Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907550 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 10:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hello house, to start my visa process which platform will I use, the new ircc website. I hear there’s old and new website, which one is pre effective. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankowner: 10:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
Are you sure you tried to book an appointment for medical at QLife? Cos the attached screenshot shows they have available slots from 21st till the end of February.
JOSHCANADA:
No one has answered me on this question below.. please I'm desperate cry

Gurus in the house please help!

I want to do upfront medical but Q-life website says fully booked in this month and March. cry

Can I walk in to the clinic without appointment and do the medical test in Q-life or IOM?

Looking forward to your responses.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
This question has been asked countless number of times and has also been answered..

None is better than the other.. Even though we have had more approvals with the Regular portal(I don't call it Old cos its still very much in use) than the new one...

The regular portal is restricted to 4MB of documents upload, while the new portal is restricted to 2mb..

The regular portal contains IRCC forms to be filled, the new portal doesn't contain any form , you will answer all questions straighUp..

So none is better than the other, just choose the one that you ae comfortable with..

Peace
Filanodivine:
Hello house, to start my visa process which platform will I use, the new ircc website. I hear there’s old and new website, which one is pre effective. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nickoko: 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
Check the message from MP. You can clearly see that it pays lot of emphasis on document and evidence regarding your finances for study in Canadan.

I have checked your narrations and attached documents. I can’t find school fees payment receipt and where you attached your salary payment slip. These are evidence that is lacking.

Also I don’t know much was in your personal statement of account. You didn’t show enough document to support your strength capability and that of your uncle.

Please note that even if you and your friends submitted at this time and with similar document, no two application are same unless you both used exact same documents. That would mean the genuineness of the application would be questioned

aizebe:

I applied from Nigeria.

As alternative to applying for GCMS note. I got same information in ATIP using MP in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hello JoshCanada

Are you sure of this, one of my applicants did his 2 days ago..

Check well, there are still spaces even in this month of February..

Peace
JOSHCANADA:
No one has answered me on this question below.. please I'm desperate cry

Gurus in the house please help!

I want to do upfront medical but Q-life website says fully booked in this month and March. cry

Can I walk in to the clinic without appointment and do the medical test in Q-life or IOM?

Looking forward to your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
Nickoko:
Check the message from MP. You can clearly see that it pays lot of emphasis on document and evidence regarding your finances for study in Canadan.

I have checked your narrations and attached documents. I can’t find school fees payment receipt and where you attached your salary payment slip. These are evidence that is lacking.

Also I don’t know much was in your personal statement of account. You didn’t show enough document to support your strength capability and that of your uncle.

Please note that even if you and your friends submitted at this time and with similar document, no two application are same unless you both used exact same documents. That would mean the genuineness of the application would be questioned

Very true.

His or her financial evidences are weak.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ewaade23: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ekulu77:

ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST !!!
GOD DID IT
Protocol breaking God.
It ended in praise
After 9months of submitting my application
First time application
GRAND UNCLE SPONSORSHIP
It will be so bad and ungrateful if don’t come back here to give my timeline to help others , the way other people helped me too.
I got every information I needed from nairaland

ranging from submitting application to writing sop all information gotten from nairaland ,with very good people that are willing to help.
TIMELINE
Submit application:May 15th 2021
Biometrics request:May 16th 2021
Biometrics appointment:May 26th 2021
Biometrics updated:May 26th 2021
Upfront medical: June 16th 2021
Medicals updated: July 13th 2021
Ordered my 1st gcsmnotes :September 26th 2021
Gcsmnotes received:November 29th 2021
Ordered another gcsmnotes : January 26th 2022
Correspondence letter:February 17th 2022
PPR:February 17th 2022.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
PROOF OF FUNDS
SOLE SPONSOR - UNCLE
6MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
CAC of his company
Landed properties
passport bio data
Survey of his landed properties
Memorandum and article of association of company
Certificate of occupancy of landed properties
Waec results
Secondary school testimonial
Secondary school transcripts
Letter of recommendation from my school
Letter of volunteer at an hospital
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of consent from my parents
Letter of acceptance
Pictures with my sponsor
Picture with my sponsor and parent
Awards from school including that I was the head girl

