Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge (14901 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Visits Opebi Maryland Ojota Link Bridge Project (Pictures) / Sanwo-Olu Flags-Off Construction Of Maryland-Ojota Link Bridge / PHOTOS: Heavy Police Presence On Ojota Bridge Lagos To Scare Traffic Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Cognitivereason: 8:13am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
This would be his major project since he assumed office, if completed cos I've not seen any meaningful projects carried out by him so far. This time during Ambode's tenure, we could point to several of such projects, already completed. I dunno why good people always attract enemies but it's fine

So u didn't notice the rail?
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Fcwilly: 8:18am On Jan 26, 2022
Another gridlock pain for commuters and drivers
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Rebelutionary: 8:21am On Jan 26, 2022
PRE4:
Election propaganda...he have a plan to return for second term 2023..
If every governor including yours is doing your so called "election propaganda" and delivering visible laudable projects, Nigeria won't be the way it is!

So let the "election propaganda" continue!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Kingzeez10: 8:22am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Challenge my post na. Point to us any project of this magnitude done by him sine 2019, put of all he listed in his manifestos. I'm waiting
Opolo Jina siyin sir.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Exclusive101: 8:26am On Jan 26, 2022
But is the dual failure of Ikpeazu n Ugwuayi not doing any project like this in close to 8 years in governance.

tiswell:
We know the reason for all these show off

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Exclusive101: 8:29am On Jan 26, 2022
Don't mind him he should have chos n to be useless like Ikpeazu n Ugwuayi because there is no proper alternative route

jaxxy:
Construction construction every “damn” where without making proper alternative routes.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by West2019(m): 8:30am On Jan 26, 2022
rubbish election is next year
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by leokid866: 8:31am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
This would be his major project since he assumed office, if completed cos I've not seen any meaningful projects carried out by him so far. This time during Ambode's tenure, we could point to several of such projects, already completed. I dunno why good people always attract enemies but it's fine
Ambode was not a good man even he cant deny it.....
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by walemoney007(m): 8:34am On Jan 26, 2022
mastercee:

You are here praising Sanwo-Olu, yet you just complained under my post that we shouldn't be praising the government for discharging their basic duties.

Why are you so contradictory bro?
Saying he is better than Ambode does not mean he is the best.

Ambode ambandoned almost all of fashola project but Sanwo olu have not done that.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by GNBohr: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2022
fkj950ax:

This particular project doesn't have an existing road requiring alternative route.

Thanks. I now understand that route. That road was terminated at the mouth of the Opebi Estate but will now continue to Mende. Good project.

It's joining Opebi to Ojota axis through the swamp behind Sheraton to Mende Cane Village.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by walemoney007(m): 8:38am On Jan 26, 2022
mastercee:

Read to understand. What part of my write-up did you read praise?

If you are going to criticize, make it constructive. Is that too much to comprehend?
How is my criticism not constructive enough?

Roads wey Lagos state no suppose use 2 years construct, nah them still dey construct the roads and only God knows when dem go finish them

The roads in Agric and Igbogbo was started by Ambode, e no sure the Lagos state government go complete those two roads this year

Oba sekumade road has been abandon

Ikorodu roundabout, no construction they go on for there as we dey speak

The road between Ebutte and Just Rite, I doubt the road is up to 7km sef, the Lagos state government don dey use up to 2 years build am and e never still finish

I prefer Sanwo olu to Ambode for not abandoning Ambode projects the way ambodey ambandoned fashola projects.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Worksunlimited: 8:52am On Jan 26, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu to Flag Off the construction of the Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Link Bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdFI5ITqsBs

This will link Opebi Road To Ikorodu road directly

Who else no understand the road network video?
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by jaxxy(m): 8:55am On Jan 26, 2022
Exclusive101:
Don't mind him he should have chos n to be useless like Ikpeazu n Ugwuayi because there is no proper alternative route

B4 u break one road make sure u have another “functional” alternative. Abi una no go skol??
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Zedwen: 9:05am On Jan 26, 2022
That's great
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Exclusive101: 9:15am On Jan 26, 2022
Is that how it's done in Igboland because u go start your referral from USA now.

jaxxy:

B4 u break one road make sure u have another “functional” alternative. Abi una no go skol??
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by jaxxy(m): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2022
Exclusive101:
Is that how it's done in Igboland because u go start your referral from USA now.

