Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (928245 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omnisavage: 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
Please house, good evening.
I am a newbie here and I will appreciate if anyone can answer some of my questions.

So, I got an acceptance letter from a college in Ontario, the first year tuition is about 17k CAD, then plus the 10k CAD living expenses, my total proof of funds should be 27k CAD.

The issue is that as I type this, I only have 20k CAD, I plan on sponsoring myself, and I want to apply for visa latest by May 1 as my resumption date is September 2022. So my question goes thus:
i) do you think it is safe to only show 20K proof of funds and then explain in my letter how I plan to get the remaining money later?
ii) is it advisable for me to find someone that can send me the 7K CAD that is left as a lump sum? I heard the officers have an issue with lump sums when you submit your bank statement.
iii) if I decide on using a sponsor(my father's brother) to show the remaining 7k CAD, are there any things that must be considered?, for instance, he must have at least double that in his account, the money must not have arrived as a lump sum in his account too, or the 7k CAD must have spent at least 4 to 6 months in his account balance etc etc.

Please I appreciate anyone that can help me with this info, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Davidganna10:
This is wrong, the required amount is 10k cad. Thanks

Oh. Thank you for the correction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:
It's PPR.........Alhamdulilah
March 11 applicant
BVL and PPR March 30. Coming back for details.

Please I needs details of how to get my passport stamped, biometrics was in lagos and I am sending through lagos.
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aWITNESS: 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:
March 11 applicant

Please I needs details of how to get my passport stamped, biometrics was in lagos and I am sending through lagos.

Wow!! Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:
March 11 applicant

wow please was it new portal ? And are you Nigerian?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:
March 11 applicant

This is super fast.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations
Kam3:
March 11 applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Holarjoseph: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Please I need yours response �
Holarjoseph:
Hello! Good evening guys

Please do i still need to register with switch health because I will be traveling on 1st of April and I heard Canada with be scrapping pcr as from 1st of April for the fully vaccinated ones
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nkem292: 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:
March 11 applicant

congratulations I’m next in line

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sam5653098(m): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations

Kam3:
March 11 applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:
March 11 applicant

Wow. Congratulations. That was a super fast reapplication.
Do tell the house how you addressed the issues raised by the VO in your first application so others can learn.

We rejoice with you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by eniola1010(m): 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
I will help you pay your application fee or any fee that requires card payment. Very fast and reliable. Just whatsapp me on the number in my bio
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Learner247: 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
tonnymexx:
Hello gurus,
A situation whereby am working in my dad shop without employment letter or ID card and payslip. How will I package my application?

How dose deed of gift look like?

What do you do in your dad's shop? Do you manage it?

Draw an employment letter and job description on a letterhead (create one if your dad's shop doesn't have one), back date your appointment to the time you started working there and include all details VO may need to see, ask your father to sign it. In the same way make an ID.

How have you been receiving payment? I believe you get paid monthly through transfer. If yes, input the said amount in your employment letter. If your salary has changed over time, write a promotion letter detailing your new rank and new salary and allowances on your dad's company's letterhead.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hello guys, congrats to all our PPR holders..

Please, I'll like to ask, how many weeks after applying do you receive an offer for the below schools.
1. Cape Breton
2. Crandall University
3. UCW
I applied for 2023 fall session and it's been a month now and not heard from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Learner247: 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Best256:
Hello house,

Which of the 2 options; temporary migration or permanent migration should I choose when scheduling appointment at IOM?

Temporary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Learner247: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
zxxtx:
Who can recommend a good place to get vaccinated ?

Visit any Primary Health care centre around you. Check https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/vaccination-sites for more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Learner247: 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
mzebbie:
My people, it is compulsory I or my sponsor must have a land or housing as an asset on order to get study visa?

No.
But from the submissions of those who have succeeded so far, it has posed to be a solid home tie.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:
March 11 applicant

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Learner247: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Omnisavage:
Please house, good evening.
I am a newbie here and I will appreciate if anyone can answer some of my questions.

So, I got an acceptance letter from a college in Ontario, the first year tuition is about 17k CAD, then plus the 10k CAD living expenses, my total proof of funds should be 27k CAD.

The issue is that as I type this, I only have 20k CAD, I plan on sponsoring myself, and I want to apply for visa latest by May 1 as my resumption date is September 2022. So my question goes thus:
i) do you think it is safe to only show 20K proof of funds and then explain in my letter how I plan to get the remaining money later?
ii) is it advisable for me to find someone that can send me the 7K CAD that is left as a lump sum? I heard the officers have an issue with lump sums when you submit your bank statement.
iii) if I decide on using a sponsor(my father's brother) to show the remaining 7k CAD, are there any things that must be considered?, for instance, he must have at least double that in his account, the money must not have arrived as a lump sum in his account too, or the 7k CAD must have spent at least 4 to 6 months in his account balance etc etc.

Please I appreciate anyone that can help me with this info, thank you.

