Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (919916 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by GentleBobo: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
EyinjuGod:
Good morning all

My visa was rejected last night.
Applied last Nov last year
Reference letter from work attached stating that I’ll return to my job after school
Financial and personal assets documents submitted
Landed document attached
Self sponsored with closing balance of 14.3
Payslips

Below is the refusal letter sent

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fe

Sorry to know this, EyinjuGod.

Did eligibility review start for you before the refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TanLiJun: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good afternoon all.

Please, how do I go about in making the application and biometric fee payment, judging from the $50 limit transaction per month?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
kweje:

Hi Atigba, the 1 yr PGWP allows you to work and stay in Canada for 1 year. In that period you are to find a job or do what is required to obtain PR if that’s your desire. Different PR pathways and different requirement in different provinces. Some dont even need a job offer or work period.

The challenge is get that PR within 1 yr that you are allowed to live legally in Canada. Hence to avoid the risk, some people opt to get a 2nd study program after their 1st year study.
Its called a 1+1
1+1 =2 years of study
2 years of study = 3 years PGWP. Thats 3 extra years to get that blessed PR.

All the best.
hi kweje,...can you pls advise me on any PG course i can take ..i cant apply for masters cox i hav HND ..and the school that offers it .. thanks..u can mail me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
I'll like to link up with any master’s program applicant at the Concordia University of Edmonton for fall (September) 2022. If you applied to the school or know someone who did so, kindly let me know. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
If you use a smartphone, download barter by flutterwave. However, please read about it before use to ensure you know what you’re doing. If done well, that should help you solve the transaction limit challenge.

TanLiJun:
Good afternoon all.

Please, how do I go about in making the application and biometric fee payment, judging from the $50 limit transaction per month?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
I need your help guys. My friend wants to apply with me to Canada but she’s a university graduate of unilag
What documents does she need for admission application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Canadaboy3: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
kweje:

May testimony not cease on this journey for you. Go and prosper in Jesus name. Amen.

Congratulations

Amen �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
eniola1010:

Without putting tongue in my cheek. Have you tried travelling down. Oiling some hands to get it done? Because that's the only way o.

My own school to is slow. I finished from oau.
But god so good. I already have a wes profile. Then i was doing express entry.

So its wes that helps me send my transcript. Cus all Canadian schools recognize wes' credential valuation
I live almost opposite my school, so going there everyday isn't a problem, the guy helping me just said that they don't give out student copy of transcript, they can only send to schools on my behalf. I'm thinking of putting my address as one of the schools they'll send to. Lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Canadaboy3: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
CentennialGuy:
It means your eligibility has started. That is they are checking whether you meet all the criteria for a study permit. Click on the blue circle with question mark to understand more

Eligibility review is on process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Danikcm: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
Any university of regina student for May here?
Also please is it safe to book flight with wakanow?
If anyone knows can they advise me... thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by chizzybaby247: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good day everyone,
Please can someone help me with list of colleges that has low tuition fee deposit.
shams040:
Please can anyone suggest a cheap college for supply chain post-graduate diploma in Alberta, Manitoba, Calgary or Sask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by life4lekan2: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
nairagrounds:
I'll like to link up with any master’s program applicant at the Concordia University of Edmonton for fall (September) 2022. If you applied to the school or know someone who did so, kindly let me know. Thanks.

Sent you email via nairaland. I applied to the school for fall as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
Apply for your gcms to know the real reason for refusal.

EyinjuGod:
Good morning all

Reference letter from work attached stating that I’ll return to my job after school
Landed document attached
Payslips

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by demure178(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
I did an updated medical March 14 2022, and it hasn’t been updated, I have sent emails to all immigration office, literally don’t know what else to do. Can someone help with an idea?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onethe: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good afternoon people

Please who has applied to NSCC currently.

What is the process like and how long before they reply.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
Yes it is safe, I have also booked my flight with wakanow.

Danikcm:
Any university of regina student for May here?
Also please is it safe to book flight with wakanow?
If anyone knows can they advise me... thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Odoziaku1: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Your medical is already update 2 PASSED since on 22 mar. What else u looking 4?

demure178:
I did an updated medical March 14 2022, and it hasn’t been updated, I have sent emails to all immigration office, literally don’t know what else to do. Can someone help with an idea?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yemiezay(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
Onethe:
Good afternoon people

Please who has applied to NSCC currently.

What is the process like and how long before they reply.

