Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (914095 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
paradisewoods:
Hi guys please i am trying to book a flight from Lagos Nigeria to Vancouver Canada. But all airlines are asking me to pay in USD online. Please how can I pay in Naira or do you have airline that allows payment in Naira. Please help it's urgent. Thanks everyone

Ethiopian airline, payment is in NGN, and their fares are one of the cheapest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmy10: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
Scott99tish:
Que Sera Sera
Whatever will be, will be. ☺
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1oak: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello all please what’s the process for getting passport stamped after PPR. And which is the fastest right now Lagos or Abuja? Need an answer please thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akukusesemomo: 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello everyone

Please around what time of day (Naija time) do PPR request usually come in?

Also do they ever come in during the weekends?

Thanks

(I am hoping someone kindly responds, thanks)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
Scott99tish:
Last info was Youth traveling out and He want to stop that.
This is His way.

Stupid leaders…
Foolish cows

Terrible leadership tactics. This act even fuels the desire to leave. They should come and stop us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BoluwajiPieters: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
angel4sure:
Thank you Toceen for this insight on my CGPA. never knew I was down grading myself.
Pls my CGPA for my 300 and 400 level are
4.33 and 4.36 respectively. Pls how do I calculate it so I get the total for the last two years.

Secondly, a big congratulations on your admission. Am Soo happy for you. I just pray my own testimony will come soonest. Am really tired of this country. Pls I want to ask , were you given full funding for your program? I really need full funding because I dnt have money to pay for the fees.

Hello!

If you'd be applying for fall 23, we can connect and try to work things together. The whole admission and visa thing takes time and God's grace. I'll leave you a message via Nairaland. We can share ideas if you don't mind. I plan to start sending mails as early as May. We'll be fine.

Just sum up your last two years and find the average. In your case, your last two years should be around 85+%.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
paradisewoods:
Hi guys please i am trying to book a flight from Lagos Nigeria to Vancouver Canada. But all airlines are asking me to pay in USD online. Please how can I pay in Naira or do you have airline that allows payment in Naira. Please help it's urgent. Thanks everyone

If you don't mind Ethiopian airline, use their app. I think their app is more convenient than their website. All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
1oak:
Hello all please what’s the process for getting passport stamped after PPR. And which is the fastest right now Lagos or Abuja? Need an answer please thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnchan2: 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
am I the only one who noticed the scarcity of PPR testimony this week??
I can't remember any self. Well, I guess asides from one testimony on Monday .....

IRCC what's up now?
this is really frustrating... silence everywhere
I don't want to say an depressed but this wait is killing ....
Im tried

It's well with us ...
God will answer our prayers soonest. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
You only post when you need help.
Timeline and document submitted not shared.

Inside Life
1oak:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by fogechi: 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
NorthernshoreTS:

Hey Fogechi. You can reach out to me via my signature and I'll help you sort this out.
Godspeed.

bros thank you.....i really appreciate.

Guys I have been able to solve the issue through his assistance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by NgumimiT: 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2022
Scott99tish:
What a country

Update…

They might as well say we can’t spend USD because wtf can $20 do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacklens: 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
Pls house, what are the documents required at the Police force Annex, for Criminal Clearance Certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Betterlife2018: 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
Thank you so much. Highly grateful

ShowYoung:
Kindly do not part with Flywire naira payment as the rates are exhorbitant.

Select Flywire International payment in CAD or USD.

Visist Flywire website, type in your school name and get a receipt.

With Flywire receipt, you can apply for Form A on the CBN's Trade System. Flywire receipt in CAD or USD will serve as your school bill.

Documents to upload for Form A.
1. Admission Letter
2. Flywire receipt.
3. Highest credential (HND/Bsc etc).
4. Passport Bio-data Page.

Ensure you are sure of the bank you are selecting. Some banks do Form A only in USD. If this is the case, choose USD receipt on Flywire, but CAD will give the best rate.

Choice of banks to avoid delay:
Access Bank (2 weeks all currency), Jaiz (4 days USD only), Globus bank (1 week, USD only and BSC, MSc and PhD only)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by finnacle2020: 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2022
@makano Frankrobbn, Anno123 others please assist

my tuition fee is $16,000 (only one year tuition is stated on the LOA)
Total dollar equivalent in my account for this is $43,000

please assist check if what i filled is ok

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tosynn007: 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello gurus

I recently applied for my study permit on the 5th of march, did biometric on the 8th of march. Background check started almost immediately. Can someone tell me the average processing time till they conclude the background check and move over to eligibility review. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wealthh: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
tosynn007:
Hello gurus

I recently applied for my study permit on the 5th of march, did biometric on the 8th of march. Background check started almost immediately. Can someone tell me the average processing time till they conclude the background check and move over to eligibility review. Thanks
3 to 4months!
But grace fit speak for you and they answer you within 2months..Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
Jacklens:
Pls house, what are the documents required at the Police force Annex, for Criminal Clearance Certificate?

Your international passport and passport photograph

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tosynn007: 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Thanks boss
Wealthh:

3 to 4months!
But grace fit speak for you and they answer you within 2months..Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello Maypearl

Sorry for coming in late, guess the moniker has been deleted..

Next time just knock on Justwise door for peeps like that..

