Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (925641 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Haremuh(m): 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
Please what are the advantages of doing a course with a CO-OP??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2022
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application
Calmdancer21:
Please can someone share me the link to create ircc web form for my student permit application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by username12: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hi,

IOM says it takes between 3 to 10 days to send to IRCC, but you're to submit the form given to you via webform to IRCC asap.
The link to the new webform is https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?v2

Give it a few days, it'll be updated
purespikes:
People, please I need a clarification. After completing Upfront medical,
1. how long do I have to wait before uploading the e-medical form?
2. How long does it take IOM to send the medical result to IRCC?
2. How can one upload e-medical on the new portal? Please respond

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chefbella: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
Haremuh:

You can work for longer hours as you school

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by username12: 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
Many benefits. You get to gain industrial experience while studying. It's equivalent to our own SIWES in Nigeria. Knowing Canadian employers value Canadian work experience when judging job applications, that will be a plus for you when you put in job applications.
Another thing is, co-ops are mandatory to be done in your field, so you get to network with industry leaders in your field and make relevant connections that will be helpful after school.
Haremuh:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2022
If your sponsor is a close relative like parents or siblings, you don’t necessarily need a gift deed. Affidavit of sponsorship or sponsorship letter in addition to a bank statement or MBS is acceptable.

There is no timeline for it. However, because visa officers are not a fan of lump-sum deposits, most people use a gift deed to explain the lump sum in their account, just like you present proof of sales of a property if a lump sum comes from the sale of an asset.

There is no minimum amount for a gift deed. However, a huge amount from a distant relative would be difficult to believe.

Iamgrac:
Good morning everyone,

This is my first time posting on this platform grin I am gathering documents concerning my visa application, and I've been hearing all about this gift deed, although I already searched about it on Google and already have basic information about it.
But my question is if I get my sponsor to gift me a particular amount of money for the deed of gift, how many months should I allow the money to be in my account before applying for my visa?

And also is there a minimum amount for a gift deed?

I would really appreciate if I can get a response from anyone as this is my first time applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 1:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
Don’t change your program or school while you are still in Nigeria. If you do, you must submit another study permit with the new Letter of admission.

You can change school and program without applying for a new study permit when you come to Canada. All you have to do is let IRCC know through your online account. You will see a section titled “Transfer from DLI number.”

khennyg:
Good evening guys.. thanks for the update and everything. Pls i need your help.
My application has been approved and my passport has been stamped but i want to change my course and school. What can i do. I want to change before i leave Nigeria or what can i do? Help!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
Atigba:
Greetings my people

Will a delay in capturing my biometrics cause a significant delay in getting a study permit decision from the Canadian embassy.

I submitted my study permit application on the 28th of January and I booked a biometric Monday this week in Stockholm. Unfortunately, a few minutes before I arrived at the venue, I got a call from the officer in the office.
The babe said they were told to close the office till further notice.
All their staff catch COvi19, including herself.

Which kind wahala b this. Had to turn back.

I am waiting for when they will resume again.

you are in Sweden? is Canada better than Sweden? forgive my ignorance i'm just asking because i am considering going there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanchibu2004: 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hi guys,
I want to ask if birth certificate is really important, I have already submitted my application using the new portal.
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Haremuh(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
[quote author=username12 post=109975604]Many benefits. You get to gain industrial experience while studying. It's equivalent to our own SIWES in Nigeria. Knowing Canadian employers value Canadian work experience when judging job applications, that will be a plus for you when you put in job applications.
Another thing is, co-ops are mandatory to be done in your field, so you get to network with industry leaders in your field and make relevant connections that will be helpful after school. [Does CO-OP comes with a stipends??]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2022
kennyjoy:

Baba relax, you can still do the payment with form A with ‘Paymytuition’, I guess they are just international paying platform just like Flywire….Follow the instruction d school gave to you. Go to paymytuition, input the Amount CAD you were asked to pay by NBCC, then it take you to another page, eg Bank transfer in naira, master card/visa card etc, But select you are paying with another currency which is (USD), then next you input all your informations, and they will sent you payment instructions for the form A.

All the best.
Kennyjoy thank you so much, but please I want to pay from my U.B.A Naira account .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Munaedo: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2022
[quote author=Legacyedition post=109953979]

You do not need tax clearance to apply for study permit to Canada.

