Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908607 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ManLikeMace: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Time2soar1:

Congratulations on your arrival in Canada. A sweet end to a long journey. May Canada favour you

Thank you!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ManLikeMace: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
don10ky:

Did they include work permit in the study permit?

Everybody with a study permit can work 20hrs a week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ManLikeMace: 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Legacyedition:

Wow, Congratulations. This is great. When is your current program starting?.

Thank you. My program started already

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yemiezay(m): 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
for those that applied to NSCC i just received a mail that their agent in Nigeria will contact me in 10 business days time. i would love to know what questions will those Agent from Nigeria will be asking?
After the call, how will you know they will request for your Transcript?
How many days does one have to either email the transcript or send it to fedex or DHL
And how many days does it take for NSCC to give one admission?

please i need a REPLY ASAP. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2022
Jenniangel:

Lol, no be small heavenly patience oo
lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 2:58pm On Mar 04, 2022
rahmeekadigz:
Exactly, I had to wait a year before I got admission because I was on the waitlist. I had to apply to another school and when the admission finally came,I rejected it.
After all this waiting... they would now put me on waitlist... ah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hello all!

Please can anyone send me the emails of the MP of Ontario or Ottawa!!!

My school is Algonquin College, Ottawa, Ontario.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Boluwajii: 3:06pm On Mar 04, 2022
Good morning everyone,

This is my first time posting on this platform . I hope to share my PPR news soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bunmmy01: 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
@Toceen2022...I also applied to NSCC and passed through all this stages too. Receiving a call from their agent is to confirm the genuity of your application. The agents will not ask for any credentials from you.
Just make sure you submit all documents required(especially your transcript).

You will definitely get a response from them as your admission progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
Pls over here !! *raises hands*
Nikky6:
Hey Guys !
So in my letter of introduction my medical validity will expire before traveling,
If I do another medicals do I need to upload through webform to be updated on the portal , and if uploaded on the portal , will I be issued another letter of introduction or I should just take the medical slip and show at POE ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Canadaboy3: 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Do Applicants get ghost updates before refusal or Approval

Is there anyone who got about 3 ghost updates and later application was refused ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Marytess(f): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
kennyjoy:

Find below the Webform for Nairobi Office

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Credit to Makano.

Also, you can send the email and the attached slip to,
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL: UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT(e medical information sheet) OF MY APPLICATION.

Respected Sir/Ma,

I hope this mail meets you well.

My name is………..As it was written on your passport…. I am contacting you with regards to an UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT on…….2022.

Please upload this additional document for my medical exam and attach it to my application.

My Application Number is ……….. and my Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number is ………

Thanks

High Regards,
Your full name.

Credit to LekiBoBoe

Thank you so much Kenny. Thanks Makano.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenniangel(f): 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2022
AdannaJane12:
Good morning,

Please I need help in regards to getting an admission in a school in Canada.
Is there anyone presently studying at the UNBC (University of Northern British Columbia) in Canada.
I would love to ask a few questions as to how to apply for admission.
I have until May 1 to hit my deadline.
Hi, I also intend to apply to unbc. Though I have started the application process, will complete it by next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Khormzy1(f): 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
or studying any health-related course at St. Lawrence college?

Khormzy1:
anybody studying office administration- health services at St Lawrence College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
Canadaboy3:

Is there anyone who got about 3 ghost updates and later application was refused ?

0, 3 or even 10 ghost updates can lead to either of these outcomes: refusal or approval. In other words, the number of ghost updates has no effect whatsoever on the final decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hello Canadaboy

Lemme briefly talk about Ghost update (GU)

[b]Ghost update
[/b]

This simply means an update made to an application in the background, sometimes a Ghost update (GU) may mean the transferring of a file(application) from one office to another, or may significantly mean eligibility review has been passed, or better still it may also mean your application is approaching a final decision cos they are making a final review on your application..

Not everybody gets a ghost update, some applicants do not get a single GU prior to the final decision of their application. Ghost update happens when a case officer makes a note or comment on your case..

In conclusion, Ghost update doesn't have anything to do with the final decision of an application, either Approval or Refusal.. Many get ghost updates and still get refused and vice versa..

It will end in praise

Peace
Canadaboy3:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2022
I'm sorry then it's a human error. It's sad. You'd have to reapply hoping this time they will take their time to review your Documentation. These are one of the issues I have with IRCC. Applications are not carefully reviewed. If an officer just had a wimp that the application isn't up to par in his own right he/she rejects. You'll get it in your second trial
larryrichie:

I did, i submitted my company CAC along with my ID card so i was confused to see when the VO stated proof of business ownership not provided...
What do you think i can do right now cos it looks like the VO just wanted to refuse my application...

I want to reapply any advise on what to do ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hello emma

Find below the MPs for OTTAWA , ONTARIO

Anita Vandenbeld
anita.vandenbeld@parl.gc.ca

Mona Fortier
mona.fortier@parl.gc.ca

David J. McGuinty

david.mcguinty@parl.gc.ca

Yasir Naqvi
yasir.naqvi@parl.gc.ca

Send a polite and straight to the point message, and make sure you inlcude your UCI and application number so they can easily follow up on your application..

Peace
emmalextemtop:
Hello all!

