Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (903611 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 10:33am On Mar 17, 2022
Saidat006:
Can I sponsor myself and if yes how much should I have in the account.

Yes, your first year tuition and 10,000cad living expense
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ocpaschal: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2022
Toceen2022:

Lemme get you right... Your undergraduate degree is in political science and you've not had any work experience in disability studies field, like teaching or counselling?

Well, if that is the case, I'll strongly advise not to go for the program. Such programs are highly professional and require strong background in courses like learning, child development (emotional, cognition and social), and a lot of psychological studies in education as prerequisite before doing a masters. It's almost impossible to secure admission without having such background. But many schools may accept years of experience in that field to cover for it.

But, it doesn't affect the process of getting a PGWP either course or thesis base route.

Noo, I don't... You can Google it.
SOP related to special education or child support care could be useful too.
I actually have teaching experience, though it was only one year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ocpaschal: 10:42am On Mar 17, 2022
makano:
Hello Teeunz

Below are the documents required of a sponsor

- Statement of Account
- Birth certificate (to prove relationship)
- Picture of yourself and Sponsor
- Letter of Sponsorship
- Affidavit of Sponsorship
- Letter of explanation of lumpsum (If there is Lump sum)
- Pension statement (If Sponsor is retired)
- Retirement letter
- Retirement bond
- Retirement party pictures
- Employment Letter (If sponsor is employed)
- Promotion Letters
- Pay Slips
- CAC documents (If sponsor is a business person)
- Transaction invoices or receipts
- Tax clearance certificate
- Car document (Not necessary )
- Properties and pictures of them
- Survey plan of houses and land receipts
- Tenancy agreement (If sponsor owns a rented apartment)
- Sponsor's bank statement (MBS of 6 months )
- House evaluation

Others can add to the list..

Peace
Can my uncle or aunt be a sponsor? Is this acceptable in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:46am On Mar 17, 2022
You all want to tell me that IRCC don forget people wey dey Nairaland. E no possible. I see ppr everyday but no more on this platform. How is that possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 10:49am On Mar 17, 2022
Same thing I wanted to say oo
Teemenzo:
You all want to tell me that IRCC don forget people wey dey Nairaland. E no possible. I see ppr everyday but no more on this platform. How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2022
prospectiveapp:
Same thing I wanted to say oo

It is well. I just have this to say. Its not interesting when you get ppr probably few days ago or weeks ago and come back to declare it. What happened to those days when people declare immediately they get their pprs. Seriously, i miss those days.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmy10: 11:01am On Mar 17, 2022
Teemenzo:

It is well. I just have this to say. Its not interesting when you get ppr probably few days ago or weeks ago and come back to declare it. What happened to those days when people declare immediately they get their pprs. Seriously, i miss those days.
As in, we'd have like 5 or 6 in a day and everyone would be happy. Now, I don't even understand. Please, those PPRs you see, are most of them October to December applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2022
Omo I’m claiming this timeline below with faith too �
Application- November 11 2021
Upfront Medicals passed- December 2021
Eligibility review started Since February 2022
Bvl & PPR- Anytime from now in Jesus’ name �

Amen!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2022
You welcome
Teeunz:

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2022
You Welcome
ANGELAREE:

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:11am On Mar 17, 2022
Amen..

My pleasure
Themmiee21:
God bless u always @makano...

what a very detailed response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:15am On Mar 17, 2022
Hello ocpascal

Of course they can be your sponsors, but they are considered 3rd party sponsors..

This means that since they are not your parents, they must go the extra length to convince the Visa officer of their total commitment to your studies all through your stay in Canada. Yourself and your sponsor have a lot of convincing to do in your application as regards sponsorship. This doesn't mean you wont also focus on other areas..

Peace [
ocpaschal:
Can my uncle or aunt be a sponsor? Is this acceptable in Canada?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oluoxide2(m): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2022
Teemenzo:

There is high chances that if you do your application yourself and you get your PPR, you will say it here immediately, but if you use an agent, the chances will be low. My opinion for that reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pumpernickle: 11:23am On Mar 17, 2022
Let me also claim my timeline
Application: 23rd November
upfront medical passed: 23rd December
Eligibility Review: 3rd February till now
Ppr: Very soon Insha Allah

congratulations to us in advance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2022
Kuze1:

