Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (912356 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 9:36am On May 17, 2022
Congratulations. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

banky24:
Congrats ,May the Land of Canada favour you. I am next in line in Jesus name.

Its PPR!!!… For me and my son
See what the Lord has done…
See what the Lord has done
What I’ve been waiting for has come to pass…see what the Lord has done!

Long post loading,I have it ready just serving y’all a lil suspense…lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 9:37am On May 17, 2022
Congrats

JayEjabz:
Yay!! Pls guys pop champagne for me tonight!
God is too faithful to fail!!!
I am here to testify.
Second Time applicant!!
First application was refused in August 2021 based on personal assets and financial status.

*2nd Application New portal*
Applied April 7th 2022
Eligibility April 19th, 2022
Medical request April 23rd 2022
Medicals updated April 30th 2022
PPR: 16th May 2022�
School: Memorial University of Newfoundland
Course: MA Political Science

BACKGROUND
I started this journey in 2020 and learnt everything on my own with help from my amazing friends,some I met here on nairaland, the admission I got was so expensive and the Vo didn't think it was a reasonable expense and honestly I agree I couldn't comfortably afford that tuition...so I just gave up because I was afraid of starting all over trying to get admission again and stuff but in Jan this year I got encouraged again and decided to apply to Memorial it was a late application and I was lucky.... I got entrance scholarship too and it was cheaper/affordable. My fear was that my POF was now half of what I submitted earlier and also I wasn't employed just doing little business but God favored me regardless.

This time I included landed properties in my name for personal assets and paid my half tuition cos the other half was covered by the entrance scholarship and added my brother a police officer as a co sponsor to cover finances and wrote a convincing letter of explanation.

* Documents submitted*

1. Letter of Admission
2. Tuition Receipt through webform
3. Birth Certificate
4.Passport Bio data page
5. family picture (parents,wedding pix and convocation pix)
6. Letter of Explanation
7. NYSC discharge certificate
8. Degree certificate
9. Transcripts
10. IELTS Certificate
11.Certificate of my business registration
12. Marriage Certificate
13. Affidavit of change of Name
14. Newspaper change of name
15. My bank statements 3-mine and 2 sponsors(hubby and brother)
16. letter of Sponsorship 2
17. Employment letter 2 for sponsors
18. International passport bio data page 2 for sponsors, work ID cards, Commission Letters and Promotion letters
19. Landed property documents in my name
20 reference letters from former jobs and internships

Its the Lords doing and it is marvelous. I wish you all a rain of PPR and please don't ever give up on ur application..It gets harder sometimes before it gets easy, last year I waited almost 5mnths and got a rejection now I got an approval in 1mnth 9days.

Special thanks to my darling husband for every support..I can't even name them....to my brother for jumping in at the last minute and providing all the needed documents.
Special thanks to my dear friends Mike Alara of Toronto , Victor of Winnipeg and Ezekiel of Ottawa. Thank you guys for everything, your support and encouragements kept me going.
Cheers and God bless nairaland �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 9:38am On May 17, 2022

Tito87:
1st Application
Got a family friend as a sponsor and claimed him to be my uncle, he his financially bouyant both in Naira and USD
Sponsor Docs Submitted
CAC
Affidavit of sponsorship
passport data
Bank statement of both Naira and USD close balance over 200million
Personal Documents
receipt of first year tuition about 15k
SOP ( infact when i read this even me cry say VO suppose refuse me)
study leave
letter of intro from my office
passport
children birth certificate
no bank statement ( my Quack agent said no need, awon agent isonu)
Oct 14th got my first breakfast, ordered GCMs note and it states i cant prove relationship with sponsor and i was not finacially ok to support myself and no home ties, my course was not a reasonable expense.

