Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909427 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2022
BoluwajiPieters:

Congrats on your admission!

If you don't mind me asking...

Which school? Did it come with funding? What course?
Thanks
University of Victoria, BC
MA in Educational Psychology
Funding will be available by April, but they've not mentioned how much it'll be.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
kingxy:
My people please I need urgent help on how to get the info on the next opening for Conestoga. I just saw that September is closed.
What program of study do you need help with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onlinedoctor: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
Is Switch health a covid testing lab available in Nigeria?

Then proceeded to the arrival Covid test cz I was selected. Luckily I had registered for switch health so it was easy..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hi guys can i list all my document to be submitted in my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ujunwa02(f): 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Please I want to apply for a study visa in Canada, can anyone out me through on the step by step procedures, would really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
Funds available for my stay is going to be my tuition fee + 10000cad or more right?
And also i will have to convert my SOP to pdf right?[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
Wesay01:
Funds available for my stay is going to be my tuition fee + 10000cad or more right?
And also i will have to convert my SOP to pdf right?[b][/b]

Yes

For you to merge the docs, yes you will need to

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
Somidotun5:
Good afternoon everyone,
Please the SOP should be like how many pages? Is 5 pages too much?

Also, when using the new portal, at the end of the application, should the 16 year old applicant sign by herself or one of her parent should sign for her?

Please I await your replies.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
Anon123:

Yes

Alright thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abiola11993: 5:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
What's the link for the new portal pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good day all, please I am a bit confused. On the new portal, a question on if your spouse would be joining you later in Canada?

Please should I choose yes because I actually plan to join later but on the other hand, does this reduce the home tie?
What If I choose no and I am later denied SOWP?
Please what are your ideas?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
Legab1:
Hello my fellow nairalanders and aspiring migrants. Thank you and God bless.
Please how did you contact Mr Frank. I've been trying, he's not answering my mails. Biko, help me with his contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
angel4sure:
Good day my people. Hope your day is going well.

Pls why is it hard to get a supervisor in Canada schools for Masters. I have being writing to them yet no response. I earlier sent an email I sent to a supervisor on this thread and I was corrected in some areas of my email. I later revamped my mail and sent again, yet no response. I even used grammerly and depli checker to make sure my email was ok. Yet no response. Am just tired. I really need to leave this shit hole of a country, pls what can I do. I need to begin classes with the September batch, and Time is running out, but am yet to get a supervisor who has agreed to supervise me. Below is an email I sent to a supervisor 3days ago, pls is there anything wrong with this mail ���

Dear Dr. Andrea Kraj,

I am writing to ....

I sent my CV and TRANSCRIPT in PDF

The better way to get thier attention is to talk about them first and not you. Talk about their paper or profile you read and what you find interesting about it.

Dear Professor Kunta,

I read your paper on the destabilization of Nigerian economy. My previous research on the devaluation of naira have similar conclusion to your paper that both issues are a function of ... and .... I would like to explore this or similar topics further. Are accepting graduate students?

I have attached my resume and transcript for your review. I am available to discuss my interest and future potential contribution to your lab. You can reach me on +234807685424 or through other contacts provided on my resume. Thank you.

Regards,
Chinese African.

Point 1: Always start with what the person is doing or need and not you. The truth is that they care more about themselves and their needs and job than you. Even your email subject should focus on them more (e.g. Research inquiry, not prospective international student) if you want better chances that they will read it.

Point 2: Make it short and readable. They receive a lot of emails from potential students. if they spend a lot of time to read everything everyone sent, they won't have time to do their Job. Reading or replying potential student email is not part of their job requirements. They can do without it and recruit directly from their current undergraduate class.

Point 3: You came slightly late. Most professors accept students between July and December for the following September session. Only few accept student for other admission window.

All of these are just my personal opinion. Every individual is different. Just don't give up, but try to do things better. See if you can learn and use one or two things from my points. All the best.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by walexing2003: 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
Legab1:
Hello my fellow nairalanders and aspiring migrants. I wish for you all to felicitate with me as I have been duly approved by the IRCC to travel to Canada with my TWO KIDS. Truly this had seemed like an impossible feat for me but like they say God made a way where there seemed to be none.

Breakdown of my timeline:
Application was submitted: November 27, 2021
Medical Request: February 9, 2022
Original Passport Request: March 4, 2022
Arrival of my stamped visa passport from VFS: March 10, 2022.

Below are custom list of documents I submitted with my study visa application.