Peace
Maypearl:

Makano Biko who is that person you used to call when a scam enters our mist. It’s like we need his attention here. From his/her username and clicking on his/her previous posts. It’s obvious this person is a digital m#d person. He needs to take his issues to the streets where it belongs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello fohechi

Sorry for the late response, I have had alot to deal with in the last 2 days..

Now, you can go ahead with this though, the purpose of all this is just to show that your family wont suffer while you are away in Canada studying..

Peace
fogechi:

makano still waiting please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello Abiona

Your previous refused application has to do with you and not your sponsor though, but that doesnt mean you should relent on your sponsor's part in your re-application.. I will advise you get your GCMS notes to really know the concern of the Visa Officer as regards your refused application...

Peace
AbionaT:
*Makano, Anon 123, Teemenzo please help ooo*
All the guru in the house.
Please I need your advice on what to do for my study permit re-application

1) my sponsors is using her husband business name to buy goods from company, because she did not register her business, but there are goods she also purchased from importers of goods too
Please what documents or receipt can I get from her

2)How may number of receipt should i get from her for me to put in my application

My former application was refused based on personal asset and financial status.
Please I need your help because I am gathering documents for another application.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello Ujunwa

Put in some work and start reading from the 1st page, before you get to this present page, you would have been loaded with the information you need.. And if you are not still clear about some things, you can always ask your questions here, the knowledgeable peeps here will put you through..

Peace
Ujunwa02:
Please I want to apply for a study visa in Canada, can anyone out me through on the step by step procedures, would really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
Yep

Yes, you will need to convert your SOP to pdf cos you will need to merge it with other documents of same file format which is pdf..

Peace
Wesay01:
Funds available for my stay is going to be my tuition fee + 10000cad or more right?
And also i will have to convert my SOP to pdf right?[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello Somidotun

1. There are no approved number of pages for SOP, personally I have seen applicant get their PPR with just a page of SOP and 12 pages of SOP.. The goal is for you to be able to convince the Visa Officer of your genuine intention to study In Canada based on your prior situation..

2. Any one below the age of 18 will get the consent of parent or guardian..

Peace
Peace
Somidotun5:
Good afternoon everyone,
Please the SOP should be like how many pages? Is 5 pages too much?

Also, when using the new portal, at the end of the application, should the 16 year old applicant sign by herself or one of her parent should sign for her?

Please I await your replies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello Kingxy

The next opening for Conestoga which is Winter 2023 will be opened between April to May this year, be on a look..

Peace
kingxy:
My people please I need urgent help on how to get the info on the next opening for Conestoga. I just saw that September is closed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello Anon

The bolded is not totally correct..

I have personally seen a 12 page SOP getting an approval..

Also many of my applicants that have gotten PPR have more than 5 pages of SOP.. Everybody have their own issues, situations, conditions to explain to the Visa officer as regards their genuine intention to go study in Canada..

The applicants with many pages should just make sure their write up addresses every bit of their situation and how genuine they are in their proposed study in Canada..

Remember what works for A, may not work for B, and what did not work for C may work for D..

Every application is unique and different..

Peace
Anon123:

I have seen an SOP of half page and this man got approved. Point is, try to give sellable points to be able to convince the VO.

5pages is too much because a VO will not have such time to read the entire pages since he is attending to more than 20apps per day.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello Easy2018

Its actually slim getting your Visa when you going together with your wife, but not impossible..

But if you insist you wanna go together with your wife, you must have strong home ties that will force your return back to your home country, Cos the Visa officer will obviously know that you both wont return.. Remember its a temporary permit you are applying for and not an Express entry application, so you must really have convincing reasons for the Visa officer to show that you both will return back to your home country...

If you know you wont be able to convince the Visa officer of your return(yourself and your wife) to your home country, then I will advise you apply alone and use your wife as your home tie..

Peace
Easy2018:
Hello everyone,

I have applied to schools in canada. I intend to travel with my wife. What are my chances of getting visa for both of me and my wife to travel together?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by matthew080: 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
Pls can u explain this ,
what does it mean

quote author=Scott99tish post=110952117]What a country

Update…[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Maypearl: 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
makano:
Hello Maypearl

Sorry for coming in late, guess the moniker has been deleted..

Next time just knock on Justwise door for peeps like that..

Peace

Alright I will. Hope you’re fine. We’ve not felt your presence on the thread for a while
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by freshdude: 10:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
Olanrae:
One more thing
I’m having an issue with statement of account
My dad was unable to build his account for me due to some expenses he had to incur

Can anyone advice me on what I can do
If there’s any alternative
And I might need to put in my application by March cos the school said I need to be in Winnipeg before mid August

I also got admitted into Manitoba uni, M.A Economics. currently having challenge sending my official transcript to Manitoba. I will be sending you a private message shortly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Maypearl: 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
Scott99tish:
You only post when you need help.
Timeline and document submitted not shared.

Inside Life

You guys should be trying to confirm this your accusations well na. A simple tap on a username and viewing users posts will show whether a user deserve harsh responses or not. He posted his timeline and told us his story. Granted he didn’t post his documents, but he attempted timeline and acknowledged those that helped him. Does that sound like a taker to you. We should be calming down, I know weather is hot, but make we cool down small for each other.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.