Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,049 members, 7,835,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already (17927 Views)

LAPO MFB Staff Reject 25% Salary Increase After 7 Years Of Alleged Stagnant Pay / I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) / I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by arthurwillia(m): 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
Golan007:

Personally, I don't think you are ready.

That's just my own opinion.

Someone else might think different.

Ok your opinion sha. You can shove it down your throat anyway
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Golan007: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok your opinion sha. You can shove it down your throat anyway

You see what I mean?
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by arthurwillia(m): 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
Golan007:

You see what I mean?

Nah my gee

You stated your opinion and I stated mine too! No need to be bitter
Just paid you back in your own currency bruh
Personally I think you can shove it up your a$$ also

Others might think otherwise

4 Likes

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Golan007: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
arthurwillia:

Nah my gee

You stated your opinion and I stated mine too! No need to be bitter
Just paid you back in your own currency bruh
Personally I think you can shove it up your a$$ also

Others might think otherwise

Be waiting for freebies.

Na so dem dey learn programming.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by arthurwillia(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Golan007:

Be waiting for freebies.

Na so demand dey learn programming.
grin

Lol if you go help help
If you no fit
Leave trash for lawma boss
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Golan007: 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
arthurwillia:

Lol if you go help help
If you no fit
Leave trash for lawma boss
Help you say wetin happen?
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by arthurwillia(m): 12:24am On Jan 27, 2022
Golan007:

Help you say wetin happen?

You never even help yourself
Lol
Adios
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Golan007: 6:53am On Jan 27, 2022
arthurwillia:

You never even help yourself
Lol
Adios
I have 4 laptops and 1 desktop computer.
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by arthurwillia(m): 7:30am On Jan 27, 2022
Golan007:

I have 4 laptops and 1 desktop computer.

Ok congrats bro
You sabi
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by twosquare(m): 8:05am On Jan 27, 2022
10 years post-graduation. After submitting docs in a few places, I gave up on both private and government and decided to do my own thing. This year June will make it 7 years I've been freelancing.

Now, I have my own startup and into my PhD program.

Also learning programming in my leisure.

If you are just new for anyone reading this, na mumu dey wait for Govt. When you try in the first year into your second year, find your way. In fact start having a plan in your NYSC. Either to migrate to developed countries via study or work or decided to fully start your own stuff. I don talk my own.

It has not been easy.

Final advice: Avoid love relationships with the opposite sex for now and build/develop yourself. It will help you move faster.
FriendsAndFans:
Just like that, it's 7 years already! It's been rough! Very rough and tough but I give thanks to God. Life isn't always as we plan it... Life charts a different course of its own.
I have seen few folks doing ok with their wife (wives) and kids, I have seen folks who can barely stay afloat financially.

My eyes have seen a lot after NYSC. I have travelled far and wide with no roof just to attend interviews. At a point, I slept on the streets of Lagos job hunting and understood life the harsh way.

The last interview which I did and which got me this current job, I had to sleep on a bench in a market, and my bag was the pillow: because I got to the city around 11:52pm or so and my interview was the following morning. A City I knew no one in

An unknown folk in a known city earning sixty
It's a blessing

7 Likes

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by twosquare(m): 8:08am On Jan 27, 2022
LikeAking:

Sixty Mila abai?

Madt!

U go make am.

Life na all about cnection and good information + the right environment.

Nothing like demons or village.

Build ur life around these 3 pillars and thank me latter.

Life functions on principles not the spiritual.

U never jam d right ppl, but keep working e go better.

Just to correct something, life functions on both physical and spiritual principles. Nothing is magic in both worlds. Thanks.
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by bilo1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2022
Lol real matters

1 Like

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by ibechris(m): 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
Just like that, it's 7 years already! It's been rough! Very rough and tough but I give thanks to God. Life isn't always as we plan it... Life charts a different course of its own.
I have seen few folks doing ok with their wife (wives) and kids, I have seen folks who can barely stay afloat financially.

My eyes have seen a lot after NYSC. I have travelled far and wide with no roof just to attend interviews. At a point, I slept on the streets of Lagos job hunting and understood life the harsh way.

The last interview which I did and which got me this current job, I had to sleep on a bench in a market, and my bag was the pillow: because I got to the city around 11:52pm or so and my interview was the following morning. A City I knew no one in

It's a blessing

Thank God u moved.
More blessing awaits u and to all those who are willing to relocate,it is not always easy,but it pays.
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by luminouz(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
Crimpsy:
I hope u are now married,

Irrespective of not finding a job
You want him to get married without a job and worsen his situation further?

What kinda human you be?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Elobest(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
arthurwillia:
It’s 4 years already
Still dilly dallying
Mehn
I don tire for this life man
Someone do giveaway for me to buy system to learn software dev na

I have system, how can I learn it
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by dododawa1: 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2022
Oga,some has DIED, without achieve what you have.

2 Likes

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Greatguy02: 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2022
Crimpsy:

Marriage keh

1 Like

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Onnasucs1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2022
Crimpsy:

are you mad or something?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by luminouz(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2022
Crimpsy:
so because someone does not have a job,

So He/She should not get married

Don't u know, Age is no longer by his Side
Will you feed and sponsor his kids?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Keniwit(m): 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
Well..one day will be your day too
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by rolams(m): 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2022
FriendsAndFans:

It's a blessing

You are still a baby here.

