Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking (10076 Views)

Please Help Me, My Career Is On The Line.. / Please I Need Advice On Which Career Path To Take / Which Career Is Better. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Hightser: 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Harrykn:
I was interested in web development but as time passes I saw that you don't even need to sit and write all these HTML, CSS, Js dem. We have wix and others to create drag and drop sites, so easy bah!
I'll be riding on flutter training, my laptop just came in yesterday.
Another thing is that I'm a self hustler so ill be taking it small small at least 3hrs in a day so that ill be able to do other things for my dear self.
So, brotherly!! Do what you can and leave the rest for ALLAH. You can be still very rich without programming.

You don’t have a single idea about what you wrote up there.

Let me educate you, JavaScript is the most powerful programming language and most popular, with JavaScript, you can write server side codes with node js, you can write front end codes with react js, you can develop mobile apps with react native.

Wix drag and drop is for conventional websites not web apps, there is a difference, even Wordpress is bigger than wix but where is Wordpress?

I live with a full stack web developer, react, node js and python etc, he got a role in the Uk from Nigeria for 700 pounds, has two remote jobs in niggeria, total earnings is 1.2m monthly and now he is refusing job offers, note, all this is for a front end development with react alone.

Well, I’m a flutter developer myself and let me burst your bubble, that thing you have up there cannot carry flutter development, you need a system with 8gb ram and above to be able to run flutter, if you want to run it effectively then 16gb is what you should aim at.

By the way the idea of flutter is to build a cross platform native apps and using windows, I don’t see you achieving that, Apple product is the best.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Hightser: 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
congrat bro

I wanted to go for the web dev but wen i researched more on how to get a job on it and i started seeing something like... Build a site, register with this, network with some gurus, have ur own portfolios, apply on LinkedIn...bla bla bla, i just lost interest straight away,

I dont want to waste my precious years on skills that i wil be struggling to make 200k a month

But wait, concerning ur pc, what type of pc spec would u recommend for a programming for a start

Una go just dey find excuse to stay idle, since you will struggle to earn 200k in web, let me see another skill you will learn that will earn you 500k monthly in 4 years from now.

What you all don’t understand is that if you are good with a skill, money will surely flow, btw, programming is not for kids, if you are earning 200k as a web developer and you are really good at what you do, a single contract to develop a website can earn you from 500k and above.

One thing with tech is that you can start earning immediately you have projects to show, even if it’s collaborative projects, when you start your learning, learn with projects you can show to employers.

I have earned 400k in only the month of January in UX design alone from just 2 clients. And I’m leaving Ux design for Mobile sef.

I’m expecting 2 mobile contracts to develop apps for them, each is worth 1.5m and I’m sure at least one must click. Get ahead of yourself chief, my only regret is joining tech late, just last year, I been procrastinating like you, if you have to sell your phone or any valuables, then do it, even if you have to borrow money, act crazy, get a good laptop, preferably Apple, make friends with developers online, make friends with that neighbor who ONs generator all the time, you won’t regret doing all of this at the end.

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hightser:

Una go just dey find excuse to stay idle, since you will struggle to earn 200k in web, let me see another skill you will learn that will earn you 500k monthly in 4 years from now.

What you all don’t understand is that if you are good with a skill, money will surely flow, btw, programming is not for kids, if you are earning 200k as a web developer and you are really good at what you do, a single contract to develop a website can earn you from 500k and above.

One thing with tech is that you can start earning immediately you have projects to show, even if it’s collaborative projects, when you start your learning, learn with projects you can show to employers.

I have earned 400k in only the month of January in UX design alone from just 2 clients. And I’m leaving Ux design for Mobile sef.

I’m expecting 2 mobile contracts to develop apps for them, each is worth 1.5m and I’m sure at least one must click. Get ahead of yourself chief, my only regret is joining tech late, just last year, I been procrastinating like you, if you have to sell your phone or any valuables, then do it, even if you have to borrow money, act crazy, get a good laptop, preferably Apple, make friends with developers online, make friends with that neighbor who ONs generator all the time, you won’t regret doing all of this at the end.
see baba, u re wrong at ur first statement, am not idle, and likewise i am always busy, and i love my job. So i am not idle as u think.

But for other things u listed up there, i wil gladly say that i am inclined towards ur thought, and i respect ur knowledge and dedication.

But pls i have problems with this tech tins, i love it so much and i want to go into it, infact i want to get manageable laptop for it, i have bn making some research online these days that even my woman tinks i am into yahoo.

Pls can we talk outside here??
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Harrykn: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hightser:

You don’t have a single idea about what you wrote up there.