Please can anyone send me the emails of the MP of Ontario or Ottawa!!!

My school is Algonquin College, Ottawa, Ontario.

Thank you so much!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2022
Please who can help review my SOP for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wesay01:

Promise us that you will not bail out when you get PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Activateoluwase: 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wesay01:

You can reach out to Anon, Makano or Ketima.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pean06: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
pean06:
Good morning gurus in the house,
I am a bit confused again oh…: I need help/ advice. I have a MSc degree in Psychology(Clinical). But based on advice from my agent I applied to Fanshawe with my BSc degree and I got the admission.
Now that I have to apply for study permit, I am confused because I don’t know if I should let the VO know that I have MSc or I shouldn’t ( will it affect my application?).

I am worried about the study gap between 2015 and now. I worked in a bank briefly between 2018 and 2018 before I finally resigned for MSc ……

P.S I got my BSc in 2015, MSc in OCT 2021, I am currently doing my clinical internship (a prerequisite for NACP membership and Licensure).
House please people that know help me respond… I got advice that I shouldn’t, but I am worried about study gap…. Ejoooo e ba mi da si
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pean06: 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
pean06:
I am a bit confused again oh…: I need help/ advice. I have a MSc degree in Psychology(Clinical). But based on advice from my agent I applied to Fanshawe with my BSc degree and I got the admission.
Now that I have to apply for study permit, I am confused because I don’t know if I should let the VO know that I have MSc or I shouldn’t ( will it affect my application?).

I am worried about the study gap between 2015 and now. I worked in a bank briefly between 2018 and 2018 before I finally resigned for MSc ……

P.S I got my BSc in 2015, MSc in OCT 2021, I am currently doing my clinical internship (a prerequisite for NACP membership and Licensure).

House please people that know what can be done help me respond… I got advice that I shouldn’t, but I am worried about study gap…. Ejoooo e ba mi da si
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rahmeekadigz(f): 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hopefully your course is not filled up yet.

HazeeyzaH:

After all this waiting... they would now put me on waitlist... ah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gift212: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
What course are you going for now? How will you explain the gap? You basically say what you've been doing since 2015. Also if you leave it out in your visa application now "and so hold your peace" on it in subsequent visa applications. You just have to be convincing in how this new course helps your future/career progression.
pean06:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
Bunmmy01:
@Toceen2022...I also applied to NSCC and passed through all this stages too. Receiving a call from their agent is to confirm the genuity of your application. The agents will not ask for any credentials from you.

Please how long before they send letter of acceptance.. my application is 3 months long and counting??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rahmeekadigz(f): 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
Good evening, after you apply,send a scanned copy of your credentials(waec,neco,bsc etc) to their email address admissions@nscc.ca..you can also include your waec/neco(I used both results)scratch card details along with it.
The agent will call you 3/4 weeks after submission.they can ask you anything and the call won't last for a long time.

yemiezay:
for those that applied to NSCC i just received a mail that their agent in Nigeria will contact me in 10 business days time. i would love to know what questions will those Agent from Nigeria will be asking?
After the call, how will you know they will request for your Transcript?
How many days does one have to either email the transcript or send it to fedex or DHL
And how many days does it take for NSCC to give one admission?

please i need a REPLY ASAP. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

Please how long before they send letter of acceptance.. my application is 3 months long and counting??

Does your courses required Portfolio assessment? In all sha I think NSCC admission nah long tinz, in my own cases I submitted my application around July 2021, after zoom interview with the faculty lecturer and everything, I was even told that have passed the admission requirement, still took them 5months before they send my Acceptance letter but before then another college as given me admission have even submitted my study permit application. I would advice you to apply to another college while you wait for NSCC decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anifowoshehabee: 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
makano:
Hello emma

Find below the MPs for OTTAWA , ONTARIO

Anita Vandenbeld
anita.vandenbeld@parl.gc.ca

Mona Fortier
mona.fortier@parl.gc.ca

David J. McGuinty

david.mcguinty@parl.gc.ca

Yasir Naqvi
yasir.naqvi@parl.gc.ca

Send a polite and straight to the point message, and make sure you inlcude your UCI and application number so they can easily follow up on your application..

Peace

@makano please this mail is it meant for the schools that are included in mpower? Or prolly maybe all the schools in ontario, ottawa can get mpower loan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
Bunmmy01:

I'm not gonna even proceed with the application anymore, they should eat the application fee. I later found out that the tuition deposit of $1000 is non-refundable even if someone didn't get the visa at the first trial, and if one chose to defer to another intake, you'll have to pay a new deposit of same amount.

It doesn't make any sense at all!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmyoged: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2022
TomisinFemi:
Hello everyone. I made my flywire invoice in CAD not USD. Though my form A has been approved (debited) but not disbursed. I hope CBN will transfer in CAD not USD cos flywire said they will return payment in wrong currencies and I've been seeing people's posts about having to convert to USD first.. please help, thank you

Either your payment is in USD or CAD from CBN, Everything hits the school account as CAD. In actual fact you are more correct using your CAD invoice in this case for your Form A. Stay calm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MrsOwoks: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
I must testify next week in Jesus name! No delay no denial in Jesus name, Amen!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.