Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907806 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Good afternoon

I want to use Form A to pay my school fees (Flemming college) but the invoice generated from CIBC stated that payment must be initiated within five days.

I'm confused..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=112230230]

You can't have two home countries at same time unless you've citizenship in both countries. Your focus when writing your sop should be targeted on how you can achieve your goals and translate them back to the country where you're presently working which is the country of birth. You can mention about your ties to another country, however your center of interest should be based on your country of citizenship.

Thanks a lot for this info. For example, the person's country of birth is A with no international passport. The other country B, he has the international passport in which he is using as country of citizenship and that's the country he has his major assets just I said before. Based on what u said, how can he structure the sop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejaymagic: 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Favieey:

I will like to connect with you Teejay if you do not mind, I am planning to apply by September 2022.

Will need your experience

Kindly drop your email..Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
It's self explanatory sire.

1.)Show progression. Go for a program in relation to your work experience.
2.)Demonstrate genuineness by going for a program at a higher academic level
3.) Draft a reasonable study plan that will perfectly elucidate the reasons you chose the course/program.
Greenwisher:

Hi guys
So GCMS just got in:
Reason: Purpose of visit

Course studies: Environmental Management

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history.
I note that:
-the client's previous studies were in an unrelated field
-the client has previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada
-the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path

@Teemenzo @makano @Time2soar1 @Davidbanky @frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by eyidamilola(f): 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

Oh sorry for the delayed response via WhatsApp, a phone call could've been much better for quicker feedback. I hope to be able to assist you some other time. Wishing you the very best in your application.

It will end in praise
Thanks so much for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

From the wisdom of my vast experiences, i will advice you not to apply for a visa when your spouse hasn't landed Canada. The SIN and study permit which are issued at the point of entry are important documents to be included in a Spousal Open Work Permit or Visitor's visa of the accompanying spouse. Should you apply without these documents, your application will not be processed in a timely manner.

On the other scenario you mentioned, I will recommend that your spouse goes first before you can put in for your application to join her in Canada. This will considerably help her application build strong ties back home.

It will end in praise
Hello Frankrobbn1:
How about in a case where the wife is the one applying for study permit and dey have a 3months old, thereby applying together with the husband so he can help in taking care of the baby. undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
Chubbyface:

Hello Frankrobbn1:
How about in a case where the wife is the one applying for study permit and dey have a 3months old, thereby applying together with the husband so he can help in taking care of the baby, Because they want the baby to grow up in a two-parent family undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
Chriswazo:

Can I do this practical nursing program?
I have BSc in Environmental biology and MSc in Environmental management..

If not, what would be my best bet to enter Canada as a student?

No you can't.

Practical nursing is a wrong Academic Progression for you, you are BSC and MSC holder, and a Visa Officer won't be convinced that your purpose of visit is to study in Canada if you go for that.

To convince a a VISA OFFICER that your purpose of visit to Canada is to study, go for a PHD in an Environment Management/Environmental Biology related field.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mercy445: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
Thank you so much, this was successful. I used the GTBank airline ticket payment to make payment affect booking. Waiting on confirmation.

I am so grateful ��
francisxbee:
it's because you're in canada so by default it is using the Canada's version of the website. Use this
https://www.lufthansa.com/ng/en/homepage
You should then see a Pay at office option during checkout.
If that still doesn't work, then it may be IP issues. You can then tell anyone in Nigeria to book the reservation for you via pay at office option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JayEjabz: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
Filanodivine:
I’m using the ilovepdf.com to compress my documents to 2mb but still not within 2mb., any solution?

Compress the documents one after the other to reduce the sizes first especially the large ones before merging then compress again after merging but make sure they are very clear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Muslimah1200: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

From the wisdom of my vast experiences, i will advice you not to apply for a visa when your spouse hasn't landed Canada. The SIN and study permit which are issued at the point of entry are important documents to be included in a Spousal Open Work Permit or Visitor's visa of the accompanying spouse. Should you apply without these documents, your application will not be processed in a timely manner.

On the other scenario you mentioned, I will recommend that your spouse goes first before you can put in for your application to join her in Canada. This will considerably help her application build strong ties back home.

