Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908767 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2022
Jeffi7:

@manlikemace,...congrats on ur arrival.
1. Pls we need answers to these questions?
2. What airline did u use for ur travel, the cost and how did u book it?

Please allow him to rest. He will give answers when he's back.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gift212: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2022
Leave out the tax receipt.
Armah22:
Please can anyone help ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 9:36am On Mar 04, 2022
I don't think you have anything to fret about. If it would be a problem for your bank to procure CAD from CBN and remit same to Flywire, I'm sure the bank would have advised you to cancel the initial request and submit a new one in USD.

That was my experience with my own bank.

TomisinFemi:
Hello everyone. I made my flywire invoice in CAD not USD. Though my form A has been approved (debited) but not disbursed. I hope CBN will transfer in CAD not USD cos flywire said they will return payment in wrong currencies and I've been seeing people's posts about having to convert to USD first.. please help, thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2022
Good Morning

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 04, 2022
ManLikeMace:
Travel gist.

So at the Toronto airport I got my study permit in like 15 mins. The guy asked me for my arrive can, my letter of introduction, my LOA from my school, my proof of payment and also asked me for proof of funds. I provided everything.
He gave me my study permit and gave me a number to call to extend my permit if I want to stay longer.

It was very simple and easy.

If you have any questions you can ask me.

Enjoyed your landing gist.
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by walexing2003: 9:45am On Mar 04, 2022
Good morning Team, I am new and happy to be here. I just got an offer from Seneca College to study Financial Planning for September 2022. I would appreciate if i can get someone here or a link of someone who has gone through the same course in Seneca for further engagement. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 04, 2022
Please who has heard from Jay316?
He planned using Ethiopia and through Mexico during the ban, since then we haven't heard anything.

All the Robust landing gist he say he go give us, Land we no hear not to talk of GIST. I hope he is safe and landed well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:49am On Mar 04, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2022
Semtu:
Please who has done form A recently?

I’ve been trying to submit my application online since yesterday but I keep getting an Internal server error message, any advice?
Did it on Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2022
Semtu:
Please who has done form A recently?

I’ve been trying to submit my application online since yesterday but I keep getting an Internal server error message, any advice?

Keep trying, this might be due to network glitch. I suggest you try early in the morning or overnight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2022
Hey Guys !
So in my letter of introduction my medical validity will expire before traveling,
If I do another medicals do I need to upload through webform to be updated on the portal , and if uploaded on the portal , will I be issued another letter of introduction or I should just take the medical slip and show at POE ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2022
GodsGabby:
Please who has heard from Jay316?
He planned using Ethiopia and through Mexico during the ban, since then we haven't heard anything.

All the Robust landing gist he say he go give us, Land we no hear not to talk of GIST. I hope he is safe and landed well.

He's doing well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abiola11993: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2022
What's the new portal (link) for study visa biko?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceenay(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2022
ShowYoung:
Good Morning Experts,
I have secured an admission for a 1 year Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics at Fanshawe College. I have paid more than half of the total tuition fee $9228 as admission deposit.

My question is if the remaining tuition fee is $8362 which is equal to #2,772,848 @ the CBN rate of $1/ #332, how much more money do I need to show in my account as proof of funds to apply for a study visa?

Thank you for your anticipated response.

I guess you need to show:
* $8362 (the remaining tuition)
* $10,000 (living expenses for a year) and
* $3,000 (other expenses like travel ticket, etc)
Total = $ 21,362

Note - Unlike UK, Canada doesn't really care about showing just the money, you need to show the source of the POF, either through working (payslip), business, sponsorship, or gift deed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceenay(m): 10:22am On Mar 04, 2022
Toceenay:

I guess you need to show:
* $8362 (the remaining tuition)
* $10,000 (living expenses for a year) and
* $3,000 (other expenses like travel ticket, etc)
Total = $ 21,362

Note - Unlike UK, Canada doesn't really care about showing just the money, you need to show the source of your POF, either through working (payslip), business, sponsorship, or gift deed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShallyK: 10:28am On Mar 04, 2022
My note is out and the only reason I see here is POF document. Honestly, I don't understand because I submitted my payslip, MBS for Salary and Savings account, cover letter from mutual funds indicating the balance.
I later sent LOE for lumpsum via Web form and email in first week of January.
See attached note.
Please do I go ahead with buying GIC or do I fund my Canadian bank account with funds and submit just that as fund available for my studies.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sabiodun422: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2022
[/i][i]
buchito1:
With faith, I am booking my PPR alert space

Fresh page, Fresh testimonies. Amen

What God cannot do does not and can never exist!!!

