Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907509 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2022
mikelchino:
Hello nairalanders,

I am new here and truly need advice on how to proceed for an application.
I am currently applying for a post graduate program in Immunology at the
university of Manitoba and have almost completed my application but there
is a section where I have to get professor to support my application in terms
of being my supervisor. I have gone through the staff page and seen various
research interest of the different staff and have mailed few as to why I am interested
in their research field but no response. I have mailed the department of post graduate
studies and got a reply that it is my responsibility to get a sponsor for my department of
interest giving me a link of the staffs in the department of immunology. I have done the
best I know and am seeking guidance or directive from you guys to achieve this feat. Thank you.

If the professors do not reply you, it means they are not seeking students or they are not interested in you. You just have to try your luck with professors in other schools, there’s no other way around it.

You can also try emailing the professor’s students or staff in his laboratory, at times professors are too busy to check their emails.

Frankly speaking, it’s very difficult to get supervisors in Canada compared to other countries.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 7:21am On Feb 19, 2022
greeners222:

Please house how long does eligibility last for It says we are reviewing weather you meet the eligibility requirements.

It depends , it could be anytime ,Mine lasted for 3weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 7:34am On Feb 19, 2022
Filanodivine:
Hello everyone, I’m really excited to be in this platform. I just got my official Letter Of Acceptance for TRU and will proceed to my visa processing. I’m doing this myself so I want to ask of the minimum amount in naira I can present in the sponsor’s account and the sponsor being my in-law (sister’s husband). Is the relationship ties strong enough?
Also, any advices on how to start the visa application and anything necessary never to skip?

Gurus please I’m still waiting for answers ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 7:44am On Feb 19, 2022
Filanodivine:

Gurus please I’m still waiting for answers ��

For you to get help you need to first share with us;
. The cost of tuition for the program (per year)
. How long will the program last (year)
. If married will you be applying alone or with Husband and kids ( if any).
Once you supply all these info. You will get help here I guarantee you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 7:50am On Feb 19, 2022
mrprolifik:

For you to get help you need to first share with us;
. The cost of tuition for the program (per year)
. How long will the program last (year)
. If married will you be applying alone or with Husband and kids ( if any).
Once you supply all these info. You will get help here I guarantee you.

Okay boss, the tuition for one year is 18,000 CAD aside housing and living expenses. It’s a 2 years Post Bacc program. I’m single and will be applying for myself only. Thank you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 7:53am On Feb 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I’m really excited to be in this platform. I just got my official Letter Of Acceptance for TRU and will proceed to my visa processing. I’m doing this myself so I want to ask of the minimum amount in naira I can present in the sponsor’s account and the sponsor being my in-law (sister’s husband). Is the relationship ties strong enough?
Also, any advices on how to start the visa application and anything necessary never to skip?
The tuition for one year is 18,000 CAD aside housing and living expenses. It’s a 2 years Post Bacc program. I’m single and will be applying for myself only. Will appreciate answers ��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Vickygirk(f): 7:58am On Feb 19, 2022
Please who is going to university of Saskatchewan or have gotten an admission to university of Saskatchewan graduate studies?..
Please could the person add me to the WhatsApp group for university of Saskatchewan?. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 8:07am On Feb 19, 2022
Filanodivine:
The tuition for one year is 18,000 CAD aside housing and living expenses. It’s a 2 years Post Bacc program. I’m single and will be applying for myself only. Will appreciate answers ��

Does your brother-in-law have any kids?

First of all, you’ll need to prove that he is your brother-in-law by providing your sister's birth certificate and her marriage certificate.

Then you’ll need to prove that your brother-in-law has enough money to sponsor you and at the same time take care of his family.
Get a statement of sponsorship or better still, have him transfer the POF to your account and get a gift deed for it.

Typically, you’ll need to show one year tuition which is 18k CAD plus 10K CAD living expenses.. Make sure he has money considerably larger than the 28k CAD total because the VO will want to make sure he is still able to support his family after providing sponsorship for you.

To further strengthen your application, you can pay the tuition for one year and do GIC.

About how to apply, you can choose to use either the new or old portal. Both works fine, the difference however is the document upload limit on the new portal is 2mb as opposed to 4mb on the old portal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by codesngr(m): 8:22am On Feb 19, 2022
Anon123:

I am here chief

Please anon my contact WhatsApp number is at signature, please contact me, I can’t find yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nelson2k: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2022
Please, anyone here going to conestoga college for fall 2022? Let’s link up please. We can discuss visa application process together too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2022
Semtu:

Does your brother-in-law have any kids?

