Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge (14721 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Visits Opebi Maryland Ojota Link Bridge Project (Pictures) / Sanwo-Olu Flags-Off Construction Of Maryland-Ojota Link Bridge / PHOTOS: Heavy Police Presence On Ojota Bridge Lagos To Scare Traffic Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by proff010: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2022
More pressure will be on ikorodu road.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by NGpatriot: 6:02am On Jan 26, 2022
PRE4:
Election propaganda...he have a plan to return for second term 2023..

The man went to the US to buy train, you Igbos shout election

Now the man is building bridge and you Igbos are still shouting election

.....at this point, shey make the man just abandon projects, don't commission anything and stop governing all l because of election?.

ipob mentality is always upside down mentality.

It's really not too hard to figure out why the SE is so poor and the most backward region in Nigeria..

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by miketayo(m): 6:13am On Jan 26, 2022
RichDad1:
The only working governor in the SW.
Despite what lagos faced during end sars and the pandemic, thus man has been doing a lot.

Seriously? Do you know how many project he has commissioned in that axis?
Ijede road
Oba sekumade road
Ibeshe and Igbogbo housing estates
Contractors are back to complete Igbogbo-Igbe laara road.
Agric - Isawo road is getting attention
Imota rice mill is almost completed
The failed section on Itokin-ijebu ode road(Parafa) was fixed despite being a Federal road.
Expansion of ikorodu garage roundabout
And so many more

All uncompleted, I don't know about d estate but others are not done yet

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by mastercee(m): 6:24am On Jan 26, 2022
miketayo:

I'm sure you know construction takes time to complete. You want everything started and completed in one day?

You people should be calming down with all these baseless criticisms. If you are going to criticize, make it constructive.

You people said he hasn't done anything in Ikorodu axis, someone pointed out all his projects, now the tune has changed to they are uncompleted.

E ma calm down undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by naija4life247: 6:28am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
This would be his major project since he assumed office, if completed cos I've not seen any meaningful projects carried out by him so far. This time during Ambode's tenure, we could point to several of such projects, already completed. I dunno why good people always attract enemies but it's fine

You have reasoning problems

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by mastercee(m): 6:29am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
This would be his major project since he assumed office, if completed cos I've not seen any meaningful projects carried out by him so far. This time during Ambode's tenure, we could point to several of such projects, already completed. I dunno why good people always attract enemies but it's fine

The same Ambode that abandoned all his predecessor's projects?

Rest abeg

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Eriokanmi: 6:29am On Jan 26, 2022
naija4life247:

You have reasoning problems
Challenge my post na. Point to us any project of this magnitude done by him sine 2019, put of all he listed in his manifestos. I'm waiting
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by obembet(f): 6:33am On Jan 26, 2022
PRE4:

He has been working from day 1, not eyes services governor.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by yemmight(m): 6:49am On Jan 26, 2022
Nice One but this should not be audio flag off o.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 26, 2022
Nice one and will help to evacuate motorists faster from Ikeja.
It will also open up Opebi/Allen to more business activities, so, LASG should put a plan in place to make that dual carriage into 3 lanes each.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by iboboyswag(m): 7:04am On Jan 26, 2022
Anybody whose idiotic governor is still building flyovers over the place should just shut up and pass.

Lagos is a model of how a state should be run while we await true federalism.

Eko Oni Baje

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by AmazingELixir: 7:09am On Jan 26, 2022
mannobi:
While successive governors keep transforming Lagos to a better city with wonderful projects, some states keep having bad leadership back to back but their indigenes are more interested in hating Tinubus state but left theirs on accountability. Poor them.
No matter what they say, we will always reply them with rejects that can't happen in their state.
EKO ONI BAJE O

I thought you would have said successive governments keep transforming Ogbomosho, illaro or Ijebu igbo....every afonja is now from Lagos, abi other western states outside Lagos nobi afonja land again or herdsmen have chased you off your ancestral lands.

Keep chest beating while Ipob quietly acquire all the choice places in Lagos, I wouldn't be surprised the house you're staying if not in Agege or mushin is owned by a developer from the Dot nation. grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Skyehigher1: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2022
Good Mr governor and also Mr President very active governor general
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Realdeals(m): 7:13am On Jan 26, 2022
The expansion of the Opebi road up to the roundabout should be considered. Also, toyin street to the bridge at computer village.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by TimeTraveller: 7:14am On Jan 26, 2022
PRE4:

Mumu

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by barcaboi(m): 7:18am On Jan 26, 2022
ecolime:
When is he moving to Ikorodu axis? That place need government touch badly
Didn’t they fix Ijede and still under construction? Also odogunyan road is under construction from FG. They’d fix a lot definitely

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by AmazingELixir: 7:19am On Jan 26, 2022
Ecne:
Nice one and will help to evacuate motorists faster from Ikeja.
It will also open up Opebi/Allen to more business activities, so, LASG should put a plan in place to make that dual carriage into 3 lanes each.

Opebi /Allen Avenue is already a fully developed business hub..Allen even took business on that axis a notch further by extending into the nights for the intrepid fun seekers.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 26, 2022
jaxxy:
Construction construction every “damn” where without making proper alternative routes.

It's a totally new route. How can it have an "alternative"? Please be mindful of seeking negatives, for the sake of it alone, when non exists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by jaxxy(m): 7:33am On Jan 26, 2022
Dapinski:

It's a totally new route. How can it have an "alternative"? Please be mindful of seeking negatives, for the sake of it alone, when non exists.

If u read and understood me properly I wasn’t referring to only this construction specifically, there are many going on at same time bt I understand this one doesn’t need an alternative route which I acknowledged is a relief to the public.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2022
mastercee:

I'm sure you know construction takes time to complete. You want everything started and completed in one day?