My PPR must drop before the end of next month! ✍️

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AFTER 2DAYS of posting this grin grin grin grin

LONGGGGGG POST ALERT!!!

Guys I really do not know where to start from!
I'm short of words. God's just too good to fail.
I'm still in shock cause I can't really fathom why my application was this quick or why I was just favoured, but I give God all the glory! For he alone is to be praised!

I've been following this thread for about 4yrs now. Just observing with no plans to submit my application. Was just here for the information basically, and to read people's process (which I enjoyed doing) didn't even know I'd eventually apply.

Time came for me to apply, I was scared to the Bone! I was scared to doing it myself! My sponsor (brother) literally begged me to look for an Agent to handle my application, I was skeptical at first, but I succumbed cause I didn't want any issue or stories that touch.

I contacted an agent on this platform, he charged me 150K for admission and 250K for Visa. My sponsor agreed to pay for the first stage (admission). Las las I eventually paid 190K for only admission!!! Only school admission ohhh!!!

Then it was time for Visa Application, and I was told Visa Fee has increased to 300K. And I was like hell No!!! I no go school? Am I daft? No! I can do this shi# myself. 300K no be 300 naira.

That's how it began, took a leap of faith and decided to do and handle my Visa Process myself, and God blessed me with the GOLDEN Mail (PPR)! Guys please do this stuff yourself!
You can do it! Yes YOU! You can!
There's nobody else that cares about your application than you! You don't need any agents NAIRALAND is the real deal! NAIRALAND taught me everything I know and used to get my Approval.

I'm a FIRST TIME APPLICANT, my timeline goes thus, I used the NEW PORTAL,

Upfront Medicals - 22nd November 2021
Application Submitted - 29th November 2021
Biometrics Completed - 3rd December 2021 (updated same day)
Upfront Medicals Updated - 6th December 2021
Then the wait........................^_^
Eligibility Review Started - 25th January 2022
Then a good man, a blessing, friend turned brother, a brother from another mother, Teemenzo (God bless you for me brother, he has always been with me from the beginning of my application) adviced me to send a mail to Abuja which I did, I eventually, reluctantly sent to everybody (London, Nairobi, Lagos, Abuja) yesterday, 26th of January just to disturb then. Lo and behold, today,
Correspondence Letter and PPR letter - 27th January 2022
(Basically my application took 1 month and 28days)

DOCUMENTS Submitted (APPLICANT) -
SOP
International Passport
Receipt First Semester Tution Deposit (7900 CAD)

Letter Of Acceptance
Gift Deed (Notarized)
Screenshot of Gift Deed
My Bank Statement 7 months. (I formerly had 1.6M in my account , with extra 4M as Gift Deed making it 5.6M I had in my account as at time of submission.)
Transcript
BSC Certificate
Police Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Reference Letter from Bank
Affidavit of Return (Notarized)
Local Government Identification Letter
Parents and Siblings and My Birth Certificates
Reference Letter from my PPA during service
WAEC Result
Covid-19 Vaccination Card
Pictures of me and Sponsor. Pictures of me and Sponsor with my family. (Both new and old)
Upfront Medical Slip
Driver's Licence
NIN Slip

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED -
MBS Company Account (6 MONTHS)
CAC
Registration of Business Name
Certificate of Identification Number
Sponsorship Letter (Notarized)
Affidavit of Sponsorship (Notarized)
Reference Letter from Bank
Birth Certificate
NIN Slip
Driver's Licence
International Passport
Landed Property's, (Sponsor has like 5 Landed property. Submitted all and their Deed of conveyance
Business ID Card
Invoices, Tellers, Receipts, of Business.

In all, it's been God. God did it for me. And he'll do it for everyone here. Cause he knows why we're here and what we're looking for.
I'd also like to use this medium to appreciate Teemenzo and EyinjuGod. God bless you guys again for everything. You were with me from the start to the end. I'm rooting for you both. My prayers aren't complete yet, till y'all get your PPR's

I also want to appreciate Makano for the series of questions of mine he answered. God bless you boss. Ketima, thank you for always assisting and encouraging everyone. You actually encouraged me to do this myself and I appreciate, Scotisshh (dunno if I got the spelling correctly) your testimony dey come. Lianna aka Rela, thank you for your encouraging email replies.
I also want to thank you all, my fellow Nairalanders for the congratulatory messages and mentions.

If I decide to reply all mentions, I might fill up 5pages of this new thread. God bless you all. I'd also be here to congratulate y'all when your turn comes. All of us go enter this Canada! That's for sure! smiley

BTW, I'm for University Canada West, April intake.
Going for MBA Business Administration. I'm open to connecting with my fellow UCW students or anyone going to Vancouver by April.

