Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? (10729 Views)

Billionaires’ Eldest Child, Jennifer,To Inherit Less Than 1% Of Their Wealth / Men In The House Can You Will Your Wealth To Your Wife? / If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by TOTOnigga: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2022
I know this is not the right section for this but I feel enough people should have their say in this topic, so mods please, just be understanding for we all are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator...

I'm sure we all know and have heard of legendary Chinese movie actor "Jackie chan" ?
I once read somewhere on the internet where he once said that when he dies, his money and wealth will not go to any of his children that he is going to will everything to charity so that his children can learn to make their own money in life and not be dependent on his, something like that...

I've heard my dad often say something similar too.. He normally tells us of how he trained him self through out his university days without the help of anyone and that we should not depend on his wealth because he might surprise us, that when he dies, he might sell all his properties and look for one Church to give all his money that we should go and work for our own grin (I know he is indirectly talking to me as the first son).. I'm not saying people like my father or Jackie chan are bad parents but here are my questions

Is it really necessary ? Or is it the right way to teach your children?
If you had a dad like the aforementioned, would you allow such ?

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by colorsofrainbow: 8:07am On Jan 26, 2022
Na parents wey get inheritance at all dey think of charity. E get where where I dey go grin grin

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Sammy07: 8:08am On Jan 26, 2022
sad

Well, na the man problem be that, at least I'll make 80% of my wealth to go to my children.

I once read somewhere on the internet where he once said that when he dies, his money and wealth will not go to any of his children that he is going to will everything to charity so that his children can learn to make their own money in life and not be dependent on his, something like that...

Life can be funny at times, what if what his thinking/planned didn't worked out?
Or his children were unable to make their own money

13 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by fastseo: 8:08am On Jan 26, 2022
No mind ur dad he no go fit do am.
That kind of lifestyle is seen in developed world where even with little effort one can easily make it.
Where Even though u aren't putting any effort or being lazy government is there to dash you check back to back.

Not in Nigeria where if u don't know anyone, even if you have the best business ideas, best skills and u dont have long leg you are on ur own.

Even in university, some lecturer will tell you " you cant have A in this course,why will you have A in it while during my days i didn't"

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by nonny1212: 8:08am On Jan 26, 2022
Sometimes the best money is your money. No better satisfaction than being solely responsible for yourself.

Your parents inheritance is just a plus.

Your own money makes you feel like a BOSS, you gerrit?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by jamexborn(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2022
Everybody have the right to spend their money however they like...after all its their money

My take is give the money
/wealth to charity when you are alive

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2022
N
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by jamaicabakare(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2022
About your dad...@OP you better go open a charity NGO...make you dey use dat one cash out from am. grin grin grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Felabrity: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
Their wish

They probably want their children to work for their money

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by money121(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Lindajames1010: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
V
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Odunharry(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
Their decision and should be respected..

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
Their choice...no hustle for your own keep hoping for inheritance..your mind go dey.. grin

They came to live their life and you are here for yours..they have every right not to give you nothing..

It's all theirs not yours..make yours and let it be yours.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by JackWolfskin: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
A wise man saves.

A good wise man saves and gives.

A sharp good wise man enjoys, saves and gives.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by datola: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
Hmmm..
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Milazaha: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
Only someone who is proud of the values they have passed to their children can say a thing like that.

Say You give your kids the best education (which is the first step of making life easy for them). And guide them towards independence, They can figure out their own way in life.

Your money, when you pass away can go to people who need it more in some other part of the world.

Finding the right balance between teaching children independence while doing our best to make things easy for them, is key.

17 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by MufasaLion: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2022
I will leave my wealth to my kids, my Foundation and some to Charity homes.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Wicked and bad parents!
Especially if the parents had rich parents

I wonder why people take pride in suffering before they make money!
People who suffer too much for their money, tend to be stingy especially in helping others cuz they feel since they didn't get help in making money, odas don't deserve any help in climbing too.