IRCC FORMS
1. Barcode Page
2. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
3. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
4. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

My Personal Documents
1. Conestoga Unconditional Official Letter of Admission,
2. Tuition deposit receipt. I only paid ($1,500CAD)
3. My Birth Certificate,
4. Police Character Certificate,
5. WAEC Certificate,
6. My International Passport Bio data page,
7. Family picture.
8. Statement of Purpose
9. My NYSC discharge certificate
10. Degree certificate
11. Transcripts
12. Social club letters
13. Landed properties in Nigeria (Deed of Assignments),
14. Scanned pages of my previous visas to Dubai
15. Passport Photograph.
16. IELTS Certificate
17. My Husband's death certificate
18. Affidavit of Return

Employment documents/Source of Income Documents:
1. Letter of Introduction from my personal company.
2. Statement of Account (Personal Account)
4. Bank reference letter
3. Certificate of business registration (CAC)
4. Particulars of directors of my company.
5. Article of association and memorandum
6. PDF screenshot Instagram handle and other social media platforms where my business features
8. Business invoices.
9. Pictures with my employees

My Children Documents

1. International passport bio data pages of my kids
2. Letter of Introduction from my children educational institution in Nigeria
3. Email correspondence with a Daycare/school around Conestoga College showing that my kids have been waitlisted.
4. Passport Photographs of my kids
5. Report sheet from my Children educational institution.

Having lost my husband a while back and with the current state of the country as we all know, I made the decision to migrate to Canada with my two children through the Canadian study route. After conducting various researches and upon some consultations, I began to feel like this was an impossible feat as I came across various takes from individuals claiming how nearly impossible getting an approval would be for me. This was exacerbated by the fact that the program I was applying for was totally different from my educational background (You see, I had applied for a Global Hospitality Management program with a previous degree in Accounting). According to various people, this further slimmed my chances of having my visa approved.

Then came @Frankrobbn1. I came across Mr, Frank (CEO of fandrglobal.com) in my search for a reliable, competent and result-proven agent who could handle my peculiar case and put together a befitting profile for me. I had read several reviews about the quality of his services and how he had already helped many individuals move to Canada, but the unique thing is that none of these reviews even did true justice to Mr. Frank's efficiency.

Once I placed him on retainer, he assured me that I was in the best hands. However, this was my first trial and because of the peculiarity of my case, I was quite frantic. I called incessantly trying to know how far he had gone and how he was progressing with my application. Surprisingly, for a man with a busy schedule, Mr. Frank never lost his cool over my calls. He continuously reassured me that he was exerting his full expertise into putting together the best profile for me. Even after he had submitted and I would still call for updates, Mr. Frank still calmed me down by insisting in the quality of his competence which had already as he would say 'been tested and trusted'. Truly, I have confirmed the truth of the quality of @Frankrobbn1 's services because behold my visa has just been APPROVED for both myself and MY TWO CHILDREN!! Truly what seemed impossible has now materialized.

I pray that the almighty God will bless @Frankrobbn1 for me. The good Lord that used you to work a testimony for me will continue to elevate you. There are not enough words to express the amount of joy coursing through my body right now. My children and I will be making the move to CANADA!. Our migration success story would have never been written without Mr. Frank.

My fellow Nairalanders and aspiring migrants who are seeing this testimony and wish to make the move to Canada, my honest advice to you is to consult @Frankrobbn1 for his expert services on packaging the best immigration applicationfor you. I can assure you that whatever amount spent on procuring such services will not be remembered when you are staring your approval in the face. I wish you all the best and I hope to see everyone here in Canada someday. Thank you and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Maypearl: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
gaeul:
Mine was 7pages and it was approved. There are no rules, just be precise and clear...

Mine is also 7pages and it will be approved grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
ocpaschal:
Pls I need advise. I graduated with a BSc in Political Science (3.04 CGPA) in 2015. I intend to study Masters in Canada but I heard that studying Masters in Political Science does not guarantee Permanent residency (PR) in the future because Political Science isn't a degree with skills in demand. Pls is this true?
If true, which Masters degree course can I opt for or change to even if it is unrelated or partially related to my background?

They lied to you. Government care less about your potential job after graduation. In fact, you don't even state that as your plan when you apply for study visa because it may suggest you don't want to go back home.

However, your CGPA is too low if that is over 5 and your last two years is not above 4/5. You may be better with a graduate certificate or diploma. If you are thinking job after graduation, then I won't advise you to do any political science related program. I dont think the job market is that great, but that won't affect your student visa.

If you want better job prospect currently, do something related to Data or IT. Since you did research for your undergrad, you probably have some data analysis skills and experience to defend your choice.

Another thing to consider is whether you are a fresh graduate or with some experience. That's a topic for your student visa and you should consider it before applying for admission. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
ShowYoung:
Good Afternoon Gurus,

I want to ask if it's okay for me to apply based on my proof of funds.

My tuition fee is $17,593. I have paid $9,288 as tuition deposit. I believe the remaining tuition remains $8000+.

Now, I want to apply with #7.2million Naira in my account. Is this amount enough as a self sponsor?