First of all, you’ll need to prove that he is your brother-in-law by providing your sister's birth certificate and her marriage certificate.

Then you’ll need to prove that your brother-in-law has enough money to sponsor you and at the same time take care of his family.
Get a statement of sponsorship or better still, have him transfer the POF to your account and get a gift deed for it.

Typically, you’ll need to show one year tuition which is 18k CAD plus 10K CAD living expenses.. Make sure he has money considerably larger than the 28k CAD total because the VO will want to make sure he is still able to support his family after providing sponsorship for you.

To further strengthen your application, you can pay the tuition for one year and do GIC.

About how to apply, you can choose to use either the new or old portal. Both works fine, the difference however is the document upload limit on the new portal is 2mb as opposed to 4mb on the old portal.

Thank you boss. I can still use more than one sponsor right? I also want to use my brother’s too but majorly my in-law’s own
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 8:48am On Feb 19, 2022
Filanodivine:

Okay boss, the tuition for one year is 18,000 CAD aside housing and living expenses. It’s a 2 years Post Bacc program. I’m single and will be applying for myself only. Thank you guys

Total cost for the 2yrs would amount to $36,000CAD
Housing and living for 2yrs will be $20,000CAD
Other cost like flight ticket would be approximately $1,000 (just an estimate) could be more or less.
So all together we have $57,000CAD.
So to be safe you should have a total of at least between $57,000 to $60,000 for the duration of your program.
Yes your in law can be your sponsor but to be able to convince the consular officer that he will be supporting you financially it's better if he transferred the money to your account as a gift and provide documents or you opening a GIC account with a financial institution in Canada by depositing the money there.
Lastly you need to convince the consular officer that,
. You have strong ties back home.
. That that the total money to be spent on your studies would be available for the duration of study.
. The program of study would lead to academic progression or job advancement (if working already)
Lastly don't forget about writing a strong ,well detailed and convincing LOE to address all the points stated above even after providing documents .
If u clear all this hurdles you have a good chance.
Goodluck .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by matthew080: 8:56am On Feb 19, 2022
I am here too

I mailed you
Nelson2k:
Please, anyone here going to conestoga college for fall 2022? Let’s link up please. We can discuss visa application process together too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 8:56am On Feb 19, 2022
mrprolifik:

Total cost for the 2yrs would amount to $36,000CAD
Housing and living for 2yrs will be $20,000CAD
Other cost like flight ticket would be approximately $1,000 (just an estimate) could be more or less.
So all together we have $57,000CAD.
So to be safe you should have a total of at least between $57,000 to $60,000 for the duration of your program.
Yes your in law can be your sponsor but to be able to convince the consular officer that he will be supporting you financially it's better if he transferred the money to your account as a gift and provide documents or you opening a GIC account with a financial institution in Canada by depositing the money there.
Lastly you need to convince the consular officer that,
. You have strong ties back home.
. That that the total money to be spent on your studies would be available for the duration of study.
. The program of study would lead to academic progression or job advancement (if working already)
Lastly don't forget about writing a strong ,well detailed and convincing LOE to address all the points stated above even after providing documents .
If u clear all this hurdles you have a good chance.
Goodluck .

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rahmeekadigz(f): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2022
Who is going to red river college fall 2022,let's connect!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 9:13am On Feb 19, 2022
Filanodivine:

Hello Filanodivine,

You have to show (18,000+10,000+ others( ancillary fees)). Then also provide/show to the VO how you intend to pay for the subsequent year. So since you're using a Sponsor, it would be preferable the sponsor pays your tuition (be it a term or full year) just to prove commitment as he is a 3rd party sponsor. Then send the first year living expenses into your account. Then in his account, he should show 2nd year Tuition and living expenses..

So in summary, let him pay Tuition from his account, pay 1st year living expenses into your account. Then do gift deed to back it up. Then the rest should be in his account.

Now your in-law with his own family to care for as well, let your sis and the hubby draft a kind of letter of explanation to explain why they want to sponsor you and how they will sponsor you without affecting their financial obligations to their own children. Let them both sign it, notarize it along with the gift deed, sponsorship Letter and sponsorship declaration.

That's my little input

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 9:24am On Feb 19, 2022
Filanodivine:

Thank you boss. I can still use more than one sponsor right? I also want to use my brother’s too but majorly my in-law’s own

Yeah, two sponsors is fine.

