Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908524 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by doniluv: 9:01am On May 22, 2022
amila20042001:
I cant access GCKEY website. is this peculiar to me or is it a general issue?

Try using a laptop or tablet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ucystan(f): 9:05am On May 22, 2022
Blessed451:

You are welcome, don't be lost ask for guidance here there a gurus who are willing to answer your question/concerns. It will surely end in praise.

If you need help for your SOP I'd be glad to guide you. Cheers

Please, can you also help review my SOP? Please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 9:29am On May 22, 2022
Lilkalifaa:
please I have an issue. I want to continue my application but I can't see the continue button. What do I do? This is the new portal
It happens, just exit and login again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ktei: 9:45am On May 22, 2022
Good Morning all, my younger brother is going to Brandon University at Undergraduate Level, the school resumption date is September 7th, He has paid his tuition fee in full, He is about to submit his visa application by tomorrow, do you guys that think there will be enough time for the embassy to process his application before the resumption ?

Please, I want all your contributions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by doniluv: 9:56am On May 22, 2022
amila20042001:
I still cant access GCKEY site.

Hope this is not peculiar to just me

Try using a laptop or tablet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ebukawilson13: 10:00am On May 22, 2022
Please someone should help me

Ebukawilson13:
Hello guys.
I hope you guys are doing great.

Abeg mk una help with the link to the new Portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:02am On May 22, 2022
Good morning everyone,

I having been silently following this thread for a while now with the intention of submitting my visa application in July so i can have ample time to gather my documents. Please i would like someone to evaluate/guide me on this as i am beginning to develop anxiety/panic attack based on some of the feedbacks i have been reading on this thread.

I have a letter of admission already for Jan 2023 intake Conestoga college, currently processing to pay my tuition initial deposit, my mum and brother are my sponsors (mum's account is an account she rarely uses, however, she paid in a lump sum with the intention of setting it aside for my expenses and pof, brother's account has steady transactions), my undergrad is in industrial physics while the choice of study is in computer sci/analysis.

Please i need ideas on which documents would be best for me to attach to my application aside the obvious ones. my mum is a civil servant and my bro is a doc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MightyRance(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2022
I just recently did some finding based on the feedback i review on this trend.

It seems like once eligibility review starts, it takes within 2 months to get a final decision on application.

Who else has observed this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 10:22am On May 22, 2022
johnstan:
Good morning everyone,

I having been silently following this thread for a while now with the intention of submitting my visa application in July so i can have ample time to gather my documents. Please i would like someone to evaluate/guide me on this as i am beginning to develop anxiety/panic attack based on some of the feedbacks i have been reading on this thread.

I have a letter of admission already for Jan 2023 intake Conestoga college, currently processing to pay my tuition initial deposit, my mum and brother are my sponsors (mum's account is an account she rarely uses, however, she paid in a lump sum with the intention of setting it aside for my expenses and pof, brother's account has steady transactions), my undergrad is in industrial physics while the choice of study is in computer sci/analysis.

Please i need ideas on which documents would be best for me to attach to my application aside the obvious ones. my mum is a civil servant and my bro is a doc.

Don't panic. Study visa application process doesn't call for that. You either get approval or denial.

If you get denial, you will mend the issue raised and resubmit. You'll get your visa approval at last.

With guidance, you can be rest assured of smooth process: although that doesn't still guarantee visa approval, but chances of approval can be increased. You just must do it the right way and leave the rest to God.

Documents to submit apart from the "obvious" ones as you've said are dependent on your case scenario. Documents Mr A submitted may be different from those of Mr B. It all depends on your situation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MightyRance(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2022
Good day Gurus

It seems like once eligibility review starts, it takes within 2 months to get a final decision on application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 10:30am On May 22, 2022
MightyRance:
Good day Gurus

I wish lol
The truth is they have no formula

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Minnieny: 11:03am On May 22, 2022
I greet you all.

I'd like to know if Mpower loan financing schools are still requiring prospective students to pay a tuition fee deposit after getting admission to their school?