I reached out to my sponsor, he was willing to give me my 2yr living expenses and also my 2nd year tuition total of 12m. He sent me the money in Nov and we applied december ( desperation cause am o, maybe if i had wait for that money to be in my accout for 4months i for get my approval o) I applied Dec 20, got another Cold breakfast Feb12...I was devasted...I decided to start UK route along the line I spoke to a guy i met on Nairaland , he was the one that took upon himself to make sure he follows up on my 3rd app, he checked all that was necessary and told, to try the 3rd time, while i was planning on reapplying i was also seeking admission for Uk schools already but my mind no go UK, didnt like the process of no clear settlement plan, This guy took it upon himself to help me word my SOP , infact the guy over try for me, he no collect penny from me o. after which i forwarded to the another guy that also took interest in my case, we looked through the SOP and added and removed somethings, and let me say this, I changed school frm Crandall 2yrs course to Centenniel 1yrs Pstgrad Certi. I was skeptical about this because i didnt know if the VO would raise concerns about me changing school again. waited till the money that was given to me by Sponsor in Nov mature till 4months, i then reapplied....Voila...God did it exactly 1month and 5days (3rd Time) God is good and kind to me

3rd Application
Self Sponsored
Affidavit on land ownership for me n my kids
my kids school intro letter used that as home tie
Letter of intro frm my Pension bank
pension statement
MBS
letter of intro frm my bank
Ielts
study leave
cooperatives accts used as home tie
1yr receipt tuition paid in full ( centenniel college
my educational Credentials
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 9:39am On May 17, 2022

[quote author=Creativeowos post=112905322][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 9:41am On May 17, 2022

imarrpopson:
It's PPR!

Birth Certificate
BSc Certificate
WES Evaluated Transcripts
GRE result
NYSC Certificate
CV
CAC registration documents of my business
Pictures with staff
Business receipts for 3 months
Business card
Business IG screenshot
Business account statements
E medical sheet

POF:
LOE for lump sum
2 Personal accounts (MBS)
GIC
Tuition payment receipt.
Documents to support lump sum explanation

Submitted via webform:
IELTS
More buisness pictures
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrnatural(m): 9:44am On May 17, 2022
Hi guys, please my wife is about to apply for a PG cert and I’m thinking isn’t it better she apply for a master degree program since she has a good grade.

She graduated with a 2.1 and I think a master degree program is the best for her.
Please I need advice on this and also a good school with lower tuition fee.

Thank you all and may it rain PPR for everyone seeking just like it’s raining this morning.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 10:00am On May 17, 2022
Congratulations....

Tito87:
1st Application
Got a family friend as a sponsor and claimed him to be my uncle, he his financially bouyant both in Naira and USD
Sponsor Docs Submitted
CAC
Affidavit of sponsorship
passport data
Bank statement of both Naira and USD close balance over 200million
Personal Documents
receipt of first year tuition about 15k
SOP ( infact when i read this even me cry say VO suppose refuse me)
study leave
letter of intro from my office
passport
children birth certificate
no bank statement ( my Quack agent said no need, awon agent isonu)
Oct 14th got my first breakfast, ordered GCMs note and it states i cant prove relationship with sponsor and i was not finacially ok to support myself and no home ties, my course was not a reasonable expense.

I reached out to my sponsor, he was willing to give me my 2yr living expenses and also my 2nd year tuition total of 12m. He sent me the money in Nov and we applied december ( desperation cause am o, maybe if i had wait for that money to be in my accout for 4months i for get my approval o) I applied Dec 20, got another Cold breakfast Feb12...I was devasted...I decided to start UK route along the line I spoke to a guy i met on Nairaland , he was the one that took upon himself to make sure he follows up on my 3rd app, he checked all that was necessary and told, to try the 3rd time, while i was planning on reapplying i was also seeking admission for Uk schools already but my mind no go UK, didnt like the process of no clear settlement plan, This guy took it upon himself to help me word my SOP , infact the guy over try for me, he no collect penny from me o. after which i forwarded to the another guy that also took interest in my case, we looked through the SOP and added and removed somethings, and let me say this, I changed school frm Crandall 2yrs course to Centenniel 1yrs Pstgrad Certi. I was skeptical about this because i didnt know if the VO would raise concerns about me changing school again. waited till the money that was given to me by Sponsor in Nov mature till 4months, i then reapplied....Voila...God did it exactly 1month and 5days (3rd Time) God is good and kind to me

