Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907706 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Niggaxboy: 5:26pm On May 23, 2022
Please, to anyone who applied without an agent to the University of Manitoba and successfully got admitted, I'd like to know if a Waec result was the only document you provided. I'm tempted to upload my secondary school transcript but then I don't know if it'll strengthen or weaken my chances. A reply will be much appreciated as I am trying to apply today or at most in two days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Leyemoshood: 5:33pm On May 23, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zmande: 5:34pm On May 23, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Please which branch did you go to? GTB still does but the turnaround time is long, it takes an average of 4 weeks to process using GTB and you have to initiate the request from CBN Trade monitoring system portal.

Could you put me through please? I can't find where to put the IBAN form A is asking for cos all flywire provided is Routing number. Also the Remittance Information / Reference which flywire provided, there is nowhere to write that. Do I just upload the pdf file from flywire onto the Form A and they will take care of that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Docslim4u: 5:35pm On May 23, 2022
ShowYoung:

PG Cert is good for you due to the study gap. Most schools will likely not offer you admission for Master degree because of the study gap.

Quite a good number of schools don't request IELTS from Nigerians.

Be careful of NBCC and others that delight in eating application fee by throwing you into a waitlist.
Goodday, please i want to apply to Nbcc. but i do not know if i am only to send my waec result and scratch card to the NBCC portal or just the email admissionsnbcc@gmail.com? i will be waiting for your response. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jay246: 5:52pm On May 23, 2022
Niggaxboy:
Please, to anyone who applied without an agent to the University of Manitoba and successfully got admitted, I'd like to know if a Waec result was the only document you provided. I'm tempted to upload my secondary school transcript but then I don't know if it'll strengthen or weaken my chances. A reply will be much appreciated as I am trying to apply today or at most in two days.

Your waec result is more than enough to apply but if you wish to use your sec school transcript you can go ahead

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CornOak(m): 5:56pm On May 23, 2022
tosluv1:
Please how much is the tuition for this MBA program. i intend to apply for January intake

Total tuition fee for the program – $38,700 Cad

Tuition deposit (first semester) – $7,900

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rotexteymie(f): 6:01pm On May 23, 2022
Has anyone resuming in Fall traveled yet? I need landing gist �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:09pm On May 23, 2022
olokings:
You mustn't have an account with them.

Just look for a trustworthy person who does, Wenger transfer the funds to them so they'll pay your tuition.

@Keren12

If you try this, you're on your own.

Is it a rocket science to open just a savings account? Heaven helps those who help themselves!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:14pm On May 23, 2022
Keren12:
Don't have account with any of this guys oh

If you try use an account that doesn't belong to you, you are on your own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 6:14pm On May 23, 2022

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 6:15pm On May 23, 2022
Bolanle18090040:

Hello house
Please who can explain this for me ?
Regarding the option coop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 6:32pm On May 23, 2022
Bolanle18090040:

Regarding the option coop

Mandatory and Optional Co-op Programs
Cooperative Education is an important component in many programs in a College. The coop experience provides students with the opportunity to learn through a paid work experience and acquire additional knowledge and skills related to your career goals and objectives. There are a variety programs that have an optional or mandatory co-op component.

An “optional” co-op program provides students with the choice to complete co-op as they earn their credential. When a student elects to join the co-op program, all work terms within that program are mandatory to progress to any additional co-op work terms, and graduate with a co-op designation.

A “mandatory” co-op program means the students need to complete all co-op work terms in their program to earn a credential and graduate.

So in your own case since your choice of program has optional co-op , it is left to you to decide if you want to study that program with co-op option or not.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HouseRavenclaw: 6:34pm On May 23, 2022
Hi, y’all.

I ordered my notes and it shows that I don't have tuberculosis but could possibly cause "excessive demand" on health/social services. Perhaps it's that debacle tying my application decision down because there hasn't been any record since that was said around March.

I've passed every other section from eligibility to criminality, biometrics and info sharing since late last year so it's really down to medical decision or what I fear is a PFL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 6:36pm On May 23, 2022
mrprolifik:

Mandatory and Optional Co-op Programs
Cooperative Education is an important component in many programs in a College. The coop experience provides students with the opportunity to learn through a paid work experience and acquire additional knowledge and skills related to your career goals and objectives. There are a variety programs that have an optional or mandatory co-op component.