Just make sure you provide sufficient evidence and explanation as to why the person will want to sponsor you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KRTL: 9:55am On Feb 19, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 10:10am On Feb 19, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Filanodivine,

You have to show (18,000+10,000+ others( ancillary fees)). Then also provide/show to the VO how you intend to pay for the subsequent year. So since you're using a Sponsor, it would be preferable the sponsor pays your tuition (be it a term or full year) just to prove commitment as he is a 3rd party sponsor. Then send the first year living expenses into your account. Then in his account, he should show 2nd year Tuition and living expenses..

So in summary, let him pay Tuition from his account, pay 1st year living expenses into your account. Then do gift deed to back it up. Then the rest should be in his account.

Now your in-law with his own family to care for as well, let your sis and the hubby draft a kind of letter of explanation to explain why they want to sponsor you and how they will sponsor you without affecting their financial obligations to their own children. Let them both sign it, notarize it along with the gift deed, sponsorship Letter and sponsorship declaration.

That's my little input

Well appreciated, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 10:10am On Feb 19, 2022
Semtu:

Yeah, two sponsors is fine.

Just make sure you provide sufficient evidence and explanation as to why the person will want to sponsor you.

Thank you boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RelaxingEnd: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2022
Hello, everyone.

My brother wants to sponsor me and he's a director at my dad's company. I volunteer at the company. Does my brother need to bring any of the companies documents?
I've seen the documents other people brought, but I'm kind of confused concerning mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by NewMercy: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2022
Hello my dear people! Please I need help on how can I get my EKSU EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY transcripts? Please it is urgent���. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onlinedoctor: 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
The board of directors have to issue a letter to this effect. A letter of employment is required as well, enumerations (pay slips even if its a volunteer), study leave. U need all the documents to prove beyond all doubts. Pictures can be also be very helpful and emails
RelaxingEnd:
Hello, everyone.

My brother wants to sponsor me and he's a director at my dad's company. I volunteer at the company. Does my brother need to bring any of the companies documents?
I've seen the documents other people brought, but I'm kind of confused concerning mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onlinedoctor: 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
Yes, since it shouldn't be that difficult
Onlinedoctor:
The board of directors have to issue a letter to this effect. A letter of employment is required as well, enumerations (pay slips even if its a volunteer), study leave. U need all the documents to prove beyond all doubts. Pictures can be also be very helpful and emails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rahmeekadigz(f): 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hello,I also used my dad's company.i used the company's cac,tax clearance, company's land document,company's profile with pictures and also statement of account
I typed my study leave letter myself,letter of introduction and I also printed out employment letter on the company's letter head and the MD signed..

RelaxingEnd:
Hello, everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cdosky(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
Congratulations!
Please how did you go about sending mails to Nairobi,London and Abuja? Could you pls provide info.
Thanks
buchito1:
With faith, I am booking my PPR alert space

Fresh page, Fresh testimonies. Amen

What God cannot do does not and can never exist!!!

My PPR must drop before the end of next month! ✍️

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AFTER 2DAYS of posting this grin grin grin grin

LONGGGGGG POST ALERT!!!

Guys I really do not know where to start from!
I'm short of words. God's just too good to fail.
I'm still in shock cause I can't really fathom why my application was this quick or why I was just favoured, but I give God all the glory! For he alone is to be praised!

I've been following this thread for about 4yrs now. Just observing with no plans to submit my application. Was just here for the information basically, and to read people's process (which I enjoyed doing) didn't even know I'd eventually apply.

Time came for me to apply, I was scared to the Bone! I was scared to doing it myself! My sponsor (brother) literally begged me to look for an Agent to handle my application, I was skeptical at first, but I succumbed cause I didn't want any issue or stories that touch.

I contacted an agent on this platform, he charged me 150K for admission and 250K for Visa. My sponsor agreed to pay for the first stage (admission). Las las I eventually paid 190K for only admission!!! Only school admission ohhh!!!

Then it was time for Visa Application, and I was told Visa Fee has increased to 300K. And I was like hell No!!! I no go school? Am I daft? No! I can do this shi# myself. 300K no be 300 naira.

That's how it began, took a leap of faith and decided to do and handle my Visa Process myself, and God blessed me with the GOLDEN Mail (PPR)! Guys please do this stuff yourself!
You can do it! Yes YOU! You can!
There's nobody else that cares about your application than you! You don't need any agents NAIRALAND is the real deal! NAIRALAND taught me everything I know and used to get my Approval.