3rd Application
Self Sponsored
Affidavit on land ownership for me n my kids
my kids school intro letter used that as home tie
Letter of intro frm my Pension bank
pension statement
MBS
letter of intro frm my bank
Ielts
study leave
cooperatives accts used as home tie
1yr receipt tuition paid in full ( centenniel college
my educational Credentials
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hadjipapiey(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2022
lilbethlars:
Please can you put me through the process of application into the university? I'm interested

Ok
You may send me a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 10:14am On May 17, 2022
Congratulations to all PPRs

Pls Nairalanders,

I am trying to send my new admission letter and my childs waitlist form to IRCC

Can I raise a webform for both or send it separately?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trailblazer21: 10:24am On May 17, 2022
Hello good people to f Nairaland,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MrDam(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2022
Please somebody should come to my aid
How and where can I notarize gift deed from my father.

Asap pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:45am On May 17, 2022
ShowYoung:

This is a Data Analytics course but channeled towards Geology, Surveying, Meteorology, Soil Science etc

This means you can also work as a Data Analyst (General).
Data Analytics is an in-demand profession in Canada

Alright sir ,thank you for this. But do you know of any school that offers the course??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ewaade23: 10:52am On May 17, 2022
Good morning guys.
Please who know anyone going to sault college main campus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Flygul: 10:57am On May 17, 2022
[quote author=imarrpopson post=112907533]It's PPR!

Congratulations to you and other ppr recipients, it’s really raining ppr. God abeg o �� March 24 applicant even medical I did since April 21 has not been uploaded. God pls shine your light on me oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:58am On May 17, 2022
mrnatural:
Hi guys, please my wife is about to apply for a PG cert and I’m thinking isn’t it better she apply for a master degree program since she has a good grade.

She graduated with a 2.1 and I think a master degree program is the best for her.

Thank you all and may it rain PPR for everyone seeking just like it’s raining this morning.

Since she has 2.1 she can surely go for masters then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOPAI7(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2022
Anon123:

AHH

This guy, congratulations

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Motayo97: 11:01am On May 17, 2022
Ewaade23:
Good morning guys.
Please who know anyone going to sault college main campus.

I know someone. How can I be of help?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:04am On May 17, 2022
NaturalKinzzy:
I graduated with a 3rd class.infact a very low CGPA of about 2.0. my question is what school can I apply to for PGD (Geology). And I'd be grateful if I can know the province where my course is highly demanded.

Hi

Apply for a PG. Cert Geology related program at a college. That is, a Post Graduate Certificate Program that has Geology Course components e.g Hydrogeology, Water Remediation, GIS, Geomatics , Mine Reclamation etc.

Visit the link below, you will see three Programs there and the colleges offering them, explore them each, go through the program overview, courses (subjects) done in each program etc. and go for the one that suits you.

PG. Cert in Geology Related Program and Canadian Colleges Offering Them

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/163#98327731

Though you have a 3rd class, but you can still package your admission so as to show you are a best fit for the program despite having a low CGPA (showing your CGPA don't define you). I have seen Third Class graduates who got admission to colleges for PG.CERT Programs, but they made sure they add some supporting documents e.g COVER LETTER showing that they are a best fit for the program and a Canadian Style Resume tailored to their Academic Background (PACKAGING), if you have a work experience that is Geology related add it to your Canadian Style Resume.

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

Note
Most Admission for Fall 2022 (September 2022) seems to have closed , so Focus on Fall 2023 (September 2023) or Spring 2023 (May 2023) or Winter 2023 (January 2023) depending on the intakes of each programs in the colleges

Good luck!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ultrazone(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2022
sse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:08am On May 17, 2022
mrnatural:

Hi,

It depends on the reason why she wanna apply for a PG.cert

E.g
Study gaps , work experience different from her field of study

That being said

What year did she graduate from the university (TO address study gap)

What did she study in the University?

