Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (914180 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qwerty7654: 10:04pm On May 21, 2022
Good evening
I want to apply to a post graduate program in Canada, I studied biochemistry as an undergraduate. And now I’d like to go for a post graduate program in biological science or public health.
I also have the intention to seek Mpower funding for my tuition.
Please what schools can I apply to? And when is the best time to apply for January intake? And also, how long does it take to get Mpower funding?

Please I need a response. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 10:06pm On May 21, 2022
Is it okay to raise a webform or mail IRCC over the weekend or best week working days?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lilkalifaa: 10:14pm On May 21, 2022
please I have an issue. I want to continue my application but I can't see the continue button. What do I do? This is the new portal

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 10:20pm On May 21, 2022
Qwerty7654:
Good evening
I want to apply to a post graduate program in Canada, I studied biochemistry as an undergraduate. And now I’d like to go for a post graduate program in biological science or public health.
I also have the intention to seek Mpower funding for my tuition.
Please what schools can I apply to? And when is the best time to apply for January intake? And also, how long does it take to get Mpower funding?

Please I need a response. Thanks!

For Jan intake, you should start applying now.

For Mpower, visit their website and target eligible colleges and universities for admission. Not all colleges and universities qualifies for Mpower loan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Erudensi(f): 11:11pm On May 21, 2022
House pls kindly advise, I want to apply for a study visa with my 3 kids. I already have my admission with a DLI school. I will appreciate someone who did same to advise both on the fee and other things involved. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Folasadekas: 11:15pm On May 21, 2022
mankand:

Hi congratulations and I am very happy for you. I am currently on the same path, can you share me your SOP letter as I'd love to use it as a reference to prepare my own. I am supporting my wife going to Cape Brenton University.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dekung(m): 11:19pm On May 21, 2022
Hello guys,
Please any advice for someone above 45 to get an admission and study visa in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loohlaah: 11:28pm On May 21, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Loohlaah,

Relax your mind. It won't be detrimental to your application. Relax.

Best of Luck

Really JustMellow.

Thank you so much for this information. I am very grateful. My mind has been up cause of that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ucystan(f): 2:20am On May 22, 2022
Please who can help me proof read my sop!!!

M
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 2:55am On May 22, 2022
I applied to UNB on March 31st and got admission on April 28. However, I declined the offer.

I had already received my offer from the University of Ottawa and it was a better option given the quality of educational activities

peluscoten:
Please who applied for UNB MBA and has gotten admission or still awaiting admission for fall 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 2:55am On May 22, 2022
Any Uottawa students in the house?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 4:09am On May 22, 2022
ShowYoung:

For Jan intake, you should start applying now.

For Mpower, visit their website and target eligible colleges and universities for admission. Not all colleges and universities qualifies for Mpower loan.
Please are there other finance companies aside mpower? As my school is not amongst the listed ones.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Symplyannaa: 6:24am On May 22, 2022
I’m an undergraduate,I studied Economics with 3.24CGPA.I just did my convocation on the 13th May this year. Please can I apply for MBA program and which school is best with low tuition in Canada for it .

Please I need your answer��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Symplyannaa: 6:26am On May 22, 2022
I’m an undergraduate,I studied Economics with 3.24CGPA.I just did my convocation on the 13th May this year. Please can I apply for MBA program and which school is best with low tuition in Canada for it .
I’m 22years old and I just Graduated.Please I want to do my masters in Canada. Can someone please help me on how the process is like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankkydarry: 6:56am On May 22, 2022
Hello Good morning. I applied for my study visa in April and did my biometrics precisely on 6th May. It's been over two weeks now and they haven't gotten back to me. Is there anyway I can contact them or I should just for them to contact me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nelson2k: 7:19am On May 22, 2022
Application takes 11 weeks, at least wait till month end before you start messaging them.

Bankkydarry:
Hello Good morning. I applied for my study visa in April and did my biometrics precisely on 6th May. It's been over two weeks now and they haven't gotten back to me. Is there anyway I can contact them or I should just for them to contact me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:26am On May 22, 2022
Ojb555666:

Please are there other finance companies aside mpower? As my school is not amongst the listed ones.

You don't have to stick to one school. You can target those ones listed by Mpower.