It is enough for a single applicant. You may need more if you are married. More if you have kids. That said, Canada care more about where you get the money from. So be ready to explain that with documented evidence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2022
Please I need your assistance. Please help!!!

Abby212 [b:
post=110949334]Good day all, please I am a bit confused. On the new portal, a question on if your spouse would be joining you later in Canada?

Please should I choose yes because I actually plan to join later but on the other hand, does this reduce the home tie?
What If I choose no and I am later denied SOWP?
Please what are your ideas?
Thank[/b]s
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ayomide5651: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good evening everyone. Is it advisable to apply for canada study visa, with a passport that has a canceled stamp of uk visit visa on it. Or I should get a new passport before applying for the canada study visa. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
Que Sera Sera

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
Anon123:

Yes

What about with a 2 year old? How much do I need to have?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by paradisewoods: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hi guys please i am trying to book a flight from Lagos Nigeria to Vancouver Canada. But all airlines are asking me to pay in USD online. Please how can I pay in Naira or do you have airline that allows payment in Naira. Please help it's urgent. Thanks everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
*Hello House, please i need the input of the GURUS on this concern.

For someone going for a 4year University Bsc program and fees is 18,100 Cad, a year. How much should be shown on POF? I know the rule says 1yr tuition & living expense, but the new portal asks for total duration fees. So what should be Nigerian bank balance on POF. 4yrs tuition or the IRCC rule of 1yr?

Note, 1st semester fees already paid even though the school does not ask for deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
What a country

Update…

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BECKY6240: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello house.
Thank you so much for your contribution on this platform it has really helped me on my plan to migrate to canada.
Pls my questions are; i
1. Is it advisable to go through the OCAS to apply for schools to enable me apply for 3 schools with a minimal application fee.
2. On the part where they ask who will pay my school fees. Its my husband that is going to finance everything. Should I pick myself or sponsor option?
Your swift response will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 7:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
Ayomide5651:
Good evening everyone. Is it advisable to apply for canada study visa, with a passport that has a canceled stamp of uk visit visa on it. Or I should get a new passport before applying for the canada study visa. Thank you
Cancelled without prejudice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by angel4sure: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
Thank you Toceen for this insight on my CGPA. never knew I was down grading myself.
Pls my CGPA for my 300 and 400 level are
4.33 and 4.36 respectively. Pls how do I calculate it so I get the total for the last two years.

Secondly, a big congratulations on your admission. Am Soo happy for you. I just pray my own testimony will come soonest. Am really tired of this country. Pls I want to ask , were you given full funding for your program? I really need full funding because I dnt have money to pay for the fees.
Toceen2022:

Hello,
* First of all, it's late to start looking for a supervisor for a Master's program. I can categorically tell you that all applications for masters program for international students starting in September 2022 are closed, not to talk of getting a supervisor and applying. In fact, many have already received a response based on the application they've submitted since last year. So you can only start looking for a supervisor for September 2023 admission.

# No 2. I think your cold mail is too lengthy, you don't need to talk about everything you've done, just focus on areas you share in common with the professor, and few outstanding things you've achieved that can quickly catch interest (A write up says cold mail should not exceed 100 - 150 words) but with details that are catchy.

# No 3. Your CGPA percentage is not 65%. If you had 3.84/5 CGPA, then it is 76.8%. You can use CGPA conversion sites to see. Just Google "CGPA percentage conversion, select any of the search results, pick your grading scale which is 5.0 and input your CGPA (3.84) and click submit... You should calculate your last 2 years as well, if your last 2 years (e.g 300 and 400L) at the university is over 3.84, I'll suggest you mention it in your mail as well.

#No 4. Getting a supervisor can really be challenging. But in your own case, I believe they didn't respond because it is too late, all professors and doctors would have already known students they want to work with by Fall and admissions would have already be given out.

In my own case, I started mailing potential supervisors last year May/June 2021 for September 2022. It was just 3 that responded. The first person said she'll be retiring the year I planned to start, the second one said I should just apply and use his name, while the third one set a date with me and interview me through zoom. After that she agreed to supervise me and send my details to the department.
I applied to the school around October last year, and I just received admission for Sept 2022 intake few days ago. Mind you my overall CGPA is 3.8/5, but last 2 years is 4.1

So, focus on next intake, September 2022 is not possible again. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
Scott99tish:
What a country

Update…

What a sad country. How will people not resort to Fraud? You are cutting our means of international transaction. Whi does that. Such a low-minded leadership.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
Last info was Youth traveling out and He want to stop that.
This is His way.

Stupid leaders…
Foolish cows

Teemenzo:

What a sad country. How will people not resort to Fraud? You are cutting our means of international transaction. Whi does that. Such a low-minded leadership.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.