I am a baby to some too.
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by israelmao(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
The high rate of unemployment is robbing and depriving many youths of their self-esteem and confidence because a man without work lacks worth.That is the more reason every youth must rise up and vote wisely in the next political dispensation because NIGERIA CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER DISASTER that is lurking in the corner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by yommysure(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Same here too, the only achievement is a house of my own (2 bed and 1 bed apartments)….

2 Likes

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by mrdipye(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Graduated 2017 and still jobless
God gat out back brothers in the same shoes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by money121(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
FriendsAndFans:

It's a blessing
Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
I don't want giveaway I just need someone here to employ me for one month or two to raise money and get a laptop and pay for my freelancing and web development

1 Like

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
victooman:
The way graduate paint this job of a thing one will think it is a way to financial heaven,,how much is the job even paying self,? most jobs will hardly give u 100k in a month, for seven years what business did u build, dont even tell me there is no finance because 19,800 Nysc was paying then is equivalent to the 33k corp member is receiving now, unless you are the one carrying all ur family problems during service year l dont know why a graduate should not strategies for life after school before finishing service,, l rounded up my service last year, l purposely work my way toward serving in a village so as to Augment my savings, l took a job in a private school were l was paid 7k for teaching 3 times in a week, my ppa paid me 2k this means l makes 42k in a village were both transportation and feeding are affordable,, l no flex, l no carry woman matter for head, l knew the family and the country am coming from so l discipline myself. l was saving 20k ever month and l use the rest of the 22k take care of myself,
After service year l had 220k as my savings because l did not save anything on my first allawee . Before rounding up, l called my friend in Abuja , he got a room of 50k for me ,l got matrass, bought food stuff and carpet.
Immediately after my p.o.p l relocated back to Abuja,, when l got there p.o.s was the perfect business that was on my mind, infact l was having less than 200k after expenses, so no money to even construct a kiosk talk more of renting a shop, l bought umbrella table and chair and look for a busy area , and boom business have started,, like play ,the first day l made 2500 naira and subsequently from October till today market bad e bad l go carry 3k go house, in most of the sales am sure of making at least 4-5k a day and this is because l don't have huge capital yet, if u start and fail it is understandable but most students and corpers will live like kings a forget they have nobody,, it hurts me when graduate lament of jobs,, you mustn't work for anybody to feed in this country.

Trust me as someone who has been in your shoes and did what you did, you might think you are making progress but you aren't. That business you are doing won't even give you up to 100k in a month and there's very huge risk involved. There are graduates starting with salaries of 1.5 million a month. They don't have two heads. Better open your eyes before time goes by and you will start regretting.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by Ara21(f): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2022
Life in Nigeria is not easy, I thought after graduating my life will just blow but here I am, still looking for job, I have used all the little money I have to make and photocopy CV, update CV, write application here and there. It's well.

6 Likes

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by gabpaul: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2022
victooman:
The way graduate paint this job of a thing one will think it is a way to financial heaven,,how much is the job even paying self,? most jobs will hardly give u 100k in a month, for seven years what business did u build, dont even tell me there is no finance because 19,800 Nysc was paying then is equivalent to the 33k corp member is receiving now, unless you are the one carrying all ur family problems during service year l dont know why a graduate should not strategies for life after school before finishing service,, l rounded up my service last year, l purposely work my way toward serving in a village so as to Augment my savings, l took a job in a private school were l was paid 7k for teaching 3 times in a week, my ppa paid me 2k this means l makes 42k in a village were both transportation and feeding are affordable,, l no flex, l no carry woman matter for head, l knew the family and the country am coming from so l discipline myself. l was saving 20k ever month and l use the rest of the 22k take care of myself,
After service year l had 220k as my savings because l did not save anything on my first allawee . Before rounding up, l called my friend in Abuja , he got a room of 50k for me ,l got matrass, bought food stuff and carpet.
Immediately after my p.o.p l relocated back to Abuja,, when l got there p.o.s was the perfect business that was on my mind, infact l was having less than 200k after expenses, so no money to even construct a kiosk talk more of renting a shop, l bought umbrella table and chair and look for a busy area , and boom business have started,, like play ,the first day l made 2500 naira and subsequently from October till today market bad e bad l go carry 3k go house, in most of the sales am sure of making at least 4-5k a day and this is because l don't have huge capital yet, if u start and fail it is understandable but most students and corpers will live like kings a forget they have nobody,, it hurts me when graduate lament of jobs,, you mustn't work for anybody to feed in this country.
Spot on

2 Likes

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by 4gunners(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
Your sad stories will soon become history, bro. I remember when I slept at Ikorodu garage till the second day cos the person I planned to stay with became unreachable that night. The painful part was that I didn't spend up to 5 mins at the job test center.

Those trying period is now history. Hold on tight, that breakthrough is around the corner.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already by ibechris(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
HenryDion:

Keep waiting for grace until you end up six feet below. Religion have utterly destroyed you lots cognitive function.

That is what they tell them.
Nigerians talk about Grace more than the children of Israel yet they suffer more disgrace than any group of people in Africa.
Pity.
The writer here knew about Grace yet he knew the importance of taking the bull by the horn,hence his decision to travel down to Lagos and struggled it out all by himself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apply For Zintex Oil & Gas Limited Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment 2017 / Exxonmobil Nigeria Recruiting! Its Hot And Fresh! / Before You Get Your Dream Job, Do These!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.