Make i stop here. Story don too plenty! grin
Thank you again guys. God bless us all.!

pls can someone guide me I. Sending msg appropriately to this platform,don't know if am doing it right this way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2022
sabiodun422:
[/i][i] pls can someone guide me I. Sending msg appropriately to this platform,don't know if am doing it right this way

When you quote someone, write your comments outside the person's comments. You will see quote at the beginning and end of the person's comment. Also you can learn the remaining tools like color, bold and italics or emoji as you constantly use this platform

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2022
ShallyK:
My note is out and the only reason I see here is POF document. Honestly, I don't understand because I submitted my payslip, MBS for Salary and Savings account, cover letter from mutual funds indicating the balance.
I later sent LOE for lumpsum via Web form and email in first week of January.
See attached note.
Please do I go ahead with buying GIC or do I fund my Canadian bank account with funds and submit just that as fund available for my studies.
they are only concerned on the money in your account probably it's not enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TomisinFemi: 10:52am On Mar 04, 2022
ShowYoung:
Although some banks don't do Form A other than in USD, if your bank doesn't do in other currency, they would not have approved your Form A request on the Trade System.

I paid to Fanshawe College through Flywire last month from Access Bank. I made my request in CAD and my bank remitted the money to Flywire in CAD.

Thank you so much

When I checked my statement of account, I saw that they first converted from CAD to USD by multiplying the amount by 0.79... and later converted to NGN by multiplying by 419. In short, I paid CAD 9258 and they deducted NGN 3,081,000 from my naira account. This is a rate of $1/#332.

Flywire got the fund in CAD, and Fanshawe College got the same in CAD.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TomisinFemi: 10:53am On Mar 04, 2022
Thank you so much
ShowYoung:
Although some banks don't do Form A other than in USD, if your bank doesn't do in other currency, they would not have approved your Form A request on the Trade System.

I paid to Fanshawe College through Flywire last month from Access Bank. I made my request in CAD and my bank remitted the money to Flywire in CAD.

Thank you so much

When I checked my statement of account, I saw that they first converted from CAD to USD by multiplying the amount by 0.79... and later converted to NGN by multiplying by 419. In short, I paid CAD 9258 and they deducted NGN 3,081,000 from my naira account. This is a rate of $1/#332.

Flywire got the fund in CAD, and Fanshawe College got the same in CAD.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShallyK: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2022
I had decent funds in my personal account.

Jessica50:
they are only concerned on the money in your account probably it's not enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2022
Congratulations bro. May the land of Canada favour u. My PPR and that of others waiting will surely come in Jesus name.

Canadaboyk:
It’s ppr guys! I don’t know if anyone remember me when I came ranting in pain sometime last year October..but please let’s never give up. I was denied on the 29th of October 2021 based on financial and personal asset which I clearly stated here that it doesn’t make any sense based on the substantial evidence I submitted to prove ownership of every tangible assets I own which is also in my name ranging from houses to lands, more than 18 mill in the account that has been there for two years, first term school fees paid etc. after the refusal I applied for my gcms note but put in a new application before it came out and noticed I was misinterpreted as I clearly stated I was the sole sponsor but when I saw what was written on my application I was totally disappointed because it was an error on their side stating my parents were sponsoring which I never made mention of…. I reapplied immediately on the 30th of October with a new Loe, used the court stamp on every documents submitted earlier, added more assets to the application and even cars lol.

Timeline
First student visa application July 19th 2021
Denial 29th of October 2021
Reapplied 30th of October 2021
Medical passed 17th of February 2022
Correspondence and ppr letter 2nd of March 2022

My problem now is I applied for the uk visa November which I got in December and committed 7k pounds to get the admission, CAS and what have you. I’m currently in the uk, classes began last week.. can I send my passport to vsf in London or I have to waybill it back to Nigeria to get it stamped. And if London is possible, how can I go about it getting the passport stamped? Thank you for your guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sabiodun422: 11:09am On Mar 04, 2022
Teemenzo:

When you quote someone, write your comments outside the person's comments. You will see quote at the beginning and end of the person's comment. Also you can learn the remaining tools like color, bold and italics or emoji as you constantly use this platform
I need someone to guide me on application of admission to the university of Manitoba,also how to get my international passport done and how I do need to apply for Visa ,I really need to do this on my own because I have read testimonies of people who have done it by themself koz I do no want to get scam ,have been hearing the agent I intend using is a scam ,what and what documents do I need my mum is just a business woman who does not pay her tax am confused at this point koz is like I do need a tax clearance ....... someone who have more understanding than I do should please put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 11:16am On Mar 04, 2022
Wow Congrats. What God cannot do does not exist. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine will surely come in Jesus name

Time2soar1:
Hallelujah! God has done it.
Got PPR today after almost 10 months

Timeline

First application refused January 29th 2021

Second application submitted May 22nd 2021
Eligibility started May 31st 2021
Ghost update June 3rd 2020
Medical expires August 2021
New medical updated to pass September 2021
Correspondence letter March 3rd 2022
PPR March 3rd 2022
Age over 50 years

First refusal reason was purpose of study and personal assets and finance. In my reapplication, for purpose of study I used sub categories in my statement of purpose such as introduction, why the program, why the school and a specific section on the purpose and benefit of the study. Though I stated all this in the first application I emphasis it more in the second application.