Thank you all. I await your response(s).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by larryking540: 11:42am On May 22, 2022
pls to the experience brothers in the house currently base in Canada,I need your assistance,
it is one thing to study a course and another thing to work with it ,I am not traveling because I just want to japa , currently am not base in Nigeria,and I have seen a definition of doing menial jobs just to feed only ,

pls for a person who studied microbiology in Nigeria what is the best course to pick to avoid that ]RAT RACE life after master or PGD,I need your answers mostly from those BASE in Canada.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wealthh: 11:46am On May 22, 2022
MightyRance:

Yinmu�...my eligibility has started since January ..no decision yet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ajineita: 12:12pm On May 22, 2022
Please what's the reasonable amount I need before I can pick up visa application form for undergraduate studies in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chefbella: 12:26pm On May 22, 2022
Glory to God,
I still haven't recovered from this good news cry
It took so long undecided

48 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:35pm On May 22, 2022
Chefbella:
Glory to God,
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mercyfoundme05: 12:40pm On May 22, 2022
Chefbella:
Glory to God,

Congratulations oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:47pm On May 22, 2022
Ajineita:
Please what's the reasonable amount I need before I can pick up visa application form for undergraduate studies in Canada?
What an ambiguous question!

I'll try to answer in the best way explainable.
1. You need to know the tuition cost of your study which may range from $9000 or less to $50,000 or more
2. You need to have at least $10,000 for living expenses for a year.
3. Miscellaneous expenses $3000.
4. Visa application and biometric fee $235.
5. Medical Examination #46,500 minimum.
6. Admission application fee for 1 application is $100 or less or more. You may apply to more than one schools before securing admission: but if you follow experts, you may cut this cost to the minimum.
All the aforementioned costs do not include expenses you'll incur gathering your documents like transcripts among others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WiZiggy: 1:08pm On May 22, 2022
Please can I use an app generated invoice for my business receipts? I don't have any hard copy receipts for my clients, can I submit electronic receipts, is it acceptable in visa application?
ShowYoung:

1. You need to know the tuition cost of your study which may range from $9000 or less to $50,000 or more
6. Admission application fee for 1 application is $100 or less or more. You may apply to more than one schools before securing admission: but if you follow experts, you may cut this cost to the minimum.
All the aforementioned costs do not include expenses you'll incur gathering your documents like transcripts among others.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 1:12pm On May 22, 2022
I deferred to fall 2022...Just keep messaging the Graduate office..Although in my case, I didn't realize I didn't submit some documents. When I reached out to grad office, I was informed my application was incomplete. I completed it and got d admission in days ..Sorry,I can't access my nairaland email so can't respond to mails ...
peluscoten:
Please who applied for UNB MBA and has gotten admission or still awaiting admission for fall 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jasperonyx: 1:26pm On May 22, 2022
mrprolifik:

Since you are really interested in moving to new Brunswick , you can submit your profile to the government of New Brunswick via their website because they are currently accepting the submission of profile from interested people willing to move to their province .
If you have done your ECA, english test , have an Express entry profile and have a C.V. you can check the site out and submit a profile. When filling the form you will need to remember your noc code incase yours isn't listed in the drop down menu. Lastly at the end you would be doing a virtual interview so make sure you have a strong internet connection when filling the form.
I wish you good luck. Below is a link to submit your profile. And the good news is that you dont need to have a job offer or relation in Canada to submit a profile .
https://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/recruitment_events.html
thank you so much. ����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Currency09: 1:27pm On May 22, 2022
Raeinn:
Landing Gist Guys!

Hi everyone, good afternoon and I’m sorry I’m just posting this now, since i got here on Monday. Been trying to get myself together.

