Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908132 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Johnchan2:
This week will be good to us....
Our wait is over

Back to back PPR Testimonies..
IJN> Amen
Amen oooooo.
In sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Holarjoseph: 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hello let's connect I'm also leaving same time. I guess it's Ethiopia airline ?l
buchito1:

Omoorrrr!!!! This is great news! I go kuku save my 50K for PCR or Antigen Test grin grin grin

But wait ohh!! shocked My flight is on the 1st April. 1:45pm.

Hope this terrible Nigerian Immigration no go use me shine that day?? shocked

CC - Username12
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hello, good evening everyone

I just finished up with my SOP. Is there anyone who would be kind enough to help review it.? Planning to submit my application on April 1... I hope IRCC won't take me for a Joke (April Fool) grin

Thanks in advance!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by samuelcrestor: 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
I got this mail from Nairobi after making an inquiry with regard my application . I am January 12th applicant and my eligibility review hasn’t started. Please is this a generic response that they send to everyone ? Also, is there any January applicant experiencing such thing

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Peterobey: 11:13pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hi everyone. I received a notice of recommendation for admission for fall 2022 from the University of Manitoba. Do we have anyone in the house who can guide me in the registration process and give me legit info that can be useful during my visa application. I intend to apply in April 2022. I would appreciate being added to university of Manitoba students platform. This platform has been very helpful leading to the process of my application.
Whatsapp: +2348099022012
Email: okewu142@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adelforreal: 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hello House,

My spouse is about to apply for study permit having received her offer of admission & acceptance letter from Univ. of Manitoba and i need
your advice on the following:

1) As the sponsor, can i present my Fixed deposit & Mutual fund investment as POF?
Note that my salary account and other supporting documents will be included too but the turnover & closing balance on the salary acct isn't so large hence the need to consider using FD & mutual funds for the bulk of the amount required. I am looking at a total POF of N15m.

2) Is it okay to apply together as this is our intention.

I will appreciate your inputs.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 12:12am On Mar 20, 2022
This is a generic response from the Nairobi office, nothing special..

Peace
samuelcrestor:
I got this mail from Nairobi after making an inquiry with regard my application . I am January 12th applicant and my eligibility review hasn’t started. Please is this a generic response that they send to everyone ? Also, is there any January applicant experiencing such thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2022
Hello Adelforeal

1. One thing the Canadian Visa Officer wants as regards POF is that the declared funds for the application must be readily available for the purpose of study ad expenses all through the applicant's stay in Canada.. So if you can convince the Visa Officer that the declared funds as regards your spouse's application will be available, then you can go ahead.

2. We always advise Married couples that when one spouse wanna apply for a Canadian study permit, the other should stay behind for the purpose of Home Ties... Remember Study permit application is a temporary Visa, so you going together with your spouse will be obvious to the Visa officers that you guys wanna japa and never return, and that is against the eligibility law of IRCC.. All temporary Visa application must show that the applicant will return back to his/her home country..

So let your spouse apply and get her Study permit and SIN when she gets to Canada. Once she has the docs, then she can apply for a Spousal permit for you to come join her and Visiting permit for your Kids..

Peace
adelforreal:
Hello House,

My spouse is about to apply for study permit having received her offer of admission & acceptance letter from Univ. of Manitoba and i need
your advice on the following:

1) As the sponsor, can i present my Fixed deposit & Mutual fund investment as POF?
Note that my salary account and other supporting documents will be included too but the turnover & closing balance on the salary acct isn't so large hence the need to consider using FD & mutual funds for the bulk of the amount required. I am looking at a total POF of N15m.

2) Is it okay to apply together as this is our intention.

I will appreciate your inputs.

Thank you all.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adelforreal: 12:23am On Mar 20, 2022
Thank you for the detailed response.

I'm grateful.
makano:
Hello Adelforeal

1. One thing the Canadian Visa Officer wants as regards POF is that the declared funds for the application must be readily available for the purpose of study ad expenses all through the applicant's stay in Canada.. So if you can convince the Visa Officer that the declared funds as regards your spouse's application will be available, then you can go ahead.

2. We always advise Married couples that when one spouse wanna apply for a Canadian study permit, the other should stay behind for the purpose of Home Ties... Remember Study permit application is a temporary Visa, so you going together with your spouse will be obvious to the Visa officers that you guys wanna japa and never return, and that is against the eligibility law of IRCC.. All temporary Visa application must show that the applicant will return back to his/her home country..

So let your spouse apply and get her Study permit and SIN when she gets to Canada. Once she has the docs, then she can apply for a Spousal permit for you to come join her and Visiting permit for your Kids..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SeyiMiilan: 1:29am On Mar 20, 2022
@Teemenzo

Thanks for your response. i posted the rejection letter.

Pls, has any one here gotten a TRV recently when applying from another country?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 1:35am On Mar 20, 2022
Many Nigerians have gotten TRV and study visa from another country.

The third reason here seems the most serious. Before reapplying, I will advise that you wait for the GCMS note to know what exactly that third reason is.

PS: has your brother travelled to Canada before ?

SeyiMiilan:
@Teemenzo

Thanks for your response. i posted the rejection letter.

Pls, has any one here gotten a TRV recently when applying from another country?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SeyiMiilan: 1:59am On Mar 20, 2022
hello @technix

My brother-in-law has not travelled to Canada before but he has 3 siblings in Canada. The 3rd point was not in his 1st rejection as the GCMS focused alot about home ties and family ties.
He has lost hope of reapplying.
Lately, i observed people applying from other countries are rejected because the VO does not believe they will return. Both study and visitor's visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 2:14am On Mar 20, 2022
OK. No cause for alarm then. I have seen a case where the visa officer wrote that on GCMS note because they believed the applicant didn't show study progression.