For personal asset and finance, I submitted bank statement and mutual fund investment letter like the first application but this time I liquidated part of my mutual fund investment into my bank account to make sure the money in my bank account is more than the total money I budget for the study for myself and my family then I sent MBS of the bank account and then a new investment letter with the outstanding fund in my mutual fund investment.
I also attached valuation report of my land.

Most importantly I prayed to God for the approval. I give God all the glory because after the first refusal I almost gave up because I though age is against me. More so, I have two Masters degree already and I am going for another Master program but I committed it into God hand and He came through for me.

While waiting I requested GCMS twice but nothing was in them, eligibility shows "review required"

I hope this encourages someone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olutowo(m): 11:19am On Mar 04, 2022
sabiodun422:
I need someone to guide me on application of admission to the university of Manitoba,also how to get my international passport done and how I do need to apply for Visa ,I really need to do this on my own because I have read testimonies of people who have done it by themself koz I do no want to get scam ,have been hearing the agent I intend using is a scam ,what and what documents do I need my mum is just a business woman who does not pay her tax am confused at this point koz is like I do need a tax clearance ....... someone who have more understanding than I do should please put me through

First thing first is the international passport kus without it, u can't do anything...when u have that, then u proceed to UoM to do reseach of courses they offered and if u meet up with the requirements....its a process....before u now talk about visa packaging process...
Just my little cent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 11:20am On Mar 04, 2022
sabiodun422:

This is it, write out you case on this platform. Remove the idea of needing someone. This is the platform you need not someone. People will advice as appropriate. But please try to number all your want done so that it will be easy to refer to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BoluwajiPieters: 11:35am On Mar 04, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:
Good morning everyone.

I've a little problem with my grad school application and transcripts and I'd like to ask the house what potentials steps I can take to get out of this conundrum. I studied pharmacy from OAU and my overall CGPA is 4.26. The problem is in the fact that, unlike how CGPA is being calculated in other schools of pharmacy and departments in general, the calculation of CGPA in my faculty differs. The GP of 100L doesn't contribute to your total CGPA and each class/level after 100L takes a particular percentage of your CGPA Viz: 200L (10%), 300L (20%), 400L (30%) and 500L (40%). That is, if you had 4.3, 4.3, 4.3 and 4.5 across all levels, your final CGPA will be 10,20,30 and 40% of these grade points respectively. This made my transcript complicated and I'm scared it'll pose a problem during application to schools as interpretation will be difficult. I'd like to ask what the house thinks the way forward will be as I'm considering doing WES evaluation of my credentials to reduce this complexity. I also plan to send mails to grad school coordinators about the whole thing to ask if there are ways to circumvent the issue.

Secondly, unofficial transcript for my faculty sent from the school does not have credit units and contains just courses, course title, and grade obtained. Since most schools tend to specifically request for last 60 (or so) units of academic work, I sensed the lack of credit unit will make the transcript hard to be used for admission purposes. I'd really appreciate submissions as to way to go about it as I'd like to apply against Fall '23 intake.

Thank you!

cc:

Makano
Lekiboboe
Ketima
Justmellow

Good morning guys. Please I'd really appreciate responses about this issue..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nickoko: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2022
@Makano@Amons @Others.

Are there any particular reason(s) why my emails are been declined?

See attached

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AdannaJane12: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2022
Hello ,
Good morning,

Buchito1 please can I get your number for a few questions?
And which agent did you use please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 11:47am On Mar 04, 2022
Good morning my people, I just login to my portal now and I see everything is completed including eligibility and Final decision show approved. Does that mean my passport has been stamped? Thou, I chatted Vfs Rep this morning and they said my passport is in transit from Visa office to them. When will I receive my LOI?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AdannaJane12: 11:49am On Mar 04, 2022
Good morning,

Please I need help in regards to getting an admission in a school in Canada.
Is there anyone presently studying at the UNBC (University of Northern British Columbia) in Canada.
I would love to ask a few questions as to how to apply for admission.
I have until May 1 to hit my deadline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.