Thank you.

omo bro you see that NSCC na long thing i applied january, at first i though their processing was fast, because i was getting update regarding my application. i received a call from them before the due date of the interview. laterwards they said they are going to mail me on when they will request my transcript. bros till now i never receive mail to send my transcript. Thank God for one babe i jam for nairaland here na she give me update. so i applied to another school asap that would give admission within one month of applying. i don even forget say i apply to NSCC.

i know of a babe that applied december last year na march them just dey give her admssion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onethe: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
yemiezay:

omo bro you see that NSCC na long thing i applied january, at first i though their processing was fast, because i was getting update regarding my application. i received a call from them before the due date of the interview. laterwards they said they are going to mail me on when they will request my transcript. bros till now i never receive mail to send my transcript. Thank God for one babe i jam for nairaland here na she give me update.
so i applied to another school asap that would give admission within one month of applying. i don even forget say i apply to NSCC.

i know of a babe that applied december last year na march them just dey give her admssion.

Wow this is not encouraging o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by efizyhenchmen: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
Please, gurus in the house, please, I would like to know how the reasons stated below can be tackled? I also have same reasons. Thank you!

quote author=EyinjuGod post=111582733]Good morning all

Landed document attached
Payslips

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fe[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CAD2019: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hi everyone, please after getting the biometrics instruction letter for student visa is someone supposed to book an appointment to get it done at the VAC in Abuja ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 4:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Onethe:

Wow this is not encouraging o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
tolupe1:
Good day All,

I need advice. I applied since January 26 and eligibility has not started and School resumes May 2. I am on my 9th week now. Do you suggest I start sending emails, order gcms notes? I am pretty confused right now. Where should I send my emails to?

I need your help y’all.
The standard processing time according to their site is 12 weeks. After that you can start with sending emails to IRCC Nairobi, then proceed to raise a web form and then contact an MP in the jurisdiction of your school to make inquiries finally order your gcm notes.
But you must wait after 12 weeks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TanLiJun: 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
Thank you.
nairagrounds:
If you use a smartphone, download barter by flutterwave. However, please read about it before use to ensure you know what you’re doing. If done well, that should help you solve the transaction limit challenge.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
EyinjuGod:
Good morning all

Landed document attached
Payslips

So sorry, order for your gcm notes so you can address the issue in your next application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Danikcm: 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Okay thank you so much
Obibaby:
Yes it is safe, I have also booked my flight with wakanow.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2022
Please for those of us that used sponsors in our applications, when showing your proof of funds at the POE, can we show our sponsor’s statement of account?

Or we must hold cash?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
CAD2019:
Hi everyone, please after getting the biometrics instruction letter for student visa is someone supposed to book an appointment to get it done at the VAC in Abuja ?

Yes, if you're in Abuja, you can book your appointment in Abuja... Already booked mine for Monday in Abuja as well. Lagos is something else, there's no available date for biometrics till upper week.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ligxy:

I live almost opposite my school, so going there everyday isn't a problem, the guy helping me just said that they don't give out student copy of transcript, they can only send to schools on my behalf. I'm thinking of putting my address as one of the schools they'll send to. Lol grin grin

They won't send to your address once it's not an institution or standard organization's address. You can request for it to be sent to an institution where you have an insider, then once it arrives there, the person helps you get it out and hand it over. That's what I did when I was in your shoes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vtino13(m): 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good day everyone.

Please I have a question to ask, can someone use a totally new bank account to show your remaining tuition balance and living expenses? The source of funds will be from the sale of personal property.

Documents to back it up will include deed/survey plan of the property when bought, deed of property when sold with receipts.

Hope this won't raise eyebrows as there won't be any other transactions to check on this statement (I understand that we are to provide 6 months bank statement)

Note: This will be specifically be the primary account for proof of funds,
Statement from my personal company account will be provided as well..

Guys what are your takes on this, let me know your thoughts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Afolavid:

They won't send to your address once it's not an institution or standard organization's address. You can request for it to be sent to an institution where you have an insider, then once it arrives there, the person helps you get it out and hand it over. That's what I did when I was in your shoes.
Wow! Thanks for this wonderful idea. I know they won't send to my address jare, was just kidding.
Can I use a Nigerian university address? But I don't have insider anywhere bayi... I'm just so tired.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onethe: 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ligxy:

Wow! Thanks for this wonderful idea. I know they won't send to my address jare, was just kidding.
Can I use a Nigerian university address? But I don't have insider anywhere bayi... I'm just so tired.

If you are working

You let them address it to your office

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.