Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909393 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iykedpetes(m): 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
TeniO:
Good afternoon everyone! I just got my PPR!!
Ive been a silent reader here, as I came across the platform not long after I submitted my first application application
Was denied the first time last year after not providing enough documents as I had no clue how to go about it

Timeline of 2nd application:

Applied : 20th October 2021
Upfront Medicals Passed : 5th January 2022
Eligibility Review : started 5th January
PPR : 31st March 2022

Thank you to everybody who shares resources on this platform, God bless you all!
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OkukuOne(m): 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
CentennialGuy:
Have you checked page 1 of this thread? If you haven't, I will advise you to do so. You will see a lot of helpful links to guide you there.

thanks. let me go back to page one to do a proper check. will revert with my findings if sufficient.

God make all our efforts yield good results in Jesus name. Amen.

Blessings

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Hello Kam 3, Did u ever notice any ghost update and did ur eligibility ever start before you recvd your PPR.

Pls respond

No ghost update, eligibility started 3 days after and medical was passed in about a week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Congratulations ���
TeniO:
Ive been a silent reader here, as I came across the platform not long after I submitted my first application application
Was denied the first time last year after not providing enough documents as I had no clue how to go about it

Thank you to everybody who shares resources on this platform, God bless you all!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Munando: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
Anon123:

Okay.. Lemme explain further..

She went to canada for a 2yrs course and was ought to be given a 3yrs pgwp but because her passport was to expire before the 3yrs, they gave her 2yrs. Now she has renewed her passport and wants to apply for a pgwp extension.

My query is, isnt pgwp extension applied online and not paper.

Hello, I was offered admission for Jan-2023 for a 2 year MSc program and my passport will expire by June-2025.
I hope this will not negatively affect my 3 year PGWP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Munando:

Hello, I was offered admission for Jan-2023 for a 2 year MSc program and my passport will expire by June-2025.
I hope this will not negatively affect my 3 year PGWP?
You can renew your passport 6months to its expiration in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tonnymexx: 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good morning gurus,

Am a store keeper officer at my dad business store. Please gurus what PGC program should I apply for that will increase my chancing of having Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
eniola1010:
Hello my friends.

I want to ask something aa regards the issue of proof of funds.

What exactly do the vo look at. Is it available balance, opening balance or closing balance.

All the above.

Are they more concerned about how much has been leaving and entering the account or are they more concerned about how much is sitting in the account as at the time you printed the statement.

All the above.

Look at this two scenario.

Scenario1. Millions has been entering and leaving but it is like 500k that is left as at the time you printed ur statement and submitted.
Scenario2. A few thousands has been entering and going but you have 8million sitting in the account as at the time you printed ur statement.
Which of the scenario is better?

The second scenario is better if you are to self sponsor, but try to increase the inflow and outflow.

Also, i want to ask. For someone like me who do bitcoij business. Money comes in and out. How do i explain to them what i do, because i dont want to tell them i do bitcoin business. Is it possible i say i do microfinance business like pos services in a very well populated student environment. At least that can tell why i have such inflow and immediate outflow.

Do you have CAC for the POS business?.
Can you show the pics of the POS stand?.
Can the stand convince the VO that the large inflow and outflow are genuine?.
If all of the above are affirmative, then go ahead.

Furthermore, lets assume i have 10million in my balance and i have printed my statement and submitted it. Can i go ahead and withdraw the 10m or part of it. Or do i have to leave it untouched till i get to canada. Cus i feel since the statement with 10m has been submitted. They have no reason to still be keeping track of my statement balance. Or do these VO's steadily keep track of one's statement to see if u dont spend the money u have in ur bank before u enter canada

This is at your prerogative.
They don't keep track on the amount in a submitted statement. But try to avoid lump sum. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
amila20042001:
You didnt miss much.

One Kam3 got PPR in 19days, God of PPR showed him supreme mercy.

Teemnezo, Kellykk and co are yet to get their PPR, However their good news will be served hot on or before the end of next week.

Amen ��
Yours too will come soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
tonnymexx:
Good morning gurus,

Am a store keeper officer at my dad business store. Please gurus what PGC program should I apply for that will increase my chancing of having Visa?
What did you study and when did you graduate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aamey15: 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hi everyone,

Please i am trying to book my upfront medicals but Qlife is fully booked in April, can you help out.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Rani001: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
I just received an email from vfs Abuja that my decision envelope has been dispatched to the courier address I provided.

