Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909659 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacksonmma1: 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Please I want to be clear on this and I will really appreciate if I get aswers
1)I applied for a 2yrs diploma/certificate using my HND,I don’t know if that’s gonna be good at the level of the VO

2)On my table, I have both my dad(home base)and my elder brother who lives and work in Canada(citizen) to use as my sponsors,I don’t know whose presence on my application gon really convince the VO

3)I have no travel history too...is it gon pose a problem??

Gurus biko make una help me�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dchamps: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2022
Thank you makano
makano:
Hello dchamps

So sorry about your refusal, as our custom is, order for another GCMS notes and tackle the concerns of the Visa Officer and refire to get your Visa.

And as regards the bolded, this just shows to you that 2 applications are not the same, every application is different. What worked for A may not work for B.. You have to understand the situation of an applicant and find ways of working on the applicant's situation to convincing the Visa Officer of the genuineness of the applicant purpose of visit to Canada which is to study..

Its possible you use same approach of application for 2 applicants, and one gets approved and the other gets refused.. Its very possible.

Also note that even if 2 applications are submitted same second, same minute or same hour, be rest assured its not the same Visa Officer that will work on both applications, both applications will go to different Visa Officers..

So the bolded isn't strange at all, it happens..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by samuelcrestor: 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
makano:
This is a generic response from the Nairobi office, nothing special..

Peace
Thank you bro
Please do you think resending mails repeatedly may be of help?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacksonmma1: 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2022
Gurus pleas for answers�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Raphelchuks: 12:23am On Mar 21, 2022
Holarjoseph:
Hello let's connect I'm also leaving same time. I guess it's Ethiopia airline ?l
You guys shouldn't leave me behind ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:17am On Mar 21, 2022
Jacksonmma1:
1)I applied for a 2yrs diploma/certificate using my HND,I don’t know if that’s gonna be good at the level of the VO

2)On my table, I have both my dad(home base)and my elder brother who lives and work in Canada(citizen) to use as my sponsors,I don’t know whose presence on my application gon really convince the VO

1) an HND holder going for a Diploma/Certificate program shows no Academic/Career Progression

There are chances a Visa Officer would not find this convincing (wrong Purpose of visit to Canada).

As an HND you are expected to go for something higher, a PG. Cert at a college is your best shot.

Await response to your other questions from the gurus and other members in house

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 21, 2022
kweje:
Hi everyone, i have seen the post on where to attach documents but i am not sure I saw where to attach
a) Authorization to travel for a minor
b) Travel history ( your past passport with visas n travel stamps)

I am using the new portal.

Can anyone help please?

For (a) Authorization to travel for a minor, I can't really say.
For (b), merge relevant documents together, provided the files are not more than 2MB. You can use a table of contents to show your
uploads.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 1:55am On Mar 21, 2022
Maypearl:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received my PPR. I feel like crying, I feel like jumping, I feel like screamingggggggg.
Congratulations ma'am, really happy for you. . Please o. How and where did you apply for the remote job? I work remotely too but the pay low, I need better job for this Canada waka. I'm looking for another job. I'm into social media marketing and customer relations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Born2conquer: 1:55am On Mar 21, 2022
Reading through the thread from page 1 is hard, is there a reference on how to apply to universities in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 2:12am On Mar 21, 2022
Born2conquer:
Reading through the thread from page 1 is hard, is there a reference on how to apply to universities in Canada?

I agree it is hard but beneficial. It will prepare you for student visa before you even apply for admission. If you can't do it, then you should Google your questions or search them on YouTube to find many answers that may or may not be relevant to you and your unique profile.

People that read more than one thread end up becoming guru in their own way. You might even find lifelong friends and mentors here by reading and helping others. Some of us did and it transform our lives completely. All the best.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Born2conquer: 2:36am On Mar 21, 2022
Osemigho:

I agree it is hard but beneficial. It will prepare you for student visa before you even apply for admission. If you can't do it, then you should Google your questions or search them on YouTube to find many answers that may or may not be relevant to you and your unique profile.

People that read more than one thread end up becoming guru in their own way. You might even find lifelong friends and mentors here by reading and helping others. Some of us did and it transform our lives completely. All the best.
Yes, it's just that we've had several series and this is the 22nd series
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 3:08am On Mar 21, 2022
(a) There is usually a place for authorization letter (at least, for a visitor visa on the new portal). But if you can't find any, merge it with the letter of explanation and submit under additional documents (client info).

