obi installed the outgoing Anambra governor and it ended in tears, the list is endless. All politicians want to continue to be relevant but not all can bring it to fruition

3 Likes

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by ManMountain(m): 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
waziri4biz:

It is stupid of you to ask regions with great reputable leaders to apologize to Tinubu for what stupid intransigence. So you think we are slave minded like you....

Lol. You are not only slaves, you are also a dot. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by colorsofrainbow: 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
tutudesz:
Every right thinking person should support power coming back South and any Southerner campaigning for a Northerner candidate is sick upstairs

I better support shekau than support Tinubu is the Southern candidate you have in mind.

Anyother Southern candidate is a go go as long as Tinubu isn't the one
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by GreatGod906: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
stickle:

The hatred for Tinubu is neither age nor corruption. It is purely hatred borne out of jealousy because what Tinubu is being accused of is a constant in all politicians Buhari inclusive.
Tinubu's ability to remain relevant till date is a nightmare to many. But come to think of it, if any of their leaders understand Tinubu formular they would have implemented it. Kalu installed Orji it ended in bitterness, Obi installed the outgoing Anambra governor and it ended in tears, the list is endless. All politicians want to continue to be relevant but not all can bring it to fruition
God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by AntonVince: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
[s]
tutudesz:
Every right thinking person should support power coming back South and any Southerner campaigning for a Northerner candidate is sick upstairs
[/s]

The real sick ones are those Southerners who worked with so much doggedness to unseat a fellow Southerner for Buhari in 2015.
All these phantom groups bankrolled by Tinubu are wasting their time.

The reward for treachery is more treachery.
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by tutudesz: 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
AntonVince:
[s][/s]

The real sick ones are those Southerners who worked with so much doggedness to unseat a fellow Southerner for Buhari in 2015.

How is a known group in PDP Sponsored by Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by tutudesz: 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

I better support shekau than support Tinubu if Tinuhunis the Southern candidate you have in mind.

Anyother Southern candidate is a go go as long as Tinubu isn't the one
Guy is the Tinubu the only Southerners eyeing the presidency My support is for South South candidate only

2 Likes

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by tesppidd: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
TheABOMINATION:
As long as Atiku swear to step down for South East after four years, I am willing to support him.
Swears with what?

Koran or Amadioha.?

Just say you want to continue succking fulani balls and stop lying to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by tesppidd: 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
AntonVince:
[s][/s]

No the real sick ones are the ones who are ready to vote for a Northerner after 8 straight years of Buhari.

As at 2015, the South had done 13 years of democracy while the North had done only 3.

Voting against Jonathan was no treachery, the treachery is voting a Norther again in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by Deadlytruth(m): 3:52am On Jan 26, 2022
edochie12:
When the power was in the south,the yorubas connive with the north and the south lost the presidency to the north,now you are talking about southern presidency,if you can't microzone it to southeast,let everyone contest irrespective of their region.

Jonathan's presidency was actually a usurpation of the North's turn in PDP. Please recall that power was still supposed to be in the North when Jonathan, with the support of Igbos, forcefully took it away from them.

1 Like

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by Deadlytruth(m): 4:09am On Jan 26, 2022
AntonVince:
[s][/s]

So what do we say of those who worked with Jonathan in 2011 to unseat Northerners when their turn had not ended thus doing treachery against Northerners and destroying the zoning agreement which they and Jonathan all agreed to within PDP right from 1999?
There is nothing like Southern Nigeria interest in politics of Nigeria. It is either North aligning with SE against the SW or North aligning with the SW against the SE so stop talking about anyone working with the North to unseat a 'fellow' southerner as if there is any political fellowship in the South.

1 Like

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by AntonVince: 8:46am On Jan 26, 2022
Deadlytruth:

So what do we say of those who worked with Jonathan in 2011 to unseat Northerners when their turn had not ended thus doing treachery against Northerners and destroying the zoning agreement which they and Jonathan all agreed to within PDP right from 1999?
There is nothing like Southern Nigeria interest in politics of Nigeria. It is either North aligning with SE against the SW or North aligning with the SW against the SE so stop talking about anyone working with the North to unseat a 'fellow' southerner as if there is any political fellowship in the South.

Nobody worked with Jonathan to unseat any Northerner. The core north never at any time voted Jonathan.
I completely agree though with the bolded portion. That has always been my position. In reality, there is no "Southern" Nigeria.
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by Deadlytruth(m): 11:16am On Jan 26, 2022
AntonVince:

Nobody worked with Jonathan to unseat any Northerner. The core north never at any time voted Jonathan.
I completely agree though with the bolded portion. That has always been my position. In reality, there is no "Southern" Nigeria.
So the core North alone is the majority in Nigeria?
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by AntonVince: 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
Deadlytruth:

So the core North alone is the majority in Nigeria?

