Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking (10083 Views)

Please Help Me, My Career Is On The Line.. / Please I Need Advice On Which Career Path To Take / Which Career Is Better. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by RhertSpa: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
Go for flutter
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by tosinhtml: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
henro4niger:
I left networking for cloud and I have never regretted my decision. Networking is hard to learn and you can't be an experienced network engineer sitting in your home. They are very underrated, underpaid and unappreciated. I called it quit after I got to the peak of my networking career with my CCNP R&S cert, companies still offered me 200k with all the sufferings and years of experience.

My advice? Go for flutter programming and leave networking

This is sad to be earning that figure at your senior level, a Flutter developer will probably earn that same 200k as a beginner.

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Chidex50(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2022
The two are good but go with your mind. I'm into IT NETWORKING. Infact IT NETWORKING is what shaped my life for good. Proceed with IT Networking without going back.All you need is just determination and commitment.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Deicide: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
This is how most university actually teaches. You already know this don't you? skip grin
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Isobug: 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
dfrost:
Anything you want to do, do it well.

Bandwagon approach is not effective. It gets to a time, it is no longer your certification or skills that helps you. It's the network you have built over the years.

My suggestion: carve a niche for yourself. Find a product and manage (you must not be the one to do the coding or UI/UX design). Patent it. Sign NDAs and see yourself grow.

The top is getting crowded. Move away from the noise of the crowd. Lastly pray to God to assist you and be diligent and consistent.

Cc: Baabu320
Please explain better, your advice seems to be interesting but I can't understand what you mean by product. Please I want to go into something unique
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Nosa111(m): 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
For StriAght 3 weeks, been learning web development. Omo! The thing nor Dey enter Brain o. How whona take Dey do am �
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by GermanRemitaunt(f): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
In Germany, demand is high for all kinds of electronics technicians, lots of hardware needs to be installed and maintained. You typically need formal proof of qualification for the really attractive jobs, but small companies and temp agencies might be willing to compromise on both formal qualifications and local language requirements.

Good coders are of course also in high demand, but you’d better have a degree in computer science, experience and some local language fluency.

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by lovelybobo: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2022
Any thing in the computing space is good and lucrative depending on how far you are willing to push your skills. You can start with Networking and tilt towards Cyber Security or Cloud Administration. Any skill that can offer you opportunity to work remotely is very good. Which ever path you decide to take you will be fine. Remember MASTERY IS THE KEYWORD.

Shalom.!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
Barbsamiin:
Anyone can be good if well maitained,
My own problem is how do i continue learning frontend while working 9am to 11pm. too much stress makes me stopped

Impossible!

So you dropped FE?
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by upsupa(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
henro4niger:
I left networking for cloud and I have never regretted my decision. Networking is hard to learn and you can't be an experienced network engineer sitting in your home. They are very underrated, underpaid and unappreciated. I called it quit after I got to the peak of my networking career with my CCNP R&S cert, companies still offered me 200k with all the sufferings and years of experience.

In Naija, there is not much that network engineers do. in the US, it can make for a stable career (infrastructure is needed by many SMB and above)
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by upsupa(m): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
lovelybobo:
Any thing in the computing space is good and lucrative depending on how far you are willing to push your skills. You can start with Networking and tilt towards Cyber Security or Cloud Administration. Any skill that can offer you opportunity to work remotely is very good. Which ever path you decide to take you will be fine. Remember MASTERY IS THE KEYWORD.

Shalom.!!!

Good advice
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by t2luv1: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
Baabu320:
Good day Nairalanders

I am having career conflict and I need the guru on the platform to help me with their experience.

I tried learning python for data science in 2020 but on getting to machine learning I stopped because I hate calculation….

In January 2022, I enroll for flutter programming, but I couldn’t cope with the class cuz the teacher were teaching as if we are expert tho all other student are familiar with programming and has a solid background in JavaScript and other languages compare to me that I am totally new to programming, so I didn’t find it interesting.

Lately, I realize that I have interest in something physical that doesn’t involve programming, like networking (I am a cctv engineer) and hoping to take aws in the future. So I want to ask these in network field their experience, how easy is it in getting a job here in Nigeria and abroad?

What does the future and the market look like?

Comparing flutter programming (mobile app dev) to Network which one is better?

