Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (914894 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Greenwisher:
Hi guys help and advice needed

Application refused
Reason: Purpose of visit
Application submitted: June 2021
2nd refusal: March 08 2021
Choice of program: occupational health, safety and wellness
Institution: Conestoga college
BSc: Environmental Mgt
Sponsor: Parent
Upfront medicals

Your details are not complete.

When was the first application and first refusal?

What were the reasons for refusal on your first and second application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tonnymexx: 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hello gurus in the house,

My younger brother graduated from AAUA Social studies education with 3.45 CGPA. All the years he was studying till now he has been into business.

Please I need advice on what course he can apply for either PGD or Masters?

can I his brother sponsor him, am his elder brother?

Please I need a response.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OmotookeBisola(f): 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
tracy0803409:

I’m trying to use Keystone bank too.
While filling the Form A, did you put Keystone as correspondence bank or you put citibank?

I used Keystone Bank and in four days I was debited and also received acknowledgement from my school as regards to payment made

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Haremuh(m): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations Maypearl and Tomisin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
tracy0803409:

I used Keystone Bank and in four days I was debited and also received acknowledgement from my school as regards to payment made

When was that?

My application with Keystone has been stuck at adb disbursement reviewer going to three weeks now �‍♂️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 5:30pm On Mar 17, 2022
Pls !who has used kayak or sky scanner to book their flight?? Any observations?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 5:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
matthew080:
shocked shocked what!!!
So this is how that place is,

Yes baba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Richie4l: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations, God is good
TomisinK:
Guys!!! I just got PPR

I'm in shock and excited at the same time.

I can't concentrate at work again. It's like i should just carry my bag and be going home lol

January 13th applicant. God is awesome

I'll come back with my timeline when i can think straight lol

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
OLATUNDE1122:

Not everybody want to japa.
Some have jobs they are ok with.
Are you in canada?
Thanks sir

That's true. There are people who earned 30million naira annually in Nigeria and still went on this journey to study. It's out of selflessness and sacrifices for their generations.

I wish you best of God baba.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
makano:
Hello Emma

Sending mails to IRCC and also MPs can in a way have an effect in a quick response from IRCC..

But GCMS notes does not in any way have any effect on a quick response from IRCC, Its just a coincidence for applicants that got final response days after ordering their GCMS notes..

Peace

Uhm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Richie4l: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations, Am so happy for you.
Maypearl:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received my PPR. I feel like crying, I feel like jumping, I feel like screamingggggggg.

First my timeline so the family will not roast me alive.

Portal type: Old portal
Application series: S30465####
Upfront medical - 9 November, 2021
Application submitted - Thursday, 18 November 2021
Biometric request - Friday, 19 November 2021
Biometric done and updated - Monday, 22 November 2021
Medical Passed - Thursday, 23 December 2021
Eligibility started - Thursday, 10 February 2022
First and only ghost update - Wednesday, 16 March 2022
PPR - Thursday, 17 March 2022

17 weeks on the dot.

In January I sent a lot of emails and like three webforms. All I got was generic responses. I needed a decision because the last day to pay my 1st term fees or withdraw and be eligible for full refund (excluding deposit of $1000) was on the 28th. My program doesn't do deferral but they said they could assure us of a readmission for fall term, we would only have to pay the application fee of $100 but we won't have to pay a deposit of $1000 again because it would be moved to fall. Like 4 of my course mates (1 Nigerian and 3 Indians) too this offer and withdraw and I was tempted to take this offer too; but my sister (my sponsor) said no, I should have faith (funny thing she is not a believer of faith, and she is very logical and basis her decisions on concrete facts and not hope). I paid my fees on the last day (I sent the fee receipt payment through a webform) and continued with the program online. Everyone was online including domestic students because of the Omicron variant. But they resumed in-person/hybrid 2 weeks ago. And believe me, I thought online classes was bad, but hybrid is way worse. I didn't send any emails or webforms after January and I even applied for a remote job for a US company to keep me distracted (I got the job too, and resumed this week). I later decided to order for my gcms notes on the 4th of March, though I don't think it caused my decision to arrive 2 weeks after. I got my PPR without them even asking me for an updated LOA to ensure I was still enrolled.

My background
Bsc in Architecture from University of Nigeria (UNN)
Program in Canada: Masters in Digital Media from Ryerson University (I explained I was focusing on Virtual and Augmented Reality in my sop, I will post my sop draft here for anyone who needs inspiration. Please inspiration, do not copy exactly)
3+ year work experience in architecture and construction (was never a full time worker, only during nysc, was always an independent contracted designer, submitted my last contract).

I will post my documents shortly, my new boss keeps sending tasks to do.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by angel4sure: 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2022
Pls any organization that gives loan for Study to Conestoga college?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2022
Good evening everyone,

Quick question please
Can a 17 year old be given work permit at the point of entry.
And also what is the maximum times a person can defer his or her program
Please I need answers to this
Because I haven't been getting reply on my posts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Maypearl: 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
Thank you everyone that has celebrated with me.

I want to say a special thank you to the Fam @Teemenzo @makano @ketima @Gift212 @Olasubomy @Chiziteremary and everyone that has contributed to the knowledge I used in applying. May you all remain forever blessed.