So I booked my flight with Qatar Airways and i had a connecting flight at Qatar with AirCanada to Toronto. My flight was for by 7. 50pm (Abuja to Doha (Qatar) on the 10th of this month. I got to the airport by 3.14pm, i had checked in online and selected a seat already. As soon as i got to the airport, i paid #500 for trolley. At the entrance a guy was there and he asked for my proof of vaccination which I showed him and he scanned it to verify, he allowed me pass. I dropped my stuff on the security slide stuff and the computer showed i had something liquid in my ghana must go bag, they assumed it was palm oil and started searching the bag and it was only shampoo so they let me pass. I used the lift to go upstairs where you’ll find different desks representing different airlines. I went to Qatar Airways and My boxes and bags where overweight. My ghana must go bag was 23.7kg and my Box was 24.6kg. The guy attending to me was trying to let it slide until one busy body girl came to start making noise saying i must reduce the items and I’m not allowed to have a backpack, hmmmmn i sha changed it for her and brought her back to factory setting because something was definitely wrong with her. I didn’t pay anything or take out anything because my bag was still within 23kg, I refused to let her intimidate me. I left her and went to wrap my ghana must go bag and i paid the man 1k. Then I proceeded to check in my bags, the guy asked for my passport and covid vaccination certificate and then he gave me a yellow card and allowed me pass to the front desk. When i got there the lady was so sweet, she asked for my details and I tried to have her help me change my sit on my connecting flight with AirCanada but she couldn’t because the flight was fully booked. She checked my bags and said it was overweight but she didn’t complain she tagged them and checked them in ,collected the yellow card and filled it for me, she was so sweet and she didn’t beg me so I dashed her money. I went back down to say good bye to my siblings. I came back up by 5pm and i went to meet immigration people, the woman just started begging me immediately saying she doesn’t want to keep me here to be answering questions so I should just find something for her, i had only 500 on me so i gave it to her coz I wasn’t going to use it for anything, I proceeded to meet the other immigration officers and they collected the yellow card and stamped my passport and i went to the waiting room, we began boarding by 6.50pm I think. I went to the plane found my seat which was a window seat and I settled in. I must give it to Qatar airways, the plane was clean , legroom was just perfect, hostesses were sweet and the washroom was also very clean. This people wanted to finish us with food��, the jollof rice with vegetables and chicken sauce was a banger! ,their movie collection was perfect, in general Qatar Airways did no wrong in my eyes and the flight was smooth, we arrived Qatar by 3.20am but my itinerary said we would airrive by 4.10 am. The airport in Doha was so beautiful and super clean, i went to brush in the washroom and it was also very clean. We sat down to wait for our different connecting flights, i connected to the wifi and left messages for my family members. I couldn’t sleep sef. I kept checking the board to see my boarding gate for my connecting flight. Finally they posted it by 8.am and my flight was by 9am, i asked one of the staff there to direct me to the gate and he did. When i got there i was asked for my ArriveCan, covid vaccination proof and passport, I proceeded to the next check point a lady searched me and asked me to take of my shoes, then I proceeded to the next check point, i was asked for my enrolment letter and passport, which was checked and given back to me. They begged me to check in my hand luggage coz the flight was fully booked and there may not be enough space at the overhead cabin. So I did that and i went to board, I didn’t really like my seat sha, it was an outer aisle seat, it wasn’t bad but I wanted a window seat. Omo i was the only black on that flight, thank God i’m fair small coz I could see they were quite confused about my identity �. About 90% of people on that flight were Indians and the remaining where Canadians. I honestly wasn’t impressed by AirCanada, the entire tv sets and charging ports on the aisle roll did not work all through the 14hrs flight��, i was bored out of my brains and I couldn’t sleep, food was rubbish and the washroom was messed up, they just kept disturbing us about face mask, they kept saying if you take it down you will be fined. Omo that flight was the longest 14hrs of my life, i was tired, I walked around a bit to stretch my legs. I couldn’t sleep, i had to beg the Lady on the opposite roll to help me charge my phone, she was a Canadian and she was very nice and friendly, talked for a bit lol that’s when I believed that Canadians are really nice like people always say. Finally they served us curry rice before we landed (i’m still suffering from eating that rice), they gave those of us in the aisle roll a coupon that allows us have a discount on our next flight due to the inconvenience all through the 14hrs flight.