There are some companies in Nigeria that do that, but I don't put my hands in it because some of them are hiding under the aegis of being loan companies: but truly, they are criminals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:29am On May 22, 2022
Symplyannaa:
I’m 22years old and I just Graduated.Please I want to do my masters in Canada. Can someone please help me on how the process is like?

If your CGPA is on 5.0 scale, it means you have second class lower division. With this result, you can't get admission into Master's degree in Canada, or let me say it will be difficult.

You can get admission for Post Graduate Diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Symplyannaa: 7:35am On May 22, 2022
ShowYoung:

If your CGPA is on 5.0 scale, it means you have second class lower division. With this result, you can't get admission into Master's degree in Canada, or let me say it will be difficult.

You can get admission for Post Graduate Diploma.

Okay thanks please how is the study permit process like?
How do one apply is it after admission?
And how long does it take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:38am On May 22, 2022
Bankkydarry:

Last year applicants are still here and you are complaining. Biometrics isn’t even up to a month../ we that did biometrics over 6 weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:39am On May 22, 2022
Lilkalifaa:
please I have an issue. I want to continue my application but I can't see the continue button. What do I do? This is the new portal

Is it supposed to have a button or you just click on “study permit application”?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Symplyannaa: 7:55am On May 22, 2022
Can I start now for my process of study permit or when I get my admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 7:57am On May 22, 2022
mzharyorlah:
Good morning

Please can I use my neco certificate to apply for admission?
depend on the school you are applying to .. if is accepted, you will see it listed or stated in their requirements.. check the school website. Or mail them to confirm yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:07am On May 22, 2022
Symplyannaa:

You can't start thinking of MBA now, it's bettter you target schools in the North Atlantic region of Canada at least you have a better chanceand considering the low tuition rate there, don't be discouraged gather your documents and pray,I suggest you get some work experience too as you begin the process.

There are a bunch of schools you need to follow this thread for colleges and universities that offers PGWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:11am On May 22, 2022
Symplyannaa:

You would need to get a letter of acceptance from a DLI before applying for a study permit, like I said follow this thread everything you need to know about schools is here, processing times vary but they said 12wks tho some get theirs approved earlier some much later, the point is you need to educate yourself on how to prepare a good application, SOP, bank statements etc. Don't be in a hurry get prepared first. Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by legenduq(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2022
Just allow it, I experienced same during my application. Clear your cache and cookies, then log in within 6-12 hours.

Lilkalifaa:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Symplyannaa: 8:12am On May 22, 2022
Blessed451:

You would need to get a letter of acceptance from a DLI before applying for a study permit, like I said follow this thread everything you need to know about schools is here, processing times vary but they said 12wks tho some get theirs approved earlier some much later, the point is you need to educate yourself on how to prepare a good application, SOP, bank statements etc. Don't be in a hurry get prepared first. Happy Sunday

Thank you so much ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:17am On May 22, 2022
Symplyannaa:
Study visa application process starts after an admission has been secured, and terms and conditions are met.

To apply for study visa, it doesn't take a long time in as much as your documents are complete and provided. You should take cognizance that getting documents ready can be daunting, it could take you days, weeks, months or years. For example, some people can't get their transripts now due to ASUU strike.

For decision on study visa, no one can give accurate timeline of study visa process. There have been people who applied for study visa and got approval or denial within 9 days, 11 days, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months and some longer than 4 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:20am On May 22, 2022
Symplyannaa:

Thank you so much ��

You are welcome, don't be lost ask for guidance here there a gurus who are willing to answer your question/concerns. It will surely end in praise.

If you need help for your SOP I'd be glad to guide you. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:21am On May 22, 2022
ShowYoung:

Study visa application process starts after an admission has been secured, and terms and conditions are met.

To apply for study visa, it doesn't take a long time in as much as your documents are complete and provided. You should take cognizance that getting documents can be daunting, it could take you months or years.

For decision on study visa, no one can give
accurate timeline of study visa process. There have been people who applied for study visa and got approval or denial within 9 days, 11 days, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months and some longer than 4 months.

That's true, na baba. God get the final say
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:28am On May 22, 2022
dekung:
Hello guys,
Please any advice for someone above 45 to get an admission and study visa in Canada?
Your age doesn't restrict you. You can easily get admission and visa. It all depends on how well you package your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.