Is she working? ,if yes, is her work experience related to her field of study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 11:10am On May 17, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

Submission on new portal - April 3rd
Biometrics - April 13th
Upfront Medicals - May 4th
Medicals Updated to pass - ?
Eligibility - ?

Medicals updated to pass- May 17th

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:16am On May 17, 2022
Beautifulchy:

Thank you so much. Conestoga College is already closed for January Intake,other open schools is just one year,is it adiviceable going for a one year course? I am considering George Brown College.

You are welcome

In that case, you have to wait for the FALL 2023 admission application period if you are interested in that program at Conestoga College

It's kinda risky going for a 1 year program, cos you will only get 1 year PGWP which would very likely not give you enough time to prepare an apply for PR.

You can finish a 1 year Program and apply for another Program so you can be eligible for the 2-3 years PGWP after study.

AWAIT ADDITIONAL INPUTS from the HOUSE

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ameryzzy(f): 11:17am On May 17, 2022
quin9:

smiley Sent you a pm

Responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrnatural(m): 11:22am On May 17, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

It depends on the reason why she wanna apply for a PG.cert

E.g
Study gaps , work experience different from her field of study

That being said

What year did she graduate from the university (TO address study gap)

What did she study in the University?

Is she working? ,if yes, is her work experience related to her field of study?

Thanks for your response.

She studied sociology in university and graduated 2015.

She hasn’t been working. Although I have a business which we both manage and it’s not related to what she studied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:45am On May 17, 2022
mrnatural:

Thanks for your response.

She studied sociology in university and graduated 2015.

She hasn’t been working. Although I have a business which we both manage and it’s not related to what she studied.

She can't go for a Masters due to her 7 years Study Gap

The only option is a PG. Cert program related to her Work experience but you said she has not been working. I don't know how you gonna address that.

She can possibly opt for a PG. Cert in business management at a college since you said both of you manage a business, but await a response from the gurus and other members of this platform on a possible way forward

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 12:04pm On May 17, 2022
Way to go...waiting for the rest to change. Celebrate milestones

HazeeyzaH:

Medicals updated to pass- May 17th

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 12:05pm On May 17, 2022
Hello Lekiboboe,

I graduated in 2017 and I want to go for a masters program. After graduation, I’ve been working in the same field I got my Bsc degree in.

Does the study gap still apply to me?

Can I still do a masters program or it must be a PG cert?
Thank you.

Lekiboboe:

She can't go for a Masters due to her 7 years Study Gap

The only option is a PG. Cert program related to her Work experience but you just said she has not been working. I don't know how you gonna address that.

She can possibly opt for a PG. Cert in business management at a college since you said both of you manage a business, but await a response from the gurus and other members of this platform on a possible way forward

Regards

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 12:05pm On May 17, 2022
ameryzzy:
PPR ohhhhhh,

@makano God bless you,

I dey come abeg, happiness wan finish me

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 12:05pm On May 17, 2022
Afolavid:
PPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy

App Submitted - Mar 31, 2022 (11PM)
Upfront Medical - Feb 24, 2022
Biometrics - Apr 4, 2022
Medicals Passed - Apr 5, 2022
BVL/PPR - May 16, 2022 (1:52PM)
Duration - 6 Weeks (1st time App)

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by femmybet(f): 12:10pm On May 17, 2022
Keep hope alive bro. It will surely end in praise for us

January applicant still here

zxxtx:
Congrats everyone….:

Please am I the only January applicant still waiting ppr ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ameryzzy(f): 12:11pm On May 17, 2022
CharitoJames:

Mine was fresh passport and it was ready in 2 days after I captured. It was express and i paid just 50k... in Festac, Lagos

ur contact ohh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:12pm On May 17, 2022
Jenny255:
Hello Lekiboboe,

I graduated in 2017 and I want to go for a masters program. After graduation, I’ve been working in the same field I got my Bsc degree in.

Does the study gap still apply to me?

Can I still do a masters program or it must be a PG cert?
Thank you.

Sure you can,
just give convincing reasons on your SOP to the Visa Officer why you are going for a Masters after 5 years of graduation from the University

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (920)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.