Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss (11977 Views)

3 Ways To Deal With People Who Play Office Politics Against You / How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss / Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work (2) (3) (4)

How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by sophy09: 2:47am On Mar 09, 2015
How do you manage with a boss who is two faced? You are aware that they are stabbing you in the back but what can do you about it. In the case of my boss, she makes this silly jokes which are not funny but at times I force myself to laugh just to be on her good side. Do I have to continue this way or just keep a straight face whenever she makes her silly jokes.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Tundenoni(m): 3:15am On Mar 09, 2015
Annie Idibia can answer that....

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by GboyegaD(m): 3:40am On Mar 09, 2015
If the jokes amuse you, then laugh; otherwise, keep your straight face. Those who will like you would for who you are and not for trying to please them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by liliangmail(f): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2015
To every of dir mistakes, dy push d blames on u! . He cnt jst acpt his mistakes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by holatin(m): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
if you don't ve an alternative just behave in I DONT GIVE A Bleep !

sometime we ve to act deaf to people or else their behaviour may make us ve a misstep.

am I making sense ??

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by koxi: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Avoid him/her by all means necessary. ....
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Stab him in his front and walk away.

Mi o raye shït mehn

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by peteonline: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Be honest in whatever thing you. Even if you have a bad boss. Bad 'Ogas' will still admire your honesty and may even recommend you to a better boss.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by horlabiyi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Is it possible to even force smiling/laughing face when your joke is dry or doesn't make sense to me.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Keep a straight face and give her the fakest laughter you've got.

I'm sure she will be wondering where that came from.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by zicoraads: 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
This isn't funny, at all. Early last year I got a job, the one am currently doing. To my surprise, my boss was this lady who taught me in my secondary school. I saw her during the aptitude test and subsequently the interview but didn't tell her she was my teacher in secondary school. Some few months into the job and I started having serious problems with her. The truth is, the problems we were having were about issues that were not even issues. Very minor issues. She was this overbearing and bossy type of boss.

About 4 months into the job and she reported me to the bosses. She claimed I was incompetent and should be sacked. That was when the deputy 'oga at the top' decided that she needs to monitor me herself. Two months later, she was sacked and I am still here.

As it turned out, two of my predecessors left the job because of her doing. And unknowingly to her, I was her last opportunity. They were not ready to loose another staff because of her.

Female bosses can be very, very difficult to work with.

My advice... do your job to the best of your ability. Go the extra mile if need be. Keep your cool. Obey their rules. Be diligent. And greet her like you would your boss and pray to your God.

If it wasn't God's will that that job is yours, then there is nothing you can really do about it. But if it is, then I promise you that that boss has nothing on you. Every thing happens for a reason.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by hahn(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
sophy09:
How do you manage with a boss who is two faced? You are aware that they are stabbing you in the back but what can do you about it. In the case of my boss, she makes this silly jokes which are not funny but at times I force myself to laugh just to be on her good side. Do I have to continue this way or just keep a straight face whenever she makes her silly jokes.

As long as she's your boss you have to continue massaging her ego. As long as It is only within the confines of the office. It is always detrimental to make your boss feel inferior

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Keep a straight face even if d joke is funny.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Anibaba1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Be yourself,let your yes be yes and your no be a resounding no.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by eminent007(m): 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Tundenoni:
Annie Idibia can answer that....

My take exactly.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
If your boss dey stab you for back, you sef stab am for front...
Tit for Tat.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by angrybird007: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Stab him back
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Barselonia(m): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2015

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by kilokeys(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
hehheehe..

u better laugh hardest o.. if nt.. the biatch would think u aren't loyal

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by dammytosh: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Calm down.

Never outshine him.

It is fear and low self esteem that cause such.

You need to work on his Ego.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Babyboy1986(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Just be honest in whatever thing you..

I don tire to make Fp oo
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by EbirichBen(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
ITS ONLY IN NIGERIA WHEN THEY ASK ALL ANIMAL THAT HAVE HORN TO COME FOR MEETING, SNAIL WILL ATTEND.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Opiosko: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
sophy09:
Be your own man... I e civil to all and a member of no clique. Even mean bosses respects that

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Takim107(f): 12:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
When he back stabbed ME, I will front stabbed him...WTF I know my worth mehn, I burn candles, read at night..don't joke with me, my lecturers don't joke with me when I was in school..except you're begging for that job. .. then laugh at every smelling, stinking jokes he/she pours out of that gully of a mouth... in the name of BOSS.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by SkinnyDude(m): 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
holatin:
if you don't ve an alternative just behave in I DONT GIVE A Bleep !

sometime we ve to act deaf to people or else their behaviour may make us ve a misstep.

am I making sense ??
ya.ya. like doing something because you really want to do it, not because you want to impress someone.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
You become a two back worker.So simple,no cheating.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by skubido(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
smile

What Any How Much Could A 2nd Class Upper Biochemistry Student Earn / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? / New Job Titles To Package Your Profession