An “optional” co-op program provides students with the choice to complete co-op as they earn their credential. When a student elects to join the co-op program, all work terms within that program are mandatory to progress to any additional co-op work terms, and graduate with a co-op designation.

A “mandatory” co-op program means the students need to complete all co-op work terms in their program to earn a credential and graduate.

Thanks so much I really appreciate
can I go for the program ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 6:46pm On May 23, 2022
Bolanle18090040:

Thanks so much I really appreciate
can I go for the program ?
The program is open to both domestic and international students. So if you like the program then go for it .
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 6:51pm On May 23, 2022
Bolanle18090040:
Hello house
My friend just finished her studies in psychology education with 2:2 (second class lower)
What can she go for ? Pgd or diploma or advanced diploma and what course can she go for and what college can she pick
House please she need advice
Hi

She should go for a PG.Cert program related to her Psychology degree at a Canadian College

She should google all the programs below, check their overviews, course outlines (subjects) of each programs etc. and decide on the one to go for that suits her based on her Academic Background

PG.Cert in Autism & Behavioural Science and Colleges offering it
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Autism&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

PG. Cert, Crime Analytics
Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario

PG. Cert, Community and Social Service Management
Conestoga College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Community and Social Services Management - 987
Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario

PG. Cert, Community and Health Services Navigation (CHSN)

PG. Cert, Addictions and Mental Health

PG. Cert, Addictions and Mental Health
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Toronto, ON

PG.Cert, Addictions Community Outreach
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC), Nova Scotia

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert program (open the link below, scroll down to see the documents)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

To apply, she should reach out to the school enrollment center, international admission office via email on how to apply

Good luck!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olokings(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2022
Ergo the phrase "trustworthy person".

I am simply echoing what works for me.

I credited my colleague the equivalent amount and he applied to pay my school fees, full at that.

I have thereafter applied to open accounts with Jaiz ffor future transactions. This is 2 weeks now, I'm waiting for a notification of my new account numbers so I can operate it.

Two weeks / extra time may be much to spare, I do not know how quickly the person who requested the information needs it done.

No offense.

ShowYoung:

@Keren12

If you try this, you're on your own.

Is it a rocket science to open just a savings account? Heaven helps those who help themselves!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Josh3322: 7:44pm On May 23, 2022
Please which bank is the fastest to get pta from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Azedolf: 8:03pm On May 23, 2022
Niggaxboy:

hello, I uploaded my secondary school transcript when i applied and i was admitted

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 8:09pm On May 23, 2022
Pls which school can one apply for an MBA that doesn't require GMAT or GRE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olokings(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2022
Hello Folks,

So if i order for GCMS notes, will the note carry information as at that date GCMS was applied, or it will be as at date GCMS notes was reported?

For example, given it takes an average of 30 - 40 days to process, if i apply Today (23rd May 2022), and i recieve it say 20th June. will the note carry assessment information as at 17-20 June, or it will contain information as at 23/24 May?

Please i need this clarification to take a decision whether to hold off or request the GCMS notes now.

Merci.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:20pm On May 23, 2022
Docslim4u:
Goodday, please i want to apply to Nbcc. but i do not know if i am only to send my waec result and scratch card to the NBCC portal or just the email admissionsnbcc@gmail.com? i will be waiting for your response. thank you

NBCC will request the scratch card from you if you don't include it in your application.

You will reply them through the email they use in correspondence with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 8:22pm On May 23, 2022
Thank you

ShowYoung:

Use Jaiz Bank, TAJ Bank, Heritage Bank or Globus Bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 8:24pm On May 23, 2022
ShowYoung:

NBCC will request the scratch card from you if you don't include it in your application.

You will reply them through the email they use in correspondence with you.

Hello everyone, please kindly advise. I have submitted my bank statement to IRCC, but I got additional funds in my account today. Is it allowed to submit updated bank statement to IRCC via web form or email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:24pm On May 23, 2022
olokings:
Ergo the phrase "trustworthy person".

I am simply echoing what works for me.

I credited my colleague the equivalent amount and he applied to pay my school fees, full at that.

I have thereafter applied to open accounts with Jaiz ffor future transactions. This is 2 weeks now, I'm waiting for a notification of my new account numbers so I can operate it.

Two weeks / extra time may be much to spare, I do not know how quickly the person who requested the information needs it done.

No offense.

Bro! I understand you, but the person may not, hence the reason for the warning.

You waited that long because you didn't stand on their neck. You would have got it that same day if you had stood on their neck.