(b) The travel history should also go with the letter of explanation under additional documents (client info).

kweje:
Hi everyone, i have seen the post on where to attach documents but i am not sure I saw where to attach
a) Authorization to travel for a minor
b) Travel history ( your past passport with visas n travel stamps)

I am using the new portal.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 3:24am On Mar 21, 2022
1. It depends, even though the best is to apply for PGD as previously mentioned. Is your diploma the same course as your HND? If they are different and your diploma is related to what you plan to do in the future, you can still convince the VO. Let your LOE tell a compelling story.

2. Assuming each of them can conveniently sponsor you, your dad's presence is more convincing. First, parental sponsorship carries more weight. Second, the presence of your dad shows ties to Nigeria.

3. Not necessarily. Show home ties and other things that could make you return back to Nigeria.

Jacksonmma1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 4:31am On Mar 21, 2022
Born2conquer:

It seems you don't want to read anything because you Don expand your complain from page 1 to "we have several series. No one advice you to read all the series. Those that read it are happy they did. If you don't want to read at all and don't have time to Google or Research anything, you have to pay others to help you do it. There are some that have gathered knowledge here and off nairaland and now offer visa and admission help. You will have to search them and pay for their services if you want it. If you no get money and can't sacrifice your time to read, I don't know how to help you o. All the best.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FabsEnterprise: 5:58am On Mar 21, 2022
God is Good all the time and all the time, God is good.
My visa application was approved and I give all glory to God. I actually joined this group after I have submitted my application. I got to know about this thread from my friend that is in Canada already who helped me all through the process. The knowledge he gained from this group has added value to my life. So I decided to share my timelines.
I am a first applicant and I applied on the old portal, he didn't know about the new portal as at the time we submitted my application. I decided to travel to Canada last year October 2021 and secured admission to UCW.

Application submitted- December 23
Biometrics- January 4
Medicals passed- January 20
Eligibility begins- February 14
Decision for Approval l- March 14.

Documents submitted

POF
10m in my dad's account
4m in my personal account credit from my mum's account
Letter of support from church supporting me with 2million which add to my mum supporting with 2m make the 4million that was credited to my account.
Deed of gift
Personal landed property
Car document
Retirement documents of my father and his employment doc.
5k scholarship letter from ucw
Part payment of tuition recipt

Other documents
Cv
Ielts result
Waec certificate
Transcript
Nysc certificate
Nysc leadership award certificate
Like 5 different Leadership certificate
2 different job employment history
Marriage certificate and pictures
LOA
School certificate
Police character
Birthday certificate
Letter of support from parents
Affidavit of support from parent
Travel history document to Nairobi for my Honeymoon
I have q lot of professional certification and awards
Business certificate
Business account statement of account returns

My passport has been submitted and my Letter of introduction has been issued. Hoping to recieve my passport back today from DHL

Thank you very much.. and God bless the good work of this group. The prayers of others waiting for a good news like this will be answered. AMEN

@qll Gurus in the house, I want to secure visitors permit for my wife with immediate effect, please king help me with check list and I wish to apply for her on the new portal.. I need the website of the new portal and how to go about the application. I will be grateful

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 6:38am On Mar 21, 2022
Congratulations

On the visitor visa for your wife, wait, don't apply for her immediately. Go and wait like 3 months before you apply for her. There were 2 people that got study visa and immediately applied visit visa for their spouse but they got rejected because VO would think she is not going to back back home.

So that is my advise to you. Others in the house may add to that.

FabsEnterprise:
My visa application was approved and I give all glory to God. I actually joined this group after I have submitted my application. I got to know about this thread from my friend that is in Canada already who helped me all through the process. The knowledge he gained from this group has added value to my life. So I decided to share my timelines.
I am a first applicant and I applied on the old portal, he didn't know about the new portal as at the time we submitted my application. I decided to travel to Canada last year October 2021 and secured admission to UCW.

Biometrics- January 4

Documents submitted

POF
10m in my dad's account
Letter of support from church supporting me with 2million which add to my mum supporting with 2m make the 4million that was credited to my account.
Deed of gift
Personal landed property
Car document

Other documents
Cv
Ielts result
Waec certificate
Transcript
Nysc certificate
LOA
School certificate
Police character
Birthday certificate
Business certificate

My passport has been submitted and my Letter of introduction has been issued. Hoping to recieve my passport back today from DHL

Thank you very much.. and God bless the good work of this group. The prayers of others waiting for a good news like this will be answered. AMEN

@qll Gurus in the house, I want to secure visitors permit for my wife with immediate effect, please king help me with check list and I wish to apply for her on the new portal.. I need the website of the new portal and how to go about the application. I will be grateful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OtunbaBlack(m): 6:39am On Mar 21, 2022
makano:
Hello Myk1007

First of all, hope your said cousin isn't a BSc graduate. If he is, then a Diploma degree will be a Red flag except he has strong and convincing reasons why he wanna go for a Diploma degree..