Thank God I'm beyond that stage in life but if i where and i had super rich folks dat did dat shiii to me, trust me im taking a dump in your cheap coffin on your burial day
Atleast I'd fell better after that grin

13 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by sukkot: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
hmm i believe its stupidity
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by TenQ: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:
I know this is not the right section for this but I feel enough people should have their say in this topic, so mods please, just be understanding for we all are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator...

I'm sure we all know and have heard of legendary Chinese movie actor "Jackie chan" ?

I've heard my dad often say something similar too.. He normally tells us of how he trained him self through out his university days without the help of anyone and that we should not depend on his wealth because he might surprise us, that when he dies, he might sell all his properties and look for one Church to give all his money that we should go and work for our own grin (I know he is indirectly talking to me as the first son).. I'm not saying people like my father or Jackie chan are bad parents but here are my questions

Is it really necessary ? Or is it the right way to teach your children?
If you had a dad like the aforementioned, would you allow such ?

Only people who think that making money is only about brains, brawl and planning think like that.

Making money and being wealthy is a GIFT from God. One small difference in history, Dangote or Otedola will never be where they are.

Parents should groom their children to make money BUT should also extend their GRACE so that the children will maintain the businesses and wealth extended to them.

Jackie Chan's children are a disgrace to Chinese culture. The father just told them that they are disowned!

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Chidimercy: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Let me see what people have to say. Me I no inherit anything from my late dad. So I cannot talk from experience

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by dynicks(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
SUCH NO FIT HAPPEN FOR NAIJA NAW!!.....

EVEN THE CORPSE OF THE OWNER OF THE WEALTH NO GO FIT GET PEACE/REST OF MIND
...Naija parents get conscience when it comes to matters like these....EXCEPT say the child is a bad child!!
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by juman(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
It against common sense.
It against my religion, Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Kobicove(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Na only oyinbo people dey do that one cheesy
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Judolisco(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Their children will be in charge of d charity.... Bill Gates late dad was on charge of bill and Melinda gates foundation..... No b say dem go jst pack d money start dey share for street

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Jeon(f): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2022
THEIR CHOICE.. AND A VERY GOOD DECISION TO TAKE ESPECIALLY THOSE PARENTS THAT ARE BLESSED WITH USELESS, WAYWARD OFFSPRING[s].

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by vickthourh(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
It is not a bad idea though...but it is very hard to make LEGIT money in Nigeria.
If it were to be a civilized country when someone can find job without too much stress,and connection,the children cannot depend on parent's funds to survive.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Premiumwriter: 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
And turn my children to charity cases?

God forbid.

Life has no road map. Simply because you made it through hustling doesn't mean your kids will make it if they hustle.

Your wealth maybe their own starting point.

There are many hustlers who still have nothing.

As for me, I'll leave all my wealth for my kids (if I eventually have one). I can only advise them on what to do with it. After all I'm out of the picture already, it's their time.

12 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by SanusiOlaide(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
I think some parent make that decision when they find out that their children are been responsible or reliable especially when they expect the child to be there for them
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by tega2luv(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
Personally I think what parents owe their children is education to the highest level that they can survive with, any other Is a bonus, I mean a child that has been well trained shouldn't depend on their parents wealth, if not that nigeria is a condemn nation every graduate without stress should be able to live without dependence on anyone...to Those parents like its aforementioned its their will whatever they decide its their will, what they owe u as a child is a quality education that you can survive with.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by ShakurMY(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
I see nothing bad in it, it makes an individual more focus and determined.

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Legend44(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
In this Nigeria give your wealth to your children cos everywhere is corrupt... Before the money even reach the charity sef men go don collect half of the money... Even if e reach the charity organization oga's go collect cut too before them start dey use the money for the real purpose... Now others will enrich themselves with the so called wealth you're passing to charity organization while your children will be hustle from one company to another looking for job. Half for your children and half for charity na so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? / My Daily Routine As A Lagos Father / Widows In Nigeria Explain How They Cope With Sexual Urges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.