I'm a FIRST TIME APPLICANT, my timeline goes thus, I used the NEW PORTAL,

Upfront Medicals - 22nd November 2021
Application Submitted - 29th November 2021
Biometrics Completed - 3rd December 2021 (updated same day)
Upfront Medicals Updated - 6th December 2021
Then the wait........................^_^
Eligibility Review Started - 25th January 2022
Then a good man, a blessing, friend turned brother, a brother from another mother, Teemenzo (God bless you for me brother, he has always been with me from the beginning of my application) adviced me to send a mail to Abuja which I did, I eventually, reluctantly sent to everybody (London, Nairobi, Lagos, Abuja) yesterday, 26th of January just to disturb then. Lo and behold, today,
Correspondence Letter and PPR letter - 27th January 2022
(Basically my application took 1 month and 28days)

DOCUMENTS Submitted (APPLICANT) -
SOP
International Passport
Receipt First Semester Tution Deposit (7900 CAD)

Letter Of Acceptance
Gift Deed (Notarized)
Screenshot of Gift Deed
My Bank Statement 7 months. (I formerly had 1.6M in my account , with extra 4M as Gift Deed making it 5.6M I had in my account as at time of submission.)
Transcript
BSC Certificate
Police Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Reference Letter from Bank
Affidavit of Return (Notarized)
Local Government Identification Letter
Parents and Siblings and My Birth Certificates
Reference Letter from my PPA during service
WAEC Result
Covid-19 Vaccination Card
Pictures of me and Sponsor. Pictures of me and Sponsor with my family. (Both new and old)
Upfront Medical Slip
Driver's Licence
NIN Slip

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED -
MBS Company Account (6 MONTHS)
CAC
Registration of Business Name
Certificate of Identification Number
Sponsorship Letter (Notarized)
Affidavit of Sponsorship (Notarized)
Reference Letter from Bank
Birth Certificate
NIN Slip
Driver's Licence
International Passport
Landed Property's, (Sponsor has like 5 Landed property. Submitted all and their Deed of conveyance
Business ID Card
Invoices, Tellers, Receipts, of Business.

In all, it's been God. God did it for me. And he'll do it for everyone here. Cause he knows why we're here and what we're looking for.
I'd also like to use this medium to appreciate Teemenzo and EyinjuGod. God bless you guys again for everything. You were with me from the start to the end. I'm rooting for you both. My prayers aren't complete yet, till y'all get your PPR's

I also want to appreciate Makano for the series of questions of mine he answered. God bless you boss. Ketima, thank you for always assisting and encouraging everyone. You actually encouraged me to do this myself and I appreciate, Scotisshh (dunno if I got the spelling correctly) your testimony dey come. Lianna aka Rela, thank you for your encouraging email replies.
I also want to thank you all, my fellow Nairalanders for the congratulatory messages and mentions.

If I decide to reply all mentions, I might fill up 5pages of this new thread. God bless you all. I'd also be here to congratulate y'all when your turn comes. All of us go enter this Canada! That's for sure! smiley

BTW, I'm for University Canada West, April intake.
Going for MBA Business Administration. I'm open to connecting with my fellow UCW students or anyone going to Vancouver by April.

Make i stop here. Story don too plenty! grin
Thank you again guys. God bless us all.!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WESTERNCR: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
Medical passed since January 11, no PPR yet. Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
I walked into qlife in december for an upfront medical but they rejected me vehemently. The reason i went was that i was coming all the way from the east for my biometrics. I already had an appointment date for medical but in January. I begged and begged but they refused. You may wish to try your luck yours maybe different.

JOSHCANADA:
No one has answered me on this question below.. please I'm desperate cry

Gurus in the house please help!

I want to do upfront medical but Q-life website says fully booked in this month and March. cry

Can I walk in to the clinic without appointment and do the medical test in Q-life or IOM?

Looking forward to your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
WESTERNCR:
Medical passed since January 11, no PPR yet. Is this normal?
yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tolupe1: 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
chrysto:
Anybody planning to travel in April 23rd via Ethiopia Airline?i will like to have a travel buddy . Kindly reach out as my destination is Halifax.

That’s my tentative date. Destination is BC. Let’s link up as the day draws closer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tolupe1: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
femmybet:
January 27th 2022

No update yet, even my biometrics is still saying " we need your fingerprints.....blah blah"

Nothing yet.

I don't know if I should expect any thing yet @ 3weeks.

Thinking aloud sha

Hello, I am a January 26th applicant. I am under serious restraint right now. I refuse to check my portal until the end of the month( February). Then from March, I begin my vigil.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tolupe1: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
User1010:

Anybody starting school semester in april

Drop school starting date

We shall all get what we are waiting for in Jesus name
Amen!

Starting date: April 28th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.