Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta (15469 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Truck Suffers Brake Failure, Crushes Woman To Death In Lagos (Graphic) / Pregnant Woman, Two Others Die In Lagos-Ibadan Road Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Anyways: 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
Tragedy struck in Agbor on Tuesday, Delta State when five persons including a woman and her two children were crushed to death by a fuel-laden tanker near a traffic light along the old Lagos/Asaba road in the hilly town.

The woman whose identity was not immediately known and her two children were said to be returning from school on a motorbike.

Three other persons were seriously injured while five vehicles were destroyed .

Eyewitness account said the driver of the tanker who was ascending the Orogodo River hill lost control as a result of brake failure.

In the confusion, the tanker started to roll back, thereby dragging the motorbike along after crushing the woman, her two children and three others.

Tribune Online reports that a mammoth crowd gathered at the scene of the accident watching the dismembered body of the woman and her children.

The state Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Ibrahim Abubakar confirmed the incident when contacted on Tuesday.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/tanker-crushes-woman-two-children-others-to-death-in-delta/

1 Share

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by ogoloray(m): 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
This is truly heart breaking

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by slawormiir: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Too bad
Wetin dey this life self
It seems we were born to die

You enter train na derail
You enter ship or boat na capsize
You enter plane or helicopter na plane crash
You sit down for your house or they under a building then the building fit collapse
You take a walk car or truck fit knock you down
You sit down for beer parlor stray bullet fit come from police
You enter motor probably to travel na motor accident

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Badgers14: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Very sad

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by OmodavidoX(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
RIP
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by mazizitonene(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Such an unfortunate incidence
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by God1000(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
What a tragedy, tankers and trailers should have their own lane and stop moving in a heavily congested places

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by greenie77: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by futurerex: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
May God help us in this country.
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by breko(m): 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
Very tragic, condolence to those lost
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Mophor: 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
Damn!!!!

WTF!
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by FacelessKing: 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2022
ogoloray:
Finally FTC... After 9 long years of waiting!

I dedicate this to my mother, father, my lolm, and my 3 sisters...

It is indeed a milestone in my life... Cheerz y'all

On the same thread a mother died along with her children.

This life!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
What an unfortunate incident.. cry

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Goldbw122(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
Too bad
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Benchilwell: 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
I saw d picture yesterday when I was eating, I couldn't eat again,very painful way to die.
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Goldbw122(m): 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
ogoloray:

And you are calling this achievement, hmm on a page where someone die, bro na so you get mind.

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Rosaline5000: 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
ogoloray:

idiot

4 Likes

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by floss(m): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
2bad
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by gambia(m): 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
ogoloray:

Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by francisisking: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
Na wa
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by francisisking: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2022
ogoloray:

them suppose arrest you no small sympathy sef

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by lexy2014: 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
Anyways:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/tanker-crushes-woman-two-children-others-to-death-in-delta/

Two things here: first, there's no report of what happened to the tanker driver and his vehicle. Will he be prosecuted for manslaughter? As long his prosecution won't make money for FRSC, I think not.

Second, one rule of driving is that drivers/riders keep some appreciable distance between themselves and heavy vehicles in front of them because of incidences like this. If the bike man had known that rule and observed it, this family wouldn't have died.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Tvoice: 5:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
May dia souls rest in d bosom of the lord ,really sad
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
What a terrible news.

May the souls of the departed Rest in Perfect Peace.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by Mko123(m): 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
ogoloray:

Spit on your ass

You made FTC at a gory and horrible post showing people's demise and you are celebrating .

Hmmmm, what have we done to deserve you being born in this country?
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta by persius555(m): 5:39pm On Jan 25, 2022
Many of these used trailers have serious brake failure problems before shipping them to Nigeria.
In Nigeria, we're too poor to think straight enough to know that when the tankers transmission system fail as it attempts to climb an elevated road, it's disaster waiting to consume souls.
Rip to the dead. The country will not save its citizens

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt / Jamaica, No Problem!!! / Anambra traffic management agency moves to decongest Onitsha and enviro(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.