It might still be tied to the purpose of study.

He shouldn't lose hope of reapplying. Let him get the GCMS note to know what next. And if convenient, he may apply from Nigeria next time.

SeyiMiilan:
hello @technix

My brother-in-law has not travelled to Canada before but he has 3 siblings in Canada. The 3rd point was not in his 1st rejection as the GCMS focused alot about home ties and family ties.
He has lost hope of reapplying.
Lately, i observed people applying from other countries are rejected because the VO does not believe they will return. Both study and visitor's visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Victoryokondu: 2:22am On Mar 20, 2022
Hey Guys,

I need your help. Can anyone advise on colleges in canada for a diploma in information systems, data analysis and any good tech course. Please I know there is google and I’ve been checking but I’m lost in a sea of information so pointing me in the right direction will help me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 3:17am On Mar 20, 2022
There are lots of Information system programs. Take a look at these;
Cambrian College
I.T. Business Analysis
TUITION FEE$11,365.00 CAD

Langara College
Data Analytics
TUITION FEE$14,750.00 CAD

Canadore College - Mississauga
Project Management - Information Technology
TUITION FEE$13,180.00 CAD

Victoryokondu:
Hey Guys,

I need your help. Can anyone advise on colleges in canada for a diploma in information systems, data analysis and any good tech course. Please I know there is google and I’ve been checking but I’m lost in a sea of information so pointing me in the right direction will help me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SeyiMiilan: 3:19am On Mar 20, 2022
thank you very much @technix
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 3:46am On Mar 20, 2022
kennyjoy:

Keep sending email….Also, order your Gcmsnotes.

What's the purpose of the notes sELf, majorly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 3:47am On Mar 20, 2022
makano:
GCMS notes doesn't in any way speed up the final decision of an application..

If you really want an update from IRCC, keep sending them mails without relenting..

Peace

Oga oO, God go help me

Should I send on Sunday's too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 3:57am On Mar 20, 2022
Please can anyone help with this? Must the SOP be signed physically by applicant? Which means it has to be printed out, signed then scanned? Or it doesn’t matter?

Please i am about to submit the application,

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 3:59am On Mar 20, 2022
samuelcrestor:

I got this also after raising a webform, i don't know what it actually meant...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by elllalistic(f): 6:07am On Mar 20, 2022
Good morning
Please I want to ask if it's possible for a graduate to go for a diploma program.

Can that lead to disqualification?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buchito1(m): 6:26am On Mar 20, 2022
kweje:
Please can anyone help with this? Must the SOP be signed physically by applicant? Which means it has to be printed out, signed then scanned? Or it doesn’t matter?

Please i am about to submit the application,

Thanks in advance
NO. You don't need to sign anything. Write it and submit.

There are plenty of formats to writing a good SOP on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buchito1(m): 6:29am On Mar 20, 2022
elllalistic:
Good morning
Please I want to ask if it's possible for a graduate to go for a diploma program.

Very Very possible..

Graduate of what? All you gotta do is to write an extremely convincing SOP (Statement of Purpose) to why you want to do that course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 6:54am On Mar 20, 2022
elllalistic:
Good morning

With what I’ve learnt here, going for a diploma program as a graduate doesn’t show Academic progression. So, PGD/PGC/MSc is your best bet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Harold4lyf(m): 7:50am On Mar 20, 2022
Harold4lyf:
Hello...is there any Nigerian student here currently studying or has gained admission in Dalhousie University, Halifax to be precise...please reply this message I'd love to get some direct answers from you...especially if it's you're an undergraduate in science....but any Dalhousie University student will work....I need your help asap embarassed

No one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by debbydee(f): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2022
kennyjoy:

With what I’ve learnt here, going for a diploma program as a graduate doesn’t show Academic progression. So, PGD/PGC/MSc is your best bet.

Hello.

Good morning.
But I read that if your class of degree is low you should go for a diploma program. Especially 2yr program if your intention is to remain.

Most pgd/pgc program I see are one year program. Can you please shed more light.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 9:00am On Mar 20, 2022
buchito1:
NO. You don't need to sign anything. Write it and submit.

There are plenty of formats to writing a good SOP on this thread.

Thanks buchito 1.

Excited for you on your PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ibnquasale(m): 9:12am On Mar 20, 2022
Hello all, I have MSc Data Engineering from France, can I apply for MSc in any data related field in Canada using that MSc Data Engineering transcript?

I am also looking for schools where I can apply for data related courses...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ysth(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2022
Good day all. Please I would need a suitable and practical answer from international students who have successfully applied for a study permit, on how much minimum they used for proof of funds after paying first semester tuition and 10k in GIC assuming the duration of studies is 2 year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by elllalistic(f): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2022
That's exactly the same reason reason I am considering diploma. Although I have a 2.1. But most pgc and pgd courses I saw are one year program. I want to know if this will put me in trouble.
debbydee:

Hello.

Good morning.
But I read that if your class of degree is low you should go for a diploma program. Especially 2yr program if your intention is to remain.

Most pgd/pgc program I see are one year program. Can you please shed more light.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by elllalistic(f): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2022
Thank you.
buchito1:
Very Very possible..

Graduate of what? All you gotta do is to write an extremely convincing SOP (Statement of Purpose) to why you want to do that course.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
elllalistic:
That's exactly the same reason reason I am considering diploma. Although I have a 2.1. But most pgc and pgd courses I saw are one year program. I want to know if this will put me in trouble.

Since you have 2.1 why not consider MSc, going for a diploma program will make VO to question your purpose of visit.

Well, wait for our gurus to throw more light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.