No part of my comment implies that.
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by Deadlytruth(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
AntonVince:

No part of my comment implies that.
That Jonathan lost solely on account of Core North's hatred for him. But on the contrary he won inspite of the core North's hatred in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by AntonVince: 3:17pm On Jan 26, 2022
Deadlytruth:

[s]That Jonathan lost solely on account of Core North's hatred for him[/s]. But on the contrary he won inspite of the core North's hatred in 2011.

This has always been my position.
See a snip from some of my recent posts.

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by waziri4biz: 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
ManMountain:

Lol. You are not only slaves, you are also a dot. grin cheesy
And someone still calls you their child with your reasoning wow
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by ManMountain(m): 5:07am On Jan 27, 2022
waziri4biz:

And someone still calls you their child with your reasoning wow

You’ve made a comment now abi? grin
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by Deadlytruth(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2022
AntonVince:

This has always been my position.
See a snip from some of my recent posts.

In an attempt to substantiate your claim that NW and NE never voted for Obasanjo or Jonathan, you started talking about how Buhari won in some of them in different elections. Aren't you supposed to just furnish your readers with the figures from those elections?
If you may know, Obasanjo won Adamawa, Taraba, Bauchi, Gombe, and many other NE and NW states which constitute the Core North. Only Jonathan could be said to have lost the Core North. But then the question becomes why Jonathan decided to dump the middle belt and SW where he got votes and rather decided to start trying to please the same Core-North which hated him?

1 Like

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by asanausana91: 9:38am On Jan 29, 2022
onuman:

It's only an enemy of Nigeria who will not agree that a southern Nigerian must succeed President Buhari.

It's only an enemy of Nigeria in the south of Nigeria who will not agree that it's the turn of the Igbo to present a successor to President Buhari.
was it an enemy of Nigeria that told GEJ to contest in 2011 instead of allowing a Northerner to complete Yar'adua tenure?
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by AntonVince: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2022
Deadlytruth:

In an attempt to substantiate your claim that NW and NE never voted for Obasanjo or Jonathan, you started talking about how Buhari won in some of them in different elections. Aren't you supposed to just furnish your readers with the figures from those elections?
If you may know, Obasanjo won Adamawa, Taraba, Bauchi, Gombe, and many other NE and NW states which constitute the Core North. Only Jonathan could be said to have lost the Core North. But then the question becomes why Jonathan decided to dump the middle belt and SW where he got votes and rather decided to start trying to please the same Core-North which hated him?

Deadlytruth:

In an attempt to substantiate your claim that NW and NE never voted for Obasanjo or Jonathan

It's not a claim but an incontrovertible fact.
Refer to INEC's official results of 2003, 2011 and 2015.
Link below:
https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2003.html

Deadlytruth:

If you may know, Obasanjo won Adamawa, Taraba, Bauchi, Gombe, and many other NE and NW states which constitute the Core North

Why lie so brazenly, Mr., when the results are available online for everyone to see. I have attached the results in the NE and NW for 2003 to expose your lies. Please show us where OBJ won.
grin
As I indicated earlier, neither OBJ nor GEJ won a single core Muslim state in the NE or NW against Buhari, and that is a fact. Taraba is a Christian state, and to some extent Adamawa which explains why they'd expectedly tilt away from Buhari and his ANPP/CPC that made religion the core of their campaign.

Deadlytruth:

Jonathan could be said to have lost the Core North

There's nothing like "could be said".
Every available fact (from INEC's official results of 2003, 2011 and 2015) shows that neither GEJ nor OBJ ever won a single core-Muslim state against Buhari...and that is my point.

The core north only votes religion.

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2003.html

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by Deadlytruth(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2022
AntonVince:

It's not a claim but an incontrovertible fact.
Refer to INEC's official results of 2003, 2011 and 2015.
Link below:

Why lie so brazenly, Mr., when the results are available online for everyone to see. I have attached the results in the NE and NW for 2003 to expose your lies. Please show us where OBJ won.
grin
As I indicated earlier, neither OBJ nor GEJ won a single core Muslim state in the NE or NW against Buhari, and that is a fact. Taraba is a Christian state, and to some extent Adamawa which explains why they'd expectedly tilt away from Buhari and his ANPP/CPC that made religion the core of their campaign.

There's nothing like "could be said".
Every available fact (from INEC's official results of 2003, 2011 and 2015) shows that neither GEJ nor OBJ ever won a single core-Muslim state against Buhari...and that is my point.