Let me educate you, JavaScript is the most powerful programming language and most popular, with JavaScript, you can write server side codes with node js, you can write front end codes with react js, you can develop mobile apps with react native.

Wix drag and drop is for conventional websites not web apps, there is a difference, even Wordpress is bigger than wix but where is Wordpress?

I live with a full stack web developer, react, node js and python etc, he got a role in the Uk from Nigeria for 700 pounds, has two remote jobs in niggeria, total earnings is 1.2m monthly and now he is refusing job offers, note, all this is for a front end development with react alone.

Well, I’m a flutter developer myself and let me burst your bubble, that thing you have up there cannot carry flutter development, you need a system with 8gb ram and above to be able to run flutter, if you want to run it effectively then 16gb is what you should aim at.

By the way the idea of flutter is to build a cross platform native apps and using windows, I don’t see you achieving that, Apple product is the best.
What's your Advice Brotherly?

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Harrykn: 3:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
chukzyfcbb:
Yo
Listen to me and listen very good!!!

Starting with flutter was a bad idea, you should have begun with the rudiments like html css and then moved to JavaScript before talking of flutter and co.

That is a promising part but if you struggle with coding and you love hardware stuff like networking, then you are just like me smiley

Networking in Nigeria and globally is dying!!! The cloud is F**cking them up. Startups are pushing all their resources to the cloud with little to no resources onprem thus making the demand for highly skilled networkers lesser.

I have a bunch of certificates I worked my a** for including CCNP so listen to me fam!!!
#I should never have gone the CCNP route sad so don't be like me

Instead if networking, focus on Network security and then pivot sharply to the cloud

The tools used to secure a network are still used by top leading organization who dont wish to move quickly to the cloud due to compliance reasons.

They say the cloud is someone's else computer, so some are still scared storing sensitive data in the cloud. So you need that router,switches and firewall knowledge fam smiley

Once you have a good grasp of these network security, switch to the cloud asap!!!

It's a lot easier to understand how things are built and secured in the cloud if you have done it onpremises.

- Get your CCNA, (it can be done in 4-5months)

- Picking a Firewall (it's easier to learn one very quickly if your ccna knowledge is solid)

- Learn python (Mandatory, you will need it for almost any area now in tech to automate repetitive tasks either in the cloud or in networking)

- Switch to the cloud and learn how to build secure & resilient architectures (AWS is free for one year so no excuse). This skill is the most important coz this is the future.

#you will know the next skill to pick up by the time you are done with the above

Stay sharp, stay focused

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by tosinhtml: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
samwillyco1:

Please am interested but don't know how/where to learn it. Any good site for that

Go to udacity.com/course/build-native-mobile-apps-with-flutter--ud905

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by tosinhtml: 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Pls come sir, talk more about the udacity tin, is it a site like udemy or a physical tutorial home??

And u said it's free

Yes it's like Udemy. They have many courses which are free. Also the quality is better than Udemy because their courses are taught by people inside Google and other top companies themselves.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
tosinhtml:

Yes it's like Udemy. They have many courses which are free. Also the quality is better than Udemy because their courses are taught by people inside Google and other top companies themselves.

okkk

But pls sir, which one would u suggest btw web dev and app dev??
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Impactech: 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
price range of ur pc pls

I sell lappy and I have different specs

You can reach me, check my signature.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by tosinhtml: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
okkk

But pls sir, which one would u suggest btw web dev and app dev??

Go for web dev, I can guess you use a windows system, because you need a very powerful system to run Flutter or any kind of mobile development.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by samwillyco1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
tosinhtml:

Go to udacity.com/course/build-native-mobile-apps-with-flutter--ud905

Ok
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
tosinhtml:

Go for web dev, I can guess you use a windows system, because you need a very powerful system to run Flutter or any kind of mobile development.
its like this, i want to buy a beffiting system for this purpose, and am ready to invest my 18 to 24 months

But i need a worthy adventure, not the one that would make me regret
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by fidelitystrs: 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
You can get cheap laptop to start your program.

Send me a DM

OlawaleBammie:
price range of ur pc pls
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by peablaze(f): 3:19am On Jan 31, 2022
Buying all PayPal funds... Contact us at SWIFTPAL XCHANGE for deals..
We offer juicy rates.

Contact in flyer..