Goodluck[/quote
Ok thanks a lot. I appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Munaedo: 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
[quote author=makano post=109966029]Hello Munaedo

Please if possible apply now, your resumption is for May 2022 for God sake, you have no time at all.

The Tax certificate is not a compulsory document, many have gotten their Visas without Tax certificate, so please go ahead and submit your application with the document your sponsor already have, which I believe SOA is included..

If the Tax certificate is ready after the submission of your application and you wish to still submit, send it to IRCC via Webform or email..

But like I said earlier, it is not a compulsory document...

Peace [/quote
Thanks a lot sir! I appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Haremuh:

Co-op or Internship is the first easy step into the Canadian job market. Employers are nice to them because they are considered under training. If a student performs well during internship/co-op, the company will likely offer the student a permanent position after graduation. If the student prefer to work for another company after graduation, the student already has a valuable Canadian experience and network opportunities to rely on for recommendation and references. Non-internship programs lack these advantages and most reactive student in them may struggle to get a job after graduation.

So what should proactive international students in non-internship program do? The following are options and plans to be better prepared for the job market after school.

1. Work professionally or for a reputable canadian organization during summer as a summer student. There are many summer student position available. These general titles jobs are sometimes labor or professionally oriented. At the end of summer, you will have Canadian experience and network.

2. Don't spend that time "hustling" or doing labour oriented jobs (e.g. cleaner, warehouse associates, or food delivery) in companies that rarely offer more or heavily rely on cheap labour (e.g. Walmart, Macdonald, Skip, etc.). These jobs should only be what you do part-time during school, not full-time during school breaks. They are hard to sell as professional experience for lucrative and high paying jobs.

3. Attend and or volunteer for professional network meetings or organizations regularly during school. You will meet may professionals in your field that would have known you for months or years before your graduation. By then, they will be comfortable to recommend you for job. It takes time to build relationships. You should start this early and not when you are almost graduating.

4. Network with Nigerian professionals in your area, church, etc. Applying and getting a professional job in Canada requires some in-house tips that professionals understand well but freshers don't. Nigerian professionals around you may clarify those tips to you, but remember it takes time to build relationships once again.

5. Be resilient and prayerful. It can be difficult to get a professional job in Canada. People that don't give up, get it. They continue to learn from their mistakes, apply their learning, and pray for a miracle.

If I remember another thing, I will add it. Others may add to it too. All the best.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YinksXO: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hello, congrats on the admission to Seneca college, my daughter would also be going there this September although she's already in Canada for a year 12 program. Let me know if I can help in any way and let's keep in touch, if possible. Good luck with IRCC!

hayoBams:
Seneca college

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YinksXO: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hi, for the custodian, I think it depends on the province your child is going to and if it's required, there will be a place holder for it in your application platform. The custodian does not have to be a family member, some schools will provide this for a fee, if you ask them.

Tcrown2020:

Ok. Thanks @Crystal10395. This is quite relieving. She will 17 in May , to travel August 2022 by God's grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YinksXO: 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2022
No need for a gift deed, you're his sponsor and he's a minor therefore all funds should be in your account. You will also do a letter of sponsorship which you can have notorized. Hope this helps.

hayoBams:
please can someone give a reply to this question wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
NO, it is not important. Except when you want to prove a relationship with someone, e.g. sponsor, kids, etc.

stanchibu2004:
Hi guys,
I want to ask if birth certificate is really important, I have already submitted my application using the new portal.
Thank God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Katehasty: 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Katehasty:

I work in a veterinary line too but I tried to go for a vet program too but very competitive that’s why am asking if anybody can help with a program in health line
Is health care administrator a health field and public health also a health field ..I just don’t want to make another mistake that happens to be the cause of my refusal ..I need to choose a program in health related field
Can someone pls say sometn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Katehasty: 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
Katehasty:
Hello house pls I need to ask this question it’s somehow but pls I only need ur suggestions
Please what program can someone that study anatomy at bsc level do for graduate program pls note ..program related to health …please I will await ur response
Pls say something please or am I ghosted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
Katehasty:
Hello house pls I need to ask this question it’s somehow but pls I only need ur suggestions
Please what program can someone that study anatomy at bsc level do for graduate program pls note ..program related to health …please I will await ur response

PG. Cert/Post Baccalaureate Diploma (Health Related)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/612#104848779

Masters (Anatomy, and related fields)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/290#103342597

