Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom (265 Views)

I Stand With Wike, Says Ortom / Benue: PDP Replies APC, Says Ortom Not Aware Of Hunters' Activities / We Borrow To Pay Salaries, Says Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by treesun: 9:20am On Jan 26, 2022
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has boasted that the opposition Peoples Democratic Party will form the government at the national level come 2023.

Speaking at a meeting with the party’s governorship aspirants at the Government House, Makurdi, on Monday, the governor said when the PDP reclaims power, it would continue from where it left governance in 2015.

Ortom declared that the PDP had ample opportunity to return to power with the abysmal performance of the All Progressives Congress government.

He explained that Nigerians were fed up with the APC, the party he said came to power through deceit, propaganda and lies.

He said, “I want to assure you that by the grace of God, the PDP is going to take over the mantle of leadership at the national level, because clearly from what we are seeing in Nigeria today, the APC has become a failure.

“They came on the platform of deceit, lies and propaganda. It takes two to tango. People saw what the PDP was able to do and today, they have seen what the APC is doing.

“What was the PDP doing – security of lives and property, economic development, reduction in unemployment and ensuring free movement in Nigeria.

“Today, under the leadership of the APC, what are we seeing? Economically, the dollar used to be N190, but it is now being sold for N590. We used to hear of Boko Haram in Borno, but today, Boko Haram is in Benue State; it is in the North-Central, South-South, South-West, South-East and even worst in the North-West.

“Today, some states in the North-East are being controlled by Boko Haram. Why did I say this? The governors themselves have confirmed this. Even in the North-Central, there are some states that are controlled by Boko Haram. It wasn’t so in 2015 when the APC took over.

“So, are we going to continue in this manner? Do we want to be Afghanistan? Do we want Afghanistan to extend its frontiers to Nigeria? Our country is gradually subjecting itself and giving itself to terrorists and surrendering to terrorists.”

He added, “If parts of the North-East have been conquered by terrorists and parts of the North-West have been conquered by terrorists, and even now as we hear, some parts of the North-Central have been conquered by terrorists, are we going to allow it to come to Benue State?

“You people should tell me, because I’m your governor; if you want me to surrender to terrorists, I will do it.”

Ortom observed that the open grazing being canvassed by the Federal Government was a camouflage.

He stated, “It is a lie; it is a programme designed in the international Fulani world to take over and seize our land, manipulate us and make us slaves.

“We are looking for when the PDP will continue from where it stopped in 2015 and provide leadership for economic growth and take possession of employment and reduce unemployment in our country.”

The governor argued that the treaty signed by the APC government in 2021 to allow free trade and movement was a wrong step, saying that it would only make Nigeria a dumping ground.

“I was the minister of Industry, Trade and Investment under Goodluck Jonathan; I attended meetings in Ghana, in Germany and other parts of the world. They persuaded us and we said no, we were not going to sign, because as Nigerians with a population of over 200 million, signing that agreement would mean other smaller countries would dump their products on Nigeria,” Ortom added.

https://punchng.com/pdpll-form-better-govt-in-2023-says-ortom/
Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by Xscape1993(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2022
We know because the evil, terrorist sponsor and sympathizer, wicked, borrower and less concern party has failed us woefully.

1 Like

Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by omenkaLives(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2022
This compound failure feeling like a national figure. Fayose was even better, and I know he borrowed this strategy of "constantly attacking the center to divert attention from your failure" from Fayose.

During Fayose's time, his aides at least saw food to eat, Ortom on the other hand have aides that beg us for money for feeding and medical bills. That man is a devil.

The only business moving in the state right now is Oracle Business, Ortom's personal enterprise. Now he's about to complete his polytechnic in the heart of Makurdi, meanwhile, this man has built NOT EVEN ONE SECONDARY SCHOOL since he took office.

I pity idiots around here that hail him.

2 Likes

Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by Nonpartisan1: 10:00am On Jan 26, 2022
like in Benue State? grin
Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by Moferere: 10:20am On Jan 26, 2022
Says a Governor who is owing salaries.
Yẹyẹ old man undecided

1 Like

Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by Jostoman: 10:25am On Jan 26, 2022
The way I'm looking at it now it's seems PDP are fully ready to take Nigeria back to where it belong. This APC hardship and killing killing in Nigeria is just too much.

1 Like

Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by treesun: 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lalasticlala!
Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by anonimi: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
Xscape1993:
We know because the evil, terrorist sponsor and sympathizer, wicked, borrower and less concern party has failed us woefully.

Since Ortom returned to PDP after his 1st term with APC, what has he achieved in health, education, water, roads for people to believe him when he says PDP will be a better option at the federal level in 2023

1 Like

Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by anonimi: 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2022
Moferere:
Says a Governor who is owing salaries.
Yẹyẹ old man undecided

For real?
He is owing salaries? shocked
Maybe he employed too many nurses, pharmacists, doctors, lab technicians, librarians, administrators, teachers etc since 2015?

1 Like

Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by treesun: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2022
APC has shown to be worse off than PDP!
Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by WATCHOVER(m): 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
If they are serious and not backstabbing themselves election day eve
Re: PDP W’ll Form Better Govt In 2023, Says Ortom by wifeesnatcher(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
Ortom is a brilliant man that Benue is now the envy of the nation, he formed a better government hence Benue people started enjoying him

I remembered wike making a joke of this fool that he will help him tile the road linking pH to his state

Useless people, party of tax collectors

(1) (Reply)

Why Won't You Vote Tinubu / Anti-Grazing Law In Southern States Is “Almost” Equivalent To Hisbah La In Kano. / Imo State At 46: Gov. Hope Uzodimma Changing The Narrative Of Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.