Note : my gcsmnotes I ordered stated insufficient proof of third party sponsorship . I came to nairaland to ask for what I should do . I was asked to act fast on it because it is very close to a refusal but God doesn’t fail. Nairaland gurus told me to fire back using email and webform this thing actually works most important the general webform which make you know that they have received your enquiry.
*Letter of explanation explaining the relationship between I and my sponsor why he would what to sponsor me .
*I stated that his children are grownups and successfully established in their careers so he doesn’t have major financial responsibility towards them
*birth certificate of my grand uncle and my grandma,
*family tree,
*old pictures of my grand uncle and grand ma ,
*recent pictures of my grand uncle and I on my Graduation day
*Receipt of my full year tuition fees,
*stating that GIC account will be created for me once my visa is approved
Also, all glory and honour to God that made this possible because this application is far from perfect . “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5‬ ‭NIV‬.
With prayer and fasting the application was approved. Also , trust God while waiting because I was so discouraged when I come to nairaland and I see most application with uncle sponsorship are not approved even those with same surnames talk less of me that it is grand uncle with different surname from mine.
I told God that I want my application to be different with this grand uncle sponsorship. I want to give a testimony of grand uncle sponsorship because what’s impossible with man is possible with God.
Also, while waiting try to distract yourself from thinking of it because it really affects one’s mental especially. The waiting period is not easy but it will be easier if you have faith in God . I joined NLP by pastor b which made me closer to God and speak to God about my application.
In the mighty the name of God , those that are planning to submit their application and people waiting for a decision to be made on their application they will get a positive decision very soon in Jesus name because mark 11:24 “That what ever you ask in prayers believe you have receive it and it is yours”Also ,remember “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11‬ ‭.
Thank you so much nairalanders always answering my questions especially @ makano , @scott9ish , @anon123 , @liana2020 @justmellow ( who said he his looking forward to my testimony here is it ) and others that I forgot to mention .I really appreciate. I hope this helps someone.

congratulations…
I tap from your blessings
I am sharing my testimony too here by the Grace of the lord
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankowner: 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
Congratulations!
Which Province are you headed to in Canada?
Ekulu77:

GOD DID IT
Protocol breaking God.
It ended in praise
First time application
GRAND UNCLE SPONSORSHIP
It will be so bad and ungrateful if don’t come back here to give my timeline to help others , the way other people helped me too.
I got every information I needed from nairaland ranging from submitting application to writing sop all information gotten from nairaland ,with very good people that are willing to help.
TIMELINE

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
PROOF OF FUNDS
SOLE SPONSOR - UNCLE
6MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
CAC of his company
Landed properties
passport bio data
Waec results
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of acceptance
Pictures with my sponsor

Note : my gcsmnotes I ordered stated insufficient proof of third party sponsorship . I came to nairaland to ask for what I should do . I was asked to act fast on it because it is very close to a refusal but God doesn’t fail. Nairaland gurus told me to fire back using email and webform this thing actually works most important the general webform which make you know that they have received your enquiry.
*Letter of explanation explaining the relationship between I and my sponsor why he would what to sponsor me .
*I stated that his children are grownups and successfully established in their careers so he doesn’t have major financial responsibility towards them
*family tree,
Also, all glory and honour to God that made this possible because this application is far from perfect . “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;”
With prayer and fasting the application was approved. Also , trust God while waiting because I was so discouraged when I come to nairaland and I see most application with uncle sponsorship are not approved even those with same surnames talk less of me that it is grand uncle with different surname from mine.
I told God that I want my application to be different with this grand uncle sponsorship. I want to give a testimony of grand uncle sponsorship because what’s impossible with man is possible with God.
Also, while waiting try to distract yourself from thinking of it because it really affects one’s mental especially. The waiting period is not easy but it will be easier if you have faith in God . I joined NLP by pastor b which made me closer to God and speak to God about my application.
In the mighty the name of God , those that are planning to submit their application and people waiting for a decision to be made on their application they will get a positive decision very soon in Jesus name because mark 11:24 “That what ever you ask in prayers believe you have receive it and it is yours”Also ,remember “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Thank you so much nairalanders always answering my questions especially @ makano , @scott9ish , @anon123 , @liana2020 @justmellow ( who said he his looking forward to my testimony here is it ) and others that I forgot to mention .I really appreciate. I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
Congratulations
Ekulu77:

GOD DID IT
Protocol breaking God.
It ended in praise
First time application
GRAND UNCLE SPONSORSHIP
I got every information I needed from nairaland ranging from submitting application to writing sop all information gotten from nairaland ,with very good people that are willing to help.
TIMELINE

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
PROOF OF FUNDS
SOLE SPONSOR - UNCLE
6MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
CAC of his company
Landed properties
passport bio data
Waec results
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of acceptance
Pictures with my sponsor

*family tree,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeffi7: 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hello Sir/mas in the house, pls, I need your advice on this matter, my brother got PPR and he is traveling in August this year for the fall semester, his up front medical he did for his visa application last year will expire in June this year before he travels in August.

1. Does he have to do a new medical before he travels or he can just travel like that ?

2. Does immigration check for it at the POE in Canada ?

3. If he needs to do a new medical, what would he do next and who does he submit it to since he already has A STAMPED VISA?

THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
I would advise the same thing Teemenzo said.

And as for sponsorship, you will say 'Myself'

Be sure to get a letter from your department/prof mentioning your tuition and funding. Many departments issue a 'To Whom It May Concern' letter for visa application when one is funded.

In your LOE, please do the finance breakdown to show how you have covered the minimum fund required.

Best of luck!

VonVictor:
Good day house.

Please I have a question. This is the scenario. I have a 21k funding out of which 16k is my tuition leaving me with 5k for living expenses. Now I don't have money, neither does my parents. My uncle on the other hand has money and would be willing to help. My question is
1. when stating how I will be sponsored, should I say myself/parents or say others.
2. would it be better my uncle sends like 3 million to my dad and then my dad sends the 3 million to me with a gift deed. But I don't show his account so they don't see the lumpsum deposit.
3. Would it be better I just use my uncle with his bank statement and he sends me the 3 million with a gift deed and other documents?

If you have a better solution please feel free to state it. @makano @ketima @technix I would also appreciate your kind inputs as well. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 11:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
1. Hi, he has to redo the medical exam. Normally, he should get an email asking for a new exam. If he doesn't, he can raise a webform to ask (perhaps, the validity of his current medical exam is extended).

2. Yes.

3. The physician will send it directly to IRCC.

Jeffi7:
Hello Sir/mas in the house, pls, I need your advice on this matter, my brother got PPR and he is traveling in August this year for the fall semester, his up front medical he did for his visa application last year will expire in June this year before he travels in August.

1. Does he have to do a new medical before he travels or he can just travel like that ?

2. Does immigration check for it at the POE in Canada ?

3. If he needs to do a new medical, what would he do next and who does he submit it to since he already has A STAMPED VISA?

THANKS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tolupe1: 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
User1010:

I submitted mine on 28 of January
Any update on your application?
Did you do upfront medicals?

Yes I did upfront medicals on the 12th of January and it passed on the 8th of February, biometrics done on the 1st of February. I am refraining from checking my portal till the end of this month. Mental health is key as I have come to find out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Louiz005: 12:09am On Feb 20, 2022
Teemenzo:

You have a good financial background.

My advice, submit your own statement of account of 400k, (if you can get more, not bad but avoid lump sum)

Also, submit you husband's statement of the domiciliary account

Thirdly, submit you husband's documents, salary account, work details, nigerian bank account, if he has a business, submit his CAC document. Anything financial about him. Submit. grin grin grin grin grin

Then submit his personal identification documents.
That should do

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 12:11am On Feb 20, 2022
Louiz005:

Thank you

You are welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by alowole: 12:28am On Feb 20, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Just want to ask some personal questions before my wife accepts admission from a school in Cranbrook. I had sent you a PM sir. Kindly reply. Thanks.

You can accept the school, the only school here is the college of the Rockies, and few Africans are here, but is a good place to be....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aamey15: 1:45am On Feb 20, 2022
Good day my wonder people.. thank you so so much for all you do .

Please I need your help with regards student visa application . I just received unconditional letter of acceptance for MBA(Sept 2022) and I intend to apply mid March. I have a few questions and will be so glad if you can help me.
I have a job that pays over 450k monthly and hubby earns almost a million monthly. We both work in great company (I work for the federal government while he works for a multinational) I just paid the 1k non refundable fee and intend to pay at least 75% of the school fees before I apply. I also have a business that has a yearly turnover of over 40m. .
I have 3 kids ( 2 of which are American citizens) and have a great travel history
1. My question is .. should I apply alone or should I apply with my family
2. Should it be self sponsor or hubby and I should both sponsor together or just have hubby sponsor me
3. My mum is still in Nigeria, hubby’s parents are also in Nigeria , my business will definitely run even when I am not in the country(. Hubby has landed properties, his other business aswell (which I am a major shareholder, I have my pension , and can secure a study leave from my work) is this enough to serve as proof of ties or would you advise otherwise.
4. I applied for the express entry previously but my profile has expired in December 2022 will that be an issue with this current student visa application?

Thank you so much I will really appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 2:22am On Feb 20, 2022
1. It is preferable to apply alone first and apply for family later.

2. You can submit your statement alone if that covers the required funds. If not, you can submit your statement and hubby's.

3. Yes, you got adequate home ties.

4. No, it doesn't affect. Moreover, an EE profile is not the same as EE application.

**You might be aware that you won't need visitor visa application for your two children who are US citizens. And if they will require study permits, you can apply for them at the port of entry.

Best of luck!

aamey15:
Good day my wonder people.. thank you so so much for all you do .