CLEAN FUNDS ONLY!!!
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by tosinhtml: 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
its like this, i want to buy a beffiting system for this purpose, and am ready to invest my 18 to 24 months

But i need a worthy adventure, not the one that would make me regret

Both are worthy adventure i can't lie to you, just be serious with any one you choose. 6 Months is good enough to know if it will work or not, that 18 months really is too long.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
tosinhtml:

Both are worthy adventure i can't lie to you, just be serious with any one you choose. 6 Months is good enough to know if it will work or not, that 18 months really is too long.
u mean if i want to learn a software development, i can achieve a reasonable feet within six months??
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by tosinhtml: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
u mean if i want to learn a software development, i can achieve a reasonable feet within six months??

The point is if you consistently put in work every day for the next 6 months, you should know If software development would work for you or not. We are in January, if you are consistent, you should have learnt enough by June to know if it is a path you want to continue with.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
tosinhtml:

The point is if you consistently put in work every day for the next 6 months, you should know If software development would work for you or not. We are in January, if you are consistent, you should have learnt enough by June to know if it is a path you want to continue with.

Ok tanks bro, i actually check some of ur past topics and saw a website u created, but u choose not to renew the domain, whyy?

Secondly, if i am to learn the software development, pls giv me the guideline, like how do i start, pls just list it out.

Am sorry for taking much of ur tym with unnecessary questions but pls try to help out
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by tosinhtml: 11:50am On Feb 01, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Ok tanks bro, i actually check some of ur past topics and saw a website u created, but u choose not to renew the domain, whyy?

The story is too long bro, I don't want to go into it.

OlawaleBammie:

Secondly, if i am to learn the software development, pls giv me the guideline, like how do i start, pls just list it out.

Am sorry for taking much of ur tym with unnecessary questions but pls try to help out

Start with this course: udacity.com/course/intro-to-programming-nanodegree--nd000 to get a teacher to explain things to you.

Then you go to w3schools.com/js/default.asp to help you occassionally with learning Javascript.

Alternatively you go to w3schools.com/python/default.asp for learning Python.

so far, w3schools.com is the easiet path to learning programming any where in the World for beginners.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2022
tosinhtml:

The story is too long bro, I don't want to go into it.
Pls go to it, i would like to learn

Start with this course: udacity.com/course/intro-to-programming-nanodegree--nd000 to get a teacher to explain things to you.

Then you go to w3schools.com/js/default.asp to help you occassionally with learning Javascript.

Alternatively you go to w3schools.com/python/default.asp for learning Python.

so far, w3schools.com is the easiet path to learning programming any where in the World for beginners.
tanks baba, let me swing to action right away. Na to just kuku take u as mentor sure pass grin
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
chukzyfcbb:
Yo

Networking in Nigeria and globally is dying!!! The cloud is F**cking them up. Startups are pushing all their resources to the cloud with little to no resources onprem thus making the demand for highly skilled networkers lesser.

I have a bunch of certificates I worked my a** for including CCNP so listen to me fam!!!
#I should never have gone the CCNP route sad so don't be like me

Instead if networking, focus on Network security and then pivot sharply to the cloud

The tools used to secure a network are still used by top leading organization who dont wish to move quickly to the cloud due to compliance reasons.

They say the cloud is someone's else computer, so some are still scared storing sensitive data in the cloud. So you need that router,switches and firewall knowledge fam smiley

Once you have a good grasp of these network security, switch to the cloud asap!!!

It's a lot easier to understand how things are built and secured in the cloud if you have done it onpremises.

- Get your CCNA, (it can be done in 4-5months)

- Picking a Firewall (it's easier to learn one very quickly if your ccna knowledge is solid)

- Learn python (Mandatory, you will need it for almost any area now in tech to automate repetitive tasks either in the cloud or in networking)

- Switch to the cloud and learn how to build secure & resilient architectures (AWS is free for one year so no excuse). This skill is the most important coz this is the future.

#you will know the next skill to pick up by the time you are done with the above

Stay sharp, stay focused

Networking is not dying. Networks are evolving from the traditional systems you know about. There have been a lot of new technologies in that space and sorry you couldn't keep up. You don't just grab certificates but target understanding the technologies. To be good in Network security and Cloud you have to be good in networking.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by chukzyfcbb: 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Studymore123:

Networking is not dying. Networks are evolving from the traditional systems you know about. There have been a lot of new technologies in that space and sorry you couldn't keep up. You don't just grab certificates but target understanding the technologies. To be good in Network security and Cloud you have to be good in networking.
I said what I said with Full chest

And you don't have to repeat what I already buttressed about with your last sentence. I already stressed on getting a ccna and the importance in the cloud.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Baabu320: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? / Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Salaries In Cross River State / Going Back To School While Working Full Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.