Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908108 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pejudear(f): 8:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
Halyshia:
Please, any August/September applicant here waiting for IRCC approval? I’ve done my biometrics since September 1st and haven’t heard anything since then, not even medical request
Yes ooo. My husband is still waiting for an approval. He did upfront medicals. September 6 applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TittyLover: 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2022
Is there any November applicant that got an update yet

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2022
Good evening everyone grin,

I'm here again with my wahala grin
So my sponsor has this landed property which she had acquired back in the days, then she didn't get a deed of assignment or any form of documents to prove her ownership of the land.
So my question is:
Is there anyway I can prove she is the owner of the land to ircc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VIKKYIFE: 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
Yes ooo. My husband is still waiting for an approval. He did upfront medicals

Did they update his medicals to pass?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
Iamgrac:

So my sponsor has this landed property which she had acquired back in the days, then she didn't get a deed of assignment or any form of documents to prove her ownership of the land.
So my question is:
Not even a registered survey plan....
May be it is ancestral land...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WiZiggy: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
What happens if one is not granted visa the second time?
Davidganna10:
my advice to you is to apply to cheap schools, there are many university or colleges that has relatively cheap tuition.

1.Apply to a school that have <18kCAD tuition.

When You get admitted, tell your mom
to send you some money( about) with gift deed. This will bring your total funds to 3.2million this will enable you pay your first term tuition and also show funds for your living expenses.

Before paying your tuition Print your bank statement.

Pay first semester tuition.

Contact your uncle to write sponsorship letter and provide the following documents; 1His Employment letter/business registration certificate
2. Birth certificate for proof of relationship.
3. Bank statements
4. Promotion letters
5. His payslips
6. Passport bio data Page.

Provide home tie; assets, properties and your mother can stand as home ties, if you have neither assets nor properties, you can use you mother.

Write a captivating SOP, contact gurus to review it.

Apply and hope for best. If you don't get it in your first application you can apply again or request for you tuition.

You are only allowed to work 20hrs during school section and unlimited
hours during school break. Now you have about 35 days breaks combined in both terms and four month summer break. If you are able work two full time jobs that pays above minimum wage it might be possible. But this depends on you, It is not a guarantee. But it is better you get a benevolent sponsor. Good luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chefbella: 9:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
TittyLover:
Is there any November applicant that got an update yet

I ordered for gcms note and they're on my eligibility now, medicals is already updated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desi10mi: 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2022
Osemigho:

Thanks for the response
Not true. You just have to prove your home ties. I know a candidate that successfully applied for another masters in Canada, while completing one in the UK.

She had a Canadian professor that was very very interested in her. Her Canadian school gave her full scholarship and recognized her incomplete UK masters for admission. She completed the UK masters before starting her Canada masters because it was one year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desi10mi: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
Okay.. I understand you perfectly.i appreciate
mrprolifik:

You can apply but you stand a better chance if you are a permanent resident of the UK. It is difficult to demonstrate to the visa officer of having strong ties to the UK if you are a temporary resident.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hello stachibu

Abuja

abuja@international.gc.ca
stanchibu2004:
Abuja email address please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by timilehinemmanu(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
Yes am on my Nov applicant my eligibility got started some days ago

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desi10mi: 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
Please how do I apply for gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bl39: 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
Greetings to you all,
I have learnt quite a lot in the little time I have been here.
Please any advice.
I have admission for September 2022 and I am about to start the visa application. I have a family of 5 and I intend to apply with my family.

Is it wise to apply for my entire family from the onset or should I apply first? (Do I stand a better chance of success if I apply alone) ?

Also, do Assets such as cars, landed property and pension funds count as proof of funds?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
The only thing she has is a receipt of the payment
Is there a way I can get any of those documents
Predator188:

Not even a registered survey plan....
May be it is ancestral land...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2022
bl39:
Greetings to you all,
Please any advice.
I have admission for September 2022 and I am about to start the visa application. I have a family of 5 and I intend to apply with my family.

Is it wise to apply for my entire family from the onset or should I apply first? (Do I stand a better chance of success if I apply alone) ?

Also, do Assets such as cars, landed property and pension funds count as proof of funds?

Thanks.

It's always advisable to apply alone and use your family as home ties. If you decides otherwise you MUST give the Visa Officer GOOD reasons why all of you are travelling. We have seen families getting visa too.

For proof of funds, you need to show that those items are readily available or accessible to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2022
WiZiggy:
is at your prerogative to continue or stop. No amount of times are much if you are determined.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 11:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hello b139

Like I always advise applicants, one of the things to put into consideration when applying for a study Visa is Home ties.