U bought trains from USA now U for ask them how them dey construct new road.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by dokxavi: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2022
walemoney007:
The people of ikorodu needs to vote against the APC massively in 2023, maybe they will start taking the people there seriously.

The APC have been constructing all those roads RichDad1 mention for close to 8 years now

Nah the road from ebutte to Just Rite even shock me pass, Lagos state government no suppose use up to 6 month construct that road, but them don dey use close to 4 years to build the road.

Is so shocking
Maybe the road is in a village, not economically viable. grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by walemoney007(m): 9:38am On Jan 26, 2022
dokxavi:
Maybe the road is in a village, not economically viable. grin
Please this is not a joke. Grow up!!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2022
TimeTraveller:

Mumu
Thank u so much sir
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by DabuIIIT: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2022
ipobarethieves:
coolnice one.But ipob developed Lagos

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by lozanni(m): 9:58am On Jan 26, 2022
fkj950ax:

This particular project doesn't have an existing road requiring alternative route.

It's joining Opebi to Ojota axis through the swamp behind Sheraton to Mende Cane Village.

Very true. Hopefully, it will help ease the volume of traffic on the Mobolaji Bank-Anthony way (Airport Road). I once spent two hours, in traffic, between Maryland and the bridge separating Oba Akran Road and Oba Akinjobi road, Ikeja GRA, a distance of about two kilometers.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Indispensable85(m): 10:13am On Jan 26, 2022
This guy don try.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by KingofHearts(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2022
Thanks for the map and the explanation. You made the most sensible comments and contribution here. God bless you. That yellow ring sums it up. That should reduce traffic on Opebi link road and kudirat snooks way especially for those who only have business around that axis and are not interested in connecting ikorodu rd. Many times we spend time in traffic with people going in other directions on the same lane.

quote author=Ecne post=109697781]Nice one and will help to evacuate motorists faster from Ikeja.
It will also open up Opebi/Allen to more business activities, so, LASG should put a plan in place to make that dual carriage into 3 lanes each.[/quote]
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Yebosola(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
tiswell:
We know the reason for all these show off

Ur type is enemy if progress,can't blame u,ur governor has stole ur destiny dry.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by chamboy(m): 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
chamboy:
Like for Sanwo-olu and Share for Jandor
No share for jandor ?
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Hotspotbro(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
RichDad1:
The only working governor in the SW.
Despite what lagos faced during end sars and the pandemic, thus man has been doing a lot.

Seriously? Do you know how many project he has commissioned in that axis?
Ijede road
Oba sekumade road
Ibeshe and Igbogbo housing estates
Contractors are back to complete Igbogbo-Igbe laara road.
Agric - Isawo road is getting attention
Imota rice mill is almost completed
The failed section on Itokin-ijebu ode road(Parafa) was fixed despite being a Federal road.
Expansion of ikorodu garage roundabout
And so many more
they shud finish up that agric-isawo rd ooo..b4 rain season starts..
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by fkj950ax(m): 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2022
madprophet:

Does this mean that it woukd not cause traffic on the existing link bridge

Interesting question.

But if I was to be in charge of the project. I will use Opebi end as a staging area and build towards Ojota without any disruption to Ojota until the only work left is linking that place so as to minimize disruption.

The animated video LASG would have been more useful if it labeled the roads or even used a screenshot of an existing map to show exact path of the project with staring and ending points.
Is it cane village axis or the bus park before ojota that's the other end? I am not clear on this.

And there is no 'real' alternative routes between Maryland and Ojota to divert cars through.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by VanuatuWycombe: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
Long over due. Thought Ambode initiated the project before he left.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bode George: PDP May Lose 2023 Elections / Jonathan Formally Dissolves Federal Executive Council Today / Omo-agege’s Suspension, Caucus Ban: Pro-buhari Senators To Tackle Saraki, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.