When I try to track it on their website, I get this message below:

“Visa application, tracking ID No. – Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.”

Which one be Vide again?? Na DHL I use na … I’m confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by NgumimiT: 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
It’s probably a courier service they partner with.

DHL is usually very professional so I don’t think you need to be worried.

feistymikey:
I just received an email from vfs Abuja that my decision envelope has been dispatched to the courier address I provided.

“Visa application, tracking ID No. – Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.”

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
Yeah I’m starting to think that too… maybe those ones will take it to dhl. It is well by God’s grace.
NgumimiT:
It’s probably a courier service they partner with.

DHL is usually very professional so I don’t think you need to be worried.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
feistymikey:

Track it on DHL website with the your return tracking number DHL gave to you when you send your passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
AMEN!!!

KellyKk:

Amen ��
Yours too will come soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
TeniO:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
Yeah I’m doing that but it’s just showing the date I initially sent it to Abuja…
kennyjoy:

Track it on DHL website with the your return tracking number DHL gave to you when you send your passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olanrae(m): 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hi guys

Please where should all letters be addressed to
Is it the Canadian High commission, Nairobi, Kenya
Or
Canadian Deputy High commission in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chibexe: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Malone122:
go for a two year program

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chibexe: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
feistymikey:
A one year program will give you a 1-year work permit.
A two year program will give you a 3-year work permit. I think that’s better…
But then, it all depends on what your end goal is.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
feistymikey:
Yeah I’m doing that but it’s just showing the date I initially sent it to Abuja…

No worries!!! Before the end of the day, it should be picked my DHL. And it’s will shows shipment as been picked up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
buchito1:

Congratulations on your PPR again dawg!

1- All Airlines are good. The plan is to get to your destination safe, ain't it? Who better airline epp? tongue

2- I think Ethiopian Airline is one of the cheapest airlines ever, travelling to Canada. So check them out. And book directly from their website

3- Carry loads kwa? shocked angry This one no be Peace Mass Transit oh! Or Izuchukwu or Young Shall Grow. You're eligible to 23kg Max for two bags, with 7kg thereabouts for check-in bags. If you have extra luggage, you'd pay extra for it. About $200 last I checked (though I know say money no be your problem, since them dey plan for you already grin) .

I'm a nutshell, plan well, go with the most important things you've got! Goodluck man.

BTW, my flight's for tomorrow! Someone wish me a Safe Trip bikonu? cheesy

Safe safe.. Buchito Abeg no forget to drop Landing gist make I use that one hold body till next week when me wan move too..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Amen by God’s grace; Thank you always bro
kennyjoy:

No worries!!! Before the end of the day, it should be picked my DHL. And it’s will shows shipment as been picked up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Please Mums that have applied for ppr with their kids in recent times,how long did it take to get an approval?
Also has anyone applied with their us citizen kids as against just traveling with them?
How did it go?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Smartzkelvin(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
TeniO:

� Congratulations �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Either of the two is good, depend on your goal. You can definitely get visa for 1 or 2 years program as long as you have degree.

How much is Douglas deposit you must pay after your application is approved?

Chibexe:
Good day Guys,

i'm about paying the application fee for douglas college.

i'm actually applying for Postgraduate diploma in Data analytics.

It is a one year program.(pls whats the implication of the duration to my Visa application, is it better i go for a two year programme)

I will appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by samuelcrestor: 5:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
People of God
Something big has happened

PPR has dropped but it came in an awesome way

They rejected me by 2:20pm then approved by 2:30 pm... I am coming to gist you people

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 5:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
feistymikey:
A one year program will give you a 1-year work permit.
A two year program will give you a 3-year work permit. I think that’s better…
But then, it all depends on what your end goal is.
I'm sorry is that guaranteed? That a one year program can't get more than one year PGWP because some of these two year programs are quite expensive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
Congratulations
samuelcrestor:
People of God
Something big has happened

PPR has dropped but it came in an awesome way

They rejected me by 2:20pm then approved by 2:30 pm... I am coming to gist you people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jollytravels: 5:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello all, please who has Frankrobbn e. mail address please ....or how to contact him...I want to refer him to someone is urgent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.