It will end in praise

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Lotathebaby:

Download the app(barter by flutterwave), register for it, add money to the account, create a virtual dollar card, fund the card with the amount and pay with the virtual card details. It is really straightforward once you download the app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by swankdude(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
Good day house, please I am in need of 2 or 3 Canadian universities names that accept Nigerian graduates into their post graduate diploma/certificate in accounting program. I have a HND in accounting. God bless you as you help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gift212: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
Just saw this. You've sorted it now, right?
mercy445:
Its really frustrating the only options it shows is debit/credit and paypal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Lotathebaby:

Download the app(barter by flutterwave), register for it, add money to the account, create a virtual dollar card, fund the card with the amount and pay with the virtual card details. It is really straightforward once you download the app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mercy445: 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2022
Yes thank you!!
Gift212:
Just saw this. You've sorted it now, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
Please what are the requirements for applying for study permit extension?

Frankrobbn1:

Are you done with your studies in Canada? If no, you need to renew your passport at the Nigerian consulate in Ottawa and subsequently apply for a study permit extension after the passport has been renewed. Ensure you apply for your extension six (6) months before the expiry date of your study permit.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rotexteymie(f): 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
Yes, your debit card won't go through. Try picking another payment option. There you will see an option to pay at their office. When you pick that, the booking will be reserved for 48-72hrs and then you can walk in and make payment.

mercy445:
Thank you so much for your response. We have been trying online but paying with a debit card in naira is not possible. And no option to reserve and pay at the office. Can u plsshedmore light I dont want to loose the one I am on.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2022
swankdude:
Good day house, please I am in need of 2 or 3 Canadian universities names that accept Nigerian graduates into their post graduate diploma/certificate in accounting program. I have a HND in accounting. God bless you as you help a brother

Below is a link that shows some colleges and universities that offers that program.
https://yocket.com/blog/pg-diploma-in-accounting-in-canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Thanks for your valuable inputs here Frank.
Please what's the process of converting visitor's visa to SOWP

Frankrobbn1:

The best will be when she is in Canada, you can through her influence in Canada apply to visit her. The application will be prioritised rather than applying as a tourist which takes a longer processing times.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Odoziaku1: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
How do I reach you please? I’ll love to contact you so I can prepare my documents ahead. Kindly send your email

Frankrobbn1:

Given that you've good working experience in your husband's business, a management program is the most suitable program for you to show career progression.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
Frankrobbn1, and all other Guru
Please, I have a QUESTION.

Whether It is compulsory for someone working under the government to include REFERENCE LETTER and STUDY LEAVE LETTER from the office to his application.
What if the person did not include it will his application be refused?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by giftyyrealties: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hello

Please assist.
If I want to request for gcms notes for a family application, should I request for each family member since we all have different UCI's or for just the main applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamjoybob: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
You can private message me by email so I can help you.
Please who knows how I can activate my CAC certificate if registration on CAC portal o.
I have searched & explored the CAC website. Nothing was found on activating an active certificate.
Please what do I do ?
Thanks house. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Greenwisher: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
Omiinii:
It's self explanatory sire.

1.)Show progression. Go for a program in relation to your work experience.
2.)Demonstrate genuineness by going for a program at a higher academic level
3.) Draft a reasonable study plan that will perfectly elucidate the reasons you chose the course/program.

Thanks chief
Your contribution will definitely be put into consideration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oluayebenz: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
pixzy:
Good morning beautiful people .

Please I have a question ?
if you check-in your bags, is it going to your final destination or I have to pick them up and recheck in ?

E.g I’m leave from PHC > Frankfurt > Calgary > Edmonton.

Do I have to recheck my bags at Frankfurt and Calgary?

Once your check in at PHC, your luggages will be waiting for you at your final destination 'Edmonton'

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aclfemmy(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
I did thru Zenith bank. It took me just 6 days. I made sure I did it through my domicile branch. In addition, I told my account officer I was given 10 days to effect the payment failing which, the transaction will be rescinded.

Samtob4life:
Good evening

Please Who pay tuition fee through form A using Gtb or Zenith recently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aclfemmy(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
I did thru Zenith bank. It took me just 6 days. I made sure I did it through my domicile branch. In addition, I told my account officer I was given 10 days to effect the payment failing which, the transaction will be rescinded.

rotexteymie:
You can buy from their website and pay in Naira. If you're in Lagos, you can book online and go to their office to complete the payment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
giftyyrealties:

Hello

Please assist.
If I want to request for gcms notes for a family application, should I request for each family member since we all have different UCI's or for just the main applicant?

Yeah ..each person should request for Gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Graceade2022: 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please I'd like to ask, does VFS-global communicate (mail/SMS) to applicant after forwarding biometrics capturing to the embassy or the applicant discovers when they check their visa application profile themselves?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
aclfemmy:

Alright thank you.

Please do you CIBC to generate your invoice?

I was given just four days to initiate my payment (which is not possible using form A)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.