You people should be calming down with all these baseless criticisms. If you are going to criticize, make it constructive.

You people said he hasn't done anything in Ikorodu axis, someone pointed out all his projects, now the tune has changed to they are uncompleted.

E ma calm down undecided

Bro, if you interact with Nigerians daily, in Nigeria, you will see thst most are bitter and negative beyond redemption.

Say anything positive, even when it to their benefit mainly, and majority of Nigerians must find a negative response instead of engaging you objectively to gain information.

What any Nigerian President will struggle with will always be 'damaged goods' human resources.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by seunmsg(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:

Mention one major bridge project that Ambode completed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by walemoney007(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2022
RichDad1:
The only working governor in the SW.
Despite what lagos faced during end sars and the pandemic, thus man has been doing a lot.

Seriously? Do you know how many project he has commissioned in that axis?
Ijede road
Oba sekumade road
Ibeshe and Igbogbo housing estates
Contractors are back to complete Igbogbo-Igbe laara road.
Agric - Isawo road is getting attention
Imota rice mill is almost completed
The failed section on Itokin-ijebu ode road(Parafa) was fixed despite being a Federal road.
Expansion of ikorodu garage roundabout
And so many more
None of this project wey the man don complete for ikorodu.

The people of ikorodu suppose vote against am next year.

Agric-isawo road wey Ambode start about 8 years ago

Oba sekumade road has been abandon

Nothing is happening concerning the expansion of ikorodu roundabout

Agric-isawo road is still under construction, for about 7 years now o

The ijede road, he stopped the construction at Elepe.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by walemoney007(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2022
miketayo:

The people of ikorodu needs to vote against the APC massively in 2023, maybe they will start taking the people there seriously.

The APC have been constructing all those roads RichDad1 mention for close to 8 years now

Nah the road from ebutte to Just Rite even shock me pass, Lagos state government no suppose use up to 6 month construct that road, but them don dey use close to 4 years to build the road.

Is so shocking

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2022
jaxxy:

If u read and understood me properly I wasn’t referring to only this construction specifically, there are many going on at same time bt I understand this one doesn’t need an alternative route which I acknowledged is a relief to the public.

Okay. I get you better now but new road routes and new transport options, like the Lagos metro rail and waterway ferry routes, are the way forward.

Their delivery must be celebrated by all well-meaning Lagosians as they are the main way forward to delivering lasting and adequate solutions to the Lagos traffic conundrum.

Look at the Lekki expressway for example. Widening and repairing sections of the road and removing roundaboutd has not helped significantly because the corridors traffic keeps growing as new Estate are built rapidly without commensurate new roads to aid the greater volume of traffic.

Solution? Totally new road alternatives to unburden the Lekki expressway. As simple as that. Otherwise it will get worse when the Lekki FTZ, Dangote refinery (operational Q3 of 2022) , Lekki international airport, Ibeju residential/business development etal get up to speed.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by walemoney007(m): 7:50am On Jan 26, 2022
mastercee:

E ma calm down undecided
Nah Una be the reason Government dey feel say dem dey help citizens

You want us to be praising Government for constructing road for 8 years? Sanwo olu have been constructing a road that is not up to 8km for 4 years now, and them never still finish the construction.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by walemoney007(m): 7:52am On Jan 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Challenge my post na. Point to us any project of this magnitude done by him sine 2019, put of all he listed in his manifestos. I'm waiting
So do you want him to abandon all the major project he inherited from Ambode?

Sanwo olu is trying his best abeg.

He is far better than Ambode who ambandoned major projects.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by mastercee(m): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2022
walemoney007:
Nah Una be the reason Government dey feel say dem dey help citizens

You want us to be praising Government for constructing road for 8 years? Sanwo olu have been constructing a road that is not up to 8km for 4 years now, and them never still finish the construction.

Read to understand. What part of my write-up did you read praise?

If you are going to criticize, make it constructive. Is that too much to comprehend?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by starstaz(m): 8:01am On Jan 26, 2022
I have a problem with our " olodo " one Chance leader. What is the economic arithmetic of this bridge in present dynamics of economic depression, turmoil and meltdown.
If this bridge, odo iyalaro, is part of Lagos state road infrastructure and superstructure master plan ; how come the key executor could not embark on this magnificent project 40,30,20 or 10 years ago when dollar to naira is in ratio 1:1, 1.5:1,60:1 or 100:1. Is it when the ratio is 500:1 , the executor now wake up to this balderdash of a bridge, where is the money now. To construct ordinary 15 to 20km rail line in Marina has taken Lagos 15 years and yet to be delivered. Our minder in power should voluntarily submit themselves to periodical medical check up with a shrink to avoid political mistake of this magnitude. Time is of essence.
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by mastercee(m): 8:02am On Jan 26, 2022
walemoney007:
So do you want him to abandon all the major project he inherited from Ambode?

Sanwo olu is trying his best abeg.

He is far better than Ambode who ambandoned major projects.

You are here praising Sanwo-Olu, yet you just complained under my post that we shouldn't be praising the government for discharging their basic duties.

Why are you so contradictory bro?
Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by SurveyorP: 8:07am On Jan 26, 2022
Good work from the best Governor so far

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu To Flag Offconstruction Of Opebi-Odo Iya Alaro Maryland-Ojota Bridge by madprophet(m): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2022
fkj950ax:

This particular project doesn't have an existing road requiring alternative route.

It's joining Opebi to Ojota axis through the swamp behind Sheraton to Mende Cane Village.

Does this mean that it woukd not cause traffic on the existing link bridge

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASG And OGSG Declare Work Free Days For PVC Collection / Enugu State Government Lights Up Opi-nsukka Dual Carriageway / Photos From Kano Durban 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.