For the documents I submitted, aside the normal forms, I also submitted

Under the Letter of Acceptance I merged
1. Letter of Acceptance from Ryerson University
2. Offer of Admission from Ryerson University
3. My Undergraduate Degree Certificate
4. Name Correction Affidavit (a letter from my name was omitted from my first name on my degree certificate)
5. My Undergraduate Transcript
6. National Youth Service Corp Certificate
7. IELTS Test Result
8. $1000 Deposit Confirmation Statement/Receipt

Under Proof of Means of Financial Support
1. Letter from Sponsor (my sister)
2. Sponsor’s Passport
3. Sponsor’s Birth Certificate
4. My Birth Certificate
5. Pictures of my sister (sponsor) and I
6. Sponsor’s UK Biometric Residence Permit
7. Sponsor’s Barclays Bank Statement for the last 14 months
8. Sponsor’s Monzo Bank Statement for the last 14 months
9. Sponsor’s current Employment Letter, she’s an investor audit and assurance manager.
10. Sponsor’s pay slips for the last 6 months
11. Sponsor’s Employment Letter from Previous Job in UK (PWC)
12. Sponsor’s pay slips for the last 2 months of previous job
13. Sponsor’s Bank Domestic Payment Receipt for my Ryerson Confirmation Deposit Fee.
14. My Ryerson Deposit Confirmation Statement/Receipt.
15. mybankStatement of only 40k (I had lent someone 2mil and he hadn’t paid me back)
16. Documentation for Family Assets (there was no space to merge it with my sop)

Under SOP
1. Undergraduate Scholarship Award Letter (I won a 3-year full scholarship from NNPC during my undergraduate studies)
2. Letter of recommendation from my last contract job.
3. A copy of my independent contractor contract of my last job.
4. Reference Letter from another previous employer
5. State House Deployment Letter (I served in Aso Rock)
6. Resume and Portfolio (Showing all my 3Ds works grin )
7. Offer letter from London Metropolitan University into same course but slightly different curriculum.
8. Screenshot of both London Metropolitan University Area of study for the program and that of Ryerson to show difference in curriculum. Ryerson had a focus in Virtual and Augmented reality, closest course to this in London university was gamification.
9. Pictures of Family and I
10. Moral Support Letter from my mother
11. Letter of Commendation (not recommendation) from company of my previous contract.

Others
1. Upfront medical slip
2. Police certificate (webform)
3. Signed and Stamped Bank statement from Union Bank. (They told me they could not do MBS for like a week or 2, I couldn’t wait) The guy later paid me my 2mil, that was the funds I was trying to show (webform)
4. Screenshot of chat between me and the guy I borrowed money and him confirming when he would pay me back. (webform)
5. Bank reference letters for my sponsors UK banks and my gtbank and union bank
6. 1st semester tuition fee receipt which I paid 2 months after my application (webform)

I believe this is everything. I know this may be a lot but I couldn’t risk anything. I also noticed IRCC searched me up on LinkedIn between feb 22 and March 1.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
Good evening all.

Good day,

I got this message below after raising a webform at the middle of the night today and got this, this afternoon.
ANY FURTHER MEANING?

SHOULD I CONTINUE SENDING MAILS TO IRRC EMAILS (ABJ, LAG,NAIROBI,LDN,ACCRA,KY...) AND RAISING WEBFORM MORNING AND NIGHT

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under review by our office. Our office is currently experiencing application volumes that exceed our capacity to process all applications within the average processing times cited on our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Our office will contact you as soon as more information or documents are required.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Migration Office | Bureau de migration (AK)

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

P.O. Box / C.P. 1013, Limuru Road, 00621 – Nairobi, Kenya

www.kenya.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
Yes he be given his co-op work permit as long as his program requires me.

Maximum time depends on the university.

Iamgrac:
Good evening everyone,

Quick question please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Iamgrac:
Good evening everyone,

Quick question please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
Maypearl:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received my PPR. I feel like crying, I feel like jumping, I feel like screamingggggggg.

17 weeks on the dot.

In January I sent a lot of emails and like three webforms. All I got was generic responses. I needed a decision because the last day to pay my 1st term fees or withdraw and be eligible for full refund (excluding deposit of $1000) was on the 28th. My program doesn't do deferral but they said they could assure us of a readmission for fall term, we would only have to pay the application fee of $100 but we won't have to pay a deposit of $1000 again because it would be moved to fall. Like 4 of my course mates (1 Nigerian and 3 Indians) too this offer and withdraw and I was tempted to take this offer too; but my sister (my sponsor) said no, I should have faith (funny thing she is not a believer of faith, and she is very logical and basis her decisions on concrete facts and not hope). I paid my fees on the last day (I sent the fee receipt payment through a webform) and continued with the program online. Everyone was online including domestic students because of the Omicron variant. But they resumed in-person/hybrid 2 weeks ago. And believe me, I thought online classes was bad, but hybrid is way worse. I didn't send any emails or webforms after January and I even applied for a remote job for a US company to keep me distracted (I got the job too, and resumed this week). I later decided to order for my gcms notes on the 4th of March, though I don't think it caused my decision to arrive 2 weeks after. I got my PPR without them even asking me for an updated LOA to ensure I was still enrolled.