Masters (Public Health)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/232#103121486
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Canadaboy3: 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
[quote author=Vanmanzik2551 post=109971258][/quote]

This is great news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
University of Prince Edward Island
Master of Science - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Tuition fee: $11,770.00 CAD/per year

The program is related to your background, and the tuition is affordable, but it is in a small province.
The program is also eligible for PGWP

Katehasty:

Can someone pls say sometn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by freestylebony(m): 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
Any response to this please !!
freestylebony:
Gurus in the house, how does one secure accommodation in Sudbury? and please, can anybody explain the quarantine plan and how to go about ? Does it necessarily means I will still quarantine even with being fully vaccinated and showing proof of vaccination? Urgent answers please!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Atigba: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2022
Calmdancer21:

you are in Sweden? is Canada better than Sweden? forgive my ignorance I'm just asking because i am considering going there

Language barrier will deprive you of so many things in a non-English speaking country.

That is all I can say to you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ogidigan1: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
Dear all,

I'm 39 years old, married with children. I graduated since 2008. I've been in full-time employment since 2009. I intend to pursue an MBA in Canada because my company is considering me for a managerial position.

1. Do I need to explain study gap in my SOP ?

2. Will my age be an issue ?

TeeMade:
Good afternoon house, long post alert!!!

My journey to getting SP started in August 2020 and has now ended in praise to the glory of God. I will be detailed in this post hoping that someone can learn from it, same way I learnt a lot from other people's post on this platform. To the gurus @frankrobbn, @justmellow and others, I hail oh...
See timeline below:

1st Application
- Submitted on Aug. 28th 2020
- Biometrics done on Sept. 2nd 2020
- Refused on Sept. 12th 2020
Resaon: Purpose of visit
In gcms note: VO stated the following:
1. Study gap (despite the fact that I'm studying an MBA with a specialization in Professional Sales and Business Development) and I have over 10yrs of work experience in the business field, out of which about 7yrs is in sales/business development till the time of the application.
2. Age which was 34 at the time
3. Fact that I got a US tourist visa in Jan. 2017, had a child in the US with the visa in Jan. 2018 and my visa renewal was refused in Oct. 2019. Na so dem write oh and no be sey I owe money oh, all relevant documents were provided and I visited the US in June 2017 before having the baby there in 2018 but as Trump no gree renew the visa in 2019, wetin we go do?

2nd Application
- Submitted on October 28th 2020 (This was before I received the gcms note because I was trying to meet up with January 2021 start date but thankfully, the issues raised were already addressed with proper documentation because I had joined this platform by then. Thanks to all the gurus). The only document I didn't add was "Change of Intent" email that I sent to the US Embassy in Nigeria after I decided to use my tourist Visa for child birth.
- Upfront medical passed on Nov. 20th 2020
- NSE request letter received on Dec. 1st 2020
- NSE requests submitted on Dec. 13th 2020 (used this opportunity to include the left out document and carefully explained it in the brief LOE submitted with the request.
- Refusal letter came on January 24th 2021
Reasons: purpose of visit, ties to Canada, financial status/assets, language test.
Gcms note stated the following:
1. Application pre-review comments stated that I had a child in the US and my visa was not renewed afterwards, hence, my intent to study was in doubt. I was livid seeing this because an application had just been wrongly judged even before going through the facts and documents provided.
2. The VO's comment was practically thesame as the pre-review comment so it became clear to me that the refusals were purely based on bias because of the child birth in the US and the visa renewal refusal - see wetin Trump cause.

By this time, I knew it would take more than a re-application to tackle and clear the bias. I needed to do more so I decided to do a JR.

- JR commenced in March 2021
- My lawyer had 30days to file all documents
- All documents submitted by April 2021
- IRCC correspondence had 30days to respond
- Response letter received in May 2020 and stated that they will not do any filling but they retained the right to file if the Judge decides to hear the case. (Sounded like they were trying to buy time but I didn't find it funny at all).
It was a long wait before the Federal court judge responded

- Sept. 15th 2021 - Judge responded that based on documents provided in the application, he can't understand why the application was refused and scheduled a hearing for Dec. 8th 2021.
- IRCC correspondence conceded upon receiving the judge's response, requested to settle out of court.
- They decided to set aside the refusal decision, reopen my application and have another VO review it. I'll also be allowed to submit updated IMM forms, LOA and any other documents I deemed fit to support my application.
- At this point, my lawyer advised that I should pay a substantial part if my school fees if not all and I did that.
- Also, I had renewed my UK visa for 2years while in JR process cos I was planning a vacation and I included this to show that I do not have any immigration issues. Also added (as argued by my lawyer in her submission) that the US refusal was based on the then US government's ban on African countries including Nigeria and not because I did anything wrong.
- This time, I didn't submit an LOE to explain my conditions but a statutory declaration with bullet point to address every concern/explain every point and it was notarized and sealed by the Canadian lawyer.