Please I need your help with regards student visa application . I just received unconditional letter of acceptance for MBA(Sept 2022) and I intend to apply mid March. I have a few questions and will be so glad if you can help me.
I have a job that pays over 450k monthly and hubby earns almost a million monthly. We both work in great company (I work for the federal government while he works for a multinational) I just paid the 1k non refundable fee and intend to pay at least 75% of the school fees before I apply. I also have a business that has a yearly turnover of over 40m. .
I have 3 kids ( 2 of which are American citizens) and have a great travel history
1. My question is .. should I apply alone or should I apply with my family
2. Should it be self sponsor or hubby and I should both sponsor together or just have hubby sponsor me
3. My mum is still in Nigeria, hubby’s parents are also in Nigeria , my business will definitely run even when I am not in the country(. Hubby has landed properties, his other business aswell (which I am a major shareholder, I have my pension , and can secure a study leave from my work) is this enough to serve as proof of ties or would you advise otherwise.
4. I applied for the express entry previously but my profile has expired in December 2022 will that be an issue with this current student visa application?

Thank you so much I will really appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by afrischolars1: 2:38am On Feb 20, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by fictionboss(m): 3:11am On Feb 20, 2022
A very big congratulations
Ekulu77:

GOD DID IT
Protocol breaking God.
It ended in praise
First time application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 4:02am On Feb 20, 2022
WESTERNCR:
Medical passed since January 11, no PPR yet. Is this normal?
Upfront? And it’s normal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VonVictor: 4:22am On Feb 20, 2022
technix:
I would advise the same thing Teemenzo said.

And as for sponsorship, you will say 'Myself'

Be sure to get a letter from your department/prof mentioning your tuition and funding. Many departments issue a 'To Whom It May Concern' letter for visa application when one is funded.

In your LOE, please do the finance breakdown to show how you have covered the minimum fund required.

Best of luck!

Thank you sire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by andrew1937: 4:46am On Feb 20, 2022
buchito1:
So guys,!!! I got my STAMPED PASSPORT delivered to me at my doorstep yesterday! Yaaayy cheesy

Sent my Passport to lagos for stamping (didn't need to use/pay extra for Abuja cause I wasn't rushing anywhere!! ) on the 28th January 2022 and got it on the 8th February 2022.

It took roughly 12days to send and get delivered to me smiley

I owe this Platform everything! You guys are Da Bomb! I wish everyone expecting a feedback on their app goodluck, and a speedy response.

I pray you all experience this Joy I have in me right now.. Cause e go reach everybody! cheesy

E go be guys, make I rush go sell my properties grin

Hello Buchito congratulations, I'm also heading to UCW for april term 2022, kindly revert with your contact details my ig is andrewidima.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jermaie0009: 6:41am On Feb 20, 2022
Happy Sunday people, Abeg who’s going 2 Conestoga college for fall 2022 and also been approved, was approved Jan 31 my course is strategic global business management, make we know ourselves oh…..thankz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Honlucas: 6:46am On Feb 20, 2022
hello guys i'm going for msc pls i need a rough estimate i'm going with my wife no kids
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2022
Okay
I'm for Humber College too, September 2022 by God's grace.

Papapa1234:
Global Business Management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 7:55am On Feb 20, 2022
Congratulations.
I'll testify soon too

Ekulu77:

GOD DID IT
Protocol breaking God.
It ended in praise
First time application
GRAND UNCLE SPONSORSHIP
TIMELINE

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
PROOF OF FUNDS
SOLE SPONSOR - UNCLE
6MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
CAC of his company
Landed properties
passport bio data
Waec results
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of acceptance
Pictures with my sponsor

*family tree,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WESTERNCR: 8:22am On Feb 20, 2022
Normal

Nikky6:

Upfront? And it’s normal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by afrischolars1: 8:30am On Feb 20, 2022
Watch ASI-Canada's President, Dr. Gideon Christian's submission at the Canadian House of Commons Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration's hearing on the high Canadian study visa refusal rates for foreign students from Africa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909-0v-Kj2k

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WESTERNCR: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2022
Not upfront, requested medical

Nikky6:

Upfront? And it’s normal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gokoyer1401: 9:12am On Feb 20, 2022
Good day sir. I actually sent you a PM yesterday too. I just replied your PM now. Kindly check your email. Thanks.
alowole:

You can accept the school, the only school here is the college of the Rockies, and few Africans are here, but is a good place to be....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hermes119: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2022
mrprolifik:

Check their website to see if the program she wants to study has a Fall intake. If it does, then she can request to defer to the Fall intake.

The school has responded,we will defer to September,thanks for your response

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.