My background
Program in Canada: Masters in Digital Media from Ryerson University (I explained I was focusing on Virtual and Augmented Reality in my sop, I will post my sop draft here for anyone who needs inspiration. Please inspiration, do not copy exactly)
3+ year work experience in architecture and construction (was never a full time worker, only during nysc, was always an independent contracted designer, submitted my last contract).

wow.....Congratulation If I can recall you were the guy who had 17 years old and 19 years old dependent or something, that was contemplating on going to UK or Canada? Congrats once again and success in maple land.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
TomisinK:
Guys!!! I just got PPR

I'm in shock and excited at the same time.

I can't concentrate at work again. It's like i should just carry my bag and be going home lol

January 13th applicant. God is awesome

I'll come back with my timeline when i can think straight lol
Congratulation!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Danikcm: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations!!!
Maypearl:

17 weeks on the dot.

My background

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Benzdey4u: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
Good Evening Guys,
Please I will need your advise.
How can one make school fees payment on flywire using international transfer in USD in his dollar account. And how convenient is it, also how long does it take to reflect in the school portal. Because I have been having issues while trying to pay my fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tolupe1: 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ayoxdele:

How was the process like? Meself dey reason them o

Hello. So sorry I am getting back to you late.

The process is pretty straightforward. Apply through Apply Board and that’s about it. The school would contact you with the requirements. They get back to you with your conditional LOA within 2 weeks if you submit the right documents.

I wish you best of God’s favour, amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tolupe1: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
earniecutie:
hello! Let’s plan it together

So sorry about my late response.

That would be fantastic.

Questions! Questions!!

Do you already have your visa?
What course?
May Intake?
Tentative date of travel? Why? If it’s within my timeframe, we could travel together.

I am standing by for my visa tho. Fingers and fingers crossed , hoping for the best very soon, amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
Thanks for the reply
What do you mean by co op work permit,
And also if his program doesn't require one he won't be able to work?
Or what do you mean
Can you or anyone help me out here
Crystal10395:

Yes he be given his co-op work permit as long as his program requires me.

Maximum time depends on the university.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
If his program doesn't reply one he won't be given a work permit, just the regular one that'll allow him work 20 hours max a week

Iamgrac:
Thanks for the reply
What do you mean by co op work permit,
And also if his program doesn't require one he won't be able to work?
Or what do you mean
Can you or anyone help me out here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
Maypearl:

I want to say a special thank you to the Fam @Teemenzo @makano @ketima @Gift212 @Olasubomy @Chiziteremary and everyone that has contributed to the knowledge I used in applying. May you all remain forever blessed.

4. Name Correction Affidavit (a letter from my name was omitted from my first name on my degree certificate)
7. IELTS Test Result

2. Sponsor’s Passport
4. My Birth Certificate
9. Sponsor’s current Employment Letter, she’s an investor audit and assurance manager.
13. Sponsor’s Bank Domestic Payment Receipt for my Ryerson Confirmation Deposit Fee.
15. mybankStatement of only 40k (I had lent someone 2mil and he hadn’t paid me back)
16. Documentation for Family Assets (there was no space to merge it with my sop)

Under SOP
1. Undergraduate Scholarship Award Letter (I won a 3-year full scholarship from NNPC during my undergraduate studies)
7. Offer letter from London Metropolitan University into same course but slightly different curriculum.
8. Screenshot of both London Metropolitan University Area of study for the program and that of Ryerson to show difference in curriculum. Ryerson had a focus in Virtual and Augmented reality, closest course to this in London university was gamification.
11. Letter of Commendation (not recommendation) from company of my previous contract.

Others
1. Upfront medical slip
3. Signed and Stamped Bank statement from Union Bank. (They told me they could not do MBS for like a week or 2, I couldn’t wait) The guy later paid me my 2mil, that was the funds I was trying to show (webform)
4. Screenshot of chat between me and the guy I borrowed money and him confirming when he would pay me back. (webform)
6. 1st semester tuition fee receipt which I paid 2 months after my application (webform)

I believe this is everything. I know this may be a lot but I couldn’t risk anything. I also noticed IRCC searched me up on LinkedIn between feb 22 and March 1.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Smarthill18(f): 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please how do I order for a GCMS note. my brother just got a rejection. He is supposed to resume in conestoga college in May this year. Someone please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
Now I understand
Thank you very much
Crystal10395:
If his program doesn't reply one he won't be given a work permit, just the regular one that'll allow him work 20 hours max a week

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dukealara: 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Semtu:

When was that?

My application with Keystone has been stuck at adb disbursement reviewer going to three weeks now �‍♂️

Please visit the bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2022
Dukealara:

Please visit the bank.

I do this every other day, countless calls and emails to their customer service, but still no progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Saloiba: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Congratulations

Maypearl:

7. IELTS Test Result

2. Sponsor’s Passport
4. My Birth Certificate

Under SOP

Others
1. Upfront medical slip

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.