We Landed in Toronto by 4.05pm, I proceeded into the airport, the airport was packed full (Qatar Airport is way more beautiful) i used the self declaration machine and proceeded to join the line to see an immigration officer . The line was long ehhh omo everywhere choke. We were legit sitting on the floor for hours. I managed to get my study permit by 10.53pm, I’m not joking the line was terrible, the person that came to pick me since 4 left by 8pm after waiting. Honestly it was not a pleasant experience, just be prepared sha, those with connecting flights missed their flights. I thank God sha i got my study permit and went downstairs to look for my luggage, as God would have it i found them very close to each other. I had to wait for my cousin to come get me after work. We got to her house by 1am. I was drained. But in everything i am grateful to God��. Canada is beautiful, the cold is something else. I still bless my God for everything.

I went to Canada yesterday to get my SIN , hmmmmm the line was a continuation of the one from the airport. Went there by 8.30am and i left by 3pm���. My legs are numb from standing.

Safe flight to all those coming soon and to those waiting for their PPR , keep trusting God and hold him very tight. It will end in praise.

Again many thanks to Makano and Ketima, may God bless you both and grant all your heart desires. Amen

Please ignore any errors
nice one

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jasperonyx: 1:27pm On May 22, 2022
cooooooks:
Have you applied to jobs?

I strongly suggest that you contact the NB immigration department.

Inquire as to whether they have a system linking applicants to jobs available.

E.g. Quebec has Arrima.

I appreciate your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 1:30pm On May 22, 2022
WiZiggy:
Please can I use an app generated invoice for my business receipts? I don't have any hard copy receipts for my clients, can I submit electronic receipts, is it acceptable in visa application?

I don't know the reason for wanting to submit receipts, but if you are trying to prove you are self employed, IRCC didn't stipulate a receipt has to look somehow: even for study visa, they didn't stipulate receipt is mandatory in proving self employment. There are many other important documents to prove self employment, some of them are CAC documents (certificate of business name registration, certificate of incorporation, Articles and Memorandum of Association, corporate bank account statement, purchase invoice etc).

Receipts either electronic or handwritten are only mandatory to prove self employment in a case of Express Entry FSW or FST or PNP, it is not mandatory for study visa in as much as you have other important documents as proofs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Currency09: 1:32pm On May 22, 2022
CharitoJames:

Last year applicants are still here and you are complaining. Biometrics isn’t even up to a month../ we that did biometrics over 6 weeks ago
, same here, brother which school did u apply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chefbella: 1:33pm On May 22, 2022
MightyRance:
Good day Gurus

Mine started in Feb, I got in May

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nk20: 1:48pm On May 22, 2022
Good morning Nairaland Family. my application was submitted Since January, medical and biometric passed February, eligibility started March, since them no news only ghost mail.

I used a licensed agent. My concern is that he is not worried, keep telling me not to bother myself that I will get it, but I am worried honestly. I have deferred from January 2022 to May 2022 and again to September 2022, I don’t want to defer again.

My question is:-
(1) is it possible to send mail to IRCC without the agents knowing, he will think I am trying to go behind him and do his job if he finds out. I don’t want him to know(They are big agency, I no want any problems)

(2) what can I tell IRCC in my mail(please i need a sample)

Note: I have my application number and UCI number too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ajineita: 1:54pm On May 22, 2022
ShowYoung:

Thanks for the prompt response, I'd like to know if I have up to $30k saved would it be enough for me to start processing my admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omoba95(f): 1:55pm On May 22, 2022
Congratulations!!!

Chefbella:
Glory to God,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 1:56pm On May 22, 2022
New portal? *
Teemie22:
Very fast. I submitted May 8, upfront medical March 28, biometrics May 13th. Nothing has reflect on the portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 2:01pm On May 22, 2022
Ajineita:

Thanks for the prompt response, I'd like to know if I have up to $30k saved would it be enough for me to start processing my admission?

Yes and No! It depends on some factors.
You may want to send me a DM or contact me through my signature below to discuss somethings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.