Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (904950 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by glotalk: 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Gift212:
IT'S PPRRRRRRRRRRRRR
What a way to start the month. December 3rd applicant, new portal.
I'm coming back surely to drop my full details!

Congratulation mine is loading i am due to drop my time line. it will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tolupe1: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Aitchugo:

Congratulations. I book this space for my PPR testimony!! It will all end in praise.
February 2022 Applicant here.
Resumption is on May 9th. Posting my timeline here & hoping for the best.

My timeline

Applied: Feb 15th
Biometrics completed: May 17th
eligibility review : Still being reviewed.
Upfront Medicals Passed :March 9th

Awaiting PPR

Your eligibility has started?

Hey God, I am your child oo. Applied Jan 26.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeyinkaadetunj: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Please someone should help with name of App that I can use to compress pdf from 50MB to 2MB...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Please how do I go about my police report in Abuja.

And I really need a guru to help overview my SOP to see if it makes sense. I don’t mind paying Abeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tejaisco(f): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Yes this move is a wrong Academic/CAREER PROGRESSION and a red flag on a study visa application which which will give a visa officer an impression your PURPOSE OF VISIT TO CANADA is not to STUDY.

Going for another Bachelors degree is a Red flag since you already have a Bachelors degree
Going for Nursing which has nothing to do with Geology is another red flag.

A Canada Visa Officer Will expect you to go for something higher e.g. a PG. CERT program in a Geology, Environmental related field in a College.

AWAIT RESPONSE FROM THE GURUS AND OTHER MEMBERS HERE
Wahala ooooo...Thank you for your response sha ...the thing is I have always had a flare for nursing..I actually applied for nursing then but was given geology...so when this opportunity came, I thought to apply for nursing again since it is not related to geology cus I can’t get a Pgd cert in nursing with a bsc In geology and it is a way for me to fulfill my dream. Although I have proof that I actually applied for nursing but was given geology...won’t that proof be able to convince the VO that nursing as always been my dream ? Also...is it possible for me not to mention my degree in geology during my visa application...I finished secondary sch 2014
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1manuel(m): 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Good evening to all the gurus here. I've been a silent reader for quite a while and although I currently hold admission for Sept 2022 bachelor's in software system engineering >university of Regina I decided to let it be and focus on my studies here in Nigeria since I'm a 200 level student of unn and couldn't get a sponsor.

Well now my mother has decided to sponsor me and I'm having problems with POF. She's owns 2 supermarkets { only one registered with CAC and her bank bal is 11m but the deposits in her account are inconsistent ranging from 1500 - any amount since she uses this acc to sometimes receive payments.

How do I explain this in my SOP. Pls help me out.

I'm also going to to university of Regina winter intake, make we link up abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akinz75(m): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Akinz75:
Good day to guys
Pls I’m about to start my application journey but I have one concern, which is, I’ve been using my father’s name as my surname since my childhood (firstborn) while my siblings are using our family name as their surname, will this affect my home ties in any way?

Abeg make person reply me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lolly30(f): 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
@tejaisco
I dnt really knw much. The decision is yours. I Ve bsc on public health I finished secondary school in 2013.. I wanted nursing to be sincere I tried going to school of nursing sef Bt no avail.
So when applying for student visa it was bsc I applied for again. I did as if I dnt even ave the bsc at all. Pple said is waste of time Bt Daz wat I really want and to God b d glory I got my Ppr dis march and I applied December. Though I did not do it myself o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shams040(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Please can anyone suggest a cheap college for supply chain post-graduate diploma in Alberta, Manitoba, Calgary or Sask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akukusesemomo: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2022
God please remember me
Jan applicant
God please
Let my PPR drop this new week we are entering. Thank you God

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:05am On Apr 02, 2022
Gift212:
IT'S PPRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just smiling here. So happy for you.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:08am On Apr 02, 2022
Akinz75:
Good day to guys
Pls I’m about to start my application journey but I have one concern, which is, I’ve been using my father’s name as my surname since my childhood (firstborn) while my siblings are using our family name as their surname, will this affect my home ties in any way?