I have read enough on google but I want these in the field to give me hint from experience in any of the field

Thanks

Personally to answer your question Programming. Software development is applicable across multiple platforms and industries. Instead of AWS why don't just take a course in web services. AWS methodology is proprietory focusing strictly on Amazon. Networking is fluid, getting a certificate on one domain of enterprises either Microsoft or Cisco. I have been a software developer for over 20 years and this pandemic has been a blessing for all independent consultants. Opportunities to work from home, and hourly rates are fantastic. The minimum you can make is six figures trust me.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by DeNovo240: 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2022
I just joined the forum and already addicted to it
mrmicki86: great site, Nigerians don dey full the site

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by nethacker(m): 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
julybaba:
Learn flutter programming, it has more prospect, if you plan to earn remotely through software development.

Nonetheless, if you plan to learn something related to networking, you can learn Ethical Hacking
Ethical hacking is NOT related to networking. However, some networking knowledge will help you in your EH journey
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Bizzyman: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
t2luv1:

Personally to answer your question Programming. Software development is applicable across multiple platforms and industries. Instead of AWS why don't just take a course in web services. AWS methodology is proprietory focusing strictly on Amazon. Networking is fluid, getting a certificate on one domain of enterprises either Microsoft or Cisco. I have been a software developer for over 20 years and this pandemic has been a blessing for all independent consultants. Opportunities to work from home, and hourly rates are fantastic. The minimum you can make is six figures trust me.

which programming language would you advise me to learn?
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by nethacker(m): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
henro4niger:

Sorry for your experience bro.. This has to be in 9ja. I'm not sure which year you were offered 200k as a CCNP guy but you have to realize that in Nigeria, networking isn't that valued because the VARs have experts (CCIEs like myself) on payroll so your organization will just need in-house support. Networking has made me fortune and of course I'm not based in 9ja. Networking outside 9ja or in EU/US will make you serious bread.

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by dfrost: 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
Isobug:

Please explain better, your advice seems to be interesting but I can't understand what you mean by product. Please I want to go into something unique

So when I mean "product", I was referring to looking around your environment and see what problems you can solve.

MZ solved a problem of connecting people (classmates, course mates, loved ones) that have not see each other for a long while and that has risen to a global village that incorporates other things like buying and selling.

So there should be something you can solve. Majority of people that have a breakthrough start by thinking first. Thinking is the hardest part. So look around you.

What product can you think of?

I can share some thoughts with you but show that you can think of something too.

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by darlenese(f): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
The truth is your brain cannot carry it . Just like my father wanted me to be a medical when I know my brain cannot carry it , I jejely chose a course that was suitable for me .

Oga try something else
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
nethacker:

Sorry for your experience bro.. This has to be in 9ja. I'm not sure which year you were offered 200k as a CCNP guy but you have to realize that in Nigeria, networking isn't that valued because the VARs have experts (CCIEs like myself) on payroll so your organization will just need in-house support. Networking has made me fortune and of course I'm not based in 9ja. Networking outside 9ja or in EU/US will make you serious bread.

I'm happy for you bro, but I'm still in naija and the experience is in naija. I get the attention I deserve now and more since taking up cloud and devops. I also get gigs from abroad, plenty. That is also very rare in networking

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2022
nethacker:

I'm happy for you bro, but I'm still in naija and the experience is in naija. I get the attention I deserve now and more since taking up cloud and devops. I also get gigs from abroad, plenty. That is also very rare in networking
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by vickydevoka(m): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2022
henro4niger:

Exactly
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
WoundedLamb:
I think your answer is obvious.

It's good you've given both a try. I guess you love programming, but it's not really your thing. You just like the idea of being a programmer. I said not your thing cause most passionate developers hardly ever give the excuse "I'm not learning cause my instructor is not a good teacher". Many learned the art of programming even without instructors. Instructors may teach you the science, but the art comes from within. Besides, if it were just about the instructor, a passionate dev would be thinking of changing them instead of completely leaving the field. So like I said, I do not really think it's your thing (I could be wrong, please). Now, you want to switch to networking where you have your strength but you need a little nudge, some sort of validation.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, both are cool/lucrative. If networking is really your thing, go for it. Do what makes you feel good and confident. The most important thing is thar you're really good what you do and that you have enough passion to see you through the difficult times. Don't bother about others and what they do. Many people started web development just cause that's the new trend and years later, they still don't even know what to do with the little IF-THEN syntax they learned.

Just do you.

Very valid response.

It's cool to be a programmer, you have more job prospects and opportunities.