The core north only votes religion.

2003, 2007 elections remain the least credible elections in the history of Nigeria for anyone to base any political demographics theory on. Even The declared winner of 2007 election admitted that it was a sham. The international observers said same. 2003 election wasn't any different.
My reference therefore is 1999 in which Obasanjo swept a lot of Core North states in a free and fair atmosphere.
Find below core North figures from the peaceful and genuinely credible 1999 election.
https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-1999.html

Core North state: Obasanjo: Falae

Bauchi:
OBJ: 834,309
Falae: 342,233

Borno:
OBJ: 581,382
Falae: 334,593

Jigawa:
OBJ:311,571
Falae: 237,025

Kaduna:
OBJ: 1,294,679
Falae: 381,350

Kano:
OBJ: 682,255
Falae: 222,458

Katsina:
OBJ: 964,218
Falae: 229,181

Kebbi:
OBJ: 339,893
Falae: 172,336

Obasanjo who was as of that moment wearing the tag of a charismatic born again Christian cleared those 7 major core North states and lost only the less important Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara and by very very slim margin in each case. So your theory of the Core North voting for religion is watered down as a misinformation meant for the simpletons. Core North and the North generally, including the middle belt, does not vote for religion but for commitment to the status quo of the fraudulent one-Nigerianism by which they all take the lion share of the national revenue which comes from the South nearly by 100%. Once they sense that you lean towards decentralization and restructuring they will never vote for you regardless of being a moslem or Christian. In 2019 Atiku lost in the North for mouthing restructuring and having a running mate from a region whose natives' voice is now loudest, albeit hypocritically,about restructuring.
The Core North faction of the APC represented by Buni is currently trying to upstage Tinubu's 2023 bid because of his antecedents as a unrepentant advocate of true federalism.
Obasanjo caught their fancy in 1999 for his pro-one Nigerianist antecedents, open anti- true federalism stance and centripetal decrees as Military HOS. Even the Ortom of Benue currently running his mouth against Buhari would secretly wish to have Buhari for a third term if his PDP throws up a Southerner or even middle belter known for pro-restructuring antecedents. Forget about all his anti-Fulani propaganda which are made to pull the wool over the eyes of the shallow minded. Is Ortom not currently supporting the APC-led FG over his own party led Rivers State about the latter's pro-restructuring VAT war?
Why do you think the Core North faction of APC was recently flirting with the idea of returning Jonathan to power through the same APC that campaigned heavily against him in 2015? You think it is borne out of any conviction that Jonathan did better than Buhari is currently doing? It is all actually about returning power to the North as soon as possible through a one Nigerianist which they know Jonathan is.

1 Like

Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by AntonVince: 11:31am On Jan 29, 2022
Deadlytruth:

2003, 2007 elections remain the least credible elections in the history of Nigeria for anyone to base any political demographics theory on. Even The declared winner of 2007 election admitted that it was a sham. The international observers said same. 2003 election wasn't any different.
My reference therefore is 1999 in which Obasanjo swept a lot of Core North states in a free and fair atmosphere.

Show me where I mentioned 2007 anywhere in my previous posts.
It was one northerner (Yar'Adua) against another northerner (Buhari) that year...and 1999 featured OBJ vs Olu Falae, two Southerners. The core north had to pick one of them.

Apparently you just quoted me without getting a grasp of the crux of the whole discourse.
We were discussing the voting pattern of the core Muslim-dominated NE and NW states whenever a national election pits a Southerner against a Northerner.
Re: Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South by Deadlytruth(m): 12:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
AntonVince:

Show me where I mentioned 2007 anywhere in my previous posts.
It was one northerner (Yar'Adua) against another northerner (Buhari) that year...and 1999 featured OBJ vs Olu Falae, two Southerners. The core north had to pick one of them.

Apparently you just quoted me without getting a grasp of the crux of the whole discourse.
We were discussing the voting pattern of the core Muslim-dominated NE and NW states whenever a national election pits a Southerner against a Northerner.

I have already edited my response to include details of rObasanjo's victory over Falae in the core North in 1999 and analysis that burst the theory of religion. Like I said, 2003 was just like 2007 hence can't form any genuine basis for election demographic theory.
If it were by religion, then the Core North wouldn't by now been trying to displace Tinubu a moslem like them for Jonathan a Christian from a different party for that matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Threatened To Kill Self On Christmas Day. Is He Still Alive? / The Sars Officer That Shot Kazeem Tiamiyu In Sagamu With A Special Plate Number- / Picture Of The Alleged 15 Yr Old Kid In The Ekweremadu Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.