There are 2 ways of applying for a student visa as a family:

- You can apply as a family for a study visa application and still get your visa but the chances are very slim, the reason is that this is a temporary visa you are applying for and not a permanent residence Visa.. So you will have to come back home after your studies( even though no one comes back home) cos that is what the Visa officer wants, and there must be a concrete reason for your coming back home and this is where Home ties comes in, now when you all go together, the Visa officer knows you wont come back since you are going as a family, considering you actually applied for a Temporary Visa..

2. You can apply alone, when you get to Canada, you can apply for a spousal permit for your Hubby and Visiting Visa for your Kids. With this kind of application, you have reasons to come back to your home countries i.e your family members will stand as Home ties, cos the Visa Officer will know that you won't wanna leave your family and stay put in Canada.. So you will use your family as home ties and convince the Visa officer you can't leave your family behind in your home country and remain in Canada, so that is why I always advise family applicants to go first and then apply for their family members once they get there..

So bottom line, you can actually get your study permit with both categories, but you have more chances of approval with the 2nd option..

Peace
bl39:
Greetings to you all,
Please any advice.

Thanks.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidganna10: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2022
Iamgrac:

So my question is:
it is likely an ancestral land....
You sponsor can do the survey plan of the land,it will contain the sponsors name, address,
And his/her contacts. Also, it will show whether the land is encumbered or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 12:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Hello

Noting.. You keep trying if you are still interested in your Canadian dream...

Personally I know someone who has gotten a refusal 6 times and got his Visa the seventh time..

Peace
WiZiggy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Debsogie20(f): 12:32am On Feb 07, 2022
This new week I will share my PPR testimony here!!!!
Amen !!
From my mouth to God's ears

October 21st applicant

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Halyshia: 12:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Pejudear:
Yes ooo. My husband is still waiting for an approval. He did upfront medicals. September 6 applicant
Really? I’m so tensed, God will do it for us o, thought I was the only one

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bukky2222: 12:40am On Feb 07, 2022
Send mails to them at the Abuja office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HHH3: 12:48am On Feb 07, 2022
Good evening my people. I pray that this week will bring your expectations and good news right to your door steps.

Please is there anyone here who is currently in Vancouver? I am looking to rent house in Vancouver and environ. Please I need all the help I can get..... Information or if you know any place...

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:13am On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:15am On Feb 07, 2022
YinksXO:
Hi, for the custodian, I think it depends on the province your child is going to and if it's required, there will be a place holder for it in your application platform. The custodian does not have to be a family member, some schools will provide this for a fee, if you ask them.

Thanks @ Yinks XO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:19am On Feb 07, 2022
hayoBams:
Finally someone I can relate with,
Hi @Tcrown2020 our cases are almost similar, I also have a 16 year old son who would be 17 by June he recently wrote his waec examination last year, although I haven't applied. But we're already gathering the documents required for his application

I've sent you an email at hayorBams
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:27am On Feb 07, 2022
Omiinii:
International students in Canada have the right to change their program or institution as long as their study permit is valid. This means that you can change the college you are studying in Canada after getting a visa or study permit. You must make sure that you meet all the criteria required by your study permit. This involves studying at a designated learning institution (DLI) and regularly participating in your studies in Canada. Note that your main purpose and activity must be studying, therefore, your study program is required to be a full-time basis.

You will also need to inform (CIC) about the college change. This is done by reporting the federal government through your online account that you have currently changed your post-secondary institution. After signing in your online account, you will need to enter your new college’s DLI number, your student ID number and as well as the date you are going to start your new study program.

In Quebec, the procedure of changing schools or study programs is a bit different. If you want to study in Quebec as an international student, you must have a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ). Those who are already in Quebec as students, need to submit a new CAQ application to be able to change their educational program, school or institution.

Quite expository . Thanks @omiinii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 1:31am On Feb 07, 2022
I applied since July, still waiting to hear from them.

Halyshia:
Really? I’m so tensed, God will do it for us o, thought I was the only one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 1:35am On Feb 07, 2022
I did my biometrics in August, still waiting to hear from them. It shall end in praise for us.

Halyshia:
Please, any August/September applicant here waiting for IRCC approval? I’ve done my biometrics since September 1st and haven’t heard anything since then, not even medical request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 6:57am On Feb 07, 2022
Any idea of how I can get that
Davidganna10:
it is likely an ancestral land....
You sponsor can do the survey plan of the land,it will contain the sponsors name, address,
And his/her contacts. Also, it will show whether the land is encumbered or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Azedolf: 7:00am On Feb 07, 2022
Good morning.. please I uploaded all my documents on my portal this midnight and I login now to continue with the payment but there's no continue button to next to the payment page.. anyone experience this before?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanchibu2004: 7:30am On Feb 07, 2022
makano:
Hello stachibu

Abuja

abuja@international.gc.ca
Thank you @makano

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.