Networking is your passion and so go for it. There are different paths in networking but you need the basics and then you can decide which path to take. The basics is the Network+/CCNA certifications, that will give you the foundation to build your career. However you will need knowledge of programming at the superficial level to excel in todays world.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2022
KazikageSama:
Networking has changed. It's evolving (or has evolved into software networking). Most companies no longer buy hardwares like routers and FWs but now use more Network Access Control Lists, Network Security Groups etc since their infrastructures are mostly hosted online.

Right Networking is evolving but hardware are even in greater demand. Your ACLs, SG are hosted on hardware.

henro4niger:

What do you do in the cloud sir?

1 Like

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by nurez305(m): 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nosa111:
For StriAght 3 weeks, been learning web development. Omo! The thing nor Dey enter Brain o. How whona take Dey do am �
grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Govocrete: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nosa111:
?

You are not alone, I have been trying to learn one or two things online but it seems the brain has caked.

I will keep trying until the brain harpens like a blade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by Depressed101: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
Baabu320:
Good day Nairalanders

I am having career conflict and I need the guru on the platform to help me with their experience.

I tried learning python for data science in 2020 but on getting to machine learning I stopped because I hate calculation….

In January 2022, I enroll for flutter programming, but I couldn’t cope with the class cuz the teacher were teaching as if we are expert tho all other student are familiar with programming and has a solid background in JavaScript and other languages compare to me that I am totally new to programming, so I didn’t find it interesting.

Lately, I realize that I have interest in something physical that doesn’t involve programming, like networking (I am a cctv engineer) and hoping to take aws in the future. So I want to ask these in network field their experience, how easy is it in getting a job here in Nigeria and abroad?

What does the future and the market look like?

Comparing flutter programming (mobile app dev) to Network which one is better?

I have read enough on google but I want these in the field to give me hint from experience in any of the field

Thanks
networking as a professional job will soon become the thing of the past as companies upgrade to newer simpler to operate Networking machines... The farthest future is programming, the market is expanding massively, I will advice you learn Javascript, that's where I'm heeded to, it might take years, I am determined
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by dickson2000(m): 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
nethacker:

Ethical hacking is NOT related to networking. However, some networking knowledge will help you in your EH journey
I think you need to understand the concept of Networking to become a good ethical hacker. Your understanding of Switches, Routers, IP, network flow and security measures deployed to secure a network would give you an idea on how to exploit a network
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2022
tosinhtml:
At the end of the day you have to stick with the one that you can cope with, faboulous future or not.

Although If you are looking to escape poverty in easier fashion, I would encourage you to shun that teacher of yours and go to Udacity to learn Flutter from scratch. It is free, As long as you have a roof over your head & your parents are giving you 3 square meals, It means you have no instant responsibility hence you can learn for 3 months straight with no distractions.

Network field or career doesn't pay that well especially for Begineer to Mid-level, money you can make in one month writing Flutter as a Beginner, in 6 months you'd be lucky to get it with networking on that same beginner level.

The choice is yours oh.

Pls come sir, talk more about the udacity tin, is it a site like udemy or a physical tutorial home??

And u said it's free
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by KazikageSama: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2022
Studymore123:

Right Networking is evolving but hardware are even in greater demand. Your ACLs, SG are hosted on hardware.

Not entirely correct Sir. Networking hardware sales aren't what they were anymore especially for clients migrating to the cloud.
Most clients are no longer spending 60-70m to buy top notch Fortinet, Cisco or Checkpoint FWs anymore especially if they're not running some private or hybrid cloud with a Data Centre.
Now, cloud providers procure these devices from the vendors (AWS uses Cisco predominantly for example) and their functions are shared amongst 100s/1000s of hosted customers.
You may want to google and read a whitepaper by Cisco on Future of Firewall if you're chanced to.

But seriously, security in the cloud isn't anything like the traditional security architectures. I say this cos I've done both.
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by nurez305(m): 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Pls come sir, talk more about the udacity tin, is it a site like udemy or a physical tutorial home??

And u said it's free
it is not free, most of their course range from 200 dollar to 500 dollar monthly. Though they have free course but it will not be detail like the paid course.

Udacity is just like an online school while udemy is just to buy videos and watch
Re: Which Career Is Better Flutter Programming Or Networking by OlawaleBammie: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
nurez305:
it is not free, most of their course range from 200 dollar to 500 dollar monthly. Though they have free course but it will not be detail like the paid course.

Udacity is just like an online school while udemy is just to buy videos and watch
omo shocked shocked shocked
200$ ke

To learn a flutter programming, how would you suggest a novice start his journey tru it.

Tanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life / Top 5 Effective Negotiation Skills / Career As A Writer - Little Things That Go A Long Way In Selling Your Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.