Do you have birth certificates with your parents full names on yours and that of your siblings?
You could show that and mention it in your LOE.
Family pics of your family
Siblings birth certificates showing same parents.

The gurus can add to my thoughts or correct it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 12:08am On Apr 02, 2022
Hello, i have not been to pay for my flight booking since morning, the only means i has was found but my back app can't transfer more than 500k...

Any help please, i can pay to Ethiopian Airline, even through wakanow.

Someone said i will have to get to the bank for upgrade, is that the only solution please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:09am On Apr 02, 2022
Canadaboy3:
Testimony again and again...

God be praised
After getting my PPR

My course is for 7 months
But IRCC gave me 2 years visa ..

May God be praised !!!

May testimony not cease on this journey for you. Go and prosper in Jesus name. Amen.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 12:25am On Apr 02, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, please has anyone applied for a post graduate course recently in Flemings college or Lakeland college...how many weeks does it take to get feedback from them after application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:28am On Apr 02, 2022
Chubbyface:
I got married last year, and I have done change of name. But my passport still holds my maiden name, and I used my maiden name to apply for my admission and Study Permit. Hope this won’t be an issue as some of my documents like bank statement is changed to my husband’s surname name(to show relationship as we planed applying together with our son)

Explain the name difference in LOE with supporting documents like newspaper publication of name change, Include marriage certificates and pictures.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:30am On Apr 02, 2022
VonVictor:
Greetings house,

Please who ever has used eform A should help me out. After applying and getting the application number, will I have to take it to the bank to process it or will it be done automatically. Especially for Stanbic ibtc which is what I used.

Any help and input will be highly appreciated. Thank you

From what we hear, Stanbic IBTC is pretty fast. It took a week for my friend’s Form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:37am On Apr 02, 2022
Atigba:

After the one year work permit

What kind of job you need to be eligible for a permanent residence

Hi Atigba, the 1 yr PGWP allows you to work and stay in Canada for 1 year. In that period you are to find a job or do what is required to obtain PR if that’s your desire. Different PR pathways and different requirement in different provinces. Some dont even need a job offer or work period.

The challenge is get that PR within 1 yr that you are allowed to live legally in Canada. Hence to avoid the risk, some people opt to get a 2nd study program after their 1st year study.
Its called a 1+1
1+1 =2 years of study
2 years of study = 3 years PGWP. Thats 3 extra years to get that blessed PR.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:43am On Apr 02, 2022
Chechem:
Good evening everyone,
Please when proofing fund for myself and my sponsor, is statement from our Nigerian banks acceptable? Or must it be in Canadian Dollars?

If not of the above, I need directives on how it is done. Thanks everyone...

Nigerian bank statement is acceptable and used by applicants.
Ask the Nigerian bank for MyBankStatement. Most banks do it and sends the statement straight to the embassy.
Also do read page 1 of this thread. The first few pages will help you understand how to put your application together.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 12:47am On Apr 02, 2022
emmalextemtop:
Hello, i have not been to pay for my flight booking since morning, the only means i has was found but my back app can't transfer more than 500k...

Any help please, i can pay to Ethiopian Airline, even through wakanow.

Someone said i will have to get to the bank for upgrade, is that the only solution please?

Some bank apps allow your adjust your transfer limits by yourself on your app. Have you tried that?

You could also ask some who trust you to do the transfer and pay the flight for you so you don’t lose the booking and you send the cash back to the person.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 1:03am On Apr 02, 2022
Hello!

What's eTA? I saw it on my LOI, when are we getting it, at the border?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emmalextemtop: 1:05am On Apr 02, 2022
kweje:

Some bank apps allow your adjust your transfer limits by yourself on your app. Have you tried that?