Application reopening timeline:
- Profile update on Sept. 30th 2021
- Request for updated documents on Nov. 3rd 2021
- Documents submitted on Dec. 1st 2021
- Medical request received on Dec. 8th 2021 (exactly 1 week from the date of submission)
- Medicals done on Dec. 20th 2021
- Medicals passed on Dec. 29th 2021
- PPR received on Jan. 12th 2022
- Passport sent through DHL to VFS Lagos on Jan. 20th 2022 (I was out of the country when I got the PPR, submitted as soon as I returned)
- Received 4 emails on Jan 24th 2022 confirming receipt of my documents in VFS Abuja office and confirming it's been sent to IRCC office
- Conterfoil and LOI dropped on Jan. 26th 2022
- Also received 4 emails confirming that my decision envelope is ready for collection on same 26th
- Received a mail confirming that my decision envelope has been received by VFS Lagos on Jan. 28th 2022
- DHL delivered my passport in the morning, today Jan. 31st 2022.

N.B: Compare the responses on Jan. 24th 2021 and Jan. 24th 2022. In exactly 1 year, I was smiling about something that got me worried and angry. Stay with God regardless of your current situation, He is too faithful to fail and He loves us too much to ignore.

All thanks to God, it has ended in praise...

I wish all PPR hopefuls all the very best and reasons to smile as God fulfills your heart desires this week and beyond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chipo14: 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, pls can anyone help clarify if I can travel to Canada in March for a course starting in May?

I know the rules were relaxed but I'm not sure again after the Omicron scare in December.

Kindly assist with this information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeejayB: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Chipo14:
Hello Nairalanders, pls can anyone help clarify if I can travel to Canada in March for a course starting in May?

I know the rules were relaxed but I'm not sure again after the Omicron scare in December.

Kindly assist with this information.

I also plan to travel in March just like you.. school resumes in May

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tholah01(f): 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hello everyone,
thanks for all the information you give, I have some questions, I just applied to Cape Breton university in Nova Scotia and I hope I get admitted, I heard it’s not advisable to come to Canada and hope to work to pay tuition but I wanted to ask if it’s possible to get student loan for international students after landing and probably pay back after school after getting pgwp

Also my course is 27000 cad, I have just 2million personally in my account I have 1000Euros in my dom account,I have been thinking of how to get sponsor as my mum is just a junior level civil servant with little funds not even up to 2m in her account, no dad but I run a cargo handling company which is registered but I wanted to ask is it possible that my friend who is my business partner based in the USA be my sponsor, she is my agent who clears my package for me and she also registered the business over there in the USA but only her name is on the one in the USA, both our names are on the cac document in Nigeria , can she be my sponsor or can money be transferred into my mum’s account so she can be my sponsor or can my uncle who is not bearing the same surname with me but based in the UK be my sponsor.
This questions has been eating me up as I don’t know how to get sponsors and I wish to travel this year

Also if I get to Canada and come back to Nigeria to get married to my partner Can I apply for work permit for him to join me immediately or must I get married before and state it in my application for student visa application before I can apply for Spousal work permit after Landing for him due to insufficient funds for us to go together

Your honest opinion will be appreciated
Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by emonipoint: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2022
Does it mean my previous approval will become invalid once I submit another application for study permit?

makano:
Hello Jayifeanyin

Changing your school or program

Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit. This means you must be:

- enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) and
- actively studying while you’re in Canada.

Changing your DLI if you’re outside Canada

If you change your DLI before coming to Canada and you don’t inform IRCC , you won’t be allowed to board your flight.
If your application is still in progress, you can inform IRCC that you changed your DLI by submitting a new letter of acceptance using the IRCC web form or email.

If your application has been approved

If your application for a study permit has been approved and you change your DLI, you must submit a new study permit application with a new letter of acceptance.

You must also pay all the fees for the new application.

Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.