I was in a similar situation and somebody here advised that I waited until I had complete funds.
Get the funds upto the required amount. I will suggest that you take a loan and indicate that in your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tonnymexx: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks so much. But you know this is a private company or shop and I dont think if the transferring money will look like a payslip. Or what format will I use to show that this is my monthly salary from my dad shop?

Learner247:

What do you do in your dad's shop? Do you manage it?

Draw an employment letter and job description on a letterhead (create one if your dad's shop doesn't have one), back date your appointment to the time you started working there and include all details VO may need to see, ask your father to sign it. In the same way make an ID.

How have you been receiving payment? I believe you get paid monthly through transfer. If yes, input the said amount in your employment letter. If your salary has changed over time, write a promotion letter detailing your new rank and new salary and allowances on your dad's company's letterhead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tonnymexx: 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations may you go and prosper in Canada

Kam3:
March 11 applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacklens: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
Congrats!

Kindly send me the link to the new portal

PrinceAdeAde:
PPR Alert

- Submission: New Portal S400003***
- Program : 1 year PGC starting 5th May 2022
- Keynotes:
1st Time Applicant
Paid full tutition before permit application
I am sponsor for applicant(my wife) and provided my MBS, employer letter of introduction which also stated a request to support of wifey application
My payslip of 4 month as evidence of source of funds in account
My annual review letter stating my benefit and gross income as further evidence of source of funds in account
1 year MBS
Pension Statement
Signed letter of sponsorship stating how my funds and inflow is not impacted by the studies.Also stated why I supported her plans
Land document with stated valuation(home ties). Other home ties was her siblings, her online business and our family(me & kids)
Explation of lump sums with evidence of sources
My wife provided her payslips, 1 year MBS as well with Pension statement, SOP etc. She declared her 1st US visa denial and other travel history which included further US travel after 1st denial
Wifey also provide letter of employment as well as letter of recommendation from employer supporting her study plans
Ordered GMS Notes 12th Feb and arrived 15th Mar. It showed Eligibility pass hence was at rest at that point
Sent to MP 12th Feb. MP office requested a consent form completion and that they would check but never got back. GCMS notes though showed that they did reach out immediately to IRCC
Sent 1st email last week Monday to London and Nairobi. London responded to get info from Nairobi while Nairobi gave the standard response

- Timeline
Application Submission: November 25, 2021
Biometrics: 6th Dec 2021
Medical Request: 17th Feb 2022
Medical test at Qlife: 25th Feb 2022
Medical Passed: 7th March 2022
Biometric Validity Letter(BVL): 29th March 2022
Original Passport Request: 30th March 2022

Thanks to all contributing members of the platform as the information shared was extremely helpful in putting together this successful application

Key learnings here for me was lump sum clarification in SOP,clear and strong hometies, payment of fees in full where possible as ultimate proof of funds and clear progression towards current study plan

Pray we would all get our good news including those that have been delayee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

Congratulations. May Canada favor you.

Old or new portal?

New portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Learner247: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
tonnymexx:
Thanks so much. But you know this is a private company or shop and I dont think if the transferring money will look like a payslip. Or what format will I use to show that this is my monthly salary from my dad shop?

The information needed is what you earn. State that in your employment letter.
Refer the reviewer to the consistent receipt of the said amount in your bank account from your SOP.

My salary was stated only in my employment letter in my first full-time employment. No payslip. But I could show that I earned such amount because the said sum was paid into my account from the same source every month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
My first application was april 23.
Refused September 13, 2021 based on this reasons;

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

Meanwhile I am married with a child and I applied alone and provided family pictures. So I was convinced that was easy for me to tackle.

Second application was on March 11, 2022
BVL and PPR: March 30, 2022.

I ensured I provided more document and pictures for my home ties, I did MBS for 1 year for my statement. Every document I submitted was backed with a proof.

In all it is all God's grace. It will end in praise for us all.

Thank you all.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamborghinifcb(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kam3:

New portal

Congratulations....I assume you are a potential student of University of west Canada or so...coz it seems I read similar timeline of such on telegram this evening or thereabout.

Quadri?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jollytravels: 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations....

Please God this is a gentle reminder that we are still waiting from October of 2021....please remember us too....

Kam3:
March 11 applicant

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
lamborghinifcb:

Congratulations....I assume you are a potential student of University of west Canada or so...coz it seems I read similar timeline of such on telegram this evening or thereabout.

Quadri?

Yes I am

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
WOW, all in one month? CONGRATULATIONS! ours is coming soon. Amen.

Kam3:
My first application was april 23.
Refused September 13, 2021 based on this reasons;

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

Meanwhile I am married with a child and I applied alone and provided family pictures. So I was convinced that was easy for me to tackle.

Second application was on March 11, 2022
BVL and PPR: March 30, 2022.

I ensured I provided more document and pictures for my home ties, I did MBS for 1 year for my statement. Every document I submitted was backed with a proof.

In all it is all God's grace. It will end in praise for us all.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Learner247:

Temporary

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Please anyone going to Humber here Sept 2022? let us connect. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
@ Nikky6

Please which page am I filling on the consent form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.