You could also ask some who trust you to do the transfer and pay the flight for you so you don’t lose the booking and you send the cash back to the person.

All the best.

Which bank is that?

I used first bank, i don't know of access and gtb app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 1:18am On Apr 02, 2022
emmalextemtop:

Which bank is that?

I used first bank, i don't know of access and gtb app

The new “Access More” App allows you set you transfer limits.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 02, 2022
You can become a travel advisor just from what you read here. for all of you that contributed and keeps contributing to the success of others may God keep blessing you my target is to help at least one person from this from without charging kobo
Here is my timeline
Application Submission: 23 November
Biometrics: December 3
Upfront Medical: 17 November
medical updated to pass December 23
Eligibility: Started in January
i had to defer my admission to spring, applied for a new CAQ and also uploaded my new LOA via webform

Documents Submitted;
All IMM forms
School Fees payment receipt for $8000
4 page SOP, where i explained my study gap and also a lump sum in the account of my sponsor
Bank Statements of my sponsor including salary account. NB sponsor is my mom
Marriage Certificate of my parents
My Dad's Death Certificate
Gift Deed of a land and one house from my mom
All the documents of my mom landed properties
her 4 months salary slip
her employment letter
her passport
her affidavit of support
her letter of support

on my part
i submitted a letter of recommendation from a volunteer job which stated that me going for my studies will be a great opportunity to add my to their workforce when i complete my studies
B.Sc Results & Transcript
IELTS 7.5
NYSC cert
my car papers
my drivers license
Resume
two photos of my moms house

during the wait i started writing IRCC some emails and i noticed they blocked my email address, so i switched to webform then moved on to message all 78 MPs representing quebec, ordered my gcm notes but it has not arrived yet.
i did not submit MybankStatements for myself.

i tried reaching out to some gurus personally to help me at some point but they kept insisting that they handle the whole process. which i declined for personal reasons thank God it worked out for me.
with time i am also willing to assist with a copy of my SOP, if that will help.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 02, 2022
Here i am again please which airline is best if you are heading to montreal, Note i want to keep the layovers to the barest minimum.
secondly which documents do i need to travel with thank you so much and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 1:48am On Apr 02, 2022
Congratulations
Gift212:
IT'S PPRRRRRRRRRRRRR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 1:48am On Apr 02, 2022
Guys abeg,

what does this mean under Review of eligibility:

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 1:56am On Apr 02, 2022
You said you mailed them and they replied you with your preferred date. So what then is the problem? Why won't it be true? Are you surprised they gave you your preferred date?
Best256:
Good evening everyone.

I messaged IOM which they replied and I saw it my spam mail. I applied via email sending my biodata page and other documents for medical booking with my preferred date and they replied me giving me that preferred date I chose, pls guys how through is it?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 2:18am On Apr 02, 2022
It means your eligibility has started. That is they are checking whether you meet all the criteria for a study permit. Click on the blue circle with question mark to understand more
Belle110:
Guys abeg,

what does this mean under Review of eligibility:

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 2:48am On Apr 02, 2022
Oh wow, yea I clicked on it but didn't provide much info. Thanks a lot.

Hopefully PPR soon.
CentennialGuy:
It means your eligibility has started. That is they are checking whether you meet all the criteria for a study permit. Click on the blue circle with question mark to understand more

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donkunxex(m): 2:56am On Apr 02, 2022
Kam3:

Did you pay for transmission fee again despite doing your biometrics in lagos and sending it to lagos vfs?

I did a two way at ups and I paid for only that. The funny thing is, I think my passport was sent to Abuja from Lagos. Maybe they have a lot on their plate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 2:58am On Apr 02, 2022
Hi,

eTA is electronic travel authorization. Don't worry, it doesn't apply to Nigerians.

emmalextemtop:
Hello!

What's eTA? I saw it on my LOI, when are we getting it, at the border?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.