I just went to the Mpower Financing website and answered a few questions. I submitted my bvn and a credit check was done through Nova Credit in Nigeria. I got an email saying I was eligible and received a conditional offer. I was then asked to submit some details including my bank statement up to a certain amount which was dependent on the loan request. It’s pretty straightforward, let me know if you need further help.
hello please If you don’t mind answering what degree are you going for to be eligible masters , PGD ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olamitodotun14: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2022
I got married 2019, unfortunately i discovered there was a clerical mistake on my government issued marriage certificate. My occupation was recorded as self-employed whereas i was employed.
We have an ongoing student visa, and we have been asked to submit a government issued marriage certificate (we initially submitted the one we got from mosque plus a marriage affidavit, just to avoid explaining the mistake, because it might lead to conflict of information).
What do you suggest we do?
Will an affidavit addressing the clerical mistake suffice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 11:32am On Mar 17, 2022
Thanks for your input

kweje:

Flywire details.
Flywire will transfer the funds to your college when they receive it from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 11:38am On Mar 17, 2022
Armah22:
you can do both. Notes take like a month and sometimes mps don’t reply so just order your notes so you don’t loose both ways

Uhmmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Josh3322: 11:40am On Mar 17, 2022
thanks
Kam3:

Send it through webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2022
Select Quebec here, and enter the postal code of your school or residence.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/search?searchText=H1H%204S3&parliament=all#

If you need further guidance, let me know.

Calmdancer21:
Please i need help with email address for MP's representing the Montreal region. thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Josh3322: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2022
I applied on Nov 11th also, but eligibility review hasn't started.
feistymikey:

Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aamey15: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2022
Please i need your recommendation with a Bank that will process my Form A fast, I want to initiate payment now so i need your recommendation. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2022
Easy pls,most first timers genuinely think it's easy to navigate through whstapp than coming to Google search engine...they are first timers for a reason..Just respond that there is no WhatsApp group except they are specifically asking for their schools WhatsApp
Teemenzo:

Awwwwn, yes ooo i am going through stuff. Nigeria is a stuff on its own. So if you won't mind, So gba e.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2022
Wow! Submitted application on the 10th of Nov and got PPR on the 10th of Feb, exactly 3months. Keep sending emails and webforms, morning and night. When Nairobi sent my PPR letter, Abuja office informed me. So send emails to all of them. Also pray always.

It will end in praise for you in Jesus Name Amen.

feistymikey:

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2022
Oh I see you guys have settled..nice one..
Danikcm:
Lol, bro code... sometimes it's a more legit way of clearing the air

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2022
Hello!

Sending mails to IRCC, MP's and ordering for GCMS notes, which of the them aids fast response of IRCC on my application that is 3months old yesterday? Only emails

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2022
Stanbic IBTC (tested and trusted), Union Bank, and maybe UBA...

Others can put in other banks that are also fast..

Peace
aamey15:
Please i need your recommendation with a Bank that will process my Form A fast, I want to initiate payment now so i need your recommendation. Thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2022
Hello Emma

Sending mails to IRCC and also MPs can in a way have an effect in a quick response from IRCC..

But GCMS notes does not in any way have any effect on a quick response from IRCC, Its just a coincidence for applicants that got final response days after ordering their GCMS notes..

Peace
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

Sending mails to IRCC, MP's and ordering for GCMS notes, which of the them aids fast response of IRCC on my application that is 3months old yesterday? Only emails

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jollytravels: 11:57am On Mar 17, 2022
UNITY BANK TOOK 2 DAYS TO PROCESS MY OWN FORM A FOR ME.

makano:
Stanbic IBTC (tested and trusted), Union Bank, and maybe UBA...

Others can put in other banks that are also fast..

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VeecThorr(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hello. Someone I know applied for a Canadian visa and a request for medical just came in. I would like to know the next step (submission of passport etc.) if/when medical has been passed. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
tonnymexx:
Hello gurus in the house

Is there application that is currently on now and to resume class when?

My propose college and course:
PGC in Global Business Management
Centennial college
Conestoga college

I will appreciate your response. Thanks
See the screenshot below for Conestoga College (PG. CERT STRATEGIC GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT), the green color indicates that the Application Window for this program for international applicants is still available for SEPTEMBER 2022 intake (FALL) at the two mentioned campus locations (Brantford and Kitchener, ONTARIO)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Demmy10:

As in, we'd have like 5 or 6 in a day and everyone would be happy. Now, I don't even understand. Please, those PPRs you see, are most of them October to December applicant?

Yes o, october and january sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.