I know how to get them do my biddings quickly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrnatural(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2022
good evening everybody,
is it advisable to go for Master's program direct or go for post graduate studies due to 7years study gap?

i graduated with a 2.1 upper from the department of sociology. I'm considering University of New Brunswick.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olokings(m): 8:37pm On May 23, 2022
Hellos,
They actually processed the Form A request within 5 business days. Indeed they lived up to their reputation.
The two weeks is me requesting an account opening with them, so i can DIY my shh going forward.

Thanks.

ShowYoung:

Bro! I understand you, but the person may not, hence the reason for the warning.

You waited that long because you didn't stand on their neck. You would have got it that same day if you had stood on their neck.

I know how to get them do my biddings quickly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iamblessed17: 8:39pm On May 23, 2022
BOOKING MY PPR ALERT SPACE HERE WITH FAITH IN JESUS NAME AMEN!
THERE IS NOTHING TO BIG FOR MY FATHER THE ALMIGHTY

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 8:42pm On May 23, 2022
For Graduate Studies:

1. Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) - Canada
- MBA
- The application fee of $120 for international applicants (Please note that credit card payments on the application are only available from 5:01 a.m. to 12 a.m. (Newfoundland time; UTC -3:30), Sunday through Friday. It is unavailable on Saturday.)
- Campus: St. John's

- Fall semester deadline: Feb. 1 (International applicants - Fall semester start only)
- Fees: ($9,000CAD for 2 years)
- GMAT score is required of at least 550
- Special Fees- in addition to semester fee above, International: $24,000 – to be paid $4,000 in each semester 1-6.
2. University Canada West (UCW) - Vancouver, British Columbia:
- DLI Program length: 2 years
- Program Tuition Fees: Total Tuition Fees $36,840

- Intakes: Fall (October), Winter (January), Spring (April), Summer (July)

- Deadline: Spring/Summer/Fall 2022 - Feb14/May16/NA
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended: 1461 Granville Street Vancouver, British Columbia, V6Z 0E5, Canada
- Official documentation confirming professional designations,
- GMAT OR Business Administration/Bachelor Commerce OR A minimum of (3) years work experience
- Electives:
- Business Analytics
- Consulting
- Entrepreneurship
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Leadership
- Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Non-Profit
- University Canada West Rankings

- 5 QS Stars by QS World University Rankings, 2022
- #4 in Applyboard’s Top 10 Canadian University Programs for MBA and MBA foundation
- Listed among Canada’s Best Online MBA programs by Coursecompare
- One of the best Online Universities in Canada for 2021 by University Magazine.
- University Canada West Placements