Peace

What if the person graduated with a 3rd class degree which is far below par for masters. Shouldn’t that convince the VO?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TanLiJun: 6:49am On Mar 21, 2022
Good morning all.
Congratulations to those already blessed with ppr, and good wishes to those on awaiting approval.

Please, do the new portal require the submission of Document checklist for a study permit, Application for study permit made outside of Canada, and the Family information form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 7:13am On Mar 21, 2022
Congratulations
FabsEnterprise:

Biometrics- January 4

Documents submitted

POF
10m in my dad's account
Deed of gift
Personal landed property
Car document

Other documents
Cv
Ielts result
Waec certificate
Transcript
Nysc certificate
LOA
School certificate
Police character
Birthday certificate
Business certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2022
Congratulations ���
FabsEnterprise:

Biometrics- January 4

Documents submitted

POF
10m in my dad's account
Deed of gift
Personal landed property
Car document

Other documents
Cv
Ielts result
Waec certificate
Transcript
Nysc certificate
LOA
School certificate
Police character
Birthday certificate
Business certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2022
Blessed week to us all in Jesus name. Rain of pprs in Jesus name. But abeg if you no declare your ppr the day you received it or maybe two to three days of receiving it. Just keep it. Don't come and declare it because you need more help. Thank you

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by samuelcrestor: 7:51am On Mar 21, 2022
Congratulations
FabsEnterprise:

Biometrics- January 4

Documents submitted

POF
10m in my dad's account
Deed of gift
Personal landed property
Car document

Other documents
Cv
Ielts result
Waec certificate
Transcript
Nysc certificate
LOA
School certificate
Police character
Birthday certificate
Business certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jermaie0009: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2022
Make ur own sharp sharp come oooooo

Teemenzo:
Blessed week to us all in Jesus name. Rain of pprs in Jesus name. But abeg if you no declare your ppr the day you received it or maybe two to three days of receiving it. Just keep it. Don't come and declare it because you need more help. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2022
Jermaie0009:
Make ur own sharp sharp come oooooo

Yes ooo, na me go scatter here

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 8:07am On Mar 21, 2022
[quote author=Fabs

@qll Gurus in the house, I want to secure visitors permit for my wife with immediate effect, please king help me with check list and I wish to apply for her on the new portal.. I need the website of the new portal and how to go about the application. I will be grateful [/quote]congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:20am On Mar 21, 2022
Born2conquer:

I know the feeling. I joined this forum on this 21st thread. I then went back and started from page 1 of this thread, read like 10 pages per time( morning, afternoon and night). I took me days to catch up. While reading through, you will see references to past thread.
Like Osemigho said… you will see how some of the gurus here learnt from this platform.

Please try and read at least 1st 10 pages.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:21am On Mar 21, 2022
efeturi3:
For (a) Authorization to travel for a minor, I can't really say.
For (b), merge relevant documents together, provided the files are not more than 2MB. You can use a table of contents to show your
uploads.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:22am On Mar 21, 2022
Osemigho:

Very well said.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:26am On Mar 21, 2022
technix:
(a) There is usually a place for authorization letter (at least, for a visitor visa on the new portal). But if you can't find any, merge it with the letter of explanation and submit under additional documents (client info).

(b) The travel history should also go with the letter of explanation under additional documents (client info).

Thanks so much. You have been super helpful. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

FabsEnterprise:

Biometrics- January 4

Documents submitted

POF
10m in my dad's account
Deed of gift
Personal landed property
Car document

Other documents
Cv
Ielts result
Waec certificate
Transcript
Nysc certificate
LOA
School certificate
Police character
Birthday certificate
Business certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2022
TanLiJun:
Good morning all.
Congratulations to those already blessed with ppr, and good wishes to those on awaiting approval.

Please, do the new portal require the submission of Document checklist for a study permit, Application for study permit made outside of Canada, and the Family information form?

The new portal comes with its own customized checklist based on what you fill in it.
The family information and TRV application details are all inside this one online form, no need to upload it differently.

Go online, create a profile on the new portal and do a test run, you will see what is required. Please do not click submit or validate oh… until you are ready.
Just test it out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2022
Teemenzo:

No cap

If not for other help that some people need they will prefer to pocket their ppr without coming here to post it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.