- At UCW, 88% of MBA graduates secure a job within three months of graduation.
- 100% of MBA graduates have secured a job within six months of graduation.
- Free practical workshops that include networking skills and personal branding are taught by the university.
- 67% of MBA graduates at UCW have secured a job within a month of graduation.
- Expenses Amount (CAD)
- Tuition 20,880-21,060
- Health insurance 326
- Food 3,600-9,600
- Transportation 1,176-2,088
- Phone and Internet 720-1,800
- Book, supplies, and miscellaneous 1,500-2,500
3. Canadian Mennonite University (Manitoba) - MBA $36,000CAD (FYRs)
- Deadline: January 15
- 22-month program
- Tuition includes: Food, lodging, and instructional costs related to your two on-site courses including the international trip.
- Tuition does not include: Books and Transportation approximately $1,500 CDN depending on travel method and location.
4. Trinity Western University (TWU): - private Christian uni in British Columbia
- TO DO:
- Official Final Transcript Required
- Reference s
- A course-by-course degree evaluation (not ECA)
- Specialization: Management of growing enterprise, Non-Profit &Charitable Organizations, and International Business
- Anticipated Length: 18 to 21 month average
- $34,200 to $36,225
- international application fee of $150.
- References: Request two letters of reference.
- Admissions Statement: All students must submit a personal admissions statement of 500-800 words. This statement should describe your academic and personal goals, key experiences leading to your desire for academic advancement, and reasons for pursuing this program at Trinity Western University.
- An academic IELTS score of at least 7.0 on all bands (not General)
- GMAT is not required for admission.
- Entrance Interview: Some applicants will be selected to complete an interview (which may occur by telephone conference call or Skype interview via the internet).
5. University of New Brunswick (UNB) - (Fredericton)
- Degrees / Certificates Offered: MBA, MBA Concentration in Venture Commercialization, Scaling, and Investment, MBA Concentration in Management Analytics, MBA in Sport and Recreation Management, MBA.JD, Graduate Certificate in Management
- Application Deadlines: March 31 for Fall term; Aug 1 for Winter term.
- Length: 20 Months Full-time, 5 Years Part-time
- Entry Terms: Fall (September), Winter (January)
- Statement of purpose explaining your goals and how the degree/program fits in with your career plan.
- Work experience is preferred.
- Three reference letters with at least one from a former professor.
- Undergraduate degree (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.3.
- Prerequisite course: successful completion of a university-level microeconomics course is preferred before the program begins, but can be completed during the first term.
- GMAT score of 550 or GRE equivalent.
- Proof of English competency - Academic Module Minimum score of band 7
- International applicants are recommended to submit a WES ICAP evaluation, which can expedite the review and decision process. Official transcripts are required at the time of application.
6. Thompson Rivers University, British Columbia - Canada
- A GMAT score is not required;
- 18 – 24 months
- $45,908 full tuition
- Estimated tuition: Year 1 ($14,419.80CAD); - Year 2 ($31,487.76CAD);
- The Application Deadline: • September programs start – May 1st; • January programs start - Oct 1st
- Work experience is beneficial but not required
- Quantitative skills requirement: Applicants must have adequate quantitative skills in the opinion of the TRU MBA Committee.
7. Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ Royal Military College of Canada
- International Fees: $ 12,770 (per term) - Full-time
- 3 terms to pay for a total of $38,310
- Full-time studies is 1 year
- The requirement of writing the GMAT may be waived for an applicant who has an academic file of quality.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score for admission is: 8+ (Score 7 is encouraged to apply)
8. University of Alberta
- Full-Time MBA
- Fall 2020 Cohort: ~$60,000*
9. University of Northern British Columbia (British Columbia) - $8323.20 per semester; - MBA (no specialization); - Deadline: February 15, 2022
10. University of Victoria (British Columbia): - Total estimated cost*** $50,878.66; - Coop
11. Saint Mary’s University - International students: $43,500; - GMAT score of 550+.

- Brandon University (Manitoba) - no preferred courses
- Simon Fraser University (British Columbia) - MBA $55,825CAD: 1yr; 12mth MBA
- University of PEI - MBA $747CAD per 3 credit course
- University of Winnipeg - no preferred courses
- University of New Brunswick - $37,577.00CAD (Full YRs)
- University of British Columbia - $8,765.37CAD per semester (Full-time MBA tuition $51,417)
- University of Saskatchewan - MBA 12mth MBA; $54,853.86CAD (Full YR)... Sociology $1,946.94CAD per term; 2yrs
- Queen's University Kingston, Canada - $54,950... - Digital Business; - Mgt Analytics; - Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Vancouver Island University - $48,858; - ABP + Specialization (Marketing or Financing); +16 Week Internship
- Lakehead University, Thunder Bay: - $13,596.77 Per Term (Minimum fee of $40,000 per year - 3 terms); - GMAT unwaiveable
- University of Manitoba: - MBA International total tuition fee is $48,300; - Full Time: 12 months or up to two years
- Université de Moncton is the only French-language university; MBA program in 2 streams: a regular program and a co-op option. (An English-language stream of the program is currently suspended); - Full-Time: 24 months; New Brunswick
- Laurentian University: - M.B.A.** $4,053.70 per 3 credits; - GMAT requirement waived for 2022-2023 admissions due to COVID-19.
- University of Regina - Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business - MBA Totaling $34,720 (CAD); - 2 years; - GMAT compulsory
- Cape Breton University - Shannon School Of Business: only MBA in Community Economic Development (MBA-CED)
- University of Windsor - Odette School of Business: $ 17589.82 per term
- Athabasca University: Total tuition: $44,584
-
tosluv1:
Please how much is the tuition for this MBA program. i intend to apply for January intake

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 8:47pm On May 23, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lordkay10(m): 8:49pm On May 23, 2022
amila20042001:
Pls school can one apply for an MBA that doesn't require GMAT or GRE
University Canada West
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 8:53pm On May 23, 2022
lordkay10:

University Canada West

Hello everyone, please kindly advise. I have submitted my bank statement to IRCC, but I got additional funds in my account today. Is it allowed to submit updated bank statement to IRCC via web form or email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.